Singapore Expats Forum

Project Management.

Discuss your views about Singapore business & economy, current policies & issues, starting a business in Singapore.
ksl
Governor
Governor

Project Management.

Postby ksl » Fri, 11 Jun 2010 1:34 am

I am directing this question to SE, as I know he is well up to date on technology or anyone with knowledge.

My question is in regards to the Mevo service being offered, as we use PDA system and it maybe something you can offer your clients in your PM field as an alternative for distribution management systems in the F&B industry.

The main requirements are to increase efficiency and productive growth. Though my concern is that it maybe outdated having a back end system, when cloud platforms are being developed. what are your thoughts?.

I can visualize, the industry requirements, being more localised on cloud servers for industry users, including the GPRS monitoring system. Which would wipe out all these modules we have to add on from local programmers.
If an industry platform was already operating now, that would maybe a better choice with regards to cost saving.

I'm not sure, if QX systems are developing more sophisticated platforms for industry, or if they are limited http://www.qxsystems.com/

I was under the impression that the PDA system uses firmware integration like Microsoft, for back office though I'm not sure.

I'm not dealing with the project myself, though I have a better understanding on DMS software development and GPRS systems, than the person dealing with it. So conserving finance is a major factor with future technology for me, if its going to be outdated within a couple of years..

Not sure if you have come across DMS for sales optimisation, service excellence, effective control, efficient fulfillment and management insight in a logistic environment of F&B. Though any feedback on systems up and running would be fine and future trends. We maybe in need of a PM to fulfil our needs.

Strong Eagle

Postby Strong Eagle » Sat, 12 Jun 2010 10:21 pm

KSL, I do project management. My tools are limited to collaborative tools... status reporting, IM, shared docs, etc.

For other technologies I have SME's available... everything from service desk initiation to network topology to server infrastructure.

ksl
Governor
Governor

Postby ksl » Sat, 12 Jun 2010 11:20 pm

Strong Eagle wrote:KSL, I do project management. My tools are limited to collaborative tools... status reporting, IM, shared docs, etc.

For other technologies I have SME's available... everything from service desk initiation to network topology to server infrastructure.
Ok thanks SE...I'll get hold of the structured diagram of our plan, and discuss with our directors, what they are looking to implement and if they have had more than one quotation on the work. Thanks

ksl
Governor
Governor

Postby ksl » Thu, 17 Jun 2010 12:43 am

I found the perfect solution for what we need in cloud computing service. I was pretty sure it was up and running! Thanks all the same.