Singapore Expats Forum

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
User avatar
taurus19
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 186
Joined: Fri, 18 Aug 2006

Postby taurus19 » Thu, 01 Feb 2007 5:17 pm

xmischax wrote:haha no! i have to start from year one again so i have 3 more years to go. i`m waiting to see if SP accepts me cos NAFA offered me a place already. i spent only a semester in nyp so.. haha. where are you taking your Os? british council? my friend took her As there..

so if you go sentosa, you might just see me. :lol:


not ah. i taking private tuition, that girl had just finish her A's exam now waiting for result.

i dun mind if i am goin ther sentose, i let u kw :P

Image
See the world from a different vantage point

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 896
Joined: Mon, 25 Dec 2006
Location: Singapore

Postby xmischax » Thu, 01 Feb 2007 6:05 pm

taurus19 wrote:
xmischax wrote:haha no! i have to start from year one again so i have 3 more years to go. i`m waiting to see if SP accepts me cos NAFA offered me a place already. i spent only a semester in nyp so.. haha. where are you taking your Os? british council? my friend took her As there..

so if you go sentosa, you might just see me. :lol:


not ah. i taking private tuition, that girl had just finish her A's exam now waiting for result.

i dun mind if i am goin ther sentose, i let u kw :P

Image



hahaha yeahh, i might be your tour guide on the tram or you might see me at the attractions. :lol: trying for the next recruitment?

User avatar
taurus19
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 186
Joined: Fri, 18 Aug 2006

Postby taurus19 » Thu, 01 Feb 2007 6:56 pm

xmischax
i dont think so. i need to finish my cos lst.
See the world from a different vantage point

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 896
Joined: Mon, 25 Dec 2006
Location: Singapore

Postby xmischax » Thu, 01 Feb 2007 7:53 pm

are you taking your Os in june or nov?

User avatar
taurus19
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 186
Joined: Fri, 18 Aug 2006

Postby taurus19 » Thu, 01 Feb 2007 11:15 pm

xmischax wrote:are you taking your Os in june or nov?


yeh" but i ll be taking only 3 O's & e other 2 will be nx yr 2008 (i believe i can break them into 2 years) , meanwhile i ll go back PSB and study dip.

studying O's is one of my target and for dip is to support me whereever i go when i hunt for job.

after this yr april i ll be working there, my wk plc, for 2years.. thinking of changing new enviroment or "mayb" stop working for a while and concerntrate both my exam.

i prefer u study poly mor secure.
See the world from a different vantage point

User avatar
taurus19
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 186
Joined: Fri, 18 Aug 2006

Postby taurus19 » Thu, 01 Feb 2007 11:21 pm

xmischax

june or nov.... should be both :lol:
See the world from a different vantage point

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 896
Joined: Mon, 25 Dec 2006
Location: Singapore

Postby xmischax » Fri, 02 Feb 2007 12:27 am

ohh cos june is the uk one and nov is the singapore one. the syllabus is slightly different.

study poly more secure? what do you mean? i would rather go to nafa cos it`s the course i wanna do, visual comm. but then i`ll have to go for entrance test on march 3rd and that decides if i get accepted or not. but in the meantime i`m applying to sp for aerospace too, cos that`s also what i wanted to do. lol i`m the sort of person who has got a lot of dreams and i want a bit of everything, but i know i can`t have everything so when i set my mind to doing something, i`ll do it with all my heart. so let`s see where the future will take me to, aerospace or visual comm. lol

althought being a flight stewardess have always been my dream, who knows maybe 3 years later i would rather be an engineer or photographer instead? you never know you know! lol

what subjects are you gonna take?

User avatar
taurus19
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 186
Joined: Fri, 18 Aug 2006

Postby taurus19 » Fri, 02 Feb 2007 11:03 am

only" eng, math & chi
and together with dip in psb. i know it will be quite siong, by doing both course at the same time.

I gv myself abt 2-3 years time to finish my course then after i will concentrate fully in the recuitment @ SIA. by the time i shd b 26 or 27year-old. :lol:

i will oso try after i got my O's (5 subj) + dip see if they want me anot

you think i can show them my O's level in different years (2 different intake)?
See the world from a different vantage point

eddia
Member
Member
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun, 23 Apr 2006

Postby eddia » Fri, 02 Feb 2007 1:20 pm

taurus19 wrote:only" eng, math & chi
and together with dip in psb. i know it will be quite siong, by doing both course at the same time.

I gv myself abt 2-3 years time to finish my course then after i will concentrate fully in the recuitment @ SIA. by the time i shd b 26 or 27year-old. :lol:

i will oso try after i got my O's (5 subj) + dip see if they want me anot

you think i can show them my O's level in different years (2 different intake)?


Hi,
If u got 5 o level MUST have credit in english, u can join SIA le.. :)

eddia
Member
Member
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun, 23 Apr 2006

Postby eddia » Fri, 02 Feb 2007 1:23 pm

soory, forget to add. You can show separate O'lvl cert. But I don't think they take in private dip. Coz that time I went, I saw a girl got rejected in the q due to her's is private dipl. Hope I did help a little~

User avatar
taurus19
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 186
Joined: Fri, 18 Aug 2006

Postby taurus19 » Fri, 02 Feb 2007 1:55 pm

eddia wrote:soory, forget to add. You can show separate O'lvl cert. But I don't think they take in private dip. Coz that time I went, I saw a girl got rejected in the q due to her's is private dipl. Hope I did help a little~


hey" thanks.
of cos for (2+3 O's level) + dip i will only try, if only i have completed my degree course @ PSB or SIM i will then dare to show it to them.. :D
See the world from a different vantage point

User avatar
taurus19
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 186
Joined: Fri, 18 Aug 2006

Postby taurus19 » Fri, 02 Feb 2007 2:05 pm

for education wise i not so worry, still can go learn and get the cert. i only worry about my height.. dun know will kana pop out ma"?

i heard that using breast-stoke to swim can help to lengthen the body.. but always rain from day to nite, how to go swim?

i oso heard that drink some chinese medicine can help but u got to spent time brewing your own.. any one try that?

for private cert, i heard that they only take in degree level like " SIM and oversea and blar blar", the rest i not to sure.

unless we have ppl over here who previously tried and got in.
Last edited by taurus19 on Fri, 02 Feb 2007 2:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
See the world from a different vantage point

eddia
Member
Member
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun, 23 Apr 2006

Postby eddia » Fri, 02 Feb 2007 2:06 pm

wad's your height? I am 157cm.. I got boot out in the swim round for the 1st time and kebaya on the 2nd time. due to height...they are very very strict on that...

User avatar
taurus19
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 186
Joined: Fri, 18 Aug 2006

Postby taurus19 » Fri, 02 Feb 2007 2:15 pm

eddia wrote:wad's your height? I am 157cm.. I got boot out in the swim round for the 1st time and kebaya on the 2nd time. due to height...they are very very strict on that...


so good, at least you went thru e kabaya stage and 1st round rite? or ?

early in the morn i am 157 or 157.5 den later late morn to afternoon, my height went down to 156.5 or 155.

so sian"! :mad:
See the world from a different vantage point

eddia
Member
Member
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun, 23 Apr 2006

Postby eddia » Fri, 02 Feb 2007 2:19 pm

seriously, i am not trying to demoralize you. but confirm cannot get through. I myself oso sian 1/2...coz they use those kind of height measure machine..and they will really not at your feet to see if u tip toe ont. They measure at kebaya & swim round...


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests