Singapore Expats Forum

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
butterfliesweet
Member
Member
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu, 03 May 2007

Postby butterfliesweet » Sun, 10 Jun 2007 9:15 pm

out of curiosity.. did alot of the girls who went for the interview bun their hair, painted their nails red, wore blue eyeshadow and fiery red lipstick? and for those who passed the interviews.. did u girls do the above too? thks! :)

User avatar
sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 314
Joined: Fri, 07 Apr 2006
Location: 2012

Standard Luggages..

Postby sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi » Sun, 10 Jun 2007 10:33 pm

joyfulpapaya wrote:have a question to ask on suitcase/luggage - for those already flying, what is the size that you will recommend? e.g. how many inches.. understand tt there're those ~2-3 day trips, while the longest is ~1 week from the "flying roster" thread.

SIA will only give us the blue handbag right? heard tt the small black bag w trolley has to be bgt too. not sure if i'm correct..

Also... is there a standard colour (black?)? din find answers to these qns in the various threads.. thought it'll be a good time to buy now while the GSS is on! :)

thanks!



Standard colours for SQ CAbin Crew luggages are BLUE/DARK BLUE/BLACK..If you have a personal baggage,you can have it in brown/dark brown or any dark colours but stick with the colour code given..I've seen quite a number of my fellow SQ mates with LV suitcases,luggages and hand carry baggages..Yes you will have your standard blue handbag for FSS.

You can also try buying an LUis Vuitton PgaSE 60..which will cost around SGD 3350..But you can try others too ..The LV Pgase 60 comes in dark brown and black...Here are some of the stuff which I've mentioned:

Standard Black Coloured Luggage..Doesn't have to be LV..
Image

Image

Image

Now for hand carry baggage..

This is what I'm currently using:

Image

Image
Last edited by sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi on Sun, 10 Jun 2007 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In order to receive,you have to believe that you have received. (The Secret)

User avatar
Alley Cat
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon, 23 Apr 2007

Postby Alley Cat » Sun, 10 Jun 2007 10:49 pm

butterfliesweet wrote:out of curiosity.. did alot of the girls who went for the interview bun their hair, painted their nails red, wore blue eyeshadow and fiery red lipstick? and for those who passed the interviews.. did u girls do the above too? thks! :)


Hey gal, i guess you dont have to do that. Theres no need to. I'm not speaking for everyone though. In the 1st round, I can safely say that almost no one does that. Just be yourself. You don't have to be overdressed or underdressed either.

I don't think i recall anyone putting on such makeup. However, there were a couple that bun their hair, but i don't know if it were deliberate or it were just their style. Also, i dont think doing that increases their chances in any way.

Just remember, like any interview, first impressions count! Just put ur best foward, and it'll be ok!

Oh, and if ur intending to try for the interviews, gd luck!

butterfliesweet
Member
Member
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu, 03 May 2007

Postby butterfliesweet » Sun, 10 Jun 2007 11:27 pm

Alley Cat wrote:
butterfliesweet wrote:out of curiosity.. did alot of the girls who went for the interview bun their hair, painted their nails red, wore blue eyeshadow and fiery red lipstick? and for those who passed the interviews.. did u girls do the above too? thks! :)


Hey gal, i guess you dont have to do that. Theres no need to. I'm not speaking for everyone though. In the 1st round, I can safely say that almost no one does that. Just be yourself. You don't have to be overdressed or underdressed either.

I don't think i recall anyone putting on such makeup. However, there were a couple that bun their hair, but i don't know if it were deliberate or it were just their style. Also, i dont think doing that increases their chances in any way.

Just remember, like any interview, first impressions count! Just put ur best foward, and it'll be ok!

Oh, and if ur intending to try for the interviews, gd luck!


haha yeah i lk your ans.. kinda tot e same way actually.. but was jus curious if there were those more "kiasu" ones. haha.

im intending to, but probably at the end of the year.. not graduating until next yr may/june. u went for the recent interview? all the best to u too =)

joyfulpapaya
Regular
Regular
Posts: 72
Joined: Thu, 26 Apr 2007

Postby joyfulpapaya » Mon, 11 Jun 2007 12:05 am

hey sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi,

wow! thanks for your reply! complete with pictures some more. thanks for the effort yar :)

by "personal baggage", u mean the ones that you check in right?

me wun wan to buy a LV bag...dun have any "crave" for the designer bags.. though i know there are many who carry their LV and stuff.. will already be very happy with a simple one. but appreciate the info yar! :D

oh yar, got recommended size? 25 inches good enough?

User avatar
sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 314
Joined: Fri, 07 Apr 2006
Location: 2012

Postby sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi » Mon, 11 Jun 2007 1:11 am

joyfulpapaya wrote:hey sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi,

wow! thanks for your reply! complete with pictures some more. thanks for the effort yar :)

by "personal baggage", u mean the ones that you check in right?

me wun wan to buy a LV bag...dun have any "crave" for the designer bags.. though i know there are many who carry their LV and stuff.. will already be very happy with a simple one. but appreciate the info yar! :D

oh yar, got recommended size? 25 inches good enough?


Yup good enough..The LV pgase is already 24 inches in Length..So,go for a appropriate size..Yes the ones that you check in are called excess baggage,the ones where you carry your personal stuff..Go for a luggage which you think would be sufficient enough to carry the load for that period of time which you will be spending overseas..

Btw,nice picture of the papaya..Very unique and illustrative.. :wink:
In order to receive,you have to believe that you have received. (The Secret)

User avatar
autumn-reverie
Regular
Regular
Posts: 143
Joined: Tue, 17 Apr 2007

Postby autumn-reverie » Mon, 11 Jun 2007 2:03 am

taurus19 wrote:hi autumn-reverie, sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi

thanks for your info..

hi autumn-reverie
are you in wif any airline now?

hi sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi
you are e steward wif SQ?


Hi Taurus19!
you're welcome :)
I'm not a cabin crew, only joining SIA as a trainee soon. if you need more info, can ask the more senior forumers here. Cheers! :D

User avatar
taurus19
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 186
Joined: Fri, 18 Aug 2006

Postby taurus19 » Mon, 11 Jun 2007 2:36 pm

DeeeNah wrote:Heard emirates because it is not subjected to tax. But you would need to be based in Dubai. :)


thanks DeeeNah
for your help too
See the world from a different vantage point

User avatar
Alley Cat
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon, 23 Apr 2007

Postby Alley Cat » Mon, 11 Jun 2007 9:35 pm

butterfliesweet wrote:
Alley Cat wrote:
butterfliesweet wrote:
but was jus curious if there were those more "kiasu" ones. haha.

im intending to, but probably at the end of the year.. not graduating until next yr may/june. u went for the recent interview? all the best to u too =)


Haha Kiasu ones? hmmm... Din see any, but i cant speak for all.

I went for the interviews in April.. =) It was so much fun! It gets boring waiting in queue, but i made so many friends! Its quite an experience!

Till den, gd luck!

joyfulpapaya
Regular
Regular
Posts: 72
Joined: Thu, 26 Apr 2007

Postby joyfulpapaya » Mon, 11 Jun 2007 9:48 pm

nil
Last edited by joyfulpapaya on Mon, 11 Jun 2007 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 314
Joined: Fri, 07 Apr 2006
Location: 2012

Postby sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi » Mon, 11 Jun 2007 10:05 pm

joyfulpapaya wrote:
sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi wrote:
joyfulpapaya wrote:hey sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi,

wow! thanks for your reply! complete with pictures some more. thanks for the effort yar :)

by "personal baggage", u mean the ones that you check in right?

me wun wan to buy a LV bag...dun have any "crave" for the designer bags.. though i know there are many who carry their LV and stuff.. will already be very happy with a simple one. but appreciate the info yar! :D

oh yar, got recommended size? 25 inches good enough?


Yup good enough..The LV pgase is already 24 inches in Length..So,go for a appropriate size..Yes the ones that you check in are called excess baggage,the ones where you carry your personal stuff..Go for a luggage which you think would be sufficient enough to carry the load for that period of time which you will be spending overseas..

Btw,nice picture of the papaya..Very unique and illustrative.. :wink:


hey haha thanks! instead of yaya papaya... it's a joyfulpapaya... a name for playing neopets years ago!!

the ones for carrying personal stuff - are you referring to the ones that we always see them pulling around? i.e. the one with the "kinda printer trolley" (sorry dunno how to describe). these are the one you bring onto the aircraft?

notied that there are some suitcases that are cabin size... so most ppl bring these kinds so tt they dun need to check in?

sorrie ar so many qns.


Ummm I have PMed you,but you hadn't replied to me yet..I have to type out a lot and I'll do it by PMing you..I don't want to flood the thread.Sorry. :)

You mean the VISA trolley where we put our luggage in?Yes there is one luggage where we carry our clothes and stuff and the other luggage which will be checked in is called excess baggage..Yes if you are bringing extra stuff during your flight and you are bringing two luggages,you need to check in the 2nd luggage..
In order to receive,you have to believe that you have received. (The Secret)

jenn
Member
Member
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun, 18 Jun 2006

Re: Singapore Airlines

Postby jenn » Mon, 11 Jun 2007 10:14 pm

sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi wrote:Is it true that In the future SQ will not be recruiting males anymore?I am still schooling and I aspire to be a steward someone please tell me...I am only 14 please be nice......=) I really appreciate it....


are u really 14, 15yrs old?

just curious.....

User avatar
sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 314
Joined: Fri, 07 Apr 2006
Location: 2012

Re: Singapore Airlines

Postby sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi » Mon, 11 Jun 2007 10:17 pm

jenn wrote:
sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi wrote:Is it true that In the future SQ will not be recruiting males anymore?I am still schooling and I aspire to be a steward someone please tell me...I am only 14 please be nice......=) I really appreciate it....


are u really 14, 15yrs old?

just curious.....



Nope haha..I just made that up to find out from other ex FA's in SQ..Just an advice given by my senior..
In order to receive,you have to believe that you have received. (The Secret)

User avatar
sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 314
Joined: Fri, 07 Apr 2006
Location: 2012

Postby sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi » Mon, 11 Jun 2007 10:37 pm

Hey joyfulpapaya,


are you referring to this type of trolley?

Image

We usually have maximum 2 luggages with us if we stay for the longest period of time overseas which is 4-5days..And as I said,if you have extra luggages,you have to check it in because it will be considered as extra/excess baggage..
In order to receive,you have to believe that you have received. (The Secret)

Plavt
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 4289
Joined: Wed, 18 May 2005
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Singapore Airlines

Postby Plavt » Mon, 11 Jun 2007 10:40 pm

sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi wrote:
Nope haha..I just made that up to find out from other ex FA's in SQ..Just an advice given by my senior..



:^o


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests