Singapore Expats Forum

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
xuetingg
Member
Member
Posts: 35
Joined: Sat, 13 Jan 2007

Postby xuetingg » Wed, 17 Jan 2007 12:16 am

koko77 wrote:xuetingg.

In this case, maybe you would wanna call them. Since the interviewer gave you the form, you should be asked to go for the water confidence test.

I supposed ur frens whu went for the interview would have the number, you can try calling them. I can't PM thats why i cannot give you the number.


Hi koko77....

no problem... thanks for all the advice.... I managed to get their numbers and give them a call earlier. I got a water confident test date already... will be going on the 23rd.... :D

karen1918
Member
Member
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon, 08 Jan 2007

Postby karen1918 » Wed, 17 Jan 2007 12:40 am

corines143 wrote:ermm actually dont worry abt this. dont read too much articles here and confuse and worry yourself. just go and try. make sure you stay positive and keep learning and correcting yourself if u want to stay in this industry.
you wil go far with a good atittude and mindset. dont take what others say seriously. have faith in yourself and work towards your goal.

as for this height matter, as advised do stretching exercise it wil give you an advantage when u go for height measurement. also the last time we took our height was in swissotel where there was carpet. then before that it was at sheraton where there was no carpet. Both places were different. so it depends really!! In conclusion dont worry abt this 'small' matter

concentrate on bigger things like preparing your 'self intro' and the questions which will be posted to you durig round 1. and also what to wear, to keep smiling. to walk like a dowager when u are in the kebaya. to take care of your skin and drink more water as of NOW.

all the best.


Hi corrines143,

just a few questions based on your experience encountered during the preliminary interview session. What are the questions posed by the SIA interviewers apart from the 'self-intro'. Is weight really an issue? because i'm considered above average in the Asian size context and my height is around 170cm.


thanks for sharing!

corines143
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 298
Joined: Mon, 06 Nov 2006
Location: Paris-Milan-Barcelona

Postby corines143 » Wed, 17 Jan 2007 1:13 am

hi there

i dont see weight is a problem if you look okay to the interviewers.. you know what i mean? i mean you should look at yourself and judge.
how heavy r you anyway? if you are shy to reveal you can pm me or even chat via msN?

wow u are quite tall hor... not bad!!

well questions i have come across are :

- self intro
- what r your qualities that suit SIA?
- why you want to join SIA?
- which is more important? service or safety?

actually there is no right or wrong answer its more focused on your confidence when you speak and also how u carry and smile throughout the whole process showing you are not shy and also confident abt yourself.. so try to keep practising and u sure make it thru round 1.
SingaporeGIrl - I wanna fly!! hehe

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 896
Joined: Mon, 25 Dec 2006
Location: Singapore

Postby xmischax » Wed, 17 Jan 2007 3:30 am

corines143 wrote:ermm actually dont worry abt this. dont read too much articles here and confuse and worry yourself. just go and try. make sure you stay positive and keep learning and correcting yourself if u want to stay in this industry.
you wil go far with a good atittude and mindset. dont take what others say seriously. have faith in yourself and work towards your goal.

as for this height matter, as advised do stretching exercise it wil give you an advantage when u go for height measurement. also the last time we took our height was in swissotel where there was carpet. then before that it was at sheraton where there was no carpet. Both places were different. so it depends really!! In conclusion dont worry abt this 'small' matter

concentrate on bigger things like preparing your 'self intro' and the questions which will be posted to you durig round 1. and also what to wear, to keep smiling. to walk like a dowager when u are in the kebaya. to take care of your skin and drink more water as of NOW.

all the best.


that is so true man! lol.. girls, believe in yourselves! you never know until you try! :D

fresh7up
Member
Member
Posts: 27
Joined: Sun, 12 Nov 2006
Location: Singapore

Postby fresh7up » Wed, 17 Jan 2007 12:40 pm

karen1918 are you currently working in the customer service line?

karen1918
Member
Member
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon, 08 Jan 2007

Postby karen1918 » Wed, 17 Jan 2007 2:38 pm

corines143 wrote:hi there

i dont see weight is a problem if you look okay to the interviewers.. you know what i mean? i mean you should look at yourself and judge.
how heavy r you anyway? if you are shy to reveal you can pm me or even chat via msN?

wow u are quite tall hor... not bad!!

well questions i have come across are :

- self intro
- what r your qualities that suit SIA?
- why you want to join SIA?
- which is more important? service or safety?

actually there is no right or wrong answer its more focused on your confidence when you speak and also how u carry and smile throughout the whole process showing you are not shy and also confident abt yourself.. so try to keep practising and u sure make it thru round 1.


thanks for sharing your experience! i sense that the key ingredient here 'confidence'...this helps alot!

karen1918
Member
Member
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon, 08 Jan 2007

Postby karen1918 » Wed, 17 Jan 2007 2:39 pm

fresh7up wrote:karen1918 are you currently working in the customer service line?


Nope.. I've just recently completed my studies about one month back... why such question?

fresh7up
Member
Member
Posts: 27
Joined: Sun, 12 Nov 2006
Location: Singapore

Postby fresh7up » Wed, 17 Jan 2007 3:51 pm

karen1918 wrote:
fresh7up wrote:karen1918 are you currently working in the customer service line?


Nope.. I've just recently completed my studies about one month back... why such question?


Just curious. I guess the one-to-one interview questions will depend on your current status instead of just general questions?

For example, you've just said that you're a fresh graduate - So how do you see yourself as being in an advantage position over the other applicants that have had working experience, particularly in the customer service industry?

qinggx
Member
Member
Posts: 22
Joined: Sun, 26 Nov 2006

Re: hi~

Postby qinggx » Wed, 17 Jan 2007 6:51 pm

tenshi wrote:Hi ww55 & qinggx

The lady in charge just asked me to lift my arms slightly from my side and stretch them out. Then she glanced from where the kebaya sleeves end to the end of my arms. She didn't specifically ask me to bend my elbows or anything to that extent.

As for lightening after lasering, you can ask your skin specialist whether s/he can provide you with a lightening lotion or use vitamin C and E as mentioned earlier in one of the previous posts by one of the posters.

Hope this helps :)

tenshi


Thanks tenshi!! By the way, do they check our backs?

tenshi
Regular
Regular
Posts: 62
Joined: Wed, 18 Oct 2006
Location: Singapore

Re: hi~

Postby tenshi » Wed, 17 Jan 2007 8:44 pm

Hi ww55

I think when she looked at me from head to toe, she must have looked at my neck too. I'm sorry I didn't really notice what she was looking at. She did ask me to turn around and since we were told to tie up our hair, she must have looked at the back of the neck too.

This time round only those who got into the next round after kebaya fitting needs to take their height and weight. BMI is calculated using your weight in kg divided by the square of your height in m.

tenshi

ww55 wrote:
tenshi wrote:Hi ww55 & qinggx

The lady in charge just asked me to lift my arms slightly from my side and stretch them out. Then she glanced from where the kebaya sleeves end to the end of my arms. She didn't specifically ask me to bend my elbows or anything to that extent.

As for lightening after lasering, you can ask your skin specialist whether s/he can provide you with a lightening lotion or use vitamin C and E as mentioned earlier in one of the previous posts by one of the posters.

Hope this helps :)

tenshi


thx tenshi.. !~ the lady only check ur arms? how about neck?

so how many time in total do they measure ur height and weight..

and also do they calculate ur BMI? how to calculate BMI?

thx in advance!~ :wink:

tenshi
Regular
Regular
Posts: 62
Joined: Wed, 18 Oct 2006
Location: Singapore

Re: hi~

Postby tenshi » Wed, 17 Jan 2007 8:47 pm

Hi qingqx

They only asked me to turn around and only the area from the baseline of hair and the area exposed by the kebaya (neck to a slight show of the back) is visible.

Not too sure about the water confidence stage though.

tenshi

qinggx wrote:
tenshi wrote:Hi ww55 & qinggx

The lady in charge just asked me to lift my arms slightly from my side and stretch them out. Then she glanced from where the kebaya sleeves end to the end of my arms. She didn't specifically ask me to bend my elbows or anything to that extent.

As for lightening after lasering, you can ask your skin specialist whether s/he can provide you with a lightening lotion or use vitamin C and E as mentioned earlier in one of the previous posts by one of the posters.

Hope this helps :)

tenshi


Thanks tenshi!! By the way, do they check our backs?

karen1918
Member
Member
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon, 08 Jan 2007

Postby karen1918 » Wed, 17 Jan 2007 8:50 pm

Just curious. I guess the one-to-one interview questions will depend on your current status instead of just general questions?

For example, you've just said that you're a fresh graduate - So how do you see yourself as being in an advantage position over the other applicants that have had working experience, particularly in the customer service industry?[/quote]

thats a good question that you have there. :wink: I'll prepare myself just in case they ask such questions! :D

ww55
Member
Member
Posts: 24
Joined: Sun, 14 Jan 2007

Re: hi~

Postby ww55 » Wed, 17 Jan 2007 9:50 pm

tenshi wrote:Hi ww55

I think when she looked at me from head to toe, she must have looked at my neck too. I'm sorry I didn't really notice what she was looking at. She did ask me to turn around and since we were told to tie up our hair, she must have looked at the back of the neck too.

This time round only those who got into the next round after kebaya fitting needs to take their height and weight. BMI is calculated using your weight in kg divided by the square of your height in m.

tenshi



hee thx tenshi for your info!!~ :wink:

do you know what is the longest hair length they allow that do not need to be bunned up??

fuschial
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon, 15 Jan 2007

just curious

Postby fuschial » Wed, 17 Jan 2007 10:39 pm

Hi guys!

Just a curious thought.. I was wondering how old u guys are. I just chanced upon this forum and from what i gathered some of you are still studying in poly or are in late teens to early 20's? hmmm my friend said that the age limit is around 26?

User avatar
ryanstarr
Regular
Regular
Posts: 102
Joined: Tue, 24 Jan 2006
Location: Frankel Avenue

Postby ryanstarr » Thu, 18 Jan 2007 10:05 am

On the topic of blogs on STOMP etc, can anyone enlighten me on the piece about Tiger Airways crew being underpaid? Just send me the link. Thanks. PS I have signed for them and start next month. :)
Aspire to inspire before you expire.


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests