Singapore Expats Forum

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
User avatar
sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 314
Joined: Fri, 07 Apr 2006
Location: 2012

Postby sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi » Tue, 12 Jun 2007 4:29 am

A shout out to all those who are waiting for their medical or for those in the case of awaiting training dates..Just to counter check,in order for you to sign the bond,you will require a surety to come with you am I right?So,does anyone have any idea on whether in the case of a death of your surety,do you need a new one to replace your original surety which signed the bond?Just wondering because a guy from my flight had been told this..Just wondering whether there is such a existence.. :roll: :roll: :roll:
In order to receive,you have to believe that you have received. (The Secret)

buzzzybeebee
Regular
Regular
Posts: 55
Joined: Wed, 25 Apr 2007

Postby buzzzybeebee » Tue, 12 Jun 2007 9:44 am

sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi wrote:A shout out to all those who are waiting for their medical or for those in the case of awaiting training dates..Just to counter check,in order for you to sign the bond,you will require a surety to come with you am I right?So,does anyone have any idea on whether in the case of a death of your surety,do you need a new one to replace your original surety which signed the bond?Just wondering because a guy from my flight had been told this..Just wondering whether there is such a existence.. :roll: :roll: :roll:


Oh yah.. nv thot of this prob b4. Maybe i should ask them when i go down to sign my bond. When let you peeps know if by then still there are no one who can advise on it. :wink:

MelissaLin
Member
Member
Posts: 20
Joined: Sat, 28 Apr 2007
Location: Sberry land

Postby MelissaLin » Tue, 12 Jun 2007 10:18 am

buzzzybeebee wrote:
sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi wrote:A shout out to all those who are waiting for their medical or for those in the case of awaiting training dates..Just to counter check,in order for you to sign the bond,you will require a surety to come with you am I right?So,does anyone have any idea on whether in the case of a death of your surety,do you need a new one to replace your original surety which signed the bond?Just wondering because a guy from my flight had been told this..Just wondering whether there is such a existence.. :roll: :roll: :roll:


Oh yah.. nv thot of this prob b4. Maybe i should ask them when i go down to sign my bond. When let you peeps know if by then still there are no one who can advise on it. :wink:


hi shazni n buzzzybee

sorry, can u enlighten me as im not sure y do u all need a surety when ure signing e bond? somehow my impression of a surety is something like a guarantor when a loan is needed?
I wanna be one

buzzzybeebee
Regular
Regular
Posts: 55
Joined: Wed, 25 Apr 2007

Postby buzzzybeebee » Tue, 12 Jun 2007 10:34 am

MelissaLin wrote:
hi shazni n buzzzybee

sorry, can u enlighten me as im not sure y do u all need a surety when ure signing e bond? somehow my impression of a surety is something like a guarantor when a loan is needed?


I asked the same exact question previously as well. A surety is indeed lik a guarantor, for SIA to "chase after", should you break ur bond & unable to pay for your penalty.

MelissaLin
Member
Member
Posts: 20
Joined: Sat, 28 Apr 2007
Location: Sberry land

Postby MelissaLin » Tue, 12 Jun 2007 5:18 pm

buzzzybeebee wrote:
MelissaLin wrote:
hi shazni n buzzzybee

sorry, can u enlighten me as im not sure y do u all need a surety when ure signing e bond? somehow my impression of a surety is something like a guarantor when a loan is needed?


I asked the same exact question previously as well. A surety is indeed lik a guarantor, for SIA to "chase after", should you break ur bond & unable to pay for your penalty.


hello buzzzybee

so sorry to have make u repeat it again anyway thanks alot :D surety does sounds threatening if one break e bond..

btw, when all is successful, they need to sign a bond? for how many yrs, isit 2 yrs?
I wanna be one

User avatar
sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 314
Joined: Fri, 07 Apr 2006
Location: 2012

Postby sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi » Tue, 12 Jun 2007 7:16 pm

MelissaLin wrote:
buzzzybeebee wrote:
MelissaLin wrote:
hi shazni n buzzzybee

sorry, can u enlighten me as im not sure y do u all need a surety when ure signing e bond? somehow my impression of a surety is something like a guarantor when a loan is needed?


I asked the same exact question previously as well. A surety is indeed lik a guarantor, for SIA to "chase after", should you break ur bond & unable to pay for your penalty.


hello buzzzybee

so sorry to have make u repeat it again anyway thanks alot :D surety does sounds threatening if one break e bond..

btw, when all is successful, they need to sign a bond? for how many yrs, isit 2 yrs?


The bond is 2 years...A surety is to ensure that upon breaking the bond in the bonding period,your surety will have to pay back the money to SQ..
In order to receive,you have to believe that you have received. (The Secret)

hoshino
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue, 15 Nov 2005
Contact:

Postby hoshino » Tue, 12 Jun 2007 7:54 pm

does anyone know about the SIA travel benefits and privileges for cabin crew's family? do cabin crew's parents get free tickets every year and discounted travel at other times or...? are there any requirements for parents to be eligible for the privileges? :???:

User avatar
sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 314
Joined: Fri, 07 Apr 2006
Location: 2012

Postby sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi » Tue, 12 Jun 2007 7:56 pm

hoshino wrote:does anyone know about the SIA travel benefits and privileges for cabin crew's family? do cabin crew's parents get free tickets every year and discounted travel at other times or...? are there any requirements for parents to be eligible for the privileges? :???:



What are some of the benefits of being a Singapore Airlines employee?
Singapore Airlines provides many attractive benefits to its population of employees. Employees with at least 6 months' service are entitled to a free air-ticket to any Singapore Airlines destination once per year. On top of that, employees are entitled to profit sharing bonuses announced annually, based on the company's performance. Basic dental and medical coverage and subsidized insurance coverage are also among the benefits enjoyed by Singapore Airlines employees.

Hopes this answers your question. :)
In order to receive,you have to believe that you have received. (The Secret)

hoshino
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue, 15 Nov 2005
Contact:

Postby hoshino » Tue, 12 Jun 2007 8:05 pm

thanks alot sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi, but i would like to know what kind of privileges my parents will be getting... :???: sorry if i confused you... just wish to know, can you tell me more?

User avatar
sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 314
Joined: Fri, 07 Apr 2006
Location: 2012

Postby sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi » Tue, 12 Jun 2007 8:09 pm

hoshino wrote:thanks alot sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi, but i would like to know what kind of privileges my parents will be getting... :???:


Your parents would not get any privileges..The privilages that they get depends on you..For example,your free air ticket..You can pass them to your parents.
In order to receive,you have to believe that you have received. (The Secret)

hoshino
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue, 15 Nov 2005
Contact:

Postby hoshino » Tue, 12 Jun 2007 8:18 pm

sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi wrote:
hoshino wrote:thanks alot sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi, but i would like to know what kind of privileges my parents will be getting... :???:


Your parents would not get any privileges..The privilages that they get depends on you..For example,your free air ticket..You can pass them to your parents.


oh, we can do that?! cool! but that means only one of my parents get to go for free travelling... :cry: do you mind telling me more about the privileges my parents will be getting if i'm with SIA? :D

User avatar
sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 314
Joined: Fri, 07 Apr 2006
Location: 2012

Postby sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi » Tue, 12 Jun 2007 8:22 pm

hoshino wrote:
sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi wrote:
hoshino wrote:thanks alot sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi, but i would like to know what kind of privileges my parents will be getting... :???:


Your parents would not get any privileges..The privilages that they get depends on you..For example,your free air ticket..You can pass them to your parents.


oh, we can do that?! cool! but that means only one of my parents get to go for free travelling... :cry: do you mind telling me more about the privileges my parents will be getting if i'm with SIA? :D


I already told you brother,your parents won't get any privileges..Their privileges depends on you.. :)
In order to receive,you have to believe that you have received. (The Secret)

User avatar
machi17
Regular
Regular
Posts: 74
Joined: Thu, 17 May 2007
Location: Bukit Panjang

Postby machi17 » Tue, 12 Jun 2007 10:16 pm

hey~ i know that autumn is also starting training on the 25th~ anyone else also starting on the 25th as well? 8-)
~~I wanna fly too~~

MelissaLin
Member
Member
Posts: 20
Joined: Sat, 28 Apr 2007
Location: Sberry land

Postby MelissaLin » Tue, 12 Jun 2007 10:39 pm

machi17 wrote:hey~ i know that autumn is also starting training on the 25th~ anyone else also starting on the 25th as well? 8-)


congrats machi!! n also e rest who make it thru those tough levels of interviews..!!! :D
I wanna be one

User avatar
machi17
Regular
Regular
Posts: 74
Joined: Thu, 17 May 2007
Location: Bukit Panjang

Postby machi17 » Tue, 12 Jun 2007 10:45 pm

hey~! thanks alot melissa! :D
~~I wanna fly too~~


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest