Singapore Expats Forum

Visa Waiver Travel to the US?

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

belladonna

Visa Waiver Travel to the US?

Postby belladonna » Thu, 10 Jun 2010 11:39 am

Hi everyone,

I posted a few months ago about my VWP predicament, and I am happy to say that most of that fiasco has been resolved. I am a dual British / Filipino citizen planning to visit the US in August. I have been living and working in Singapore on an EP linked to my Philippine passport. In the past, I have entered the US on my Philippine passport but my visa has since expired (in Feb 2009). I applied for ESTA authorization so that I might travel on my British passport to the US for the first time. The authorization was approved.

Was curious whether anyone on the boards has similar experiences with travelling as a dual citizen, and if there is anything else I should be mindful of, especially when entering / leaving Singapore and the US?

And... can anyone help me confirm that Delta is a VWP approved carrier?

Many Thanks!

wcyou

Postby wcyou » Thu, 10 Jun 2010 4:12 pm

Ah, i dont think there is such thing as visa waiver airline.. should be all can..

Anyway i went to US last year and this year on SIA and delta on Visa Waiver.. no problem..

belladonna

Postby belladonna » Fri, 11 Jun 2010 5:53 pm

^ Thanks so much for the input.

I just realized though that I will be flying through Narita airport. Is it ok for me to enter Narita on my British passport? Will they be looking for exit stamps from Singapore?

Is it at all possible for me to get my British passport stamped with a re-entry permit if my Philippine one is the one linked to my employment pass? I am so confused. Please help...