Singapore Expats Forum

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
jencrs
Regular
Regular
Posts: 119
Joined: Mon, 27 Feb 2006

Postby jencrs » Tue, 14 Nov 2006 12:30 am

Plavt wrote:Jencrs,
Please check your PM.
ok, thanks Plavt.

mayfair
Member
Member
Posts: 34
Joined: Thu, 19 Oct 2006

Postby mayfair » Tue, 14 Nov 2006 9:34 am

Luv_BA,
did the doctor tell you you failed medical on the spot or did they reject you later? I had to be honest abt my childhood asthma too and I am now pending medical... I am a little worried after reading your post.

cabbage_girl
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat, 11 Nov 2006

Male Interviewers

Postby cabbage_girl » Tue, 14 Nov 2006 1:00 pm

Hi Pple...

I have one big query.

Can those who passed the 1-2-1 interview share if their interviewer was a guy or a gal? Do you think it is easier for those who got a guy interviewer to pass the interview?

I have gotten female interviewer twice before and I didnt get through. :(

Hoping_To_Be
Member
Member
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon, 13 Nov 2006

Postby Hoping_To_Be » Tue, 14 Nov 2006 1:11 pm

Not true, my interviewer was an indian lady the last time I went, and I managed to get through.

Luv_BA
Member
Member
Posts: 32
Joined: Mon, 13 Nov 2006

Postby Luv_BA » Tue, 14 Nov 2006 1:20 pm

Hi, I received a letter saying I did not make it.

The doctor also didn't say anything during the check up. Initially, I still thought I made it.

So sad...
To be or not to be, that's a question

shrapnel
Regular
Regular
Posts: 85
Joined: Mon, 28 Aug 2006

Postby shrapnel » Tue, 14 Nov 2006 1:38 pm

during my 1st attempt,i got a male interviewer and i failed..my second attempt was a chinese lady and i passed lor..

zandlelightz
Regular
Regular
Posts: 89
Joined: Tue, 15 Aug 2006
Location: Singapore

Postby zandlelightz » Tue, 14 Nov 2006 2:09 pm

Yoman wrote:may i know is there any guys with O level that make it thru yesterday? Cos i make it thru the first round, but when they check my cert, the auntie at the counter said she have to reject me cos my job is not relevant and im only O level. Quite disappointing man haha. Dunno should i try again?



What was your job before if you do not mind saying. Thanks

mayfair
Member
Member
Posts: 34
Joined: Thu, 19 Oct 2006

Postby mayfair » Tue, 14 Nov 2006 3:25 pm

Yes its a pity Luv_BA and I think I may suffer the same fate. Did they state explicitly in the letter that it was due to your asthma? Since you told the doc it has recovered, I don't see why it shld pose a problem.

Plavt
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 4289
Joined: Wed, 18 May 2005
Location: United Kingdom

Postby Plavt » Tue, 14 Nov 2006 4:00 pm

mayfair wrote:Since you told the doc it has recovered, I don't see why it shld pose a problem.


Unfortunately it is not that simple; if you have a medical history of asthma then it will get taken into account since one could have a relapse. People who break a leg for example know it will heal and be as good as new eventually but I doubt that you can say the same for asthma.

Luv_BA
Member
Member
Posts: 32
Joined: Mon, 13 Nov 2006

Postby Luv_BA » Tue, 14 Nov 2006 4:27 pm

Yes, I know.

But I stopped having asthma after I was 5 years old. Besides, it has already been 15 years since then. I feel perfectly normal now, with no relapse whatsoever.

Does SIA keep our medical record check? I was thinking of applying for SIA again, then this time round don't tell the doctor that I got this problem.

Do you think it will be discovered? I really want to fly with SIA.
What should I do?
To be or not to be, that's a question

Plavt
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 4289
Joined: Wed, 18 May 2005
Location: United Kingdom

Postby Plavt » Tue, 14 Nov 2006 4:46 pm

Luv_BA wrote:Yes, I know.

But I stopped having asthma after I was 5 years old. Besides, it has already been 15 years since then. I feel perfectly normal now, with no relapse whatsoever.

Does SIA keep our medical record check? I was thinking of applying for SIA again, then this time round don't tell the doctor that I got this problem.

Do you think it will be discovered? I really want to fly with SIA.
What should I do?


First of all I would imagine SIA would have a record of having seen you most if not all doctors or medical departments do this. The doctor in the basement at the airport still had a record of me attending him three years after my first visit to Singapore. I think you should seek professional advice, start with your own doctor who can point you in the right direction as he/she probably won't know the requirements of the airlines.

A problem may be that nobody will know for sure that you have had no relapse including doctors and so have no proof. By the way this may sound rather cruel but have a good look at your second sentence.

Aquagal
Regular
Regular
Posts: 77
Joined: Mon, 21 Aug 2006
Contact:

Postby Aquagal » Tue, 14 Nov 2006 5:08 pm

Plavt wrote:
Luv_BA wrote:Yes, I know.

But I stopped having asthma after I was 5 years old. Besides, it has already been 15 years since then. I feel perfectly normal now, with no relapse whatsoever.

Does SIA keep our medical record check? I was thinking of applying for SIA again, then this time round don't tell the doctor that I got this problem.

Do you think it will be discovered? I really want to fly with SIA.
What should I do?


First of all I would imagine SIA would have a record of having seen you most if not all doctors or medical departments do this. The doctor in the basement at the airport still had a record of me attending him three years after my first visit to Singapore. I think you should seek professional advice, start with your own doctor who can point you in the right direction as he/she probably won't know the requirements of the airlines.

A problem may be that nobody will know for sure that you have had no relapse including doctors and so have no proof. By the way this may sound rather cruel but have a good look at your second sentence.



Hi Luv BA,

I know it may sounds cruel to say this but u mus put your health as e top priority... the pressure and air on the plane might also trigger a "sudden'' attack on your asthma.. u wil never know what will happen.... Normally for cabin crew wannabes, they prefer people with perfect health, with no history of any illnesses...Please think twice... One of my friends is actually healthy, but ever since she worked with SQ, she had low blood sugar and often had giddy spells.. Her doc said might be due to e pressure in the cabin.. She has resigned from her job a couple of years back..

NLYC
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon, 13 Nov 2006

Postby NLYC » Tue, 14 Nov 2006 5:23 pm

LUV_ba

Sorry to be asking this but which batch of intake were you from are?

mayfair
Member
Member
Posts: 34
Joined: Thu, 19 Oct 2006

Postby mayfair » Tue, 14 Nov 2006 7:52 pm

Luv_BA,
I think its important to be truthful in your application cos they will question your integrity if they should find out abt your medical records.
Did you declare previously about your asthma in the application or did you only bring it up at the medical check up?
I think that is important cos if you declare at the beginning, I don't think they ll waste time letting you go through the interviews if they could not accept your medical history.
Plavt can you advise on that too? thanks cos I am worried about my status now since I also suffer from childhood asthma.

Luv_BA
Member
Member
Posts: 32
Joined: Mon, 13 Nov 2006

Postby Luv_BA » Tue, 14 Nov 2006 8:09 pm

I did not declare at the beginning cos the application form did not require us to fill that in.

It was only during the medical checkup that I told the doctor that.

Everything else was perfectly fine and I thought all along that I had got through.

I thought airlines only keep the record for 6 months?

After which they delete the records?
To be or not to be, that's a question


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests