Singapore Expats Forum

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
stewardwannabe
Regular
Regular
Posts: 80
Joined: Wed, 22 Nov 2006
Location: yes

Postby stewardwannabe » Wed, 22 Nov 2006 5:13 am

hey there ... howw are you guys?... I;m a newbie here.. i just registered today.. anyway, am intrested in applying for the flight steward position as posted on the singapore airline website..

just wanna know.. if there is anyone applying for it.. as i have a few questions..

- did u guys fill in the form by hand as in written or by microsoft word?
- must we submit a resume or just a covering letter?
- does anyone knoe how long would they take to notify you foran interview ? jst an estimate would be helpful..hehe

hope to hear from u guys.. thanks heaps.. reallly appreaciate it.. take care!!.. and goooooddd luckk.. hope u all get an interview for whoever that applied for the job.. :) :) :)


cheers
SW

User avatar
tatiana
Member
Member
Posts: 48
Joined: Mon, 17 Jul 2006

Postby tatiana » Wed, 22 Nov 2006 10:09 am

stewardwannabe wrote:
1.did u guys fill in the form by hand as in written or by microsoft word?
2.must we submit a resume or just a covering letter?
3.does anyone knoe how long would they take to notify you foran interview ? jst an estimate would be helpful..hehe




1. Fill up the form electronically; unless u wish to print it out, fill it up, scan n send... :P

2. Just a cover letter will do. Follow the instructions.

3. Usually it will be 2-4weeks after the closing date but it could be up to 2months for Malaysian cabin crew recruitment.

Hope it helps ~ :cool:

mictan86
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun, 05 Nov 2006

Postby mictan86 » Wed, 22 Nov 2006 10:33 pm

Hello guys!

I went for the swim test this morning, thankfully everything went smoothly. There are some changes though. There will not be a computer test or Tea Reception. Saving time here.

Then, they mentioned that the next recruitment would be 6 and 7 Jan 07. Look out for the Advertisement in late Dec 06.

And! Malaysian applicants don't need to travel to Spore already, because they will hold a recruitment drive in KL. India as well =)

Hope this helps you guys/gals!

Cheers! :D

stewardwannabe
Regular
Regular
Posts: 80
Joined: Wed, 22 Nov 2006
Location: yes

Postby stewardwannabe » Wed, 22 Nov 2006 11:08 pm

heyy..

Thanks for ur reply.. was realllyy helpfull..hehe

congrats mic.. so whats ur next process?.. is this the recuritment for the one closing on 2nd dec or what?...

anyways.. if they r holding a recuritment drive in KL on the 6th or 7th jan.. meaning that do i still need to apply for the recuriment that is closing on 2nd of dec or.. do i wait till then..

oh yea .. one more thing.. on the 6 and 7 of jan.. is that walk in or write in as welll..

cheers mic.. congrats once again.. good on ya bud :) :) :)
SW

leftfoot
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri, 17 Nov 2006
Location: Singapore

Postby leftfoot » Wed, 22 Nov 2006 11:17 pm

mictan86 wrote:Hello guys!

I went for the swim test this morning, thankfully everything went smoothly. There are some changes though. There will not be a computer test or Tea Reception. Saving time here.

Then, they mentioned that the next recruitment would be 6 and 7 Jan 07. Look out for the Advertisement in late Dec 06.

And! Malaysian applicants don't need to travel to Spore already, because they will hold a recruitment drive in KL. India as well =)

Hope this helps you guys/gals!

Cheers! :D


Hey Mic, they told u the results on the spot or told u to wait?? Ur swim test is sure early.. mine's on nxt wed..

User avatar
caryn
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon, 20 Nov 2006
Location: Singapore, hougang

Postby caryn » Wed, 22 Nov 2006 11:18 pm

Wow wow.. this sounds like good news to a lot of us here! Another SIA recruitment in Singapore on 6 and 7 Jan 07??? *yippee~!* :lol:

Congrats Mic! U will be flying very very soon!!

mictan86 wrote:Hello guys!

I went for the swim test this morning, thankfully everything went smoothly. There are some changes though. There will not be a computer test or Tea Reception. Saving time here.

Then, they mentioned that the next recruitment would be 6 and 7 Jan 07. Look out for the Advertisement in late Dec 06.

And! Malaysian applicants don't need to travel to Spore already, because they will hold a recruitment drive in KL. India as well =)

Hope this helps you guys/gals!

Cheers! :D

stewardwannabe
Regular
Regular
Posts: 80
Joined: Wed, 22 Nov 2006
Location: yes

Postby stewardwannabe » Wed, 22 Nov 2006 11:23 pm

hey guys...

anyone had submitted their application for the 2nd december recruitment drive yet?..

or since now there will be another drive in KL on jan.. u guys will wait for that as that will be a walk in interview i suppose..

cheers :D
SW

mictan86
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun, 05 Nov 2006

Postby mictan86 » Wed, 22 Nov 2006 11:26 pm

Hello.. just to clarify..

6 and 7 Jan is in Spore.. KL and India one I am not quite sure.

The lady just asked us to advise our friends to keep a lookout on the SIA's website.

Yup!

stewardwannabe
Regular
Regular
Posts: 80
Joined: Wed, 22 Nov 2006
Location: yes

Postby stewardwannabe » Wed, 22 Nov 2006 11:32 pm

mictan86 wrote:Hello.. just to clarify..

6 and 7 Jan is in Spore.. KL and India one I am not quite sure.

The lady just asked us to advise our friends to keep a lookout on the SIA's website.

Yup!




coool.. thats sounds good.. if they r having another interview on 6th or 7th jan.. which is walk in.. whats with the one closing on 2nd dec..

btw mic congrats on ur test today.. when did u apply for the position..

thxxx take care..
SW

corines143
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 298
Joined: Mon, 06 Nov 2006
Location: Paris-Milan-Barcelona

Postby corines143 » Wed, 22 Nov 2006 11:33 pm

the applicaton for 2nd dec. is for Msians only and they did ask u to choose where you prefer the interview to be either in KL or singapore So just tick it and send it. simple!!

Jan 6th and 7th is another recruitment i guess is Walk In lor as per normal..

wah now MIC - you gotta go training 4 mths... heard if u dont perform well can get booted out so be punctual and serious abt it.
all the best
SingaporeGIrl - I wanna fly!! hehe

stewardwannabe
Regular
Regular
Posts: 80
Joined: Wed, 22 Nov 2006
Location: yes

Postby stewardwannabe » Wed, 22 Nov 2006 11:38 pm

corines143 wrote:the applicaton for 2nd dec. is for Msians only and they did ask u to choose where you prefer the interview to be either in KL or singapore So just tick it and send it. simple!!

Jan 6th and 7th is another recruitment i guess is Walk In lor as per normal..

wah now MIC - you gotta go training 4 mths... heard if u dont perform well can get booted out so be punctual and serious abt it.
all the best



thxss corines.. cool.. so will just go ahead applying for the 2nd dec one..

r u a cabin crew for SIA?.. hehe just wondering..

well.. goodd luckk for who is applying..
SW

corines143
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 298
Joined: Mon, 06 Nov 2006
Location: Paris-Milan-Barcelona

Postby corines143 » Wed, 22 Nov 2006 11:47 pm

Nope i am also a applicant myself who follows really closely abt SIA recruitments and all. so we belong to the same family hehe
SingaporeGIrl - I wanna fly!! hehe

stewardwannabe
Regular
Regular
Posts: 80
Joined: Wed, 22 Nov 2006
Location: yes

Postby stewardwannabe » Wed, 22 Nov 2006 11:50 pm

corines143 wrote:Nope i am also a applicant myself who follows really closely abt SIA recruitments and all. so we belong to the same family hehe


reallyy.. ohh awesome.. yeaa i guess we do then..hehe.. u will get through just fine..

so u applying for the 2nd dec or the jan intake... its actually my first time applying.. so kinda like a newbie..
SW

User avatar
sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 314
Joined: Fri, 07 Apr 2006
Location: 2012

Postby sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi » Thu, 23 Nov 2006 1:51 am

In order to receive,you have to believe that you have received. (The Secret)

User avatar
j0Yce
Member
Member
Posts: 38
Joined: Thu, 23 Nov 2006

Postby j0Yce » Thu, 23 Nov 2006 12:47 pm

stewardwannabe wrote:heyy..

Thanks for ur reply.. was realllyy helpfull..hehe

congrats mic.. so whats ur next process?.. is this the recuritment for the one closing on 2nd dec or what?...

anyways.. if they r holding a recuritment drive in KL on the 6th or 7th jan.. meaning that do i still need to apply for the recuriment that is closing on 2nd of dec or.. do i wait till then..

oh yea .. one more thing.. on the 6 and 7 of jan.. is that walk in or write in as welll..

cheers mic.. congrats once again.. good on ya bud :) :) :)



Hi.. I'm a newbie here.. So SIA having a recruitment in early Jan 07??? Anyway juz to infd all.. Silkair is having a walk-in recruitment on 8 & 9 dec 2006.. do chk out their website for more info..

I may be going for tat.. any1 going too?


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest