Singapore Expats Forum

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
serray
Member
Member
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu, 03 May 2007

Postby serray » Thu, 03 May 2007 10:28 pm

hi.. i'm really curious if any not so good looking girls went for the interview. .... and got in.

i want to go for the interview, but i don't think i look good enough to be a FA. argh~ so sad.

Monique
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed, 02 May 2007

Postby Monique » Thu, 03 May 2007 10:55 pm

serray wrote:hi.. i'm really curious if any not so good looking girls went for the interview. .... and got in.

i want to go for the interview, but i don't think i look good enough to be a FA. argh~ so sad.


hi...i think you should go and try..my friends told me that sometimes it's also depend on your luck and also your personality..my friend saw some pretty girls being eliminated during the first round but some not so good looking girls manage to stay..

User avatar
abnegation
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 247
Joined: Wed, 21 Feb 2007
Location: Singapore

Postby abnegation » Thu, 03 May 2007 10:58 pm

buzzzybeebee wrote:
xiangzhou_1984 wrote:It is signed after the results of the medical check up and before training. You will receive the contract in the mail.


Oh ic... then is the medical check-up straight after the mgmt interview on the same day? Or issit scheduled on another day to come back for the medical check-up?


You can do the medical check up when you want to. Either on the day itself or another day if you're busy. There will be a list of doctors you can go to I presume.
★ abnegation; self denial

serray
Member
Member
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu, 03 May 2007

Postby serray » Thu, 03 May 2007 11:59 pm

thnx monique. shall go try for the next int. :D :wink:

User avatar
thinkerbelle
Regular
Regular
Posts: 86
Joined: Sun, 25 Feb 2007

Postby thinkerbelle » Fri, 04 May 2007 3:45 am

UrsulaJoan, how abt u? are u one of the hopeful souls as well..like me~ or already in? :)

Abnegation...my gosh. we're same height and u are just 40kg? :mad:
hehe anyway...my WCT is in a few hrs time! 8-[

buzzzybeebee
Regular
Regular
Posts: 55
Joined: Wed, 25 Apr 2007

Postby buzzzybeebee » Fri, 04 May 2007 6:47 am

abnegation wrote:
buzzzybeebee wrote:
xiangzhou_1984 wrote:It is signed after the results of the medical check up and before training. You will receive the contract in the mail.


Oh ic... then is the medical check-up straight after the mgmt interview on the same day? Or issit scheduled on another day to come back for the medical check-up?


You can do the medical check up when you want to. Either on the day itself or another day if you're busy. There will be a list of doctors you can go to I presume.


Thank you so much abnegation for providing the info!! You're my ANGEL!! :D

User avatar
UrsulaJoan
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed, 25 Apr 2007

Postby UrsulaJoan » Fri, 04 May 2007 10:20 am

thinkerbelle wrote:UrsulaJoan, how abt u? are u one of the hopeful souls as well..like me~ or already in? :)

Abnegation...my gosh. we're same height and u are just 40kg? :mad:
hehe anyway...my WCT is in a few hrs time! 8-[


Hello tinkerbelle!

No man... I am one of the hopefuls souls lor... Not in YET. I hope. :P

I have been to one of the SIA interviews few years ago, but didn't even manage to get pass the first round cos I was totally clueless and not to mention nervous like hell. I didn't even smile! Haha.

After sometime, I did also try for the Emirates Inv, almost passed the first round (cos trust me I was grinning at the interview like there was no tomorrow) but did not make it through cos I couldn't reach the mark for height requirement. Bleh.

Very demoralised to try out again. Haha. Anyways, I understand that you are probably taking your WCT as I write. GOOD LUCK to you! (Even though it might be too late for you to read this. Haha.)

Tell me all abt the WCT when you have completed it! Lots of luck to you once again! :D

vic_kie
Member
Member
Posts: 26
Joined: Wed, 02 May 2007

Re: birthmarks..

Postby vic_kie » Fri, 04 May 2007 12:13 pm

vic_kie wrote:Hi..
I'm actually new in here. Was wondering if anyone could help me with this, I have alot of moles on my face and a birthmark on my right cheek as well. Will they even consider me? :-|


:oops: can someone please advice me on this? what can i do? my forearms also have scars from chicken pox..... :cry:

User avatar
abnegation
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 247
Joined: Wed, 21 Feb 2007
Location: Singapore

Re: birthmarks..

Postby abnegation » Fri, 04 May 2007 2:02 pm

vic_kie wrote:
vic_kie wrote:Hi..
I'm actually new in here. Was wondering if anyone could help me with this, I have alot of moles on my face and a birthmark on my right cheek as well. Will they even consider me? :-|


:oops: can someone please advice me on this? what can i do? my forearms also have scars from chicken pox..... :cry:


It depends on how severe the scars are and how obvious your birthmark is. Don't worry, I have a birthmark near my left ear on my face too but it isn't that obvious so I passed both skin checks.
★ abnegation; self denial

User avatar
abnegation
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 247
Joined: Wed, 21 Feb 2007
Location: Singapore

Postby abnegation » Fri, 04 May 2007 2:03 pm

thinkerbelle wrote:Abnegation...my gosh. we're same height and u are just 40kg? :mad:
hehe anyway...my WCT is in a few hrs time! 8-[


:lol: Yeah, I'm too skinny for my own good la. Been eating like a cow so I can put on maybe 1-2kg. :)

You should be done with WCT by now. Update us yeah? :D
★ abnegation; self denial

User avatar
abnegation
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 247
Joined: Wed, 21 Feb 2007
Location: Singapore

Postby abnegation » Fri, 04 May 2007 2:36 pm

buzzzybeebee wrote:Thank you so much abnegation for providing the info!! You're my ANGEL!! :D


The others on the forum have provided me with plenty of info too. :D
★ abnegation; self denial

vic_kie
Member
Member
Posts: 26
Joined: Wed, 02 May 2007

Re: birthmarks..

Postby vic_kie » Fri, 04 May 2007 3:22 pm

abnegation wrote:
vic_kie wrote:
vic_kie wrote:Hi..
I'm actually new in here. Was wondering if anyone could help me with this, I have alot of moles on my face and a birthmark on my right cheek as well. Will they even consider me? :-|


:oops: can someone please advice me on this? what can i do? my forearms also have scars from chicken pox..... :cry:


It depends on how severe the scars are and how obvious your birthmark is. Don't worry, I have a birthmark near my left ear on my face too but it isn't that obvious so I passed both skin checks.


Thank you so much. :D my birthmark is quite big..hope i can cover it up.. oh gosh..i'm getting worried..it's right smack at the centre of my cheek~

User avatar
abnegation
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 247
Joined: Wed, 21 Feb 2007
Location: Singapore

Re: birthmarks..

Postby abnegation » Fri, 04 May 2007 3:30 pm

vic_kie wrote:Thank you so much. :D my birthmark is quite big..hope i can cover it up.. oh gosh..i'm getting worried..it's right smack at the centre of my cheek~


:D You're welcomed. Try not to worry so much bout it. Sometimes the more you try to hide something, the more it shows. :)
★ abnegation; self denial

CelT
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 177
Joined: Wed, 02 May 2007

Postby CelT » Fri, 04 May 2007 3:35 pm

Is age a big concern to SIA? I have friends who are 26 this year, but look young ( say 22 ). Will they reject you because you are older than the other candidates ?

what do they look out during skin test in water confidence test ?

Thanks people!
.CEL.

User avatar
abnegation
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 247
Joined: Wed, 21 Feb 2007
Location: Singapore

Postby abnegation » Fri, 04 May 2007 3:47 pm

CelT wrote:Is age a big concern to SIA? I have friends who are 26 this year, but look young ( say 22 ). Will they reject you because you are older than the other candidates ?

what do they look out during skin test in water confidence test ?

Thanks people!


I believe 26 is still fine. As long as you don't go pass 28 for girls I think (read it somewhere in the forum).

Eh, they don't tell us what they look out for but I believe the regular clear complexion and such.
★ abnegation; self denial


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests