Singapore Expats Forum

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Rach

Postby Rach » Tue, 31 May 2005 9:23 am

Hi this is Rachel, back here again!

Referrring to the previous messages on SIA maternity leave for thier female cabin crew, ground jobs, and flying mothers.

Just wanna confirm with you guys that, yes, SIA do provide maternity leave for girls who are married and pregnant. My colleague got pregnant last year, went for a maternity, of course she is paid during the 3 months, and back to work again this year. And in my team, there are already 2 flying mothers.

So...flying may not be a long time career, but i must say, as long as u maintain your figure & look, you can fly for as long as you like. Just like our Chief Stewardess, she is already 42, then again, she dont look at 42 but mid 30s. Still looking good & gorgeous!

So girls who are keen and dream to be with SIA as thier Stewardess.. dream no more! Put it into action.

Heard that after the recruitment exercise for Indian Stewardess this round, SIA will be recruiting Local Stewardess again in late June or early July. This news is gotten from my collegue's husband, who is working in the HR department of SIA Training Centre. So think should be rather accurate!

Keep a look out for the recruitment Girls!

Hope to you more of you on flights!

:)

Vien

Thanx Jayme

Postby Vien » Tue, 31 May 2005 9:37 am

Thanx Jayme, seems dat the emirates interview really interesting hehe.. i just wondering whether your interview is a walk in interview or ....? actually im not singaporean, ^^.. im indonesia chinese. and really keen to be a flight stewardess. :P. SIA has rejected me coz i havent finished my Bachelor Degree hehe.. but of course being rejected didnt make me down thus i stil searching for the opportunity and i found dat emirates is open for indonesia citizen too.. it said there will be an open day in Bali.. oh what a gorgeous place they choosed hehe.. is open day is a walk in interview or?? and guyz i wanna know is SIA really do recruiting by walk in interview??? plz help me.. i just wanna know if i still stand a chance or not to become a prestigious SIA team :).

thx..:)

-vien-

Guest

Postby Guest » Tue, 31 May 2005 10:11 am

Rachel, could I find out when they are recruiting stewards again?

hopeful

Silkair Walk-In

Postby hopeful » Tue, 31 May 2005 10:19 am

:lol: I'll be heading down for the Silkair interview tmr morning. Anyone keen on joining me?

also, I was at the SIA interview earlier this month, rejected in the 3rdround and still wondering why..keke

Aniwae, for those keen on grouping and g tmr leave me an email at maybellinezeng@hotmail.com or post a reply kaez! will chec the posts here sporadically!

cheers!

jacjac

Join SIA again

Postby jacjac » Tue, 31 May 2005 10:56 am

Hi all,
Im 24 yrs old. I was offered stewardess position with SIA 3 years ago but had to turn down due to some personal reason. But I really hope to get in again... do I have to go thru the interview all over again? or can I call them up to check with them on this? Can someone pls advise me?

Regards
Jacjac

Guest

Postby Guest » Tue, 31 May 2005 11:10 am

reapply again - 3 years ago is long time. they probably ask you to reapply as normal candidate.

becky
Member
Member
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu, 12 May 2005
Location: Malaysia
Contact:

Postby becky » Tue, 31 May 2005 11:23 am

Rach wrote:Hi this is Rachel, back here again!

Referrring to the previous messages on SIA maternity leave for thier female cabin crew, ground jobs, and flying mothers.

Just want to confirm with you guys that, yes, SIA do provide maternity leave for girls who are married and pregnant. My colleague got pregnant last year, went for a maternity, of course she is paid during the 3 months, and back to work again this year. And in my team, there are already 2 flying mothers.

So...flying may not be a long time career, but i must say, as long as u maintain your figure & look, you can fly for as long as you like. Just like our Chief Stewardess, she is already 42, then again, she dont look at 42 but mid 30s. Still looking good & gorgeous!

So girls who are keen and dream to be with SIA as thier Stewardess.. dream no more! Put it into action.

Heard that after the recruitment exercise for Indian Stewardess this round, SIA will be recruiting Local Stewardess again in late June or early July. This news is gotten from my collegue's husband, who is working in the HR department of SIA Training Centre. So think should be rather accurate!

Keep a look out for the recruitment Girls!

Hope to you more of you on flights!

:)


Hi Rachel, Is it true wot you were saying? I mean they are gonna recruit again in June or July? I do certainly hope so...........I missed April intake due to some reasons and I was considering whether to apply or not coz am supposed to go to Melbourne for my BA and supposed to join my bf, who is scottish, over there.........I do hope they have July intake coz been waiting for it to happen..........Next recruitment would be for Singaporeans or Malaysians? Thanks

Guest

Postby Guest » Tue, 31 May 2005 2:36 pm

Is it a must to have customer service experience to work for SIA? Will a fresh graduate with not much working experience be qualify?

User avatar
Suzycreamcheeze
Member
Member
Posts: 40
Joined: Wed, 11 May 2005

Postby Suzycreamcheeze » Tue, 31 May 2005 3:16 pm

i just came back from the silkair walk in interview.
was ok actualy.

walk in, in a group of 10 it hink... mine was the first group so there was abt 7 of us only. then we are asked to introduce ourselves and all.. then read a short passage. like those announcments on the airline.

i dunno what its gonna be like for tmw though. mite be different. but good luck to all those who are trying!

i hope i get thru!

KittyKat

Postby KittyKat » Tue, 31 May 2005 3:22 pm

becky wrote:
Rach wrote:Hi this is Rachel, back here again!

Referrring to the previous messages on SIA maternity leave for thier female cabin crew, ground jobs, and flying mothers.

Just want to confirm with you guys that, yes, SIA do provide maternity leave for girls who are married and pregnant. My colleague got pregnant last year, went for a maternity, of course she is paid during the 3 months, and back to work again this year. And in my team, there are already 2 flying mothers.

So...flying may not be a long time career, but i must say, as long as u maintain your figure & look, you can fly for as long as you like. Just like our Chief Stewardess, she is already 42, then again, she dont look at 42 but mid 30s. Still looking good & gorgeous!

So girls who are keen and dream to be with SIA as thier Stewardess.. dream no more! Put it into action.

Heard that after the recruitment exercise for Indian Stewardess this round, SIA will be recruiting Local Stewardess again in late June or early July. This news is gotten from my collegue's husband, who is working in the HR department of SIA Training Centre. So think should be rather accurate!

Keep a look out for the recruitment Girls!

Hope to you more of you on flights!

:)


Hi Rachel, Is it true wot you were saying? I mean they are gonna recruit again in June or July? I do certainly hope so...........I missed April intake due to some reasons and I was considering whether to apply or not because am supposed to go to Melbourne for my BA and supposed to join my bf, who is scottish, over there.........I do hope they have July intake because been waiting for it to happen..........Next recruitment would be for Singaporeans or Malaysians? Thanks


Hi Rach & Becky..
Wonderin when they will recruit Indonesian stewardesses? I missed the last iApril intake too, Becky! Oh, so sad...I'll be 25 y.o in June, do you think I still stand a chance? Thanks so much for sharing, girls!!

KittyKat

Re: Thanx Jayme

Postby KittyKat » Tue, 31 May 2005 3:45 pm

Vien wrote:Thanx Jayme, seems dat the emirates interview really interesting hehe.. i just wondering whether your interview is a walk in interview or ....? actually im not singaporean, ^^.. im indonesia chinese. and really keen to be a flight stewardess. :P. SIA has rejected me because i havent finished my Bachelor Degree hehe.. but of course being rejected didnt make me down thus i stil searching for the opportunity and i found dat emirates is open for indonesia citizen too.. it said there will be an open day in Bali.. oh what a gorgeous place they choosed hehe.. is open day is a walk in interview or?? and guyz i want to know is SIA really do recruiting by walk in interview??? plz help me.. i just want to know if i still stand a chance or not to become a prestigious SIA team :).

thx..:)

-vien-


Hi Vien!! I'm also Indonesian.. :wink: and really wish to be a flight attendant! Are you sure Emirates will recruit in Bali? When?? Maybe we should try together (since I'm plannin to go there for vacation this June). :P Btw, does Emirates accept those who wear contact lenses? Since SQ does, and I do wear conctacs :( . Thanks!!!

Guest

Re: Thanx Jayme

Postby Guest » Tue, 31 May 2005 4:33 pm

KittyKat wrote:
Vien wrote:Thanx Jayme, seems dat the emirates interview really interesting hehe.. i just wondering whether your interview is a walk in interview or ....? actually im not singaporean, ^^.. im indonesia chinese. and really keen to be a flight stewardess. :P. SIA has rejected me because i havent finished my Bachelor Degree hehe.. but of course being rejected didnt make me down thus i stil searching for the opportunity and i found dat emirates is open for indonesia citizen too.. it said there will be an open day in Bali.. oh what a gorgeous place they choosed hehe.. is open day is a walk in interview or?? and guyz i want to know is SIA really do recruiting by walk in interview??? plz help me.. i just want to know if i still stand a chance or not to become a prestigious SIA team :).

thx..:)

-vien-


Hi Vien!! I'm also Indonesian.. :wink: and really wish to be a flight attendant! Are you sure Emirates will recruit in Bali? When?? Maybe we should try together (since I'm plannin to go there for vacation this June). :P Btw, does Emirates accept those who wear contact lenses? Since SQ does, and I do wear conctacs :( . Thanks!!!


Vien,
They are doing an open day on Saturday, 25 June 2005 Start time: 9.00 A.M. sharp
Venue: Melia Bali Hotel,
Kawasan Wisata BTDC,
Lot 1, Nusa dua, Bali 80363

Does anyone here ever work for Emirates or have some infos about this walk-in recruitment? What to bring? What to wear? What kind of tests? Since they don't provide infos about this in their website and no corresspondence is provided. Many thanks!! :P :P

long island

Postby long island » Tue, 31 May 2005 5:16 pm

so who is back from silkair recruitment?tell us about it!

shania

silkair

Postby shania » Tue, 31 May 2005 6:38 pm

lili wrote:
Anonymous wrote:Anyone knows about the take home salary of SILKAIR cabin crew?


Basic is $1K.

Allowances is from $250.00 to $1,000.00. Depending where you fly and how long you go. Silkair fly only Asia countries, so the allowances not as attractive as SIA where one flight to New York can fetch you almost $1800.00 allowances, just allowances!!



lili,

Do you know roughly how many trips will there be in a month? And duration of trip? As in does the air stewardess need to go overseas for a few days before coming back to Singapore?

Thanks.

Catmeat
Member
Member
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue, 10 May 2005
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby Catmeat » Tue, 31 May 2005 6:55 pm

Suzycreamcheeze wrote:i just came back from the silkair walk in interview.
was ok actualy.

walk in, in a group of 10 it hink... mine was the first group so there was abt 7 of us only. then we are asked to introduce ourselves and all.. then read a short passage. like those announcments on the airline.

i don't know what its gonna be like for tmw though. mite be different. but good luck to all those who are trying!

i hope i get thru!


hey suzy
im going down for tmr's silkair interview
was there alot pple?
oh u wont let to know on the spot that u are selected?
for emirates they will tell u on the spot.


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests