Singapore Expats Forum

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
corines143
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 298
Joined: Mon, 06 Nov 2006
Location: Paris-Milan-Barcelona

Postby corines143 » Thu, 11 Jan 2007 12:42 pm

how much does tiger airways pay ?

u been thru ? how was it? share pls!!
SingaporeGIrl - I wanna fly!! hehe

User avatar
Plavt
Director
Director
Posts: 4290
Joined: Wed, 18 May 2005
Location: United Kingdom

Postby Plavt » Thu, 11 Jan 2007 4:41 pm

bavaniratnam,
You need at least five posts before your PM function will work, this is to prevent spammers.

User avatar
Plavt
Director
Director
Posts: 4290
Joined: Wed, 18 May 2005
Location: United Kingdom

Postby Plavt » Thu, 11 Jan 2007 4:48 pm

corines143 wrote:Nope i did not put make up on. most ppl put make up on but if you think you can go in simple make up(meaning eyeliner,lipgloss) i guess its ok as well.

Seriously ppl who get in who are my friends did not and never used makeup, it is not abt makeup. . Actually I've scrutinised the way ppl get selected when discussing with friends, the interviewers dont look at all these factors such as : makeup, attire and etc. Its really more abt the way you carry yourselve, your confidence, your fluency in English, your smile. Its really not about the minor things.

You Gals were there to judge for yourself, girls came in all sorts of attire : :eggings, singlet and jeans, 3/4 pants, skimpy dresses and mini skirts and they still got thru it all. Did you also notice SIA never indicated attire as they are not judging us base on all that. This is what i concluded.

For me i know what went wrong. It is the posture and confident I portrayed at that point in time. We really have to be confident which i lacked at that point in time. but its okay I live and learn and gonna try again....

We also always think that in the group of ten, they are bound to eliminate someone. actually not true also. cos if you really dont show confident and "the Look" then you are out. So gotta create that look in you!!



This says it all; you can see from Corines post the airline is not that interested in grooming they teach that to their specifications during training. What matters is your attitude and how you react to people and events; are easily niggled? are you assertive? condescending? quick thinking? etc.

bavaniratnam
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue, 09 Jan 2007

Postby bavaniratnam » Thu, 11 Jan 2007 6:52 pm

Thx for the info Plavt

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 896
Joined: Mon, 25 Dec 2006
Location: Singapore

Postby xmischax » Thu, 11 Jan 2007 7:26 pm

Plavt wrote:
corines143 wrote:Nope i did not put make up on. most ppl put make up on but if you think you can go in simple make up(meaning eyeliner,lipgloss) i guess its ok as well.

Seriously ppl who get in who are my friends did not and never used makeup, it is not abt makeup. . Actually I've scrutinised the way ppl get selected when discussing with friends, the interviewers dont look at all these factors such as : makeup, attire and etc. Its really more abt the way you carry yourselve, your confidence, your fluency in English, your smile. Its really not about the minor things.

You Gals were there to judge for yourself, girls came in all sorts of attire : :eggings, singlet and jeans, 3/4 pants, skimpy dresses and mini skirts and they still got thru it all. Did you also notice SIA never indicated attire as they are not judging us base on all that. This is what i concluded.

For me i know what went wrong. It is the posture and confident I portrayed at that point in time. We really have to be confident which i lacked at that point in time. but its okay I live and learn and gonna try again....

We also always think that in the group of ten, they are bound to eliminate someone. actually not true also. cos if you really dont show confident and "the Look" then you are out. So gotta create that look in you!!



This says it all; you can see from Corines post the airline is not that interested in grooming they teach that to their specifications during training. What matters is your attitude and how you react to people and events; are easily niggled? are you assertive? condescending? quick thinking? etc.


mmm yeahh. but then how you dress and whether you put make up on or not.. it`s like, it shows how much you want the job? and your respect for the opportunity given? i mean, not necessarily for the interviewers to see but you`ll feel more confident, complete and ready? it`s about the attitude, not necessarily just to look nice for the interviewers. my point of view :D

User avatar
Plavt
Director
Director
Posts: 4290
Joined: Wed, 18 May 2005
Location: United Kingdom

Postby Plavt » Thu, 11 Jan 2007 8:08 pm

I don't disagree with you xmischax but I think somebody's standard of dress becomes more important at the later stages such as the management interview. From what I know a large number of persons if not most never make it past the first round.

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 896
Joined: Mon, 25 Dec 2006
Location: Singapore

Postby xmischax » Thu, 11 Jan 2007 8:33 pm

yeahh you are not wrong too. i just like the consistensy, i just think it`s funny to dress as you like during the first round and then if you get through, suddenly dress all prim and proper to impress the judges for the later part of the interviews.. i don`t know, i just think it`s funny! i don`t think that because there are people who got in wearing denim skirts or jeans, then you should wear that too.

but again, this depends on how each person thinks and feels. :)

corines143
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 298
Joined: Mon, 06 Nov 2006
Location: Paris-Milan-Barcelona

Postby corines143 » Thu, 11 Jan 2007 8:45 pm

hey mischax...

well you got your point, of cos dressing up will give you more confidence. BUT are you confident becos of what you are wearing? that means the clothes make you. not you make the clothes. you gotta have that thing in you to make the interviewers like you not for the clothes, make up and good looks you have. i tottally agree with your standpoint but dont rely too much on all these exterior stuff. the most important thing is how u connect with the interviewer and how you carry yourself.

why i agree with plavt is becos there was this young girl aged 21 in my group. she was just dressed in jeans, slipper and a singlet. she got thru. One thing for sure i noticed was her confidence and SMILE. she carried herself proud and well. even when she was trying the kebaya she was full of confident walking in it like a dowager. she didnt look that young cos she has confidence not in her clothes, make up or hairdo. so i learn and hope u get my drift.

cheers.
SingaporeGIrl - I wanna fly!! hehe

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 896
Joined: Mon, 25 Dec 2006
Location: Singapore

Postby xmischax » Thu, 11 Jan 2007 9:47 pm

yeahh i get your drift, i`m not saying that whatever you wear will give you the confidence, because confidence comes from the inside. i just think that dressing appropriately is proper ettiquette. like, it`s just basic manners to dress for the occasion.

but whatever it is, do what you deem fit and what matters in the end is whether you get selected or not, right? heh :)

fresh7up
Member
Member
Posts: 27
Joined: Sun, 12 Nov 2006
Location: Singapore

Postby fresh7up » Thu, 11 Jan 2007 9:57 pm

corines143 wrote:...she was just dressed in jeans, slipper and a singlet. she got thru.
cheers.


Wow. Interesting sense of fashion. She wore slippers and she got through?! I still believe that 1st impression counts but of course you need to speak well too. That's the 2nd impression that you'll be giving.

Anyway, what's beauty without brains right. Well, by dressing appropriately it shows what kind of a person you are.

Maybe that girl is one in a million. Who knows.

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 896
Joined: Mon, 25 Dec 2006
Location: Singapore

Postby xmischax » Thu, 11 Jan 2007 10:01 pm

fresh7up wrote:
corines143 wrote:...she was just dressed in jeans, slipper and a singlet. she got thru.
cheers.


Wow. Interesting sense of fashion. She wore slippers and she got through?! I still believe that 1st impression counts but of course you need to speak well too. That's the 2nd impression that you'll be giving.

Anyway, what's beauty without brains right. Well, by dressing appropriately it shows what kind of a person you are.

Maybe that girl is one in a million. Who knows.


yup, i believe that first impression lasts a lifetime.. it`s hard to change it once you`ve left an impression, that`s what i believe. lol

heyy, you`ve got an interesting nickname! do you love 7up? :lol:

corines143
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 298
Joined: Mon, 06 Nov 2006
Location: Paris-Milan-Barcelona

Postby corines143 » Thu, 11 Jan 2007 11:44 pm

hiya.

of cos first impression counts. you never get a 2nd chance to make a first impression as the saying goes..

I didnt meant DONT DRESS UP. its obvious you have to since you are coming to an interview and its an interview with a prestigious airline but i guess the young ones dont place much importance on this factor cos they are young and inexperienced maybe.

but what i am also voicing out is to be yourself and be confident at every round.

cheers/
SingaporeGIrl - I wanna fly!! hehe

koko77
Regular
Regular
Posts: 134
Joined: Thu, 13 Jul 2006
Contact:

Postby koko77 » Thu, 11 Jan 2007 11:51 pm

Halo.

I think, it's all based on personal preference. Whether you wanna dress up or you just wanna appear as natural as possible. It's up to individual. There's isn't a need for any comparison and other conversation related to this issue should go on.

We should go back to the...... normal & common topic ok?

ok. tell me abt the swimming test, who's going?

corines143
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 298
Joined: Mon, 06 Nov 2006
Location: Paris-Milan-Barcelona

Postby corines143 » Fri, 12 Jan 2007 12:09 am

oh yea abt the swimming test, koko - can you just advise abt the swim test. cos a friend did ask me abt whether she should put make up on and what to do and not to do?

pls advise.

thanksssssss
SingaporeGIrl - I wanna fly!! hehe

koko77
Regular
Regular
Posts: 134
Joined: Thu, 13 Jul 2006
Contact:

Postby koko77 » Fri, 12 Jan 2007 12:16 am

the swimming test... hmm all i can say it's luck already. You want it, you'll jump.

She can put on make up if she wans. Anyway after the jump she'll be asked for a skin check again. So, no matter how thick the make up will be, it'd fades after the jump.

So, it's bit pointless. But some pple are dependent on make up.

Just shut up thru out the whole interview process. Cos' likely is you won't noe many of the girls.

After the test, those who are selected will stay for the persoanlity test (non-elimination round).

That's abt it. There's really nothing much abt the water confidence test.


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest