Singapore Expats Forum

Urgent!! Chances of LTVP for my spouse

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
userABC
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon, 14 Jun 2010

Urgent!! Chances of LTVP for my spouse

Postby userABC » Wed, 16 Jun 2010 11:27 am

Hi, I have been searching over the forum but couldn't find any questions/answered that deem fit to answer my worries. Therefore I will need to seek help from whoever has experiences. Here it goes.

I'm getting married with my gf this coming July and immediately I want to apply for LTVP for her. She is a Thai and I'm a Singapore Citizen.However, the few documents they needed was the income tax assessment and CPF statement. I only started working and getting regular salary this month therefore I will not have those documents to back me up. I did call up the ICA and they say I could just state that I have only just started working.

Will it be difficult for me to get her the LTVP? I have browsed through the forum and have seen people saying that we have to stay together for quite a substantial amount of time before we can actually get LTVP. Is that true? So what are my chances? I hope anyone who has experience would tell me my chances and any problem that I might face in the future. Thanks a million!

User avatar
Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Posts: 3459
Joined: Thu, 03 Dec 2009
Location: TIMBUKTU

Re: Urgent!! Chances of LTVP for my spouse

Postby Mad Scientist » Thu, 17 Jun 2010 6:34 am

userABC wrote:I'm getting married with my gf this coming July and immediately I want to apply for LTVP for her. She is a Thai and I'm a Singapore Citizen.However, the few documents they needed was the income tax assessment and CPF statement. I only started working and getting regular salary this month therefore I will not have those documents to back me up. I did call up the ICA and they say I could just state that I have only just started working.


Will it be difficult for me to get her the LTVP? I have browsed through the forum and have seen people saying that we have to stay together for quite a substantial amount of time before we can actually get LTVP. Is that true? So what are my chances?


One of the biggest ruse that ICA is on the lookout is "marriage of convenience". That is the reason that you have to be living together with your wife in Singapore or overseas for sometime to show proof . If you can supply document like waterbill or power bill that has both names on it, anything that is deemed to be a legal documents even a bank statement to show proof that you are NOT what they are thinking you are doing, do it. Make a copy and supply with it although they did not ask for it.
Write a cover letter and explain on why you cannot supply ICA with the regular salary and whatever salary slips that you have.
Next is are you able to support your spouse financially.
These are the rough guidelines you should be aware of unless you are not telling us the whole picture.
I am not sure how long it takes to be honest as the vetting is quite stringent. If they smell something fishy then you are done for.
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

User avatar
ap 4POT
Member
Member
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun, 13 Jun 2010
Location: Thailand

Postby ap 4POT » Mon, 21 Jun 2010 1:40 pm

hi, my wife is a thai too. i too had some time wasting period and bad experience with ica.

do remember to check ur wife to be current visa,is it valid during ur july ROM? or u need it to be extended?

if needed they wont extend for u if your ROM is more then one month away from the expiry of her visa.

they wont tell u to change date.u have to change it before u can go down to ica again to show them.

it took them 4months to approved my wife LTVP.

DO note,if ur wife english is not of our standard,u need a thai translator from the embassy,as ROM req their stamp on the cert.

if u need further information, i will PM u my mobile.feel free to call.
keep smiling :)

User avatar
ap 4POT
Member
Member
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun, 13 Jun 2010
Location: Thailand

Postby ap 4POT » Mon, 21 Jun 2010 1:42 pm

deleted.
Last edited by ap 4POT on Sun, 09 Jan 2011 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
keep smiling :)

User avatar
Saint
Director
Director
Posts: 3535
Joined: Thu, 16 Jun 2005
Location: The Juban Stand, Boat Quay
Contact:

Re: Urgent!! Chances of LTVP for my spouse

Postby Saint » Mon, 21 Jun 2010 2:06 pm

Mad Scientist wrote:
userABC wrote:I'm getting married with my gf this coming July and immediately I want to apply for LTVP for her. She is a Thai and I'm a Singapore Citizen.However, the few documents they needed was the income tax assessment and CPF statement. I only started working and getting regular salary this month therefore I will not have those documents to back me up. I did call up the ICA and they say I could just state that I have only just started working.


Will it be difficult for me to get her the LTVP? I have browsed through the forum and have seen people saying that we have to stay together for quite a substantial amount of time before we can actually get LTVP. Is that true? So what are my chances?


One of the biggest ruse that ICA is on the lookout is "marriage of convenience". That is the reason that you have to be living together with your wife in Singapore or overseas for sometime to show proof . If you can supply document like waterbill or power bill that has both names on it, anything that is deemed to be a legal documents even a bank statement to show proof that you are NOT what they are thinking you are doing, do it. Make a copy and supply with it although they did not ask for it.
Write a cover letter and explain on why you cannot supply ICA with the regular salary and whatever salary slips that you have.
Next is are you able to support your spouse financially.
These are the rough guidelines you should be aware of unless you are not telling us the whole picture.
I am not sure how long it takes to be honest as the vetting is quite stringent. If they smell something fishy then you are done for.


A few things to add from my personal experience of going through the PR process through Mrs S who's Singaporean.

When I applied we had both lived outside of Singapore for nearly 4 years so neither of us were able to provide income tax statements and therefore no CPF contributions. We did however provide proof of our overseas income at the time. At the time we had been married for 4 years but didn't provide any proof that we actually physically lived together (not like the UK!) nor did the ICA request it.

That was 2 years ago but with the ICA taking a look at the sheer increase in the number of 'Marriages of Convenience' that have occurred over the last few years you will just have to see if you can get a LTSVP and wait for at least a couple of years.

User avatar
Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Posts: 3459
Joined: Thu, 03 Dec 2009
Location: TIMBUKTU

Re: Urgent!! Chances of LTVP for my spouse

Postby Mad Scientist » Mon, 21 Jun 2010 6:15 pm

Saint wrote:When I applied we had both lived outside of Singapore for nearly 4 years so neither of us were able to provide income tax statements and therefore no CPF contributions. We did however provide proof of our overseas income at the time. At the time we had been married for 4 years but didn't provide any proof that we actually physically lived together (not like the UK!) nor did the ICA request it.

That was 2 years ago but with the ICA taking a look at the sheer increase in the number of 'Marriages of Convenience' that have occurred over the last few years you will just have to see if you can get a LTSVP and wait for at least a couple of years.


Ahh.... Saint that is the difference between yourself and OP, you have been married for 4 years and you are financially stable hence ICA see it as a non issue for your PR
This ruse is quite common in many countries including SG, M'sia, OZ . The trend started in early 1990s but now this loophole is already closed
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

userABC
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon, 14 Jun 2010

Postby userABC » Thu, 24 Jun 2010 8:48 am

Thanks to all of you who have replied especially ap 4POT.

I have pushed my wedding to September therefore I should be able to handle the documents now.

Once again, thanks!

User avatar
ap 4POT
Member
Member
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun, 13 Jun 2010
Location: Thailand

Postby ap 4POT » Thu, 24 Jun 2010 9:48 am

no problem bro..its not easy to have a thai wife.keep in touch bro..cheers
keep smiling :)

User avatar
ap 4POT
Member
Member
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun, 13 Jun 2010
Location: Thailand

Postby ap 4POT » Fri, 19 Nov 2010 6:49 pm

to all bros that called me..best wishes and good luck. :)
keep smiling :)


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests