Singapore Expats Forum

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
missmyhivy
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu, 21 Dec 2006

accomodation

Postby missmyhivy » Tue, 02 Jan 2007 6:37 pm

hi everyone...

can anybody suggest whereabout areas to stay so that it's going to be convenient to go to STC? I've gathered some info,some say Tampines,Simei,and of course Changi areas.But a cousin of mine suggested Xingang which has direct bus route as all mentioned areas do not have bus routes to STC. Any comments will be much appreciated!!!!

Oh one more...I checked rental fee from this forum,assume I must prepare $600-$800 approx if I share with other 2 girls.*sigh* just wondering...could i get cheaper ones? assume prices published in the internet would be higher than agents on spot.but anyway...all comments are very welcome!!!! heard also that we have to pay 3 months in advance when we agree to rent an apartment...gosh.....that's a lot of money :shock:

User avatar
M
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 857
Joined: Tue, 13 Sep 2005
Location: Singapore

Re: accomodation

Postby M » Tue, 02 Jan 2007 8:01 pm

missmyhivy wrote:hi everyone...

can anybody suggest whereabout areas to stay so that it's going to be convenient to go to STC? I've gathered some info,some say Tampines,Simei,and of course Changi areas.But a cousin of mine suggested Xingang which has direct bus route as all mentioned areas do not have bus routes to STC. Any comments will be much appreciated!!!!

Oh one more...I checked rental fee from this forum,assume I must prepare $600-$800 approx if I share with other 2 girls.*sigh* just wondering...could i get cheaper ones? assume prices published in the internet would be higher than agents on spot.but anyway...all comments are very welcome!!!! heard also that we have to pay 3 months in advance when we agree to rent an apartment...gosh.....that's a lot of money :shock:


tenah merah. it's about 15mins from where i'm living. bus 24 is direct and you just need to cross the road when you reach the stop opposite stc. :cool:

shirleytemple
Member
Member
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue, 02 Jan 2007

Postby shirleytemple » Tue, 02 Jan 2007 8:42 pm

missmyhivy wrote:
shirleytemple wrote:Hello... I'm new here. Excited yet nervous about the interviews this weekend. Not sure what to expect except that candidates are expected to be articulate and pleasant looking. From what I've read, it is recommended that the ladies dress in light colours. Drats... I was actually thinking of wearing black. Is there a particular reason why light colours are preferred? My hair is long and I do not intend to have it up for the interview. I have decided to go for a manicure on Fri. I guess in this interview, the first round is about presentation and presentation only. I hope I'm right! If I'm not, someone, please correct me. :)


In my own opinion,there's nothing wrong to wear dark suits.I wore white shirt,black pants and black blazer for the interview.I didn't even tie my hair.But I guess I was lucky to pass...As suggested by some girls here...Perhaps it's wise if you tie up your hair,you will look more professional then.It's basically about how you bring yourself gracefully and confidently.After all these waiting,I just realise that they pay each and every details of you from the time you enter the waiting room.It's a good idea to get yourself 'known' but don't make it too much (they might think ur attention seeker). Instead,smile all the time. As u might have known,its only about presenting urself in front of 2-3 interviewer.Make sure you impress them,how? From your appearance...ur manicure idea is great, put light make-ups, make urself as professional as u can.Then,when u speak,make sure u speak confidently..No giggling! Thus,u must prepare very well what you want to say. I hope u succeed!!!!


Thank you! I guess I should work on what I'm going to say to the panel.

Doors will open at 9a.m. What time are you ladies planning to arrive??

shirleytemple
Member
Member
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue, 02 Jan 2007

Postby shirleytemple » Tue, 02 Jan 2007 8:55 pm

missmyhivy,

Questions: How long did you have to wait before you got to the panel of interviewers?
What happened after that?
Are you already flying with SIA? :)

So many questions. Since you've already been there, you now possess a wealth of information. Thank you!!

koko77
Regular
Regular
Posts: 134
Joined: Thu, 13 Jul 2006
Contact:

Postby koko77 » Tue, 02 Jan 2007 10:42 pm

missmyhivy,

yeah man. I really can't imagine that 'scene'. It'd it hilarious. Yay. we're batchmates. I'll see you and cowie at STC on the 25th den.

I received the grooming standards as well. I recall I do have many office wear, but, there's alot of printed stuffs where they said that it's not allowed or not appropriate. Gonna spend money buying those business-attire man..

ha ha.

There's like 3 more weeks to go. But i'm feeling the anxiety now...

haha...

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 896
Joined: Mon, 25 Dec 2006
Location: Singapore

Postby xmischax » Tue, 02 Jan 2007 10:52 pm

shirleytemple wrote:missmyhivy,

Questions: How long did you have to wait before you got to the panel of interviewers?
What happened after that?
Are you already flying with SIA? :)

So many questions. Since you've already been there, you now possess a wealth of information. Thank you!!


she`s starting her training with cowie and koko77 on the 25th this month :)

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 896
Joined: Mon, 25 Dec 2006
Location: Singapore

Re: hello

Postby xmischax » Tue, 02 Jan 2007 10:54 pm

kristen wrote:
xmischax wrote:
kristen wrote:
xmischax wrote:
kristen wrote:Congrats to those who gt selected !!! : )) HAPPY flying & take good care!!

i have a question for those who got selected..are u guys able to speak foreign languages or experienced in customer service? i am really afraid because i do not know any foreign languages and have never worked in my life..for the exception of "holiday jobs"..like selling christmas cards n stuff..i be graduating in january..will only get my diploma cert in february..so i guess i'll work in some customer service line..i am very sure that the interviewers will ask questions like whether i have any knowledge in customer service..it be a total waste if i say NO..i am sure once i reply NO, they might nt be interested to continue with the interview...lol..cuz its stated clearly that PREFERENCE will be given to candidates who are able to speak foreign languages or are experienced in customer service..

THANKS alot, xmischax. thank you for the assurance. : ))


hello. ohh no problem, that was nothing :D

i can speak french, and i`ve been working in the customer service line since i graduated from sec sch in dec2005.

don`t worry so much, be confident in yourself and give it a try! they state that they prefer candidates who can speak foreign languages and are experienced in customer service, but they did not say that you have to fulfill that criteria. i`m sure not all stewardesses are able to speak foreign languages too, it`s just an advantage. so don`t worry so much, as long as you meet the minimun requirements, go for it! the more you worry, the less confident you are. and when it comes to interviews, confidence is very important. if you don`t even think that you yourself will make it, how can you convince the recruiters that you are the one they are looking for, right? :wink:


Wow..that is AWESOME!! u can speak french plus u have the knowledge in customer service..u go girl!! lol..im really happy for u..i mean at least u worked hard n got in! so that goes to show i can do it too! lol..i am going to take ur advice and stop worrying too much about the whole thing..its driving me Crazy. Oh true, CONFIDENCE is the secret......! shhhh..thanks, ya'll. : ))


heh i`m not in yet! i haven`t even went for any interview. i will when i am almost graduating from sp. (:

anyways, what cowie said was right. what`s the point of worrying for the 2nd interview when you haven`t even went for the 1st, right? take things one step at a time and just do your best. worrying will only make you more nervous. alright? :D


thanks a million! well, i guess i should put a stop to my uneccessary wories !..i really really hope that there be a recruitment drive in february!..goshh..it be awesome! at least, i be all set n ready..lol...thank alot peeps!! :))


you`re most welcome :D just go and do your thing! even if you`re not going for this interview, that`s alright, they`ll sure have more recruitments in future.

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 896
Joined: Mon, 25 Dec 2006
Location: Singapore

Postby xmischax » Tue, 02 Jan 2007 10:55 pm

missmyhivy wrote:cowie & koko77,
great! congrats for u girls as well! We're batchmates! See u at 25th then... :D have imagined the scenario on 25th as what koko said , "oh hi! are u cowie? i'm missmyhivy... :lol: :lol:

kristen,xmischax,corines,taurus19,easygoing...
thanks a lot! u girls going for interview this weekend? if so,just want to *jia yu*!!!!! wish to all good luck and perhaps meeting u all on-board? :wink:


no i`m not going! i`m going in 3 years time. lol

but yeahh, i wouldn`t mind being wished good luck :P i sure hope i`ll see you on board in future! :D

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 896
Joined: Mon, 25 Dec 2006
Location: Singapore

Re: accomodation

Postby xmischax » Tue, 02 Jan 2007 10:59 pm

missmyhivy wrote:hi everyone...

can anybody suggest whereabout areas to stay so that it's going to be convenient to go to STC? I've gathered some info,some say Tampines,Simei,and of course Changi areas.But a cousin of mine suggested Xingang which has direct bus route as all mentioned areas do not have bus routes to STC. Any comments will be much appreciated!!!!

Oh one more...I checked rental fee from this forum,assume I must prepare $600-$800 approx if I share with other 2 girls.*sigh* just wondering...could i get cheaper ones? assume prices published in the internet would be higher than agents on spot.but anyway...all comments are very welcome!!!! heard also that we have to pay 3 months in advance when we agree to rent an apartment...gosh.....that's a lot of money :shock:


where are you staying right now? why do you need to rent an apartment there? just wondering! :)

koko77
Regular
Regular
Posts: 134
Joined: Thu, 13 Jul 2006
Contact:

Postby koko77 » Tue, 02 Jan 2007 10:59 pm

xmischax

It's a pity that ur not going since you have potential knowledge abt what the interview process would be. But it's good in a way that you have plan ur future further.

Study hard and work towards ur dream.. rem i said... You're still young and perky. SIA would have many other recruitment that you can join in soon.

Hope to see you onboard one day.

Cheers

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 896
Joined: Mon, 25 Dec 2006
Location: Singapore

Postby xmischax » Tue, 02 Jan 2007 11:04 pm

koko77 wrote:xmischax

It's a pity that ur not going since you have potential knowledge abt what the interview process would be. But it's good in a way that you have plan ur future further.

Study hard and work towards ur dream.. rem i said... You're still young and perky. SIA would have many other recruitment that you can join in soon.

Hope to see you onboard one day.

Cheers


yeahh i know! but then i`ll be better prepared and all by then so i think that will i will have better chances then!

yupyup, i`ll work hard for sure. i`ll stick around to pick up tips! :P and i`ll work hard towards my dream! man, i have so much things planned to make myself the perfect candidate. so hopefully i`m good enough!

if i go on board one day, you`ll be the first i tell! heh

koko77
Regular
Regular
Posts: 134
Joined: Thu, 13 Jul 2006
Contact:

Postby koko77 » Tue, 02 Jan 2007 11:10 pm

xmischax

I do not noe how to explain to you. When i wanted to go. I comtemplated a hell lot. Cos' I didn't wanna waste my time.. so i missed interview after interview...

until i was totally prepared, (to fail) I went. And to my surprised, yeah. things went smoothly... I did preparation like no one did... I even memorised the script and make it sound so natural. Awww.. I was awesome. LOL.

Hey. Now study hard man. I hope one fine day, you could tell me that you got in!

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 896
Joined: Mon, 25 Dec 2006
Location: Singapore

Postby xmischax » Tue, 02 Jan 2007 11:37 pm

koko77 wrote:xmischax

I do not noe how to explain to you. When i wanted to go. I comtemplated a hell lot. Cos' I didn't wanna waste my time.. so i missed interview after interview...

until i was totally prepared, (to fail) I went. And to my surprised, yeah. things went smoothly... I did preparation like no one did... I even memorised the script and make it sound so natural. Awww.. I was awesome. LOL.

Hey. Now study hard man. I hope one fine day, you could tell me that you got in!



ohh! yeahh, to be honest, i`m struggling now - maybe i should go this weekend. but then again.. i don`t know! perhaps when i`m older, more matured and more prepared, it would be better? i`m pretty undecided still. ohh gosh!

raindrops
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon, 01 Jan 2007

Postby raindrops » Wed, 03 Jan 2007 12:24 am

xmischax wrote:
koko77 wrote:xmischax

I do not noe how to explain to you. When i wanted to go. I comtemplated a hell lot. Cos' I didn't wanna waste my time.. so i missed interview after interview...

until i was totally prepared, (to fail) I went. And to my surprised, yeah. things went smoothly... I did preparation like no one did... I even memorised the script and make it sound so natural. Awww.. I was awesome. LOL.

Hey. Now study hard man. I hope one fine day, you could tell me that you got in!



ohh! yeahh, to be honest, i`m struggling now - maybe i should go this weekend. but then again.. i don`t know! perhaps when i`m older, more matured and more prepared, it would be better? i`m pretty undecided still. ohh gosh!


Maybe if you got time, you should go. Then can be like an eye-opener of some sort. Call it the art of polishing the interview... perfectly. If you don't get in, you know what's it about cuz u already experienced it. Then again.. but if you do... hmmm...

:)

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 896
Joined: Mon, 25 Dec 2006
Location: Singapore

Postby xmischax » Wed, 03 Jan 2007 12:45 am

raindrops wrote:
xmischax wrote:
koko77 wrote:xmischax

I do not noe how to explain to you. When i wanted to go. I comtemplated a hell lot. Cos' I didn't wanna waste my time.. so i missed interview after interview...

until i was totally prepared, (to fail) I went. And to my surprised, yeah. things went smoothly... I did preparation like no one did... I even memorised the script and make it sound so natural. Awww.. I was awesome. LOL.

Hey. Now study hard man. I hope one fine day, you could tell me that you got in!



ohh! yeahh, to be honest, i`m struggling now - maybe i should go this weekend. but then again.. i don`t know! perhaps when i`m older, more matured and more prepared, it would be better? i`m pretty undecided still. ohh gosh!


Maybe if you got time, you should go. Then can be like an eye-opener of some sort. Call it the art of polishing the interview... perfectly. If you don't get in, you know what's it about cuz u already experienced it. Then again.. but if you do... hmmm...

:)


yeahh i agree. i`ll go for the experience and hope for the best, i guess!

so, who`s going on the 6th! lol


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest