Singapore Expats Forum

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Joycee
Regular
Regular
Posts: 84
Joined: Tue, 21 Nov 2006
Location: Singapore

Postby Joycee » Sun, 07 Jan 2007 1:20 am

koko77 wrote:joycee...

I'm 21. 22 this yr.. you wanna give me pressie? Lol. my bd still a long way.



LOL. No lah, imagine i haven't ask you before, ok! haha So part-time customer service experience also can? Does SIA take into consideration?

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 896
Joined: Mon, 25 Dec 2006
Location: Singapore

Postby xmischax » Sun, 07 Jan 2007 1:21 am

oooh yeahh, i`m intending to stay on this job till the end of my poly years. i`ll try to get my manager to write me a testimonial then! heh

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 896
Joined: Mon, 25 Dec 2006
Location: Singapore

Postby xmischax » Sun, 07 Jan 2007 1:22 am

Joycee wrote:
koko77 wrote:joycee...

I'm 21. 22 this yr.. you wanna give me pressie? Lol. my bd still a long way.



LOL. No lah, imagine i haven't ask you before, ok! haha So part-time customer service experience also can? Does SIA take into consideration?


why not? not like you can work full time when you`re studying. part time or full time, you still get customer service experience in the end. :)

koko77
Regular
Regular
Posts: 134
Joined: Thu, 13 Jul 2006
Contact:

Postby koko77 » Sun, 07 Jan 2007 1:24 am

joycee..

Of cos'. I mean in every job that you go for interview. Previous work exp is definitely a plus. eg: If you want to work in an advertising company. it would be advisable you had been exposed to areas in the related field.

SIA takes into consideration of ur everything in fact. You cannot be just a pretty face but w/o intellectuality and vice versa. However, looks are secondary. constructivity and intellectuality makes more sense.

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 896
Joined: Mon, 25 Dec 2006
Location: Singapore

Postby xmischax » Sun, 07 Jan 2007 1:31 am

koko77, which school did you graduate from?

koko77
Regular
Regular
Posts: 134
Joined: Thu, 13 Jul 2006
Contact:

Postby koko77 » Sun, 07 Jan 2007 1:32 am

xmischax

some design school in sg. not tp. There's only 3 you can think of... heh heh.

you noe. lol.

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 896
Joined: Mon, 25 Dec 2006
Location: Singapore

Postby xmischax » Sun, 07 Jan 2007 1:39 am

koko77 wrote:xmischax

some design school in sg. not tp. There's only 3 you can think of... heh heh.

you noe. lol.


lasalle-sia? raffles lasalle? nafa?

flight cat
Member
Member
Posts: 37
Joined: Mon, 26 Dec 2005
Location: malaysia

Confusing

Postby flight cat » Sun, 07 Jan 2007 11:24 am

Plavt wrote:
anti_spy999 wrote:
shirleytemple wrote:Gee... Receiving conflicting info here. First it is light colours. Then, I hear it is all right to wear dark colours. Now, it is no light colours. Well, I guess we will just have to go with what WE feel is best for US. Go with what makes us feel and look good!


#-o Cannot wear very dark colors because it shows that you want to challenge your superior and it is rude.

No light pink, light green and light purple because it shows that you are not serious.

wear white because it shows respect, purity and innocence.


Baloney! The last time I was in Singapore waiting for a flight a group of trainee stewardesses in civilian dress walked past me to the security gate, they wore a vast array of colours from very dark to very light. I suggest posters make their own judgement you are after Singaporean or Malaysian and know your own culture.

:x :x



Hi, I had received an invitation letter to this coming interview in K.L. from SIA recently and i also had read those forum which sharing their interview experiences. I felt very confused because some of them said the candidates will be ask to leave if they do not have a diploma or equal qualifications. I had stated that I do not have a diploma but an O' level, then why SIA still invite me to this coming interview? Does it means that I'll be ask to leave before the 1st round interview on that day?
Besides that, I have a friend who had sent her application to SIA but unfortunately she lost all her messages in her email due to the internet interruption. What should she do to check her status, I mean whether she had invited to attend this coming interview in K.L.? Could she try the walk in interview on that day? I'm eagerly look forward to hearing from you soon. Thanks.
fly high

anti_spy999
Regular
Regular
Posts: 58
Joined: Sun, 05 Nov 2006
Location: Singapore

Postby anti_spy999 » Sun, 07 Jan 2007 2:26 pm

xmischax wrote:
koko77 wrote:xmischax

some design school in sg. not tp. There's only 3 you can think of... heh heh.

you noe. lol.


lasalle-sia? raffles lasalle? nafa?


Ha... Let me guess... SP :P
~I hoped to join SIA engineering Team!~

anti_spy999
Regular
Regular
Posts: 58
Joined: Sun, 05 Nov 2006
Location: Singapore

Postby anti_spy999 » Sun, 07 Jan 2007 2:31 pm

Courage Booster...

To all SQ girls wannabes. Go and try if you have met the requirements. Just remember to pick yourself up after you have fallen and retry again and again. Must have preserverance.

Thomas Edison invented the light bulb and failed so many times and he never gave up so why must you give up so easily?

The person who failed many times and is able to pick herself up and try again is not a failure but the person who failed once and back off is a fool. So please don't be a fool.

:)

Come and get your courage booster from me. :wink:
~I hoped to join SIA engineering Team!~

kristen
Regular
Regular
Posts: 62
Joined: Sat, 22 Oct 2005
Location: Singapore

hahaha!!

Postby kristen » Sun, 07 Jan 2007 3:36 pm

stop barking , anti_spy999!

User avatar
M
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 857
Joined: Tue, 13 Sep 2005
Location: Singapore

Re: hahaha!!

Postby M » Sun, 07 Jan 2007 4:06 pm

kristen wrote:stop barking , anti_spy999!


LOL! :P

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 896
Joined: Mon, 25 Dec 2006
Location: Singapore

Re: Confusing

Postby xmischax » Sun, 07 Jan 2007 6:10 pm

flight cat wrote:
Hi, I had received an invitation letter to this coming interview in K.L. from SIA recently and i also had read those forum which sharing their interview experiences. I felt very confused because some of them said the candidates will be ask to leave if they do not have a diploma or equal qualifications. I had stated that I do not have a diploma but an O' level, then why SIA still invite me to this coming interview? Does it means that I'll be ask to leave before the 1st round interview on that day?
Besides that, I have a friend who had sent her application to SIA but unfortunately she lost all her messages in her email due to the internet interruption. What should she do to check her status, I mean whether she had invited to attend this coming interview in K.L.? Could she try the walk in interview on that day? I'm eagerly look forward to hearing from you soon. Thanks.


heyloo, i think you`ve gotten the wrong idea. the educational requirement is to have either a levels, local polytechnic diploma or o levels with customer service experience. so, it`s perfectly fine to try out if you have o levels and relevant customer service experience.

what we were saying is that if you do not have customer service experience or 5 o levels, and you have not officially gotten your diploma yet, or your diploma is not recognised but you are using your diploma as the basic educational requirement, then you`ll be asked to leave.

i don`t know how it works for the email invitations to overseas applicants but perhaps she can email SIA regarding this? since she had been in contact, SIA should know who she is when she provide the relevant details. if all fails then maybe she can go to the interview and ask if they have her name or something? i`m not too sure about this.

hope it helps :)

kristen
Regular
Regular
Posts: 62
Joined: Sat, 22 Oct 2005
Location: Singapore

helloooooO!

Postby kristen » Sun, 07 Jan 2007 7:43 pm

its scary when they cut u off just like that if u dont meet d requirements.thats d real world, i guess.lol.anyways, im holding on to a diploma cert from mdis.im going for the next recruitment drive.lol.nt goin to wait any longer.i jus really want to get it over n done wit.u know, get d feel of it..good luck to the rest.. :)) take care n enjoyyyy!!!

koko77
Regular
Regular
Posts: 134
Joined: Thu, 13 Jul 2006
Contact:

Postby koko77 » Sun, 07 Jan 2007 10:09 pm

antispy_999

I do not know ur intention of the Pm that you sent to me. And neither do i wanna make it public, and do not call the others bunch of fools ok? it's rude.

opps. I mentioned something, (im not supposed to say, lol)..

Anyway, I hope that you know others are not trying to accuse you as a cheater or a ass trying to fool around. But I suggest that you should start reflecting what are you doing and what do you wanna acheive in PMing others for no apparent reason.

Maybe, you should put a stop to Pm me. thank you.


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests