Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
rurik0
Regular
Regular

Post by rurik0 » Tue, 19 Jun 2007 10:27 pm

so you mean i have to state the no. of times myself or will they do it?

wawaa
Regular
Regular

Post by wawaa » Tue, 19 Jun 2007 10:30 pm

rurik0 wrote:so you mean i have to state the no. of times myself or will they do it?

HI ruriko,

of coz u gota state it urself else how wld they knoe how many times n when u applied. You gotta indicate either the mm/yy or year only if u cant remember all the dates.

machi17
Regular
Regular

Post by machi17 » Tue, 19 Jun 2007 11:11 pm

RaMz wrote:okay..i know many are still in the celebration mood..hehe..sorry to interrupt though..
just curious, have you seen any guy who went with a moustache during the final interview make it? i know the stewards are strictly prohibited from keeping moustache ey?
during my 1-1, the interviewer asked me if i'm keeping it for religious purposes or not..i said it can be taken off when the need arises..he never really told me to get it off if i want to proceed to the next round..
so, anyone care to clarify?
hey~ from the email they sent to me before i commence training, it wrote tat moustache is definitely allowed in any case.. din state whether its religious or not.. as long as it's well kempt, shows the lips of the person, its no problem...

�� moustache must be neatly trimmed to reveal the lip shape and not shadow it

tats wat they wrote~ 8-)
~~I wanna fly too~~

veryscary

Post by veryscary » Tue, 19 Jun 2007 11:31 pm

RaMz, no worries about the moustache, during my management interview, there was an indian guy with the moustache, nicely trimmed of course, got through. Should not be a problem I guess. :D

marlboro

Post by marlboro » Tue, 19 Jun 2007 11:34 pm

wawaa, congrats!

btw how old are u?

bLiSs-LiCioUs
Chatter
Chatter

Post by bLiSs-LiCioUs » Tue, 19 Jun 2007 11:58 pm

haiz... hearing and reading the excitment of u girls getting thru' every rd just make me so jealous... :( i just hope this cming 15th jul interview will be a breeze for me... i really wanna fly!!!

btw, can you girls advise me what to wear to the interview? this'll be my second time... first time i wore dark colored jeans n a black top... wonder this time what should i wear....

autumn-reverie
Regular
Regular

Post by autumn-reverie » Wed, 20 Jun 2007 12:18 am

Hey bLiSs-LiCioUs,
As long as you fufill the requirements, i sincerely believe with determination and passion, you'll definitely be able to achieve your dream of flying! Wawaa is an excellent example :D

I guess semi-formal to formal clothes would be good, eg. a collared top. It's important to present the right image as first impressions does count alot.

All the best babe & you know i'm behind you all the way! :kiss:

cantswim
Regular
Regular

Post by cantswim » Wed, 20 Jun 2007 12:20 am

DeeeNah wrote:
cantswim wrote:congrats 2 deenah, eveningstar & wawaa!!

thx 4 all de info n advices dat u've given us :D

lilprincess, celt, woodstock, let's join dem!! hehe 8-)
Thanks!

Just shoot us any questions about the rounds. Will try to answer them to our best ability! We will be hoping all of you get in for this upcoming recruitment.
deenah, im not going 4 july15, cos it's in Singapore, n it'll take a few weeks 2 complete all de rounds.

will wait 4 de intview in KL. :) will u wait 4 me? :D
I decide my future.

cookiecream

Post by cookiecream » Wed, 20 Jun 2007 12:37 am

bLiSs-LiCioUs wrote:haiz... hearing and reading the excitment of u girls getting thru' every rd just make me so jealous... :( i just hope this cming 15th jul interview will be a breeze for me... i really wanna fly!!!

btw, can you girls advise me what to wear to the interview? this'll be my second time... first time i wore dark colored jeans n a black top... wonder this time what should i wear....
Tell me about it, bliss.. lol.
We are in the same boat.. hope the we can pass the 15th jul interview! :)

woodstock
Regular
Regular

Post by woodstock » Wed, 20 Jun 2007 1:09 am

Huh? Cantswim... u're not going to Singapore? :( I thought of asking whether u wanna travel to Singapore together.....

I've already set up 4 appts for facial ...one week once.... all the way b4 the interview..hehe..

Wawaa and gang, are u girls all ready for the training?! Don't worry abt the medical, you are all young and healthy (and pretty of course .....or else u wouldn't be selected by SIA). :)

ntyj
Regular
Regular

Post by ntyj » Wed, 20 Jun 2007 4:03 am

wawaa wrote:
rurik0 wrote:hi, just wondering... does the no. of times you try and how far u got thru each time affect your chances of getting in at all?

btw, gratz deenah and the rest~! good luck in everything, ganbatte!!! >.<

Hi rurik0,

the no.of times MUST be reflected in ur application form n how it affects u is tat they will see how determine u r based on the no. of times which means is a good thing at the same time how far u got tru doesnt really matter usually they will just ask u during the 1-1 intv which round the furthest u go...then explain frm there.

i think it doesnt really matter how many times u put..

anyway jus a little to share..
for wadever reason u fail during whichever rd especially the mgmt..
that particular reason will not affect ur next interview.

the computer willl not reflect the reason unless ure totally blacklisted.

DeeeNah
Chatter
Chatter

Post by DeeeNah » Wed, 20 Jun 2007 9:17 am

bLiSs-LiCioUs wrote:haiz... hearing and reading the excitment of u girls getting thru' every rd just make me so jealous... :( i just hope this cming 15th jul interview will be a breeze for me... i really wanna fly!!!

Hey bliss-licious.

Don't worry about it. The more nervous you are, the more you can't let your personality shine though. I admit that some of it has to do with the way you look and present yourself, but with a blah personality, you would not go through as well. So Just relax and you would do well!! :)

I would say wear something semi-formal to formal. I personally would not wear jeans as I think it is a bit informal. Maybe pants and a really nice top with nice heels (Covered toes, if not covered at least paint your nails) and do not wear big dangling earrings as they take away focus from your face and might distract/irritate the interviewer. Also, during the kebaya test they will ask you to remove all earrings except studs anyway. :) All the best for your interview! Like what autumn-reverie said, we are behind you!

cantswim -->That sucks that you can't attend this upcoming recruitment. Wasn't there one done in KL recently?

cookiecream -->all the best for 15th july! We are behind you! Maybe you and bliss can meetup on that day. At least have a friend with you for support and to chit chat during the waiting times.

DeeeNah
Chatter
Chatter

Post by DeeeNah » Wed, 20 Jun 2007 9:21 am

woodstock wrote:Huh? Cantswim... u're not going to Singapore? :( I thought of asking whether u wanna travel to Singapore together.....

I've already set up 4 appts for facial ...one week once.... all the way b4 the interview..hehe..

Wawaa and gang, are u girls all ready for the training?! Don't worry abt the medical, you are all young and healthy (and pretty of course .....or else u wouldn't be selected by SIA). :)
I cant wait for them to call me in all honesty! I wanna tender soon! Start training soon! :)

woodstock
Regular
Regular

Post by woodstock » Wed, 20 Jun 2007 10:30 am

Yeah.. I can truly understand your excitement Deeenah. U're just a phone call away to start a new and exciting chapter in your life. No more normal routine....

Yo...Malaysian forumer out there... I notice the last SIA interview in KL was a write-in, do u remember roughly how often do they do walk-in in KL? I prefer walk-in. With my age and not so photogenic face, I am pretty sure I won't get shortlisted if it's a write-in..

I think most probably I'll wait for the KL interview with cantswim. :)

DeeeNah
Chatter
Chatter

Post by DeeeNah » Wed, 20 Jun 2007 10:35 am

Why don't you just travel down? I think a walk in is way better than writing in so that you do not have to wait too long for a reply from them.