Singapore Expats Forum

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
lynn01

Re: Silkair opportunities

Postby lynn01 » Thu, 19 May 2005 1:38 am

GELLY wrote:Hi Lynn01, Thanx for your invaluable info...Im already 28 years old...Guess I will give SIA and Silkair a try before I turn 29...
:P I haven't tried Sia or Silkair...I have only started to apply actively this year...I have gone to emirates and British airways...In the meantime, while waiting for the next recruitment, I will continue to improve and upgrade myself...By the way, do you know the qualifications of a silkair cabin crew?


Keep your dream alive 8)

lynn01 wrote:hi,


yup, my friend's cousin is 40 years old now. because she look young, doesn't look like 40 years old at all, she look like in her early 30s. maybe that why's she can still fly. but she is going to retire soon because she has a family to take care of.

and as for keisha questions. the age limit that SIA and silkair stated in their recruitment: age 25,
they are for the foreign crew. foreign stewardesses need to be 25 and below.

but for local stewardesses , the age is up to 29 years old. unless they decided to change their age limit for the current intake, i am pretty sure local stewardess age limit is 29 years old.

if not, you can email them and ask them the age limit since they do not put the age limit out in their local stewardess recruitment.

i know people who are being recruited as stewardess, age, 26, 27 and 28.

so for those who are out there who are age 26-29, no harm trying.

all the best! :)


hi gelly,

the recruitment for silkair stewardess is out, so give it a try. i think the qualification is a bit lower than SIA. but now, they have change their application, instead of the walk-in interview at hotel this jan 2005, now they are following SIA, got to write.

so give it a try, and for those who are 157cm, can also give it a try, who knows, u might get in since there some lucky stewardess who are 157cm, flying with SIA and silkair.

good luck!

lynn01

Re: Silkair opportunities

Postby lynn01 » Thu, 19 May 2005 1:46 am

Elaine wrote:
Anonymous wrote:Qatar also employs Singaporeans

GELLY wrote:Hi Lynn01, Thanx for your invaluable info...Im already 28 years old...Guess I will give SIA and Silkair a try before I turn 29...
:P I haven't tried Sia or Silkair...I have only started to apply actively this year...I have gone to emirates and British airways...In the meantime, while waiting for the next recruitment, I will continue to improve and upgrade myself...By the way, do you know the qualifications of a silkair cabin crew?


Keep your dream alive 8)

lynn01 wrote:hi,


yup, my friend's cousin is 40 years old now. because she look young, doesn't look like 40 years old at all, she look like in her early 30s. maybe that why's she can still fly. but she is going to retire soon because she has a family to take care of.

and as for keisha questions. the age limit that SIA and silkair stated in their recruitment: age 25,
they are for the foreign crew. foreign stewardesses need to be 25 and below.

but for local stewardesses , the age is up to 29 years old. unless they decided to change their age limit for the current intake, i am pretty sure local stewardess age limit is 29 years old.

if not, you can email them and ask them the age limit since they do not put the age limit out in their local stewardess recruitment.

i know people who are being recruited as stewardess, age, 26, 27 and 28.

so for those who are out there who are age 26-29, no harm trying.

all the best! :)


Hi Lynn01,

I am Elaine. I have been flying for JAL for 5 years. I am 32 this year already. Thought of joining SIA. Do u think i stand a chance because of my experience?

Thanks.


hi elaine,

i am not sure about whether SIA does employ stewardess your age but with valuable experiences. you just give it a try, and remember to state your 5 years of flying with JAL, that is an impt piece of info for them.

perharps, if you got in, u might have a shorter probation period or shorter bond or shorter contract. i am really not too sure about it.

i suppose u don't look like your age? cos my friend tried for JAL, but couldn't get in. she was 26. and some of her friends told her that JAL dun employ girls who are age 24 and above. so if you look younger than your age, plus your experiences, SIA might employ you.

like what always said, just give it a try, you never know what will happen. =)

Guest

Postby Guest » Thu, 19 May 2005 2:07 am

who has been to silkair interviews,don't mind share the experience here!thanks!

Jani

Re: Silkair opportunities

Postby Jani » Thu, 19 May 2005 4:41 am

Elaine wrote:
Anonymous wrote:Qatar also employs Singaporeans

GELLY wrote:Hi Lynn01, Thanx for your invaluable info...Im already 28 years old...Guess I will give SIA and Silkair a try before I turn 29...
:P I haven't tried Sia or Silkair...I have only started to apply actively this year...I have gone to emirates and British airways...In the meantime, while waiting for the next recruitment, I will continue to improve and upgrade myself...By the way, do you know the qualifications of a silkair cabin crew?


Keep your dream alive 8)

lynn01 wrote:hi,


yup, my friend's cousin is 40 years old now. because she look young, doesn't look like 40 years old at all, she look like in her early 30s. maybe that why's she can still fly. but she is going to retire soon because she has a family to take care of.

and as for keisha questions. the age limit that SIA and silkair stated in their recruitment: age 25,
they are for the foreign crew. foreign stewardesses need to be 25 and below.

but for local stewardesses , the age is up to 29 years old. unless they decided to change their age limit for the current intake, i am pretty sure local stewardess age limit is 29 years old.

if not, you can email them and ask them the age limit since they do not put the age limit out in their local stewardess recruitment.

i know people who are being recruited as stewardess, age, 26, 27 and 28.

so for those who are out there who are age 26-29, no harm trying.

all the best! :)


Hi Lynn01,

I am Elaine. I have been flying for JAL for 5 years. I am 32 this year already. Thought of joining SIA. Do u think i stand a chance because of my experience?

Thanks.


Hi Elaine,
you said that you are 32 this year and have been flying with JAL for 5 years. so which means that you joined JAL when you are 27. i wanted to apply for JAL last year, was 25, but my friend told me that JAL recruits flight attendent age below 25. so i gave it a miss.

so they do employ girls above age 25? and do you have any prior customer services before joining JAL and do you know japanese language too?

thanks a lot in advance.

Elaine

Re: Silkair opportunities

Postby Elaine » Thu, 19 May 2005 10:05 am

Jani wrote:
Elaine wrote:
Anonymous wrote:Qatar also employs Singaporeans

GELLY wrote:Hi Lynn01, Thanx for your invaluable info...Im already 28 years old...Guess I will give SIA and Silkair a try before I turn 29...
:P I haven't tried Sia or Silkair...I have only started to apply actively this year...I have gone to emirates and British airways...In the meantime, while waiting for the next recruitment, I will continue to improve and upgrade myself...By the way, do you know the qualifications of a silkair cabin crew?


Keep your dream alive 8)

lynn01 wrote:hi,


yup, my friend's cousin is 40 years old now. because she look young, doesn't look like 40 years old at all, she look like in her early 30s. maybe that why's she can still fly. but she is going to retire soon because she has a family to take care of.

and as for keisha questions. the age limit that SIA and silkair stated in their recruitment: age 25,
they are for the foreign crew. foreign stewardesses need to be 25 and below.

but for local stewardesses , the age is up to 29 years old. unless they decided to change their age limit for the current intake, i am pretty sure local stewardess age limit is 29 years old.

if not, you can email them and ask them the age limit since they do not put the age limit out in their local stewardess recruitment.

i know people who are being recruited as stewardess, age, 26, 27 and 28.

so for those who are out there who are age 26-29, no harm trying.

all the best! :)


Hi Lynn01,

I am Elaine. I have been flying for JAL for 5 years. I am 32 this year already. Thought of joining SIA. Do u think i stand a chance because of my experience?

Thanks.


Hi Elaine,
you said that you are 32 this year and have been flying with JAL for 5 years. so which means that you joined JAL when you are 27. i wanted to apply for JAL last year, was 25, but my friend told me that JAL recruits flight attendent age below 25. so i gave it a miss.

so they do employ girls above age 25? and do you have any prior customer services before joining JAL and do you know japanese language too?

thanks a lot in advance.


Hi Jani..

Yes JAL do employ girls of age 25 and above.

Just like SIA, they have an age restriction of up to 25 for foreigners and up to 29 or 30 for Japan citizens.

My mum is a Japanese, so I am so-called a mix blood child.

Yes, when I joined JAL I was about 26/27. I stopped flying with them last December because my whole family coming over to Singapore fo a very long stay with my aunt.

Keisha

SilkAir Flight Stewardess (Age Requirement)

Postby Keisha » Thu, 19 May 2005 10:58 am

i dropped an email to SilkAir asking them about their age requirement with regards to their current recruitment drive. with regards to what age range of girls they select.

however, there has been no reply from them. can anyone try emailing them please?

rpammi

Postby rpammi » Thu, 19 May 2005 11:43 am

hey pl. im 28,but married.. do u think maried ones can apply ? I have a friend who has a child,, dunt they take in mumies? lol ..worse cum to worse what abt valuair or ttiger airways...

Keisha

Postby Keisha » Thu, 19 May 2005 11:55 am

rpammi wrote:hey pl. im 28,but married.. do u think maried ones can apply ? I have a friend who has a child,, dunt they take in mumies? lol ..worse cum to worse what abt valuair or ttiger airways...


hi. you have to be single to form part of the cabin crew. not just SIA. any airlines. in fact, this is one of their criteria.

Keisha

Postby Keisha » Thu, 19 May 2005 11:59 am

so, anyone has received any acknowledgement from silkair yet? or any replies from them? regarding your interviews or whatsoever? i wish i knew what age range does silkair employ their girls?

i am 25 this year. still 24+ now. does silkair recruit any girls aged 25 and above? for singaporeans?

Guest

Postby Guest » Thu, 19 May 2005 1:00 pm

Some of u sound realli desperate to be a flight attendant. Wat for? Flying is not forever. My bro is a SIA pilot and the wife is a SIA stewardess. 2 kids of theirs is left alone wif my parents. The kids are so poorthing. Both of them always thought of quitting their job to be together living as a family. But they are unable to find employment elsewhere becos' they got no other experiences.... Relationship between the wife & husband is also not so gd... SO for those who wan to be air stewardess, give a thought for your bf, family, and love ones. R u realli sure that u wan them to worry for u? Although benefits seems great, but if you were to view it in a long term... You sacrifice lots of precious time wif your love one. Time is something which $$ cant buy. Do make a wise choice. There r lots of better jobs out there.
U can go for hotel, F&B or services too. Get to meet ppl from different countries too. My 2nd sis is in the hotel line. She has got a place in SIA previously, but rejected it. She starts as a Customer Service Officer in a 5 star Hotel with basic pay. But now, she is a PR Manager with 5 digit income pay in just 5 yrs. Now she get to travel around the world wif her husband and kids every yr. Enjoying those loving days wif her husband and kids everyday. Isnt this we are all looking for? Lucky for her, she has make a wise decision. Now my bro & sis are still struggling hard to maintain a family. Sad....

Guest

Postby Guest » Thu, 19 May 2005 1:08 pm

Is there anyone currently working in Silk Air who is kind enough to advise what are the renumeration of Silk Air like? The requirement is only "0" and "N" Level. Does that mean Uni Graduate will less likely be considered? As compared to SIA, is the basic comparatively much lower (with the relaxed criteria) and allowances also lower considering SilkAir does not fly to European countries? If I am not wrong, the allowances in SIA for each trip is dependent on the country you fly to and the duration. However, SilkAir only fly regional.... Meaning significantly alot less for allowance? SIA gals can fetch ard $3,500 p.m. What abt SilkAir?

guest00

Postby guest00 » Thu, 19 May 2005 1:51 pm

Anonymous wrote:Is there anyone currently working in Silk Air who is kind enough to advise what are the renumeration of Silk Air like? The requirement is only "0" and "N" Level. Does that mean Uni Graduate will less likely be considered? As compared to SIA, is the basic comparatively much lower (with the relaxed criteria) and allowances also lower considering SilkAir does not fly to European countries? If I am not wrong, the allowances in SIA for each trip is dependent on the country you fly to and the duration. However, SilkAir only fly regional.... Meaning significantly alot less for allowance? SIA gals can fetch ard $3,500 p.m. What abt SilkAir?


Anonymous wrote:Is there anyone currently working in Silk Air who is kind enough to advise what are the renumeration of Silk Air like? The requirement is only "0" and "N" Level. Does that mean Uni Graduate will less likely be considered? As compared to SIA, is the basic comparatively much lower (with the relaxed criteria) and allowances also lower considering SilkAir does not fly to European countries? If I am not wrong, the allowances in SIA for each trip is dependent on the country you fly to and the duration. However, SilkAir only fly regional.... Meaning significantly alot less for allowance? SIA gals can fetch ard $3,500 p.m. What abt SilkAir?


Hi,
I had recently became interested in being a cabin crew since it allows me to travel around. And Silkair is the first one that is recruiting right now.
So as an average, how much could one get as a monthly salary for silkair?
Do you think someone with a first class hons and a current monthly pay of S$2500 should apply? I am in a dilema as i am being offered a scholarship to do my phd. Someone pls advise.
Ta.

guest00

Postby guest00 » Thu, 19 May 2005 1:57 pm

Anonymous wrote:Is there anyone currently working in Silk Air who is kind enough to advise what are the renumeration of Silk Air like? The requirement is only "0" and "N" Level. Does that mean Uni Graduate will less likely be considered? As compared to SIA, is the basic comparatively much lower (with the relaxed criteria) and allowances also lower considering SilkAir does not fly to European countries? If I am not wrong, the allowances in SIA for each trip is dependent on the country you fly to and the duration. However, SilkAir only fly regional.... Meaning significantly alot less for allowance? SIA gals can fetch ard $3,500 p.m. What abt SilkAir?


Anonymous wrote:Is there anyone currently working in Silk Air who is kind enough to advise what are the renumeration of Silk Air like? The requirement is only "0" and "N" Level. Does that mean Uni Graduate will less likely be considered? As compared to SIA, is the basic comparatively much lower (with the relaxed criteria) and allowances also lower considering SilkAir does not fly to European countries? If I am not wrong, the allowances in SIA for each trip is dependent on the country you fly to and the duration. However, SilkAir only fly regional.... Meaning significantly alot less for allowance? SIA gals can fetch ard $3,500 p.m. What abt SilkAir?


Hi,
I had recently became interested in being a cabin crew since it allows me to travel around. And Silkair is the first one that is recruiting right now.
So as an average, how much could one get as a monthly salary for silkair?
Do you think someone with a first class hons and a current monthly pay of S$2500 should apply? I am in a dilema as i am being offered a scholarship to do my phd. Someone pls advise.
Ta.

User avatar
Plavt
Director
Director
Posts: 4290
Joined: Wed, 18 May 2005
Location: United Kingdom

Marital Status

Postby Plavt » Thu, 19 May 2005 1:58 pm

Keisha wrote:
rpammi wrote:hey pl. im 28,but married.. do u think maried ones can apply ? I have a friend who has a child,, dunt they take in mumies? lol ..worse cum to worse what abt valuair or ttiger airways...


hi. you have to be single to form part of the cabin crew. not just SIA. any airlines. in fact, this is one of their criteria.

User avatar
Plavt
Director
Director
Posts: 4290
Joined: Wed, 18 May 2005
Location: United Kingdom

Martial Status.

Postby Plavt » Thu, 19 May 2005 2:03 pm

Hi Keisha,
Just to let you know you do not havet be single to be Cabin Crew although I haven't seen SIA's citeria, I do know that some of ValuAir's cabin crew were married from the airline's inauguration.

Best of luck.


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest