Singapore Expats Forum

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
karen1918
Member
Member
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon, 08 Jan 2007

Postby karen1918 » Fri, 12 Jan 2007 4:50 pm

The key word in this test is confidence. :wink:[/quote]

Point taken! Thanks!! :)

koko77
Regular
Regular
Posts: 134
Joined: Thu, 13 Jul 2006
Contact:

Postby koko77 » Fri, 12 Jan 2007 6:51 pm

mayfair

I think it'sabt 6 month down thr road when you face this problem. Unless they want you to sign the contract now. Otherwise, by then.. you can get ur direct relative, on top of that send a email to mary or whoever relavant to inform them abt the situation.

Im sure there's a way when times to come.

Otherwise, mary or the recruitments officers in SIA would be a better person to advise you.

As for me, I only received my contract yesterday despite I was accepted 6 months ago.

qinggx
Member
Member
Posts: 22
Joined: Sun, 26 Nov 2006

Postby qinggx » Fri, 12 Jan 2007 7:26 pm

Hey! Thanks for the replies =)
I think my BMI is abit below the average.

I just went for SIA interview this afternoon in my sch. Didn't manage to get in. They group you in groups of 10. Only 2 or 3 will get selected from each group.

From what we observe, they dont really go for looks. It's the way you present youselves and how you introduce yourselves to the judges. Oh! and your posture too. They look at you from head to toe.

I guess I was too nervous and my confidence level is low.

witchy
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon, 01 Jan 2007

Postby witchy » Fri, 12 Jan 2007 10:50 pm

Hi,
can i just asked what is the personality test about? Is it like a written test or something?

cowie
Member
Member
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed, 18 Oct 2006

Postby cowie » Fri, 12 Jan 2007 10:53 pm

missmyhivy wrote:
koko77 wrote:missmyhivy

Ya la.. ur nick so long so i just anyhow la. LOL..

Ok, i don't have prob looking for surety. However, cowie does.... =(

help her! lol. im sure she'll find someone in the end..


lol a bit too late now,but hey cowie...have u found ur surety? i can be ur surety LOL!!! cause some people said i look mature, perhaps i can pretend to be ur mum or auntie??? joking....:)


u dun look mature.. gosh.. :shock:
i email them and they allowed mi to change e signin of bond to 24th.. =)


hi.. for those goin for water confidence..
for water confidence test.. u can only swim backstroke..
just jump.. everything will follow nicely..
passing rate is high.. i do not know how to swim too.. but managed to pass.. do feel scared intially.. but when it was my turn standin there waitin to jump.. i took a deep breathe.. & when i heard e persn say "jump".. i just jump without thinkin..
feel proud of myself when i got to e other end.. =) even though e person after me reached e end before me.. hee..
so jiayou.. :D

Plavt
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 4289
Joined: Wed, 18 May 2005
Location: United Kingdom

Postby Plavt » Fri, 12 Jan 2007 11:01 pm

cowie wrote:

can only swim backstroke..
just jump.. everything will follow nicely..
passing rate is high.. do not know how to swim too


:???: :???:

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 896
Joined: Mon, 25 Dec 2006
Location: Singapore

Postby xmischax » Fri, 12 Jan 2007 11:40 pm

witchy wrote:Hi,
can i just asked what is the personality test about? Is it like a written test or something?


if i`m not wrong, it`s like an interview too, right? correct me if i`m wrong!

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 896
Joined: Mon, 25 Dec 2006
Location: Singapore

Postby xmischax » Fri, 12 Jan 2007 11:47 pm

qinggx wrote:Hey! Thanks for the replies =)
I think my BMI is abit below the average.

I just went for SIA interview this afternoon in my sch. Didn't manage to get in. They group you in groups of 10. Only 2 or 3 will get selected from each group.

From what we observe, they dont really go for looks. It's the way you present youselves and how you introduce yourselves to the judges. Oh! and your posture too. They look at you from head to toe.

I guess I was too nervous and my confidence level is low.


don`t worry, you can try again! :D

actually the number they select from each group is not fixed, as long as you meet their requirements and they think you are who they are looking for, they`ll select you.

what school are you from?

qinggx
Member
Member
Posts: 22
Joined: Sun, 26 Nov 2006

Postby qinggx » Sat, 13 Jan 2007 12:08 am

Yea, gonna try again =) Thanks xmischax! Have you gone to any SIA interview(s)?
I'm from tp.

Is there personality test? Too many tests, it's :???: haha.

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 896
Joined: Mon, 25 Dec 2006
Location: Singapore

Postby xmischax » Sat, 13 Jan 2007 12:16 am

qinggx wrote:Yea, gonna try again =) Thanks xmischax! Have you gone to any SIA interview(s)?
I'm from tp.

Is there personality test? Too many tests, it's :???: haha.


i think sia interviews are more or less the same..

yupp i went for last sat`s.

don`t worry yeahh! if you`re serious about it, try again! don`t give up your dream :D

qinggx
Member
Member
Posts: 22
Joined: Sun, 26 Nov 2006

Postby qinggx » Sat, 13 Jan 2007 12:25 am

xmischax wrote:
qinggx wrote:Yea, gonna try again =) Thanks xmischax! Have you gone to any SIA interview(s)?
I'm from tp.

Is there personality test? Too many tests, it's :???: haha.


i think sia interviews are more or less the same..

yupp i went for last sat`s.

don`t worry yeahh! if you`re serious about it, try again! don`t give up your dream :D


Yup! sure I will try again. Will try to build up my confidence and express myself better. But all these years it has nv improve. I admire people who can speak really well and calmly infront of stranger/interviewers.

witchy
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon, 01 Jan 2007

Postby witchy » Sat, 13 Jan 2007 12:30 am

wow..there seems to be so may rounds of interview

qinggx,
did many people went for the sch interview? cause in my sch not many went for it..

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 896
Joined: Mon, 25 Dec 2006
Location: Singapore

Postby xmischax » Sat, 13 Jan 2007 12:36 am

are you very nervous when you`re in front of the interviewers?

if you are, don`t be! they are just regular people. speak to them naturally like you`re speaking to your friend. nervousness is just in the mind :)

like many others have said before, whether the session is a stressful one or a friendly one, it`s up to you. your mindset and all. practising helps, i guess? heh.

i know these things can`t be changed over night, so take one step at a time. koko77 once said determination will take you as far as you wanna go :D

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 896
Joined: Mon, 25 Dec 2006
Location: Singapore

Postby xmischax » Sat, 13 Jan 2007 12:37 am

witchy wrote:wow..there seems to be so may rounds of interview

qinggx,
did many people went for the sch interview? cause in my sch not many went for it..


according to those who went through all of them, there are about 7 rounds or so, more or less.

what school are you from?

xuetingg
Member
Member
Posts: 35
Joined: Sat, 13 Jan 2007

Water Confident Test

Postby xuetingg » Sat, 13 Jan 2007 1:05 am

Hi... I'm new here.... I went for the last sq recruitment on the 7th and make it to the water confident rd. I remembered that I was the last group of girls who make it to that rd and we were told to wait for their calls to come back for the water test. Only the indemnity form was given to us. So far, the girls i know from the group already get calls from sq to go for the water test on the 23rd but till now I still did not received any news from them. I'm worried. Is this means that I'm out actually? Anyone have encountered such cases like me. I'm upsad cos I really wish to be a flight stewardess and have tried the interview for a few times but always failed. This is the first time I get into the water test round but now looks like... sight.... Can any kind soul please advice what I should do? thanks.....


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest