Singapore Expats Forum

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
User avatar
GroundZiro
Member
Member
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue, 27 Feb 2007

Postby GroundZiro » Tue, 27 Feb 2007 9:44 pm

M wrote:
GroundZiro wrote:Hi all, I'm new here, I'm just wondering what is the chance to be kicked out in the water confident test??


Don't be afraid when you take the plunge. Show no sign of fear and if you do, your interview might end prematurely. :-({|=


Hey thanks a lot, the swimming test would be the 3rd round rite?

User avatar
M
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 857
Joined: Tue, 13 Sep 2005
Location: Singapore

Postby M » Tue, 27 Feb 2007 10:05 pm

GroundZiro wrote:
M wrote:
GroundZiro wrote:Hi all, I'm new here, I'm just wondering what is the chance to be kicked out in the water confident test??


Don't be afraid when you take the plunge. Show no sign of fear and if you do, your interview might end prematurely. :-({|=


Hey thanks a lot, the swimming test would be the 3rd round rite?


That would be after Kebaya or skin check. Not very certain about the ladies' proceedings. :oops:

User avatar
GroundZiro
Member
Member
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue, 27 Feb 2007

Postby GroundZiro » Tue, 27 Feb 2007 10:16 pm

M wrote:
GroundZiro wrote:
M wrote:
GroundZiro wrote:Hi all, I'm new here, I'm just wondering what is the chance to be kicked out in the water confident test??


Don't be afraid when you take the plunge. Show no sign of fear and if you do, your interview might end prematurely. :-({|=


Hey thanks a lot, the swimming test would be the 3rd round rite?


That would be after Kebaya or skin check. Not very certain about the ladies' proceedings. :oops:



For male?

User avatar
M
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 857
Joined: Tue, 13 Sep 2005
Location: Singapore

Postby M » Tue, 27 Feb 2007 11:25 pm

GroundZiro wrote:For male?


Day 1
1) 10 in a grp
2) 1 to 1 interview

Day 2
3) Height / Weight
4) Water confidence

Day 3
5) Final interview
6) Medical

User avatar
GroundZiro
Member
Member
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue, 27 Feb 2007

Postby GroundZiro » Tue, 27 Feb 2007 11:50 pm

M, thanks a lot.

cherigal
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed, 28 Feb 2007

Postby cherigal » Wed, 28 Feb 2007 12:42 am

hi all was just wondering if sweaty palms will be accepted for this job?

Intrinsic Dreamer

Postby Intrinsic Dreamer » Wed, 28 Feb 2007 12:06 pm

Hmm...........................


Thats an interesting question... :shock:


I really have no idea darling.


Just hope that the interviewers don't notice. They might not even need to touch your hands during the skin check.

voxvox
Member
Member
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue, 27 Dec 2005

Postby voxvox » Wed, 28 Feb 2007 4:51 pm

M wrote:
GroundZiro wrote:For male?


Day 1
1) 10 in a grp
2) 1 to 1 interview

Day 2
3) Height / Weight
4) Water confidence

Day 3
5) Final interview
6) Medical



I guess the sequence for the 1st few rounds may be different. But these are the stages that all will go through. Hope this helps. :D

Day 1 - Round 1: 10 interviewees in a room. Different questions posed so dont harp on any generic ones? Upon successful clearance, you will remain for round 2.

Day 1 - Round 2: 1-1 interview with an interviewer. Upon successful clearance, you will be rewarded with day 2 programs. They will ask you to bun up your hair if your hair is long. This is for the kebaya fitting.

Day 2 - Round 1 (this mayb in the 1st day as well): Kebaya fitting. Those who make it through the 1 to 1 interview will be asked to try the uniform. After that, one by one, the candidate will go into the well lit room with 3 interviewers with which one of them will be a beautician who will check for obvious scars. The candidate will be asked to walk to and forth the room. A tray will be handed to her and she is to stretch out her hands holding the tray.

After everyone has been through the stage, results will be announced. Those who did not make it through will be asked to leave. Those who did it, will stay for the 2nd and 3rd rounds. This is rather a “killer”

User avatar
GroundZiro
Member
Member
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue, 27 Feb 2007

Postby GroundZiro » Wed, 28 Feb 2007 5:38 pm

voxvox wrote:
M wrote:
GroundZiro wrote:For male?


Day 1
1) 10 in a grp
2) 1 to 1 interview

Day 2
3) Height / Weight
4) Water confidence

Day 3
5) Final interview
6) Medical



I guess the sequence for the 1st few rounds may be different. But these are the stages that all will go through. Hope this helps. :D

Day 1 - Round 1: 10 interviewees in a room. Different questions posed so dont harp on any generic ones? Upon successful clearance, you will remain for round 2.

Day 1 - Round 2: 1-1 interview with an interviewer. Upon successful clearance, you will be rewarded with day 2 programs. They will ask you to bun up your hair if your hair is long. This is for the kebaya fitting.

Day 2 - Round 1 (this mayb in the 1st day as well): Kebaya fitting. Those who make it through the 1 to 1 interview will be asked to try the uniform. After that, one by one, the candidate will go into the well lit room with 3 interviewers with which one of them will be a beautician who will check for obvious scars. The candidate will be asked to walk to and forth the room. A tray will be handed to her and she is to stretch out her hands holding the tray.

After everyone has been through the stage, results will be announced. Those who did not make it through will be asked to leave. Those who did it, will stay for the 2nd and 3rd rounds. This is rather a “killer”

User avatar
M
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 857
Joined: Tue, 13 Sep 2005
Location: Singapore

Postby M » Wed, 28 Feb 2007 6:35 pm

[quote="voxvox"]I guess the sequence for the 1st few rounds may be different. But these are the stages that all will go through. Hope this helps. :D

Day 1 - Round 1: 10 interviewees in a room. Different questions posed so dont harp on any generic ones? Upon successful clearance, you will remain for round 2.

Day 1 - Round 2: 1-1 interview with an interviewer. Upon successful clearance, you will be rewarded with day 2 programs. They will ask you to bun up your hair if your hair is long. This is for the kebaya fitting.

Day 2 - Round 1 (this mayb in the 1st day as well): Kebaya fitting. Those who make it through the 1 to 1 interview will be asked to try the uniform. After that, one by one, the candidate will go into the well lit room with 3 interviewers with which one of them will be a beautician who will check for obvious scars. The candidate will be asked to walk to and forth the room. A tray will be handed to her and she is to stretch out her hands holding the tray.

After everyone has been through the stage, results will be announced. Those who did not make it through will be asked to leave. Those who did it, will stay for the 2nd and 3rd rounds. This is rather a “killer”

ladybird_23
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon, 25 Dec 2006
Location: Singapore

Postby ladybird_23 » Wed, 28 Feb 2007 10:04 pm

There are no more Psychometric test and Tea party for the latest recruitments. [-o<


hi.. so r u able to describe wat's e current interviews like? tks :D [/quote]

givemeaclue
Member
Member
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue, 09 Jan 2007

Postby givemeaclue » Wed, 28 Feb 2007 10:10 pm

ladybird_23 wrote:
There are no more Psychometric test and Tea party for the latest recruitments. [-o<


hi.. so r u able to describe wat's e current interviews like? tks :D
[/quote]

Hi. A good friend of mine was axed in the final round - Management interview. This is what she said...

Day of walk-in interview:
1st round - 10 in a group. Talk on a given topic. 2 interviewers
2nd round - Kebaya
3rd round - 1-on-1 interview

Another day:
4th round - Water confidence test at the SIA training centre and skin check (there might be some other assessments being done at this point as well though I cannot remember what)

Yet another day:
5th round - Management Interview

Intrinsic Dreamer

Postby Intrinsic Dreamer » Wed, 28 Feb 2007 11:28 pm

Wow.


Both are rather informative... :D :D

M, are u sure there are no more tea parties?! Why would they wanna take it out?


And both ladies mentioned that we're supposed to talk on a topic? All of us the same topic or what? Would the topic be generic?

I thought they would ask questions & we'd intro then answer the questions.


So the topic's gonna be like "What do you think about .........?" instead of asking us questions like "Why do you want to......?"


Blur. :???:


But i guess, either ways, its not gonna be easy.

User avatar
M
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 857
Joined: Tue, 13 Sep 2005
Location: Singapore

Postby M » Thu, 01 Mar 2007 10:13 am

ladybird_23 wrote:hi.. so r u able to describe wat's e current interviews like? tks :D


lady, the current interview format is like what I've mentioned above but that's for the guys with additional skin checks and kebaya for the ladies. :girl:

User avatar
M
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 857
Joined: Tue, 13 Sep 2005
Location: Singapore

Postby M » Thu, 01 Mar 2007 10:18 am

Intrinsic Dreamer wrote:Wow.

Both are rather informative... :D :D

M, are u sure there are no more tea parties?! Why would they wanna take it out?

And both ladies mentioned that we're supposed to talk on a topic? All of us the same topic or what? Would the topic be generic?

I thought they would ask questions & we'd intro then answer the questions.

So the topic's gonna be like "What do you think about .........?" instead of asking us questions like "Why do you want to......?"

Blur. :???:

But i guess, either ways, its not gonna be easy.


I'm certain because I went through the selections myself. As for the generic questions, they can really ask anything under the sun. There is no specified question and therefore do not let this linger in your head for too long.

They can be asking what is your favourite television programme to tell us more about yourself. Prepare yourself but not with specified questions too intensively. \:D/


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests