Singapore Expats Forum

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
kristen
Regular
Regular
Posts: 62
Joined: Sat, 22 Oct 2005
Location: Singapore

helLOoooO!...

Postby kristen » Sat, 06 Jan 2007 12:43 pm

im currently in d prep mode..learnin hw to swim n all..n yes, taking goodie care of my complexion..goshh d pimples n all!! drinkin lotsa water n doin crunches.it works!..trust me. anyone who is interested to go for d next recruitment drive??....

hopefully there is one before april !! i'll be all confident by then!...Excited man!! haha....oh for those whu went 4 d interview this morn, anyone got in without any experience in customer service ? or ability to speak foreign languages?

nana07
Regular
Regular
Posts: 93
Joined: Tue, 27 Jun 2006

Postby nana07 » Sat, 06 Jan 2007 2:00 pm

hi all,
went to the walk in this morning. didn't get pass the 1st round today.
they are quite strict on their requirements this time round. strictly no any other qualifications other than diploma and above. someone behind me got private dip and 4 o'levels was asked to go. any guys/girls seen not so tall for the interview will be brought to the front to measure their height and if u miss by even 1 cm , have to go as well.

1st round interview was a group of 10 as usual on self introduction.
4 out of 10 gals got into the next round.

kristen
Regular
Regular
Posts: 62
Joined: Sat, 22 Oct 2005
Location: Singapore

hey girl!!

Postby kristen » Sat, 06 Jan 2007 3:06 pm

hey nana07..!! :))im sorry that u din made it thru. *hugggsss*no worries k!! im sure u tried ur super duper best..!!!dun give up..u can try again d next time..we can go together... :))

man..only 4 out of 10..dame!! well, im holding on to a private diploma from mdis..i guess im nt qualified then..haiz..but im so gona try! i dun care! lol..!! do u have any idea on why u didnt made it thru?maybe u can use that and work on it?!!!

kristen
Regular
Regular
Posts: 62
Joined: Sat, 22 Oct 2005
Location: Singapore

heyY

Postby kristen » Sat, 06 Jan 2007 3:13 pm

any idea when is the next recruitment drive??

kristen
Regular
Regular
Posts: 62
Joined: Sat, 22 Oct 2005
Location: Singapore

Postby kristen » Sat, 06 Jan 2007 3:25 pm

nana07 wrote:hi all,
went to the walk in this morning. didn't get pass the 1st round today.
they are quite strict on their requirements this time round. strictly no any other qualifications other than diploma and above. someone behind me got private dip and 4 o'levels was asked to go. any guys/girls seen not so tall for the interview will be brought to the front to measure their height and if u miss by even 1 cm , have to go as well.

1st round interview was a group of 10 as usual on self introduction.
4 out of 10 gals got into the next round.


u mentioned that "someone behind u got a private dip and was asked to go"..did the person got interviewed and then was asked to go?? or was it like a thorough check of qualifications n then was asked to go?

nana07
Regular
Regular
Posts: 93
Joined: Tue, 27 Jun 2006

Postby nana07 » Sat, 06 Jan 2007 3:27 pm

kristen wrote:u mentioned that "someone behind u got a private dip and was asked to go"..did the person got interviewed and then was asked to go?? or was it like a thorough check of qualifications n then was asked to go?


there will be someone going down the queue asking whether u got a diploma ornot. then as u're nearing the queue they will check your application form on your qualifications.

no idea when the next recruitment will be.

i guess i was booted out because i didn't speak well enough.

anti_spy999
Regular
Regular
Posts: 58
Joined: Sun, 05 Nov 2006
Location: Singapore

Postby anti_spy999 » Sat, 06 Jan 2007 3:33 pm

shirleytemple wrote:Gee... Receiving conflicting info here. First it is light colours. Then, I hear it is all right to wear dark colours. Now, it is no light colours. Well, I guess we will just have to go with what WE feel is best for US. Go with what makes us feel and look good!


#-o Cannot wear very dark colors because it shows that you want to challenge your superior and it is rude.

No light pink, light green and light purple because it shows that you are not serious.

wear white because it shows respect, purity and innocence.
~I hoped to join SIA engineering Team!~

User avatar
Plavt
Director
Director
Posts: 4290
Joined: Wed, 18 May 2005
Location: United Kingdom

Postby Plavt » Sat, 06 Jan 2007 3:44 pm

anti_spy999 wrote:
shirleytemple wrote:Gee... Receiving conflicting info here. First it is light colours. Then, I hear it is all right to wear dark colours. Now, it is no light colours. Well, I guess we will just have to go with what WE feel is best for US. Go with what makes us feel and look good!


#-o Cannot wear very dark colors because it shows that you want to challenge your superior and it is rude.

No light pink, light green and light purple because it shows that you are not serious.

wear white because it shows respect, purity and innocence.


Baloney! The last time I was in Singapore waiting for a flight a group of trainee stewardesses in civilian dress walked past me to the security gate, they wore a vast array of colours from very dark to very light. I suggest posters make their own judgement you are after Singaporean or Malaysian and know your own culture.

:x :x
Last edited by Plavt on Sat, 06 Jan 2007 8:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

anti_spy999
Regular
Regular
Posts: 58
Joined: Sun, 05 Nov 2006
Location: Singapore

Postby anti_spy999 » Sat, 06 Jan 2007 3:46 pm

koko77 wrote:anti_spy999

Who's this?


A fellow forummer. :P

Ask corines and she will know.
~I hoped to join SIA engineering Team!~

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 896
Joined: Mon, 25 Dec 2006
Location: Singapore

Postby xmischax » Sat, 06 Jan 2007 4:02 pm

i went for the walk in this morning too, didn`t get in.

you are supposed to line up with your completed form and passport sized photo, shorter ones to test for height, and they look at your educational qualifications. those who have not gotten their diploma officially yet or does not meet the requirement, i suggest you not go for it cos you`ll be asked to leave even before the height test. then, they will group you into groups of 10 and you proceed into a room to watch the cabin crew video. and then, proceed on to the group interview. average time taken from lining up to the end of round 1 interview is about 4 hours or so. for the height test, they look at your height, they have a sticker on the wall to indicate where 1.58m is. if you`re on the border, like just passed a little bit or something like that, they`ll see your arm length by asking you to reach up to another sticker. you pass if you can touch the sticker.

i went together with raindrops and we were in group 38. the first round was just 10 of us in a group, asked to sit in front of 2 hr managers. we were asked to step out one by one, randomly called, to do self introduction, what are you doing now and why do you wanna join SIA. in my group, 5 out of 10 were selected for the 2nd in the afternoon. raindrops was one of them! she went on to the 2nd round, one-to-one interview if i am not wrong. but she failed the skin test, which is really sad!

i think i was booted out either because i was too young, or i need to lose weight. lol. in my group, group 38, all of them were 24 except for one girl who was 21 and me, 17. those who were selected were all 24. there were 2 JAL flight stewardesses and 1 ex-MAS flight stewardess, didn`t pay attention to whether they were selected though.

the number of people they select depends, like some groups was 2 out of 10, some were 8 out of 10.

i think about 400 people turned up, almost the same amount of both genders.

good luck to everyone going tmr! do prepare for the self introduction! they may or may not set a topic for you to talk about. :D
Last edited by xmischax on Sat, 06 Jan 2007 10:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 896
Joined: Mon, 25 Dec 2006
Location: Singapore

Postby xmischax » Sat, 06 Jan 2007 4:03 pm

nana07 wrote:
kristen wrote:u mentioned that "someone behind u got a private dip and was asked to go"..did the person got interviewed and then was asked to go?? or was it like a thorough check of qualifications n then was asked to go?


there will be someone going down the queue asking whether u got a diploma ornot. then as u're nearing the queue they will check your application form on your qualifications.

no idea when the next recruitment will be.

i guess i was booted out because i didn't speak well enough.


aww! same here, didn`t get through. try again next time! :D

nana07
Regular
Regular
Posts: 93
Joined: Tue, 27 Jun 2006

Postby nana07 » Sat, 06 Jan 2007 5:42 pm

i don't believe in the light colours thingy.
there's alot of people who were selected today who wore black and dark brown.
anti_spy: care to enlighten me on that?

jol
Member
Member
Posts: 30
Joined: Fri, 27 Oct 2006

tml's interview

Postby jol » Sat, 06 Jan 2007 6:47 pm

hi there,
anyone gona try again tml? i fail my 1st round interview too.
Brgs,
jol

kristen
Regular
Regular
Posts: 62
Joined: Sat, 22 Oct 2005
Location: Singapore

hey.

Postby kristen » Sat, 06 Jan 2007 8:12 pm

From: anti_spy999
To: kristen
Posted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 4:38 pm
Subject: swim?
You are learning how to swim just to prepare for the SIA water confidence test...? Hmm...

You will also need to know some survival skills, some CPR technique, some lifesaving skills and most importantly dare to jump from a plank 3M above the water.

Need my special guidiance? I can teach you. I am Jennifer and i need to know what's your gender.



******ps: ITS ABOUT TIME SOMEONE PERMANENTLY BAN ANTI_SPY999.

_________________
~I hoped to join SIA engineering Team!~

kristen
Regular
Regular
Posts: 62
Joined: Sat, 22 Oct 2005
Location: Singapore

Postby kristen » Sat, 06 Jan 2007 8:45 pm

xmischax wrote:i went for the walk in this morning too, didn`t get in.

you are supposed to line up with your completed form and passport sized photo, shorter ones to test for height, and they look at your educational qualifications. those who have not gotten their diploma officially yet or does not meet the requirement, i suggest you not go for it cos you`ll be asked to leave even before the height test. then, they will group you into groups of 10 and you proceed into a room to watch the cabin crew video. and then, proceed on to the group interview. average time taken from lining up to the end of round 1 interview is about 4 hours or so. for the height test, they look at your height, they have a sticker on the wall to indicate where 1.58m is. if you`re on the border, like just passed a little bit or something like that, they`ll see your arm length by asking you to reach up to another sticker. you pass if you can touch the sticker.

i went together with raindrops and we were in group 38. the first round was just 10 of us in a group, asked to sit in front of 2 hr managers. we were asked to step out one by one, randomly called, to do self introduction, what are you doing now and why do you wanna join SIA. in my group, 5 out of 10 were selected for the 2nd in the afternoon. raindrops was one of them!

i think i was booted out either because i was too young, or i need to lose weight. lol. in my group, group 38, all of them were 24 except for one girl who was 21 and me, 17. those who were selected were all 24. there were 2 JAL flight stewardesses and 1 ex-MAS flight stewardess, didn`t pay attention to whether they were selected though.

the number of people they select depends, like some groups was 2 out of 10, some were 8 out of 10.

i think about 400 people turned up, almost the same amount of both genders.

good luck to everyone going tmr! do prepare for the self introduction! they may or may not set a topic for you to talk about. :D


hey xmischax!!!,

babe, im really happy that u went for d interview! at least u tried ur best n yes, u finally know the feel of it! lol. with gods blessings, u can try again nxt time! that is if u want. ) oh ya, any idea whens d next recruitment drive?man im hoping d next one will be b4 april..it be awesome..haha.anyways, u have a diploma cert ryte?

my bf's friends passed d first round n were qualified for d second round..there are 3 rounds altogether ryte?lol.nt sure! but ya..hopefully, they will get d job!! cheers to d rest..!!!


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest