Singapore Expats Forum

Advice on plane tickets...

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

belladonna

Advice on plane tickets...

Postby belladonna » Sat, 12 Jun 2010 2:09 am

Hi all... again, any advice from frequent travelers / dual nationals would be greatly appreciated.

I've explained in past threads that I am a dual national (UK & Philippines), Employment Pass holder (linked to Philippine PP) and will be traveling to the US in the fall. Now I understand that when I check in for my flight to the US, I should present my British passport, and exit Singapore with my Philippine one. Now, if I am asked to give my British passport when I purchase my plane tickets... what happens on my flight back from the US? Should my return ticket then be on my Philippine passport? Or is it ok to still have the ticket still bearing my British passport number and just show the airline rep that I have an Employment pass?

Please advise!

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 12 Jun 2010 6:55 am

If you enter the US on your British Passport, you exit the US on your British Passport. When you arrive in Singapore, you just present them your Philippines passport that has your Work Visa in it. On your British passport you have automatic right of entry to Singapore without visa, so immigration in the US won't care, nor do they need to know anything, about your Philippines Passport.

carteki
Editor
Editor

Postby carteki » Mon, 14 Jun 2010 10:38 am

Doesn't matter which passport you exit the US on as the airline is concerned with 2 things only - are you the person you say you are, and do you have the proper papers to enter the country you're going into. You don't go through any sort of customs when exiting the US - the airline takes the white card and hands it in for you.

You need to always enter and exit Singapore on the passport with your work permit in.

belladonna

Postby belladonna » Tue, 15 Jun 2010 11:45 am

Thank you both for the input! :) I suppose this dual citizenship and traveling with 2 passports business isn't too uncommon?