Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Chatter
Chatter

Post by 12345 » Tue, 05 Jun 2007 1:37 am

sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi wrote:
12345 wrote:
bLiSs-LiCioUs wrote:i didnt get thru' the first rd... it seems soooo strict.... demoralising for the first try man... :(
How was the passing rate like for ur grp?

But anyways, DO NOT GIVE UP!!! :)
She told me that her passing rate was 3 out of 10..The ones who got selected were like 26 year old and one wore a pajama like dress and she got in too.. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Anyway what are you doing up so early?? :roll: :roll: :roll:
Hahahaha!!! Well, i shud say i was about to go to bed. Just finished revising for my exam this coming thurs. SOoooooo much to study!!! :shock:

Wat were u doing so early in the morning??? Morning flight? :lol:

bLiSs-LiCioUs
Chatter
Chatter

Post by bLiSs-LiCioUs » Tue, 05 Jun 2007 11:17 am

i shall not give up!!! :D

nana07
Regular
Regular

Post by nana07 » Tue, 05 Jun 2007 11:46 am

bLiSs-LiCioUs wrote:i shall not give up!!! :D
yes girl. jia you! lol

joyfulpapaya
Regular
Regular

Post by joyfulpapaya » Tue, 05 Jun 2007 1:19 pm

sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi wrote:
autumn-reverie wrote:Hi,
i'm really grateful to everyone for taking time out to give me advice and encouragement. Thank you especially Salvana, sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi, Joyfulpapaya and once again, DeeNah and Plavt. :)

i've tried to seek advice from many people to ensure i'm not making a rash decision.

If i follow my mind, I know the sensible thing to do is to get my degree first before applying again. It seems the odds are against me if i enter SIA now. I'm not afraid of hardship but being only 18, i'm afraid i'll not be worldly-wise enough and unwittingly offend people. I guess we all know that in this line stepping on the wrong toes is akin to career suicide.

Yet if i follow my heart, i know i should go for SIA first. I grow up in a single-parent family and our financial situation isn't too good at the moment. I know my dad wants to support me in my uni education but with his mounting debts, i really don't want to burden him further. If i work with SIA, not only will i be able to save up for my further education, i'll also be able to help my dad financially. This is one major pushing factor for me.

I've just received the Deed of Covenant from SIA. Seeing everything in black and white, it dawned upon me that once i sign on the dotted lines there will be no turning back. But i guess this time around, I should be following my heart..

PS: Thank you again everyone who cared for me. I'll keep your advice and i promise i'll get my degree eventually.

:kiss:
Looking back,I think only you will know what's best for you yeah?I'm so happy for you..We all here in SE care for you and we will support you all the way..Love you babe!!All the best!Be the best trainee yeah!!Hehehe..

:kiss:
yar autumn-reverie, can understand what you must be thinking now. ok add oil ok! yar, be the best that u can be..if i'm ur dad i'll be so proud of u...and love u to bits!!

JadeiteJade
Chatter
Chatter

Post by JadeiteJade » Tue, 05 Jun 2007 1:25 pm

hi ppl....juz want to share how I feel...and to share my experience...

a little background (although i have posted somewhere before)...I applied to SQ interview before in 2004...and I managed to pass all the rounds except the speech test..( I guess I was too nervous)...

and I went for the walk in on 3rd June and did not even make it through the first round..(so what if I have customer service and knowledge of a 3rd language)..haiz...i guess it really depends on luck..

what Im disappointed is that.the interviewers are so young....it seems to me that they are not looking out for potential FA but rather someone they like..

seems that its really getting harder to get into SQ because a lot of ppl are applying and SQ can afford to be choosy..

I've read about some of the height problems that some of you've experience..I believe if its 3 yrs ago..they would have let you passed..

so basically...i feel SQ are getting very choosy..because they know that there will always be ppl who are going to apply..

I am getting a bit disappointed because I believe I have what it takes to be a FA (i hope I don't sound proud),why I said this is because the reason why I managed to pass through so many rounds (in 2004) is because they have seen the potential and qualities in me.

And yet I couldnt make it on sun just because the interviewers on that day doesnt like my look?(could be due to other reasons I know)..

haiz...sorry for the long post and the ranting...just want to let off some steam...

:? :( :( :( :(

cantswim
Regular
Regular

Post by cantswim » Tue, 05 Jun 2007 1:31 pm

obviously fr my nick u know i cant swim.. very nervous bout dat.. really only doing backstroke wif life vest?

juz got mail fr SIA 4 dis Sun's intview in KL. any1 going?

another question on hairstyle is, is it ok 2 hv fringe? some1 told me it's childish.. :???:

sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi » Tue, 05 Jun 2007 1:43 pm

cantswim wrote:obviously fr my nick u know i cant swim.. very nervous bout dat.. really only doing backstroke wif life vest?

another question on hairstyle is, is it ok 2 hv fringe? some1 told me it's childish.. :???:
Yes during the WCT,you will be required to jump down from a mock plane of about 1 storey into a 3m deep pool,WEARING a lifevest..After doing so,you are required to swim backstroke about 50 m..And that's it!!If you don't know how to do a backstroke I will explain..Once you are afloat in the water,lie on your back and start to kick..Soon,if you are not careful enough,your head will bang into the wall,if not then it's otherwise..So good luck..If not you might try to practice on your own while there's time..

Now,moving on to the hairstyle,are you a man or woman?If you are a man,long fringe will not be accepted because once you're a steward,your hairstyle must be styled in a way where your forehead can be seen,but I have seen some stewards covering half their forehead..But most stewards have this sorta hairstyle..So in this case your gel or hair based products would come in handy...

If you are a woman,long fringe will not impose such a problem because you will have to bun up your hair like all the sq girls does..

Toodles :P
In order to receive,you have to believe that you have received. (The Secret)

cantswim
Regular
Regular

Post by cantswim » Tue, 05 Jun 2007 1:49 pm

sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi wrote:
cantswim wrote:obviously fr my nick u know i cant swim.. very nervous bout dat.. really only doing backstroke wif life vest?

Yes during the WCT,you will be required to jump down from a mock plane of about 1 storey into a 3m deep pool,WEARING a lifevest..After doing so,you are required to swim backstroke about 50 m..And that's it!!If you don't know how to do a backstroke I will explain..Once you are afloat in the water,lie on your back and start to kick..Soon,if you are not careful enough,your head will bang into the wall,if not then it's otherwise..So good luck..If not you might try to practice on your own while there's time..

Now,moving on to the hairstyle,are you a man or woman?If you are a man,long fringe will not be accepted because once you're a steward,your hairstyle must be styled in a way where your forehead can be seen,but I have seen some stewards covering half their forehead..But most stewards have this sorta hairstyle..So in this case your gel or hair based products would come in handy...

If you are a woman,long fringe will not impose such a problem because you will have to bun up your hair like all the sq girls does..

thanx 4 ur info, will practice on de backstroke..
im a girl, i mean i hv short fringe till my eyebrow only, dat i cant pull it 2gether 2 make a bun. is it ok?

sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi » Tue, 05 Jun 2007 1:51 pm

cantswim wrote:
sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi wrote:

thanx 4 ur info, will practice on de backstroke..
im a girl, i mean i hv short fringe till my eyebrow only, dat i cant pull it 2gether 2 make a bun. is it ok?
Yup,it is oki doki..Ehehe..As long as it is acceptable..Go and have a look at some of the other FSS's hairstyles and try to see which one fits you..If you wanna know where to get them you can PM me.. :cry: :wink:

cantswim
Regular
Regular

Post by cantswim » Tue, 05 Jun 2007 1:54 pm

hehe.. actually i hv long fringe now, but going 2 trim it on thursday, coz my face is 2 loooong wif long fringe.. :wink:

thx 4 ur express reply shazni..
r u a crew now?

cantswim
Regular
Regular

Post by cantswim » Tue, 05 Jun 2007 1:57 pm

sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi wrote: Yup,it is oki doki..Ehehe..As long as it is acceptable..Go and have a look at some of the other FSS's hairstyles and try to see which one fits you..If you wanna know where to get them you can PM me.. :cry: :wink:
i read fr dis forum dat i can only pm when i hv 5 posts..

sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi » Tue, 05 Jun 2007 2:13 pm

cantswim wrote:
sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi wrote: Yup,it is oki doki..Ehehe..As long as it is acceptable..Go and have a look at some of the other FSS's hairstyles and try to see which one fits you..If you wanna know where to get them you can PM me.. :cry: :wink:
i read fr dis forum dat i can only pm when i hv 5 posts..
Hey cantswim..Did you receive my PM's??I sent you 2 of them..Anyway if you reply to this you can already PM me..Ahahaha.Have I said something wrong?? :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: Sorryyyyyyyyy.. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

littleprincess

Post by littleprincess » Tue, 05 Jun 2007 2:25 pm

JadeiteJade wrote:hi ppl....juz want to share how I feel...and to share my experience...

a little background (although i have posted somewhere before)...I applied to SQ interview before in 2004...and I managed to pass all the rounds except the speech test..( I guess I was too nervous)...

and I went for the walk in on 3rd June and did not even make it through the first round..(so what if I have customer service and knowledge of a 3rd language)..haiz...i guess it really depends on luck..

what Im disappointed is that.the interviewers are so young....it seems to me that they are not looking out for potential FA but rather someone they like..

seems that its really getting harder to get into SQ because a lot of ppl are applying and SQ can afford to be choosy..

I've read about some of the height problems that some of you've experience..I believe if its 3 yrs ago..they would have let you passed..

so basically...i feel SQ are getting very choosy..because they know that there will always be ppl who are going to apply..

I am getting a bit disappointed because I believe I have what it takes to be a FA (i hope I don't sound proud),why I said this is because the reason why I managed to pass through so many rounds (in 2004) is because they have seen the potential and qualities in me.

And yet I couldnt make it on sun just because the interviewers on that day doesnt like my look?(could be due to other reasons I know)..

haiz...sorry for the long post and the ranting...just want to let off some steam...

:? :( :( :( :(

Hi Jade,

Dont give up... I have tried a few times too... every time it's a diff experience and entry level... Not giving up too... In fact, I am determine to know what and which area went wrong for me... It motivates me further :)

Jia You!!!

love`Qoo
Chatter
Chatter

Post by love`Qoo » Tue, 05 Jun 2007 2:26 pm

does it really matter that i only having an O cert? cos both gals in grp got into the 2nd round r holding a degree.. *yawnz* seems like a beauty peagent..

sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi » Tue, 05 Jun 2007 2:29 pm

love`Qoo wrote:does it really matter that i only having an O cert? cos both gals in grp got into the 2nd round r holding a degree.. *yawnz* seems like a beauty peagent..
No..But it could be a disadvantage...