Singapore Expats Forum

What's next with the LTVP

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
bunty8767

What's next with the LTVP

Postby bunty8767 » Tue, 08 Jun 2010 5:33 pm

Hi,

I can't seem to find this anywhere, I would appreciate if someone here could tell me. I have an Approval Notice for a Long Term Visit Pass valid for 1 year based on the EPEC. On my approval notice, there is a statement:

"On arrival in Singapore, you are required to complete formalities for the issuance of the Visit Pass (Long Term) personally at this office To facilitate the collection of your Pass, you are advised to come to ICA"

Does this mean that I need to go to the ICA building as soon as I land (i.e. set my appointment accordingly) or Does this mean that I can pass immigration with the Approval Notice (and other forms) and visit the ICA building at my own convenience, lets say within 2 days?

Any help would be much appreciated.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 08 Jun 2010 6:07 pm

It means you arrive on a bog standard svp as you would if you were coming here on a holiday. On the next business day or the day after if you want, you proceed to ICA, sidle up to the information counter and let 'em know what you're on about. They will give you further instructions. Then Bob's yer uncle!

bunty8767

Postby bunty8767 » Tue, 08 Jun 2010 6:56 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:It means you arrive on a bog standard svp as you would if you were coming here on a holiday. On the next business day or the day after if you want, you proceed to ICA, sidle up to the information counter and let 'em know what you're on about. They will give you further instructions. Then Bob's yer uncle!

Well, a potential problem with that is, if I just get there as if I am on a holiday, they would expect me to have a return ticket. The company that has hired me is going to file an EP for me while I am there and there is a possibility that I might not return or a possibility of not having a fixed return date, so it does not make sense to me to buy a return ticket right now, I might be wrong.

bunty8767

Re: What's next with the LTVP

Postby bunty8767 » Tue, 08 Jun 2010 7:01 pm

bunty8767 wrote:Hi,

I can't seem to find this anywhere.......

carlsum1986, I can't reply to private messages, it took 4 weeks for the approval of LTVP.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 08 Jun 2010 8:23 pm

bunty8767 wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:It means you arrive on a bog standard svp as you would if you were coming here on a holiday. On the next business day or the day after if you want, you proceed to ICA, sidle up to the information counter and let 'em know what you're on about. They will give you further instructions. Then Bob's yer uncle!

Well, a potential problem with that is, if I just get there as if I am on a holiday, they would expect me to have a return ticket. The company that has hired me is going to file an EP for me while I am there and there is a possibility that I might not return or a possibility of not having a fixed return date, so it does not make sense to me to buy a return ticket right now, I might be wrong.

Yes, you will lose a little bit of money on a return fare that you have to cash in but otherwise, you stand the chance of not working in Singapore. You can show the approved EPEC to immigration and they may not require an onward ticket, but then again, maybe they will. Do you want to gamble for the sake of $150 dollars or so? (What it usually costs to cash in a return fare)

carlsum1986
Chatter
Chatter

Postby carlsum1986 » Wed, 09 Jun 2010 10:13 am

Hi,
Thanks for the info