Singapore Expats Forum

Singapore breaker yards?

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

QRM
Manager
Manager

Singapore breaker yards?

Postby QRM » Wed, 09 Jun 2010 10:33 am

Using my best attempt at the Ah Beng accent I just called everyone of these folks on this list http://www.sgcarmart.com/directory/list ... crap+yards but had no luck

Trying to find a part for the interior of my car. I will be selling it in 2 weeks and the missing trim takes 2 months to order from Japan.

So if any one is passing by or hangs out in a breakers yard here or near by JB and notices a 2006 Toyota Alphard sitting there can you drop me a line.

Thanks

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Postby Vaucluse » Wed, 09 Jun 2010 3:33 pm

You should be summarily executed for owning an Alphard

'nuff said Image

QRM
Manager
Manager

Postby QRM » Wed, 09 Jun 2010 5:40 pm

Getting a Velfire next :lol:

durain
Director
Director

Postby durain » Wed, 09 Jun 2010 6:52 pm

QRM is the notorious "drive by shooter". :D

Saint
Director
Director

Postby Saint » Thu, 10 Jun 2010 8:24 am

Must be de-blinging his car?

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Re: Singapore breaker yards?

Postby Mad Scientist » Thu, 10 Jun 2010 9:22 am

QRM wrote:Using my best attempt at the Ah Beng accent I just called everyone of these folks on this list http://www.sgcarmart.com/directory/list ... crap+yards but had no luck

Trying to find a part for the interior of my car. I will be selling it in 2 weeks and the missing trim takes 2 months to order from Japan.

So if any one is passing by or hangs out in a breakers yard here or near by JB and notices a 2006 Toyota Alphard sitting there can you drop me a line.

Thanks

Hey QRM, your wheels is it a 7 seater or 6 seater ?Is there both option available

MS
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

QRM
Manager
Manager

Postby QRM » Thu, 10 Jun 2010 9:44 am

They have a 7 and 8 seat option, ours was an 8 seater but I removed one of the seats for a large fridge/coffee table. I misplaced the brackets that bolt the seat into the floor tracks so cant put the seat back. I suppose I could use super glue :lol:

Also have to take out the furry dice, shag pile carpet and chrome chain link steering wheel. I may leave the ceiling mounted mirror ball.

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Postby Mad Scientist » Thu, 10 Jun 2010 9:53 am

QRM wrote:They have a 7 and 8 seat option, ours was an 8 seater but I removed one of the seats for a large fridge/coffee table. I misplaced the brackets that bolt the seat into the floor tracks so cant put the seat back. I suppose I could use super glue :lol:

Also have to take out the furry dice, shag pile carpet and chrome chain link steering wheel. I may leave the ceiling mounted mirror ball.

Sorry for intruding, what is the fuel consumption like in litre per 100 km.
Does this comes with diesel and petrol option ?
What is the wheel size 19 or 17 inch ?
Compare this to Previa or Estima, how do you rate ?

I am driving a LR Disco 3 now, thinking of changing. I had a look at the website, pretty impressive piece of wheels
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

QRM
Manager
Manager

Postby QRM » Thu, 10 Jun 2010 10:29 am

Mad Scientist wrote:
QRM wrote:They have a 7 and 8 seat option, ours was an 8 seater but I removed one of the seats for a large fridge/coffee table. I misplaced the brackets that bolt the seat into the floor tracks so cant put the seat back. I suppose I could use super glue :lol:

Sorry for intruding, what is the fuel consumption like in litre per 100 km.

I have no idea its a 2.4, i suspect it wont be brilliant having the aerodynamics of a brick.

Does this comes with diesel and petrol option ?

As far as I know its just petrol 2.4 or 3.0 there was a hybrid version but has been discontinued, the latest version has a 3.5l V6 option

I have no idea but I can confirm its round, I heard people who stuck larger rims on have regretted it as it spoils the silky smooth ride, and lets be honest Alphards are not exaclty doughnuts and drifting material, comfort is the name of the game.

Compare this to Previa or Estima, how do you rate ?

Two chums that used to have previa have now both bought Alphards, you get these MPV for space and comfort, and the alphard is the top dog in both those categories though there is a sacrifice for the space it does have problems getting into certain carparks.

I am driving a LR Disco 3 now, thinking of changing. I had a look at the website, pretty impressive piece of wheels.

I had a range rover in London while its a lovely car they call it the No.1 off road vehicular for a reason, with only 40k on the clock it spent most of it time off the road in a workshop. (Thats for sale as well storage cost have exceeded its value) I assume most of the service technician at Toyota dont have much to do apart from changing pedals. We like it so much getting another one here and looking to pick another one up in KL.

Saint
Director
Director

Postby Saint » Thu, 10 Jun 2010 11:57 am

QRM wrote:

I have no idea but I can confirm its round, I heard people who stuck larger rims on have regretted it as it spoils the silky smooth ride, and lets be honest Alphards are not exaclty doughnuts and drifting material, comfort is the name of the game.

They come out of the factory with 16in caster wheels :shock: