Singapore Expats

So ARE there any Full Time Working Moms out there?

Juggling family and work is never easy. Discuss about it here.
aurorasig

Post by aurorasig » Wed, 13 Apr 2011 11:52 pm

Hi All, I'm moving in June and will hoping to put my 1 yr old in daycare. She currently is being taken care of my her grandmother here in the states.

Did anyone find the transition to daycare difficult for their really little ones?

How did you help with the transition?

caligal

Post by caligal » Wed, 18 May 2011 9:58 pm

Hi all,

I am a single working full-time mom of a 7 year old girl.
I have been in Singapore for 6 months and LOVE it.

But, has been tough meeting people outside of work - most of my coworkers are in their mid-twenties with no children. They are so much fun to enjoy the nightlife with, but I'd really like to meet other families with similar-aged children. I am mid-thirties, widowed for nearly 3 years.

Interested in finding out if there are other single working expat moms out here (starting to feel like I am the only one!) in a similar situation - my daughter attends a really small school - have not met any other single moms there and the other parent couples seem to stick to their church social networks so I am feeling a bit isolated at the moment.

We live on the west coast near west coast park/clementi woods.

-Monica

kirshman

FTWM Looking for others to meet up with

Post by kirshman » Mon, 23 May 2011 12:34 pm

Hi,

I've been living in Singapore for 3 years now and have a 3.5 month old baby. Both my husband and I are American and work full-time. We live and work in the CBD.

I was wondering if there are any other expat couples out there with similar situations who would like to meet up sometime.

Best,
Heather

singapore0611

Post by singapore0611 » Mon, 20 Jun 2011 4:30 pm

Hi all,

I am a newbie to this forum. We just moved to Singapore (almost a month back) from London. Both me and my hubby work full time. And we have a 2 year old daughter. We live near orchard, would be great to meet with other families in similar situations.

Cheers. 8-)

JoannF

Post by JoannF » Fri, 12 Aug 2011 5:21 pm

HI there, we moved here last week, with 3 kids. I am currently a SAHM for the past year but previously I was a FTWM which I thoroughly enjoyed. Once teh family gets settled I would be looking to go back out to work. My concern is finding a reliable helper who I can trust. I am thinking a Filipino would be the best option for english purposes. Would anyone be able to refer anyone?

pbez

Post by pbez » Wed, 09 Nov 2011 9:00 pm

Well, I just found this session of the forum. I am a full time working mom and so am glad to see that I can exchange ideas with others in the same situation. I'll check the forum whenever possible so that I can add my input to those newcomers or in need of information.

KDMOA

Hihi

Post by KDMOA » Mon, 24 Sep 2012 5:23 pm

Hi

I am a newbie here and am a full time working mum with three gals, 4yo, 2.5 yo and 15 months baby. to me cooking for the children is a big headache and some say steam oven can cook anything , even deep fry and I saw in website www.lootloot.sg, I wonder if I should try at a good price.. Anyone out there using steam oven? please share with me as my kitchen is not big and I do not wan hassle to clean up after cooking

KDMOA

Any good teacher / Guardian to look after children full time

Post by KDMOA » Mon, 24 Sep 2012 5:27 pm

Hi

Both me and my husband are working and was thinking when my children are sick or on long term school holidays, I would like to have someone to teach my children for 3 hours at my place, Any good local teacher to recommend beach road area

Thanks

hll

Re: Hihi

Post by hll » Mon, 19 Nov 2012 10:09 pm

Hi, I thought I have it tough but your kids are closer in age than mine! I'm also a full time working mom with 3 kids, 5 yo, 2.5 and 8 month old.

sicherel

Post by sicherel » Thu, 31 Jan 2013 12:29 pm

My wife has started her own business {advertising removed by moderator} which is now quite successful but... she works 7 days a week to manage the team, and although she is 9-month pregnant, she works more than 14 hours a day... I can definitely share our experience! We already have a lovely 3-year old daughter. Cheers, Ludo (husband + wife's personal assistant ;-))

Valkyrie80

FTWM Relocating to Singapore in the first week of Oct

Post by Valkyrie80 » Tue, 17 Sep 2013 9:43 pm

Hello, I'm a FTWM starting at my new job in the first week of October, have two girls (8 and 4.5 yrs old) who're joining Nexus International School. I am interested in reliable sources for full-time/live-in maids...We also haven't figured out a condo to stay in yet, since we will be in a Serviced Apartment till end of November and want to get a better sense of commute times..Looking for options equidistant from Nexus and the CBD..please do share your recommendations!

janeandrea

Hey all a FTWM from NZ here.

Post by janeandrea » Thu, 24 Jul 2014 2:46 pm

Hey all,

Another FTWM here, I'm Jane. Originally from New Zealand and now in Singapore with my 13 year old girl, my 4 year old boy and my husband here. Look forward to sharing experience with you all. :)

flowing

Re: So ARE there any Full Time Working Moms out there?

Post by flowing » Wed, 29 Jul 2015 11:36 am

We have moved to Singapore not so long ago and our kids will start in Dover school soon. My wife would however love to work a bit as well, but we are concerend what to do during the long holiday periods (e.g. 1 month in December!). How are you dealing with extended intl. school holidays in terms of working hours? We are not really keen to have a domestic helper...