Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Ms G

Post by Ms G » Tue, 26 Dec 2006 8:49 pm

Aww I can only make it on 6 Jan. Anyway, you gals can add me on MSN at [email protected]. We can perhaps discuss further there?

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter

Post by xmischax » Tue, 26 Dec 2006 9:30 pm

Ms G wrote:Aww I can only make it on 6 Jan. Anyway, you gals can add me on MSN at [email protected]. We can perhaps discuss further there?
i`ve added you :)

corines143
Chatter
Chatter

Post by corines143 » Tue, 26 Dec 2006 9:59 pm

well ive tried in nov but only one gal go thru during the 1st round and so that was it but it encouraged me to go again cos at least i experienced how everything was like.. i meant the queueing up .. then the watching of the video.. then the procedure of how its been done and what is expected... so i am excited to go thru this again!! c
SingaporeGIrl - I wanna fly!! hehe

jentay11

Post by jentay11 » Tue, 26 Dec 2006 10:23 pm

corines143 wrote:well ive tried in nov but only one gal go thru during the 1st round and so that was it but it encouraged me to go again cos at least i experienced how everything was like.. i meant the queueing up .. then the watching of the video.. then the procedure of how its been done and what is expected... so i am excited to go thru this again!! c
To all SIA-wannabe:

Good luck to all those going for the coming interview. Stay cool and i believe everything will be fine. To corines143, i have faith that u can do it this time. You gals rocks!

take care and keep everyone informed of the good news yea.

hullabaloo_girl

Post by hullabaloo_girl » Tue, 26 Dec 2006 10:37 pm

Jia, desijoey

could i go with you girls on the 2nd day?

koko77
Regular
Regular

Post by koko77 » Tue, 26 Dec 2006 10:53 pm

missmyhivy

nope. I haven't got mine as well. But I'm just looking out for my email since Mary said she's gonna send me a mail stating the date and time to sign the contract. Hiaks. Anyway there's a mth to go before training. I guess, they should inform us 2 weeks before training commences.

See you.

koko77
Regular
Regular

Post by koko77 » Tue, 26 Dec 2006 11:01 pm

xmischax

I have no doubts abt the smiling part. But being a stewardess is not just abt smiling. You have to be very natural and yourself. See what I mean?

The 'safe' attire to wear attending the interview is something elegant and classic. I would say try not to wear something flamboyant, althou it's not very much abt appearance. But having a loud appearance can be misleading as disrespectful. it's always best to dress in neutral or pastel colour for interview. And IF it's a monday. Dress something light. You noe, monday blues...

Just a simple top with a knee length skirt with heels, go prim and proper. Blazer is optional. I rem way back when i went for my interview, i dyed my hair black. (hint: wear studs, diamante or diamond or pearl) Be very elegant and classic in ur dressing.

Practise ur speech and seperate ur words. Make sure you pronounce ur speech fluently. And if you stutter, dun try to sneak away by speaking even faster. Pause, and say it again.

You have to do ur homework if you really want this job.

Hope ur dream come true.

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter

Post by xmischax » Tue, 26 Dec 2006 11:10 pm

koko77 wrote:xmischax

I have no doubts abt the smiling part. But being a stewardess is not just abt smiling. You have to be very natural and yourself. See what I mean?

The 'safe' attire to wear attending the interview is something elegant and classic. I would say try not to wear something flamboyant, althou it's not very much abt appearance. But having a loud appearance can be misleading as disrespectful. it's always best to dress in neutral or pastel colour for interview. And IF it's a monday. Dress something light. You noe, monday blues...

Just a simple top with a knee length skirt with heels, go prim and proper. Blazer is optional. I rem way back when i went for my interview, i dyed my hair black. (hint: wear studs, diamante or diamond or pearl) Be very elegant and classic in ur dressing.

Practise ur speech and seperate ur words. Make sure you pronounce ur speech fluently. And if you stutter, dun try to sneak away by speaking even faster. Pause, and say it again.

You have to do ur homework if you really want this job.

Hope ur dream come true.
yeahh i know what you mean, thanks! you`ve been a great help all along and i appreciate all the pointers you gave :D

Jia

Post by Jia » Tue, 26 Dec 2006 11:18 pm

hullabaloo_girl wrote:Jia, desijoey

could i go with you girls on the 2nd day?

sure PM me.

koko77
Regular
Regular

Post by koko77 » Tue, 26 Dec 2006 11:23 pm

xmischax

No prob, ur most welcome. Stay calm and be articulate with what u wanna say. Go with a calm heart, thou it's really hard not to control that adrenaline rush. Chill~!

have fun and good luck.

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter

Post by xmischax » Tue, 26 Dec 2006 11:32 pm

No prob, ur most welcome. Stay calm and be articulate with what u wanna say. Go with a calm heart, thou it's really hard not to control that adrenaline rush. Chill~!

have fun and good luck.
lol i know! i`ve been doing homework for this, so hopefully all goes well. :D

corines143
Chatter
Chatter

Post by corines143 » Tue, 26 Dec 2006 11:34 pm

yes true.. you have to be really calm.. cos when its your turn to speak up.. you will feel soooo anxious and you feel like you just want to get it over with.. My advise is just be yourself. speak slowly and be in control of your words.. be natural and dont be afraid.. cos once you get worried and scared.. you will really be nervous and then you are bound to lose that calmness in you. hehehe

It is really Funnn though BUT try to really just remain CALM and COOL. look straight at the interviewers is best and Just be natural .. Keep smiling sweetly.like as if you are talking to a friend.... be natural.. thats the key!!

koko77
Regular
Regular

Post by koko77 » Tue, 26 Dec 2006 11:47 pm

xmischax

You have to.. You noe hundred and thousands of people been wanting and some dying for this job. You have to stand out from the crowd, as in intellectually. You were talking abt the weight loss? I mean if u're not that serious it's fine.Make sure u whack ur way into the 2nd round and choose the most body flattering kebaya you can find. Wearing loose kebaya will only slim ur chance.

During my interview for the 3rd round, I was asked abt the latest news of SIA for the past one week. Ok, honestly own up if you don't know. Don't sneak ur way thru. So i suggest that, you read more newspaper, articles, aviations.

This is what I went thru and I did alot of hmwork, and my effort paid off. I got in the 1st try.

I hope my advices and information can help you and the rest. Stay focused~!

.....weeeeeeee

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter

Post by xmischax » Wed, 27 Dec 2006 12:38 am

You have to.. You noe hundred and thousands of people been wanting and some dying for this job. You have to stand out from the crowd, as in intellectually. You were talking abt the weight loss? I mean if u're not that serious it's fine.Make sure u whack ur way into the 2nd round and choose the most body flattering kebaya you can find. Wearing loose kebaya will only slim ur chance.

During my interview for the 3rd round, I was asked abt the latest news of SIA for the past one week. Ok, honestly own up if you don't know. Don't sneak ur way thru. So i suggest that, you read more newspaper, articles, aviations.

This is what I went thru and I did alot of hmwork, and my effort paid off. I got in the 1st try.

I hope my advices and information can help you and the rest. Stay focused~!

.....weeeeeeee
oooh of course! you help a lot, a lot. thanks for sharing! i know what i should do now :D

about the weight issue, i am the type that looks heavier than i weigh because i have the voluptuous type of body.. that`s why i wanna lose weight cos i look heavier than i weigh!

that`s why i was asking about their standard of proportionate..

corines143
Chatter
Chatter

Post by corines143 » Wed, 27 Dec 2006 12:41 am

what is your height and weight anyway?