Singapore Expats Forum

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Guest

Postby Guest » Fri, 18 Mar 2005 12:23 am

Hi, I'm actually quite surprised to know that SIA do enlist big size gals. I tried for SIA in January and the girls they chose were very skinny and surprising spoke in broken English. Maybe those who want to try would like to tell the interviewer they can eat a lot like 7 meals a day and don't stand straight when you are talking like the gal. I think the reason why she got in was she left an impression to the interviewers.

A number of friends who got in are very skinny so I think we should lose more weight first before trying again.

As for swimming test, don worry cos my friend who passed it did not know swimming at all. They have a life jacket. It only depends if you dare to jump down from the mock plane into the swimming pool and pretend to swim! Good luck to those that are going to try! :D

JWill79
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri, 18 Mar 2005
Location: San Francisco
Contact:

Postby JWill79 » Sat, 19 Mar 2005 1:55 am

I am in United States and my girlfriend works for SIA here. Although she is not cabin crew, she nor I have never heard of a steward on SIA. It seems that they only hire wafer thin women as cabin crew. Who would have guessed? And of course beauty is a factor, unfortunately. SIA has little laminated cards featuring cabin crew members, not sure if this is everywhere, but they have them here in San Francisco. And those dresses, amazing.

Singapore_Sling
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 17
Joined: Sat, 19 Mar 2005

Postby Singapore_Sling » Sat, 19 Mar 2005 11:11 pm

o.
Last edited by Singapore_Sling on Wed, 23 Mar 2005 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Guest

Postby Guest » Sun, 20 Mar 2005 12:22 pm

Singapore_Sling wrote:
I am in United States and my girlfriend works for SIA here. Although she is not cabin crew, she nor I have never heard of a steward on SIA. It seems that they only hire wafer thin women as cabin crew.


Then, either you and your girlfriend are blind or you are just not looking. I've ben flying SQ for four years, almost weekly within APAC and to the US. Clearly, as in any airline, there are more female flight attendants than males, but you will find at least 1 male flight attendant on every long haul flight.

Check out their website for details.

Btw, to one of the previous posters - a minimum height of 158cm is required


i heard of girls who were 1.56m but got in too.. how true is that?

Singapore_Sling
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 17
Joined: Sat, 19 Mar 2005

Postby Singapore_Sling » Sun, 20 Mar 2005 3:39 pm

o.
Last edited by Singapore_Sling on Wed, 23 Mar 2005 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Guest

Postby Guest » Mon, 21 Mar 2005 4:48 pm

Singapore_Sling wrote:
Singapore_Sling wrote:
Quote:
I am in United States and my girlfriend works for SIA here. Although she is not cabin crew, she nor I have never heard of a steward on SIA. It seems that they only hire wafer thin women as cabin crew.


Then, either you and your girlfriend are blind or you are just not looking. I've ben flying SQ for four years, almost weekly within APAC and to the US. Clearly, as in any airline, there are more female flight attendants than males, but you will find at least 1 male flight attendant on every long haul flight.

Check out their website for details.

Btw, to one of the previous posters - a minimum height of 158cm is required


i heard of girls who were 1.56m but got in too.. how true is that?



Does it matter to you?


yes definitely!!

Interest

Age requirement and experience

Postby Interest » Wed, 23 Mar 2005 7:38 pm

Sgirl wrote:Hi

The age i think is one of the important part, because they wrote down for the girl age between 20-26

I just pass all of the interview and waiting for my visa to come out. They have several steps.

1. Introduction in a group interview, you need to introduce yourself
2. One on One interview, they want to know more about your life and your family
3. Psychotest and English Test
4. Panel Interview, there are 3 people ask you several question, they want to know your seriousness, your life, your family, your education and everything
5. Kebaya Test. They see wether you have any scar and stuff that shown after you put the kebaya on. well for this stage, i got some friend who are too chubby and failed on this stage. Some of them on the border because they have wide shoulder and big hips.

So i think SIA only want a good propotion of body. Me, myself got complained and have to lose some weight. But the give me a chance to try. Also watch out about your make up, hair, shoes and dress. Some of them got complain because of this.

Hope this helps anyone who want to apply for this job :)

cheers


I'm studying my A levels this year and I was thinking of becoming a Air Stewardess next year after I get my results. Do you think they will accept below 20 years of age? I'll be 19 next year in August. Is experience required?

hi-all

SIA Male Flight Steward Recruitment

Postby hi-all » Fri, 25 Mar 2005 11:35 pm

Just found out that SIA is now recruiting male Flight Stewards.
However, I have no customer experience and could not speak foreign language. Do you think I will be selected for the interview.
Can anyone here offer me some tips and advice ?

Thanks

Guest

Re: SIA Male Flight Steward Recruitment

Postby Guest » Sat, 26 Mar 2005 4:20 pm

hi-all wrote:Just found out that SIA is now recruiting male Flight Stewards.
However, I have no customer experience and could not speak foreign language. Do you think I will be selected for the interview.
Can anyone here offer me some tips and advice ?

Thanks


Well, preference will be given to those who can speak a foreign language or are experienced in customer service. But it doesn't mean that you will lose out. Someone who doesn't have the above qualities can still be chosen over someone who has them. Good luck!

Guest

Postby Guest » Sat, 26 Mar 2005 4:25 pm

Yes, applications for SIA Cabin Crew(Steward & Stewardess) are now open till 2 April 2005.

Go to the Singappore Airlines website for more details.

http://www.singaporeair.com

Go to >>>About SIA>>>Careers.

Good luck to those applying.
:D

ger84

hiz

Postby ger84 » Mon, 28 Mar 2005 10:35 pm

Hi,
been trying it for 2 times already! still cant get in..well, in my impression, they are nt really looking for beauties or someone who can speak well..haiz, i think if they really like u,they will choose you ~ *keep my fingers crossed*

wannabecrew

Postby wannabecrew » Tue, 29 Mar 2005 9:32 am

ger84:
u have been attending the interview 2 times? mind to tell more about the interview?

Whitez
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue, 29 Mar 2005

Do I need to have flawless skin?

Postby Whitez » Tue, 29 Mar 2005 11:01 am

Hi, I would like to apply for SQ air stewardess. But I used to be in the sun a lot and had some pigmentation/discolouration on my face and arms. Does SQ accept such flaws or do I need to have perfect skin?

messto
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue, 29 Mar 2005

Interview for SIA cabin crew

Postby messto » Tue, 29 Mar 2005 4:09 pm

halo there, can anyone tell me where and when is the next interview in Malaysia? thanks

messto
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue, 29 Mar 2005

no confidence

Postby messto » Tue, 29 Mar 2005 4:23 pm

i am now 24 years old.. 172cm and quite thin.. but my english isnt so fluently.. i wonder should i try for the interview. can some1 tell me when is the coming interview in malaysia? i only know they will have interview in S'por on 23 of april. thanks


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests