Singapore Expats Forum

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
User avatar
abnegation
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 247
Joined: Wed, 21 Feb 2007
Location: Singapore

Re: Enquries... Pls help...

Postby abnegation » Mon, 21 May 2007 10:58 am

jencrs wrote:
M wrote:Looks have never been an issue for SIA.
Oh I don't know about that. I'm sure you'd agree that the SIA average is somewhat higher than say the national average in the looks department. But you're quite right in saying that the overall package is important.


jencrs, I would have to agree with M. To be honest with your statement on "SIA average is somewhat higher than say the national average in the looks department". I don't really agree. There are stewardesses who are below average in the looks department.
★ abnegation; self denial

User avatar
abnegation
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 247
Joined: Wed, 21 Feb 2007
Location: Singapore

Postby abnegation » Mon, 21 May 2007 11:01 am

nosecraze wrote:Hi, just wanna seek advice from you guys. i read that the min education requirements for SIA is 5 o lvl credits. if i only have 3, an a D7 in maths.
Even though i do not meet the requirements but i possess a rather strong work portfolio(modeling), am i still eligible?


Hmmm. Might be a lil hard but you could try.
★ abnegation; self denial

jencrs
Regular
Regular
Posts: 119
Joined: Mon, 27 Feb 2006

Re: Enquries... Pls help...

Postby jencrs » Mon, 21 May 2007 11:54 am

abnegation wrote:There are stewardesses who are below average in the looks department.
Of course there are. However, I'm not saying they are ALL above average, but that the SIA average is higher than the national average.

You have no idea how excited how guys get when they know they'll get to spend some time over at STC during the morning break or lunchtime hahaha. We don't get as excited going to any hawker centre to makan. Why do you think that is? Even our Australian instructors look forward to spending some time in the STC canteen. Superficial, I know. But then, men are visual creatures.

Still, eye of the beholder, meat/poison and all that.

swist
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed, 12 Oct 2005
Location: singapore

Hi everyone

Postby swist » Mon, 21 May 2007 12:04 pm

Hey girls... I can't seem to PM anyone. I guess I need to talk more in this forum!

Anyway, xu5w & aezl, thanks for your replies. Lets go for the interview together.

xu5w, Please advise when and where to meet.

Hope this time round they won't ask me when I'm finishing school... haha.. SIA interviews are fun. cause you get to see all sorts of people.
From the really gorgeous ones... to the average ones and even older ones.

But i guess they really look at the overall package a person offers! :)

User avatar
abnegation
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 247
Joined: Wed, 21 Feb 2007
Location: Singapore

Re: Enquries... Pls help...

Postby abnegation » Mon, 21 May 2007 3:13 pm

jencrs wrote:Of course there are. However, I'm not saying they are ALL above average, but that the SIA average is higher than the national average.

You have no idea how excited how guys get when they know they'll get to spend some time over at STC during the morning break or lunchtime hahaha. We don't get as excited going to any hawker centre to makan. Why do you think that is? Even our Australian instructors look forward to spending some time in the STC canteen. Superficial, I know. But then, men are visual creatures.

Still, eye of the beholder, meat/poison and all that.


True. But a girl's standards may be higher than men maybe that's why.

And yes, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. :)
★ abnegation; self denial

User avatar
bLiSs-LiCioUs
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 194
Joined: Mon, 21 May 2007
Location: SiNgApOrE

Postby bLiSs-LiCioUs » Mon, 21 May 2007 5:01 pm

hi there!!! i'm new in this forum... read quite a lot on the thread...

anyway i'll be going for the walk-in interview this 3rd june with my gf... it gotta be my first attempt for all these years... i'm 24.... actually missed like two times interview when they called me up like two years ago due to lack of confident...

lastly my bmi is 22.1... heard that the height measuring scale will take about one to two cm off me... doesn't that makes my bmi worse? :???:

ntyj
Regular
Regular
Posts: 143
Joined: Thu, 27 Jul 2006

Re: Enquries... Pls help...

Postby ntyj » Mon, 21 May 2007 5:10 pm

abnegation wrote:
jencrs wrote:Of course there are. However, I'm not saying they are ALL above average, but that the SIA average is higher than the national average.

You have no idea how excited how guys get when they know they'll get to spend some time over at STC during the morning break or lunchtime hahaha. We don't get as excited going to any hawker centre to makan. Why do you think that is? Even our Australian instructors look forward to spending some time in the STC canteen. Superficial, I know. But then, men are visual creatures.

Still, eye of the beholder, meat/poison and all that.


True. But a girl's standards may be higher than men maybe that's why.

And yes, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. :)


like someone mentioned...
its the whole package..
some looks not as gd but character excellent?
some looks damn gd..but when it comes to interaction so so ..

when u come onboard....ul still see many above avg ones....and generally figure wise not bad either..jus a min percentage which ul wonder why...

n i guess its the culture up there bah....naturally everyone will take care of the way they look and gradually look like a typical SIA girl...

so hws interview for those who went today?

babyger
Member
Member
Posts: 49
Joined: Fri, 13 Apr 2007

Postby babyger » Mon, 21 May 2007 6:25 pm

hiye, may i know who have gone for recruitment interview straight after being eliminated frm mgmt interview even before waiting for 6mths ?? anyone tried ??

User avatar
bLiSs-LiCioUs
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 194
Joined: Mon, 21 May 2007
Location: SiNgApOrE

Postby bLiSs-LiCioUs » Mon, 21 May 2007 11:16 pm

bLiSs-LiCioUs wrote:hi there!!! i'm new in this forum... read quite a lot on the thread...

anyway i'll be going for the walk-in interview this 3rd june with my gf... it gotta be my first attempt for all these years... i'm 24.... actually missed like two times interview when they called me up like two years ago due to lack of confident...

lastly my bmi is 22.1... heard that the height measuring scale will take about one to two cm off me... doesn't that makes my bmi worse? :???:


can someone tell me if the measuring scale will make my weight increase by one or two kg too?? :D

User avatar
abnegation
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 247
Joined: Wed, 21 Feb 2007
Location: Singapore

Postby abnegation » Mon, 21 May 2007 11:22 pm

bLiSs-LiCioUs wrote:
bLiSs-LiCioUs wrote:hi there!!! i'm new in this forum... read quite a lot on the thread...

anyway i'll be going for the walk-in interview this 3rd june with my gf... it gotta be my first attempt for all these years... i'm 24.... actually missed like two times interview when they called me up like two years ago due to lack of confident...

lastly my bmi is 22.1... heard that the height measuring scale will take about one to two cm off me... doesn't that makes my bmi worse? :???:


can someone tell me if the measuring scale will make my weight increase by one or two kg too?? :D


My dear. 1 or 2 CM/KG is not gg to make alot of difference. So relax, and just be confident. :)
★ abnegation; self denial

User avatar
bLiSs-LiCioUs
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 194
Joined: Mon, 21 May 2007
Location: SiNgApOrE

Postby bLiSs-LiCioUs » Mon, 21 May 2007 11:48 pm

abnegation, thanks thanks... but just worry when my bmi goes over 22... anyway really really wish to get through for the interview... :wink:

oohlala
Regular
Regular
Posts: 76
Joined: Tue, 22 May 2007

minimum age for SIA cabin crew

Postby oohlala » Tue, 22 May 2007 2:48 pm

Hi all,

may i noe wat is the minimum age to apply for SIA cabin crew?

20? 18? 17?

thanks.

User avatar
bLiSs-LiCioUs
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 194
Joined: Mon, 21 May 2007
Location: SiNgApOrE

Postby bLiSs-LiCioUs » Tue, 22 May 2007 5:49 pm

my hair is colored.... brown and got highlights as well... does that affect the chance of being selected at all? i do understand that sq girls need to have black hair...

aezl
Member
Member
Posts: 24
Joined: Wed, 02 May 2007

Re: minimum age for SIA cabin crew

Postby aezl » Tue, 22 May 2007 10:06 pm

oohlala wrote:Hi all,

may i noe wat is the minimum age to apply for SIA cabin crew?

20? 18? 17?

thanks.


20 =)

mayfair
Member
Member
Posts: 34
Joined: Thu, 19 Oct 2006

Postby mayfair » Tue, 22 May 2007 10:10 pm

More likely 18...
there were some examples in this forum.


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests