Singapore Expats Forum

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
eclipse
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu, 23 Nov 2006
Location: Singapore

Postby eclipse » Thu, 23 Nov 2006 7:21 pm

mictan86 wrote:Hello guys!

I went for the swim test this morning, thankfully everything went smoothly. There are some changes though. There will not be a computer test or Tea Reception. Saving time here.

Then, they mentioned that the next recruitment would be 6 and 7 Jan 07. Look out for the Advertisement in late Dec 06.

And! Malaysian applicants don't need to travel to Spore already, because they will hold a recruitment drive in KL. India as well =)

Hope this helps you guys/gals!

Cheers! :D


Hi mictan86! which walk-in interview u went? I did my water confidence test last wednesday.. and my walk in interview was on 12nov06..

mictan86
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun, 05 Nov 2006

Postby mictan86 » Thu, 23 Nov 2006 10:32 pm

eclipse wrote:
mictan86 wrote:Hello guys!

I went for the swim test this morning, thankfully everything went smoothly. There are some changes though. There will not be a computer test or Tea Reception. Saving time here.

Then, they mentioned that the next recruitment would be 6 and 7 Jan 07. Look out for the Advertisement in late Dec 06.

And! Malaysian applicants don't need to travel to Spore already, because they will hold a recruitment drive in KL. India as well =)

Hope this helps you guys/gals!

Cheers! :D


Hi mictan86! which walk-in interview u went? I did my water confidence test last wednesday.. and my walk in interview was on 12nov06..


Hello everyone! thank you for your blessings! but there's one more interview to pass.. hope everything goes well =)

I went for the one on 12 Nov 06 too.. mayb bcos i was there earlier? so i had my swim test on 22nd nov..

Its a simple test actually.. just jump off den kick backwards.. not counted as backstroke.. basically it is just doing the breaststroke kicking with you floating on your back.. you don't have to use your hands to swing like swimming backstroke..

when jumping off, hold on tightly to you life vest.. then plunge STRAIGHT down.. i learnt it when i went scuba diving.. dont bend or whatsoever.. Look straight ahead.. look at the walls at the other end of the pool..den jump.. keep your whole body straight.. then before you know it! Hahaha.. you're having alot of fun! :D

leftfoot
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri, 17 Nov 2006
Location: Singapore

Postby leftfoot » Fri, 24 Nov 2006 12:08 am

mictan86 wrote:
eclipse wrote:
mictan86 wrote:Hello guys!

I went for the swim test this morning, thankfully everything went smoothly. There are some changes though. There will not be a computer test or Tea Reception. Saving time here.

Then, they mentioned that the next recruitment would be 6 and 7 Jan 07. Look out for the Advertisement in late Dec 06.

And! Malaysian applicants don't need to travel to Spore already, because they will hold a recruitment drive in KL. India as well =)

Hope this helps you guys/gals!

Cheers! :D





Hi mictan86! which walk-in interview u went? I did my water confidence test last wednesday.. and my walk in interview was on 12nov06..


Hello everyone! thank you for your blessings! but there's one more interview to pass.. hope everything goes well =)

I went for the one on 12 Nov 06 too.. mayb bcos i was there earlier? so i had my swim test on 22nd nov..

Its a simple test actually.. just jump off den kick backwards.. not counted as backstroke.. basically it is just doing the breaststroke kicking with you floating on your back.. you don't have to use your hands to swing like swimming backstroke..

when jumping off, hold on tightly to you life vest.. then plunge STRAIGHT down.. i learnt it when i went scuba diving.. dont bend or whatsoever.. Look straight ahead.. look at the walls at the other end of the pool..den jump.. keep your whole body straight.. then before you know it! Hahaha.. you're having alot of fun! :D



Wow, that's sounds fun.. anyway, can i ask if there's anyone who wore boardshorts? wad did u wear becos i was tinking of wearin a boardshort..

mictan86
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun, 05 Nov 2006

Postby mictan86 » Fri, 24 Nov 2006 12:16 am

there were ppl who wore boardshorts..

but.. after e swim when e interviewers ask u to cat walk to them to inspect u.. they will ask u to pull up ur shorts..

Hope that suffices..

leftfoot
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri, 17 Nov 2006
Location: Singapore

Postby leftfoot » Fri, 24 Nov 2006 12:19 am

mictan86 wrote:there were ppl who wore boardshorts..

but.. after e swim when e interviewers ask u to cat walk to them to inspect u.. they will ask u to pull up ur shorts..

Hope that suffices..


Oh okie.. But those in boardshorts, did they made it?? So when's ur next round? Its the management round rite??

User avatar
Plavt
Director
Director
Posts: 4290
Joined: Wed, 18 May 2005
Location: United Kingdom

Postby Plavt » Fri, 24 Nov 2006 12:25 am

mictan86 wrote:there were ppl who wore boardshorts..

but.. after e swim when e interviewers ask u to cat walk to them to inspect u.. they will ask u to pull up ur shorts..

Hope that suffices..



What purpose does this serve? :o I have asked this question before but got no answer.

mictan86
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun, 05 Nov 2006

Postby mictan86 » Fri, 24 Nov 2006 9:22 am

Plavt wrote:
mictan86 wrote:there were ppl who wore boardshorts..

but.. after e swim when e interviewers ask u to cat walk to them to inspect u.. they will ask u to pull up ur shorts..

Hope that suffices..



What purpose does this serve? :o I have asked this question before but got no answer.


my humble opinion is that they want to check for bodymarks or any scars. My 2 cents worth :)

jencrs
Regular
Regular
Posts: 119
Joined: Mon, 27 Feb 2006

Postby jencrs » Fri, 24 Nov 2006 9:46 am

mictan86 wrote:
Plavt wrote:
mictan86 wrote:there were ppl who wore boardshorts..

but.. after e swim when e interviewers ask u to cat walk to them to inspect u.. they will ask u to pull up ur shorts..

Hope that suffices..



What purpose does this serve? :o I have asked this question before but got no answer.


my humble opinion is that they want to check for bodymarks or any scars. My 2 cents worth :)
What Plavt means is why check for something which is not visible when properly attired.

ak84
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri, 24 Nov 2006

Postby ak84 » Fri, 24 Nov 2006 10:31 am

Could anyone tell me if whether SIA will accept anyone who has a Malaysian passport but have done all their high school and tertiary education overseas, outside of Singapore and Malaysia?

Hope you can help.

Thanks....

Sequoia
Member
Member
Posts: 22
Joined: Fri, 24 Nov 2006

Postby Sequoia » Fri, 24 Nov 2006 10:34 am

What does it matter where you get your tertiary education? Isn't education, education?
Me wanna fly high!

eclipse
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu, 23 Nov 2006
Location: Singapore

Postby eclipse » Fri, 24 Nov 2006 11:54 am

mictan86 wrote:
eclipse wrote:
mictan86 wrote:Hello guys!

I went for the swim test this morning, thankfully everything went smoothly. There are some changes though. There will not be a computer test or Tea Reception. Saving time here.

Then, they mentioned that the next recruitment would be 6 and 7 Jan 07. Look out for the Advertisement in late Dec 06.

And! Malaysian applicants don't need to travel to Spore already, because they will hold a recruitment drive in KL. India as well =)

Hope this helps you guys/gals!

Cheers! :D


Hi mictan86! which walk-in interview u went? I did my water confidence test last wednesday.. and my walk in interview was on 12nov06..


Hello everyone! thank you for your blessings! but there's one more interview to pass.. hope everything goes well =)

I went for the one on 12 Nov 06 too.. mayb bcos i was there earlier? so i had my swim test on 22nd nov..

Its a simple test actually.. just jump off den kick backwards.. not counted as backstroke.. basically it is just doing the breaststroke kicking with you floating on your back.. you don't have to use your hands to swing like swimming backstroke..

when jumping off, hold on tightly to you life vest.. then plunge STRAIGHT down.. i learnt it when i went scuba diving.. dont bend or whatsoever.. Look straight ahead.. look at the walls at the other end of the pool..den jump.. keep your whole body straight.. then before you know it! Hahaha.. you're having alot of fun! :D


Hi mictan86,

So i assume that u are a guy!
I was wondering how many water confidence test date they had per walk in interview.

eclipse
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu, 23 Nov 2006
Location: Singapore

Message from corines143

Postby eclipse » Fri, 24 Nov 2006 12:02 pm

hi there

just wondering r u a gal or a guy?

wow you went for walk in on the 12th nov. i went also but i didnt get thru. am gonna try again!

how old r you and how was all the rounds ?

pls share

cheers
__________________

Hi corines143,

I cant get you through the pm becoz i'm still a newbie in this forum.
I'll answer ur questions here.

I'm a gal, 21 this year.
I find myself lucky to get through all rounds..

Heard from mictan86 that there will be another intake during next yr january! Try again! I wish u good luck! :)

cheers!

mictan86
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun, 05 Nov 2006

Postby mictan86 » Fri, 24 Nov 2006 12:59 pm

Hello..Im a guy who is a few months away from my 21st bday.

Hi Plavt and jencrs, regarding why they want to check for scars that are not visible when one is properly dressed, I sincerely have no right answer for you. Maybe their concerns may not only be scars. Aint quite sure :)

Hello ak84, as long as you meet the requirements I think will do. Most important would be your English grade, as 2 out of the 5 people who passed Round 1 in my group could not proceed to Round 2 because of their English grade. Coincidentally, they are both Msians.

And finally, eclipse, there were 40 of us who went for the confidence test. 1/4 got elimininated due to various reasons. Just do your best I think they will appreciate your effort.

And I believe corines143 will be going for the water confidence test too.

Cheers to all! :D

*Disclaimer: all the above mentioned are my personal opinion, observation and interpretation. Hence, please do not quote me! Thank you.. :lol: *

ojo
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed, 26 Jul 2006
Contact:

Postby ojo » Fri, 24 Nov 2006 4:01 pm

Hi. I'm new here. However, I had already been following this topic for afew months and had read through 300 ++ pages. Quite excited to kow that they are recuiting again, but also upset for I'd failed 2 times..Once in April and the other in August. But I feel like giving it a try again. :D

ak84
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri, 24 Nov 2006

Postby ak84 » Fri, 24 Nov 2006 8:16 pm

mictan86 wrote:Hello..Im a guy who is a few months away from my 21st bday.

Hi Plavt and jencrs, regarding why they want to check for scars that are not visible when one is properly dressed, I sincerely have no right answer for you. Maybe their concerns may not only be scars. Aint quite sure :)

Hello ak84, as long as you meet the requirements I think will do. Most important would be your English grade, as 2 out of the 5 people who passed Round 1 in my group could not proceed to Round 2 because of their English grade. Coincidentally, they are both Msians.

And finally, eclipse, there were 40 of us who went for the confidence test. 1/4 got elimininated due to various reasons. Just do your best I think they will appreciate your effort.

And I believe corines143 will be going for the water confidence test too.

Cheers to all! :D

*Disclaimer: all the above mentioned are my personal opinion, observation and interpretation. Hence, please do not quote me! Thank you.. :lol: *


Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I don't think I will have the English problem then since I have been living in NZ for 12 years and have also got the Kiwi accent....hahhahah....hope thats fine aswell :???:


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest