Singapore Expats Forum

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
ecoli
Member
Member
Posts: 36
Joined: Mon, 27 Nov 2006
Location: Singapore

Postby ecoli » Wed, 29 Nov 2006 3:25 am

caryn wrote:Yup, same problem here too.. no information about their bonds / pension scheme.. Anyone has information about this??

qinggx wrote:Hey,

I would like to know how many years of bond do we need to sign? Couldn't find any info in SIA website.


caryn wrote:Hi hi.. does anyone know whether SIA has any pension scheme at the end of the contract?? Cos according to what i read from Emirate's website, they pay a pension (but don't know much!!) upon completion of a 3-yr contract. Would like to know if SIA has such benefits as well.

Heard that SIA has a 1-yr, 3-yr and 5-yr contract. Is that true? Is the minimum contract term 1 yr or more? Can the ladies, after graduation/training, actually decide how many years' contract they want to sign or they don't have a choice? :?

Any ex / current SQ or anyone who has an answer to the above questions?? :)


i am ex sq girl... the contract is 18months.. during my days are 12 months.. that includes training period...
jess

chai ching
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 443
Joined: Mon, 06 Feb 2006
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby chai ching » Wed, 29 Nov 2006 12:36 pm

Hi Ecoli,

Saw you post your reply here in this forum. Sorry. Just curious and many questions to ask you. Hope you dont mind it at all. When did you join in SIA and how long have you quit? Whats the reason for you to quit? Is it good to be a SIA stewardess? How i wish that i can be also same like to to join in as SIA stewardess? I have been always keen of joining and becoming one of SIA group families.

But i know that their requirements are looking for either 'O' levels or diploma. This is the problem that i cant do it and without both of these two. I have been envious of SIA. Their uniform and everything that i like.



Regards
Joanna

ecoli wrote:
caryn wrote:Yup, same problem here too.. no information about their bonds / pension scheme.. Anyone has information about this??

qinggx wrote:Hey,

I would like to know how many years of bond do we need to sign? Couldn't find any info in SIA website.


caryn wrote:Hi hi.. does anyone know whether SIA has any pension scheme at the end of the contract?? Cos according to what i read from Emirate's website, they pay a pension (but don't know much!!) upon completion of a 3-yr contract. Would like to know if SIA has such benefits as well.

Heard that SIA has a 1-yr, 3-yr and 5-yr contract. Is that true? Is the minimum contract term 1 yr or more? Can the ladies, after graduation/training, actually decide how many years' contract they want to sign or they don't have a choice? :?

Any ex / current SQ or anyone who has an answer to the above questions?? :)


i am ex sq girl... the contract is 18months.. during my days are 12 months.. that includes training period...

User avatar
caryn
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon, 20 Nov 2006
Location: Singapore, hougang

Postby caryn » Wed, 29 Nov 2006 4:42 pm

Hi ecoli,

thanks for the reply! Do SQ girls get any pension (like a lump sum of $$$) after the 18mth contract?

ecoli wrote:
i am ex sq girl... the contract is 18months.. during my days are 12 months.. that includes training period...
Patience and perseverence have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.

User avatar
caryn
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon, 20 Nov 2006
Location: Singapore, hougang

Postby caryn » Wed, 29 Nov 2006 4:46 pm

Hi Joanna,

do u have ur N' Level qualifications then?? Cos if u have, u can try Emirates. It isn't that bad an airline compared to SIA.... (in my opinion) :)

chai ching wrote:Hi Ecoli,

But i know that their requirements are looking for either 'O' levels or diploma. This is the problem that i cant do it and without both of these two.

Regards
Joanna

Patience and perseverence have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.

p3i86
Member
Member
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon, 25 Jul 2005

Postby p3i86 » Wed, 29 Nov 2006 11:06 pm

How about for students from Ngee Ann Polytechnic?...any idea will there be one for us too?



NS~KBH wrote:Guys and girls from singapore, please read this and attend this if you are really desperate for the job.

SIA Cabin Crew Career/Recruitment Talk
29 November 2006



CAREER TALK
SIA will be giving a Cabin Crew Career Talk in Singapore Polytechnic on 29 November 2006 at LT 7.

Interested students are invited to attend either:
Session A: 3.30pm - 4.30pm or
Session B: 4.30pm - 5.30pm



INTERVIEWS
We will also be conducting interviews for Flight Stewardess/ Steward in Singapore Polytechnic. If you meet the following standards, we will be pleased to meet you.

Requirements

Graduating from Singapore Polytechnic in 2007
Singapore or Malaysian citizenship
Females who are at least 1.58m; males who are at least 1.65m in height
Completed, are exempted from, or are not liable for National Service.


Preference will be given to candidates who are able to speak foreign languages or are experienced in customer service.

Training

If you make it through our rigorous selection process, you will undergo about 4 months' training. On successful completion of training you will commence flying duties.

Remuneration & Service Benefits

Apart from the opportunity to experience various cultures and meet new people from around the world, you can look forward to a total income of about S$3,500 a month, including fixed salary and variable incentive allowances. Plus an annual wage supplement of one month's basic salary and profit-sharing bonus. You will also be entitled to free travel to any SIA destination once a year and enjoy discounted travel at other times.



APPLICATION DETAILS
If you measure up to our requirements and are interested to apply, please download and complete the application form.

Please bring the completed application form, your original birth and educational certificates, identity card, and a passport-sized photograph along for registration between 3pm and 5pm at Moberly Block (Ground Floor - Relax @Moberly).

Interviews will be conducted on 29 November 2006 at:
Meeting Rooms Level 1 & Level 2, Moberly Block.

jsamills
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri, 28 Oct 2005

Postby jsamills » Thu, 30 Nov 2006 1:12 am

the purpose of checking the legs and hands is to see whether you have any scars is really to see if the appliant have self induced cuts which makes them consider whether the he/she has a healthy mental state

KiNKyNess
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun, 17 Sep 2006

Reapply?

Postby KiNKyNess » Thu, 30 Nov 2006 3:47 am

Does anyone know how long it takes before we can actually reapply for the position again? Like for example, Cathay wouldn't let anyone reapply till 6 months after the first application. Is it the same for SIA? Thanks!

chai ching
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 443
Joined: Mon, 06 Feb 2006
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby chai ching » Thu, 30 Nov 2006 8:43 am

Hi Caryn,

yup i do have an 'N' level cert with me. You are right also. I know that Emirates that their qualifications just only need 'N' level. But Emirates is such a good airline. Before that, i didnt even know that Emirates requirement and their qualifications are.

But now i know already. Did also ever try Emirates before. But dont know the reason also why i didnt get select. Not even once. Mostly first round interview in a group session, always not select.

caryn wrote:Hi Joanna,

do u have ur N' Level qualifications then?? Cos if u have, u can try Emirates. It isn't that bad an airline compared to SIA.... (in my opinion) :)

chai ching wrote:Hi Ecoli,

But i know that their requirements are looking for either 'O' levels or diploma. This is the problem that i cant do it and without both of these two.

Regards
Joanna


Sequoia
Member
Member
Posts: 22
Joined: Fri, 24 Nov 2006

Postby Sequoia » Thu, 30 Nov 2006 10:19 am

QuietStorm wrote:hi guys!!! those goin for e steward interview, do u guys hav min dip?

Hi Storm i got ur PM. can u please PM me your e-mail address so i can email u cos i can't PM.. not enough posts to my name yet.

THanks!
Me wanna fly high!

QuietStorm
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu, 02 Mar 2006
Location: "Little Thailand"
Contact:

Postby QuietStorm » Thu, 30 Nov 2006 2:28 pm

Hi Sequoia!!! i hav PM u my email add...

cheers!!!
Humans make mistakes, but they make silly mistakes...

qinggx
Member
Member
Posts: 22
Joined: Sun, 26 Nov 2006

Postby qinggx » Thu, 30 Nov 2006 3:00 pm

Hi ecoli,

Thanks for the reply! =)

onee
Member
Member
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu, 30 Nov 2006

do SQ conduct interviews in all the polytechnics in spore?

Postby onee » Thu, 30 Nov 2006 7:32 pm

hi guys and gurls out there!

i was just wondering do SQ conduct interviews at all e polytechnics in spore??

cos i remembered SQ conducted in ngee ann and singapore poly recently.
how about e others? like temasek and republic / nanyang?

ands whats e frequency?

thanks for answering!! =))

p3i86
Member
Member
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon, 25 Jul 2005

Re: do SQ conduct interviews in all the polytechnics in spor

Postby p3i86 » Fri, 01 Dec 2006 12:38 am

oh my god when was it held for Ngee Ann poly?

onee wrote:hi guys and gurls out there!

i was just wondering do SQ conduct interviews at all e polytechnics in spore??

cos i remembered SQ conducted in ngee ann and singapore poly recently.
how about e others? like temasek and republic / nanyang?

ands whats e frequency?

thanks for answering!! =))

ladexxie
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri, 01 Dec 2006

medical check up

Postby ladexxie » Fri, 01 Dec 2006 8:11 pm

hey all I need help here... .
Cuz my PES status in NS is C, will that really affect my chances of getting the job. Anyway, I downgraded was due to back problems like that of a so-called slipped disc. But it wasn't really that serious and honestly (the medical prob) was just for the plain fact to escape from NS. Can I tell that to the doctor whom might be doing my medical profile?

onee
Member
Member
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu, 30 Nov 2006

Re: do SQ conduct interviews in all the polytechnics in spor

Postby onee » Sat, 02 Dec 2006 12:05 am

p3i86 wrote:oh my god when was it held for Ngee Ann poly?

onee wrote:hi guys and gurls out there!

i was just wondering do SQ conduct interviews at all e polytechnics in spore??

cos i remembered SQ conducted in ngee ann and singapore poly recently.
how about e others? like temasek and republic / nanyang?

ands whats e frequency?

thanks for answering!! =))



i tink there is. u look @ some pages just above it. i tink 2 or 3 pgs before this pg. theres is a interview for cabin crew @ ngee ann and also a cabin crew talk for graduating pupils.
haha


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests