Singapore Expats Forum

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
qinggx
Member
Member
Posts: 22
Joined: Sun, 26 Nov 2006

Postby qinggx » Tue, 16 Jan 2007 12:41 am

corines143 wrote:yes fushcial its true abt the bright lights. they just wanna see your pores, your skin cos most gals go in thick makeup and they wanna see thru the thick makeup.

Qing gx- those without customer experience also can get in. the trick is actually when you speak and mention abt your job scope, your personality. the way you speak plays an important part to make them believe you are a customer oriented person altogether so just prepare your speech to look like that


Thanks corines143! :D

qinggx
Member
Member
Posts: 22
Joined: Sun, 26 Nov 2006

Re: hi~

Postby qinggx » Tue, 16 Jan 2007 12:47 am

tenshi wrote:Hi

During the kebaya fitting round, you will be asked to tie up your hair, so even if you let your hair down, the ladies will provide you with a rubber band to tie it up. We were also told to remove necklaces, watches, rings and bracelets. These facilitates the checking process.

During the checking process, we were assessed on the way we walk in the kebaya and during skin check, they have 2 big lampshades that illuminates the area around you. They will then ask you to turn your head left and right. After that, they will ask you to lift your hands slightly for them to check for scars on your arms and hands. Thereafter, you'll be asked to turn around for them to look at your back.

Hope this helps :)

tenshi


Oh my.. I didn't know about all these. Thanks tenshi. I have a scar on my left elbow. Will they check that area?
They can't see our back when we wear kebaya right?

User avatar
taurus19
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 186
Joined: Fri, 18 Aug 2006

Postby taurus19 » Tue, 16 Jan 2007 9:21 am

hi corines143, are you inside now or going to begin your training soon?
See the world from a different vantage point

corines143
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 298
Joined: Mon, 06 Nov 2006
Location: Paris-Milan-Barcelona

Postby corines143 » Tue, 16 Jan 2007 9:34 am

haha i wish i was inside. nope i am still going for interviews. i didnt get thru on the 7th jan.

you wanna go together for next recruitment drive? have youtried yet?
SingaporeGIrl - I wanna fly!! hehe

User avatar
taurus19
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 186
Joined: Fri, 18 Aug 2006

Postby taurus19 » Tue, 16 Jan 2007 10:36 am

corines143 wrote:haha i wish i was inside. nope i am still going for interviews. i didnt get thru on the 7th jan.

you wanna go together for next recruitment drive? have youtried yet?


haha... i havent yet try i only got N level and cert (PSB) dun thin enough ah. Meanwhile i have begin m olevel tuition. btw hw tall r u.. me some time 157 some time 156 but last time during sec 4 i was 158/9. i dun tin i am ready havent yet learning speak up properly..
:lol:
See the world from a different vantage point

xuetingg
Member
Member
Posts: 35
Joined: Sat, 13 Jan 2007

Postby xuetingg » Tue, 16 Jan 2007 12:00 pm

xmischax wrote:
xuetingg wrote:
xmischax wrote:heyloo xuetingg, welcome to the forum!

well i don`t think you needa worry! if they gave you the form and told you to go for the water confidence test, i`m sure you`re in. give them some time, i`m sure it`s only a delay in them contacting you for the date. i mean, they wouldn`t have given you the form if you`re out, right? :D

congrats for getting through to the water confidence test! :wink:


Hi xmischax....

Thanks alot.... but so far i still haven get any calls from sq yet.... =( Don't know why...

The last date I know for the water confident test should be 23 Jan. Anyone from the last sq recruitment know any water test date that is later than 23 Jan?

Maybe I should call sq to check about my water test date? Please pm me if you know any number or email i could check for my issue. Your help is really appreciate.


sorry to say that i do not know any numbers or emails! maybe you can ask koko77 or cowie or missmyhivy? they should have the contacts that you require :D


okay.... sure... thanks a lot for the info...

xuetingg
Member
Member
Posts: 35
Joined: Sat, 13 Jan 2007

Postby xuetingg » Tue, 16 Jan 2007 12:13 pm

koko77 wrote:xuetingg.

I guess, they have couple of hundred to arrange for. Don't worry. Since you cleared the kebaya round, you shouldn't have problems going to the 3rd round. Well. Meantime you gonna wait. Give urself one week or so before callin them. If u're not scheduled for it yet, they'll still call you to wait.

This waiting period will be the best time for you to take care of ur skin. ok..


thanks for the info.
ya... I have waited one week plus.. still no calls at all.. One of the girls who went for the water test today help me to us them. They told her that there are some girls like me need to wait for calls for the water test and if never received calls then should means that not selected... sight..... :( maybe i'm not selected but the one to one interviewer said that he will put me to the water test rd and give me the indemnity form. haiz.... I dunno how.... Hence, think maybe you can PM me their email or contract no. ?
Thanks a lot......

corines143
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 298
Joined: Mon, 06 Nov 2006
Location: Paris-Milan-Barcelona

Postby corines143 » Tue, 16 Jan 2007 12:29 pm

taurus19, i am abt 165cm. i am tall enough but funny thing is that when u go there to measure. it will be different. it seems everyone gets shorter. a girl measured herself to be 161 then when she stood on the thing to be measured she came out to be 158 only
we were all shocked
SingaporeGIrl - I wanna fly!! hehe

User avatar
taurus19
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 186
Joined: Fri, 18 Aug 2006

Postby taurus19 » Tue, 16 Jan 2007 12:47 pm

corines143 wrote:taurus19, i am abt 165cm. i am tall enough but funny thing is that when u go there to measure. it will be different. it seems everyone gets shorter. a girl measured herself to be 161 then when she stood on the thing to be measured she came out to be 158 only
we were all shocked


corines143
last weekend i went to changi airpiort for my dinner there. i saw crews likely abt my height or alittle more. how can it be.. so sad.. i suppose to be 157/8, like this if i go there i sure boot out wan.. at least they dun accept you 165cm but still abt 160cm (at least) if for me i sure measure 155/6. :mad:
See the world from a different vantage point

corines143
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 298
Joined: Mon, 06 Nov 2006
Location: Paris-Milan-Barcelona

Postby corines143 » Tue, 16 Jan 2007 1:18 pm

ermm actually dont worry abt this. dont read too much articles here and confuse and worry yourself. just go and try. make sure you stay positive and keep learning and correcting yourself if u want to stay in this industry.
you wil go far with a good atittude and mindset. dont take what others say seriously. have faith in yourself and work towards your goal.

as for this height matter, as advised do stretching exercise it wil give you an advantage when u go for height measurement. also the last time we took our height was in swissotel where there was carpet. then before that it was at sheraton where there was no carpet. Both places were different. so it depends really!! In conclusion dont worry abt this 'small' matter

concentrate on bigger things like preparing your 'self intro' and the questions which will be posted to you durig round 1. and also what to wear, to keep smiling. to walk like a dowager when u are in the kebaya. to take care of your skin and drink more water as of NOW.

all the best.
SingaporeGIrl - I wanna fly!! hehe

User avatar
taurus19
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 186
Joined: Fri, 18 Aug 2006

Postby taurus19 » Tue, 16 Jan 2007 2:28 pm

corines143 wrote:haha i wish i was inside. nope i am still going for interviews. i didnt get thru on the 7th jan.

you wanna go together for next recruitment drive? have youtried yet?


corines143
how many time have you tried? mm do you still remember what the question they ask or what they will ask during in the interview. i tried @ home speaking infront of the mirror but the moment i carry on my speech/script i became tougue tight. i cannt help did you encounter this?

As for the coming interview you be showing them your accountancy cert rite? (sorry have forgotten where you graduate, @ where ah?)

and one more do you have any skin problem how do you get treated, do you go facial or by nature?

now i got some skin problem it always blemish after certain product i used. example i used Eucerin cleanser it will appear red pointer out pimple does that consider allergy?

as for height i ll work very hard on it, do more streching exercise. :cry:
See the world from a different vantage point

viviwawa
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon, 15 Jan 2007

Postby viviwawa » Tue, 16 Jan 2007 7:00 pm

corines143 wrote:ermm actually dont worry abt this. dont read too much articles here and confuse and worry yourself. just go and try. make sure you stay positive and keep learning and correcting yourself if u want to stay in this industry.
you wil go far with a good atittude and mindset. dont take what others say seriously. have faith in yourself and work towards your goal.

as for this height matter, as advised do stretching exercise it wil give you an advantage when u go for height measurement. also the last time we took our height was in swissotel where there was carpet. then before that it was at sheraton where there was no carpet. Both places were different. so it depends really!! In conclusion dont worry abt this 'small' matter

concentrate on bigger things like preparing your 'self intro' and the questions which will be posted to you durig round 1. and also what to wear, to keep smiling. to walk like a dowager when u are in the kebaya. to take care of your skin and drink more water as of NOW.

all the best.


Thanks corines! Your words really remind me.... I should prepare my script now... tension ><
Corines, mind to tell that how many times you've tried and which part you failed to get through...
Thanks...

koko77
Regular
Regular
Posts: 134
Joined: Thu, 13 Jul 2006
Contact:

Postby koko77 » Tue, 16 Jan 2007 10:20 pm

xuetingg.

In this case, maybe you would wanna call them. Since the interviewer gave you the form, you should be asked to go for the water confidence test.

I supposed ur frens whu went for the interview would have the number, you can try calling them. I can't PM thats why i cannot give you the number.

tenshi
Regular
Regular
Posts: 62
Joined: Wed, 18 Oct 2006
Location: Singapore

Re: hi~

Postby tenshi » Tue, 16 Jan 2007 10:59 pm

Hi ww55 & qinggx

The lady in charge just asked me to lift my arms slightly from my side and stretch them out. Then she glanced from where the kebaya sleeves end to the end of my arms. She didn't specifically ask me to bend my elbows or anything to that extent.

As for lightening after lasering, you can ask your skin specialist whether s/he can provide you with a lightening lotion or use vitamin C and E as mentioned earlier in one of the previous posts by one of the posters.

Hope this helps :)

tenshi

qinggx wrote:
tenshi wrote:Hi

During the kebaya fitting round, you will be asked to tie up your hair, so even if you let your hair down, the ladies will provide you with a rubber band to tie it up. We were also told to remove necklaces, watches, rings and bracelets. These facilitates the checking process.

During the checking process, we were assessed on the way we walk in the kebaya and during skin check, they have 2 big lampshades that illuminates the area around you. They will then ask you to turn your head left and right. After that, they will ask you to lift your hands slightly for them to check for scars on your arms and hands. Thereafter, you'll be asked to turn around for them to look at your back.

Hope this helps :)

tenshi


Oh my.. I didn't know about all these. Thanks tenshi. I have a scar on my left elbow. Will they check that area?
They can't see our back when we wear kebaya right?

ww55
Member
Member
Posts: 24
Joined: Sun, 14 Jan 2007

Re: hi~

Postby ww55 » Tue, 16 Jan 2007 11:19 pm

tenshi wrote:Hi ww55 & qinggx

The lady in charge just asked me to lift my arms slightly from my side and stretch them out. Then she glanced from where the kebaya sleeves end to the end of my arms. She didn't specifically ask me to bend my elbows or anything to that extent.

As for lightening after lasering, you can ask your skin specialist whether s/he can provide you with a lightening lotion or use vitamin C and E as mentioned earlier in one of the previous posts by one of the posters.

Hope this helps :)

tenshi


thx tenshi.. !~ the lady only check ur arms? how about neck?

so how many time in total do they measure ur height and weight..

and also do they calculate ur BMI? how to calculate BMI?

thx in advance!~ :wink:


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests