Singapore Expats Forum

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
emalf
Regular
Regular
Posts: 69
Joined: Tue, 06 Mar 2007

Postby emalf » Sat, 07 Apr 2007 1:51 am

caryssa, I think that it is very tough to work and study part time too.

Whoa Apr 2008 is a looonnng way to go. I have no idea if the HR would wait one whole year.

Well you can go ahead and try. In the event that they ask you to come back at a later date, just take this recruitment as an experience. No loss right?

and if they are willing to wait for you, then that would be great news! :D

caryssa
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 289
Joined: Fri, 06 Apr 2007

Postby caryssa » Sat, 07 Apr 2007 11:02 am

thanx emalf..but i dun think they wil wait for a whole year..mayb thn i wil only go for the dec recruitment..coz at least i only hav 2 giv thm 4 months verification..seems tht i stil hav 2 wait for another 8 months..haha..but as u said,it is a good experience though..so,we'll c wht wil happen.. :wink:

12345
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 228
Joined: Sun, 04 Mar 2007

Postby 12345 » Sun, 08 Apr 2007 1:28 am

caryssa wrote:i think one n a half year ago i went for the SQ interview in KL.(im from malaysia).i get through all those rounds..but whn it came for the final interview,thr r only 40 gals.n they oly selected 16 gals.n only 5 gals fr Singapore.but i didn't get through th efinal interview.n guess wht?it is worst last year.bcoz i went for SQ interview again in Penang.but i cant even get through the 1st round!i went fo rthe final nt long ago..n thn i cnt even get through the 1st round..so,juz wana say tht each time, it wil b different..bcoz the interviewer is not the same person.any1 who had the same experience as i am?


Hi Caryssa!

How long was it after ur final interview u went for the second try in penang?

caryssa
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 289
Joined: Fri, 06 Apr 2007

Postby caryssa » Sun, 08 Apr 2007 1:41 am

Well,cnt remember tht well d..but i think mayb after 5 months o more..y?

12345
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 228
Joined: Sun, 04 Mar 2007

Postby 12345 » Sun, 08 Apr 2007 2:02 am

caryssa wrote:Well,cnt remember tht well d..but i think mayb after 5 months o more..y?


Oh, coz SIA imposes a 6 months ban on unsuccessful applicants at the final interview to re-apply. So was just wondering could it be due to the 6 months thingy, that's why they didnt let u thru the second time...

caryssa
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 289
Joined: Fri, 06 Apr 2007

Postby caryssa » Sun, 08 Apr 2007 11:17 am

oic..thn i guess mayb i wil only go for the dec interview..cz only hav 2 giv 4 months notification..is it too long? :shock: thn wht if the candidate failed at the 1st round of interview..can she/he went for the interview even though not yet reach 6 months?by the way,r u ord in the line? :D juz curious abt it..

lynn-89
Regular
Regular
Posts: 55
Joined: Mon, 26 Mar 2007
Location: sg

Postby lynn-89 » Sun, 08 Apr 2007 12:09 pm

caryssa wrote:thn wht if the candidate failed at the 1st round of interview..can she/he went for the interview even though not yet reach 6 months?



Hi caryssa!

u can still go for the interview within the 6mth if u failed the first round of interview.

u will only be banned for 6mths if u were to pass all rounds except the last round, which is the management interview :)
Dare to Dream

User avatar
M
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 857
Joined: Tue, 13 Sep 2005
Location: Singapore

Postby M » Sun, 08 Apr 2007 12:23 pm

lynn-89 wrote:Hi caryssa!

u can still go for the interview within the 6mth if u failed the first round of interview.

u will only be banned for 6mths if u were to pass all rounds except the last round, which is the management interview :)


By right, that what we were told but by left, HR isn't capable of tracking. 8-)

lynn-89
Regular
Regular
Posts: 55
Joined: Mon, 26 Mar 2007
Location: sg

Postby lynn-89 » Sun, 08 Apr 2007 12:26 pm

M wrote:
lynn-89 wrote:Hi caryssa!

u can still go for the interview within the 6mth if u failed the first round of interview.

u will only be banned for 6mths if u were to pass all rounds except the last round, which is the management interview :)


By right, that what we were told but by left, HR isn't capable of tracking. 8-)


hahas :)
Dare to Dream

12345
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 228
Joined: Sun, 04 Mar 2007

Postby 12345 » Sun, 08 Apr 2007 12:33 pm

caryssa wrote:oic..thn i guess mayb i wil only go for the dec interview..cz only hav 2 giv 4 months notification..is it too long? :shock: thn wht if the candidate failed at the 1st round of interview..can she/he went for the interview even though not yet reach 6 months?by the way,r u ord in the line? :D juz curious abt it..


Yup, exactly wat lynn-89 said...they'll only ban u if u fail the management round. Other than that, u're free to try again. :)

Nope, i'm not in this line yet. I got booted out during management too :(

caryssa
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 289
Joined: Fri, 06 Apr 2007

Postby caryssa » Sun, 08 Apr 2007 12:41 pm

haha..im wondering y they put the 6 months duration..haha..anyway,thnx guys..for clearing up my thoughts.. :D so 12345, r u going 2 try again thi scoming recruitment on 21 & 22?

12345
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 228
Joined: Sun, 04 Mar 2007

Postby 12345 » Sun, 08 Apr 2007 1:05 pm

caryssa wrote:haha..im wondering y they put the 6 months duration..haha..anyway,thnx guys..for clearing up my thoughts.. :D so 12345, r u going 2 try again thi scoming recruitment on 21 & 22?


Nah, i can't coz my final interview was in march. So the earliest try i could go would be in september. U're going rite? All the best ya! :) Oh, u're currently residing in M'sia or Singapore actually?

caryssa
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 289
Joined: Fri, 06 Apr 2007

Postby caryssa » Sun, 08 Apr 2007 1:26 pm

Im not going for the 21&22 recruitment..cz im residing in penang,malaysia... :) currently stil studying..complete my studies on apr next year..so,i think if i wana go,mayb wil only go for the dec interview..whts the reason they gav u for nt being successful in the final?by the way,how old r u?if u mind 2 say it here,juz pm me ya :P

User avatar
Angeluv101
Regular
Regular
Posts: 67
Joined: Wed, 07 Mar 2007
Location: Singapore

Postby Angeluv101 » Sun, 08 Apr 2007 10:40 pm

just wondering.. is there any maximum age cap for sia stewardess?
<a><img></a>


Love is a risk taken and often ends in scars

User avatar
M
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 857
Joined: Tue, 13 Sep 2005
Location: Singapore

Postby M » Sun, 08 Apr 2007 10:49 pm

Angeluv101 wrote:just wondering.. is there any maximum age cap for sia stewardess?


There is but not convenient to reveal. But as long as you look radiant and young, you should be fine. :)


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests