Singapore Expats Forum

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
User avatar
Strong Eagle
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 10471
Joined: Sat, 10 Jul 2004
Location: Off The Red Dot
Contact:

Postby Strong Eagle » Mon, 16 May 2005 2:11 pm

Varsha wrote:hi, niza...

how did you answer for the casino question?

you mean they asked the same question to everybody?


I've got to put my two cents in on this. They ask the question, not to know what your opinion is, or to see if you come up with the "right" answer, they ask you the question to see if you can think on your feet. What difference does it make how niza answered the question? The only answer that matters is the one you would make. If you are standing there looking dopey while trying to remember how you were "supposed" to answer the question, you will not look nearly as good as simply being spontaneous... what do YOU feel, what do YOU think... and do you have the confidence and charm to say it with warmth.

Besides, the next time, the question might be, "Should Singapore participate more in tsunami tracking efforts?"

becky
Member
Member
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu, 12 May 2005
Location: Malaysia
Contact:

Re: love or dream? sigh.......

Postby becky » Mon, 16 May 2005 2:28 pm

becky wrote:Hey all, I wonder wot will you girls choose? between love and dream? it's been a dream of mine to fly but there's part of me that's holding me back. I'm not sure. You see, I'll be obtaining my advanced diploma in Multimedia this June and I would like to try SIA if there's a July intake and am very excited about it. But part of me is holding me back because well, I'm supposed to continue my studies in Melbourne after advanced diploma and as earlier planned, my bf(scottish) has planned tojoin me there in melbourne and he's been working very hard to save up for that. When I told him I want to try SIA, he's supportive but disappointed at the same time because he thought he could join me in Melbourne as soon as possible. If I succeed in my application for SIA, I won't be able to go to Melbourne unless my contract has ended which is about 22 months! am confused........should I? should I not?



JustMe wrote:If i were u, i'd choose love over dream....no doubt u'll thnk back in future, wishing u should have given it a try...but it beats losing someone u love rite? Its not easy to find someone who loves u, and u love him equally...why do something to jeopardise this relationship..?

If u're still hesitating, just go ahead n try the Jul intake (if there is). If there's no intake, go Melbourne...If there is and u get in, worry abt that later....




Yeah I guess so. Worry about it later........I hope there will be a july intake. No harm trying right? hehe......Yes it's true that true love is very hard to find. My bf and I have been together for 2 and a half years......we've known each other for 5 years. We email everyday. He's scottish and am Malaysian-chinese......both university students.so I guess for a long distance relationship to last that long, it aint that easy. Of course I don't wanna disappoint him......he's been working hard so that he can continue his Masters degree together with me in Melbourne. But of course, he's always supportive in whatever I choose to do. "as long as you're happy, I want you to be happy" he says. Will see how it goes hehe.........

lynn01

Postby lynn01 » Mon, 16 May 2005 2:46 pm

hi,

yup, my friend's cousin is 40 years old now. cos she look young, doesn't look like 40 years old at all, she look like in her early 30s. maybe that why's she can still fly. but she is going to retire soon cos she has a family to take care of.

and as for keisha questions. the age limit that SIA and silkair stated in their recruitment: age 25,
they are for the foreign crew. foreign stewardesses need to be 25 and below.

but for local stewardesses , the age is up to 29 years old. unless they decided to change their age limit for the current intake, i am pretty sure local stewardess age limit is 29 years old.

if not, you can email them and ask them the age limit since they do not put the age limit out in their local stewardess recruitment.

i know people who are being recruited as stewardess, age, 26, 27 and 28.

so for those who are out there who are age 26-29, no harm trying.

all the best! :)

lynn01

Postby lynn01 » Mon, 16 May 2005 2:53 pm

yah, btw. SIA do have girls flying age above 30. most of the chief stewardess are around age 30 and above.

there are some few chief stewardess who are around age 28-29, but very few. unless they started flying at a very young age.

normally SIA have girls flying till age 36 and they got to stop flying. but if your performance is good and you are a chief stewardess or in-flight stewardess, and plus u still maintian your looks, they will continue to let you fly.

above are the info i get from people who are wilth SIA.

thanks

Guest

Postby Guest » Mon, 16 May 2005 3:20 pm

My fren is working as a cabin crew now. Her age is 26 by that time SIA hire her (last year) n I think her height is below 158cm bcos she is shorter than me a lot as Im only stand at 159cm...

Dun worry bout those big or small moles at ur face cos I saw one of d crew aso having a big moles at her chin. Not all cabin crew is pretty but d ability to speak a good english is more important. :wink:

muimui

Postby muimui » Mon, 16 May 2005 3:39 pm

don't worry, just go for it, apply for the job. u will never know what happen, becos the standard depends on each individual recruitment.

one moment, they accept girls shorter than 158cm , one moment they accept girls who are big size, etc.

went to the airport yesterday to send a friend off, we saw lotsa of SIA girls. and indeed some are pretty, but we also saw quite a few who are short, between 157cm to 158cm and some are even have round faces with double chins! and some very average-looking girls too. and most of them have big, curvy butts, and they look nice in the kebaya!

so, go for it! give it a try!

niza

Re: Questions for "niza"

Postby niza » Mon, 16 May 2005 3:40 pm

Keisha wrote:niza,

hope you don't mind answering these questions as well...

1) firstly, how old you are?

2) how old were the girls who passed the rounds just like you? anyone 25 and above?

3) also, what's your height and your qualifications?

4) lastly, how did you manage to conceal those scars on your neck and back? cause you were saying in your earlier posts that you have scars in the same areas as me right?


1.i am 20years old this year
2.for my grp, the oldest is 23 i think.
3.i stand at 168cm. i m a polytechnic graduate.
4.i put tons of concealer and loose powder. i managed to conceal it on that day surprising. so no prob at all.

niza

Re: Questions for "niza"

Postby niza » Mon, 16 May 2005 3:45 pm

Keisha wrote:
niza wrote:
jaymee wrote:hi Niza, hope u can kindly answer a question of mine,
do the beautician/interviewer check the insides of the kebaya for all interviewees? if no, under what circumstances will they not do so?
because i have a tatoo at my lower back and your last entry got me a little worried... :(


i duno but so far all my friends they encountered the same situation as me. the interviewers will ask u to turn around dan pull back the kebaya top and look into ur back. i duno what they are looking for. but those who managed to clear the kebaya check in my grp are gals w/o tattoos because we asked around. they might be looking for scars or wat? i have no idea. but if u manage to reach the water confidence test round, than wear one piece swimsuit, just in case.

hope the above helps!


niza,

you mean SIA actually checks our backs? so, what if you don't have tattoos but you have pimple scars scattered over your back? what is the possibility of passing the rounds?

i thought they only check on the skin that is not covered by the kebaya? why do they still check our backs?


seriously i have no idea why they did that but luckily my back is scar-free. so quite alright.

Guest

Re: love or dream? sigh.......

Postby Guest » Mon, 16 May 2005 4:53 pm

becky wrote:
becky wrote:Hey all, I wonder wot will you girls choose? between love and dream? it's been a dream of mine to fly but there's part of me that's holding me back. I'm not sure. You see, I'll be obtaining my advanced diploma in Multimedia this June and I would like to try SIA if there's a July intake and am very excited about it. But part of me is holding me back because well, I'm supposed to continue my studies in Melbourne after advanced diploma and as earlier planned, my bf(scottish) has planned tojoin me there in melbourne and he's been working very hard to save up for that. When I told him I want to try SIA, he's supportive but disappointed at the same time because he thought he could join me in Melbourne as soon as possible. If I succeed in my application for SIA, I won't be able to go to Melbourne unless my contract has ended which is about 22 months! am confused........should I? should I not?



JustMe wrote:If i were u, i'd choose love over dream....no doubt u'll thnk back in future, wishing u should have given it a try...but it beats losing someone u love rite? Its not easy to find someone who loves u, and u love him equally...why do something to jeopardise this relationship..?

If u're still hesitating, just go ahead n try the Jul intake (if there is). If there's no intake, go Melbourne...If there is and u get in, worry abt that later....




Yeah I guess so. Worry about it later........I hope there will be a july intake. No harm trying right? hehe......Yes it's true that true love is very hard to find. My bf and I have been together for 2 and a half years......we've known each other for 5 years. We email everyday. He's scottish and am Malaysian-chinese......both university students.so I guess for a long distance relationship to last that long, it aint that easy. Of course I don't want to disappoint him......he's been working hard so that he can continue his Masters degree together with me in Melbourne. But of course, he's always supportive in whatever I choose to do. "as long as you're happy, I want you to be happy" he says. Will see how it goes hehe.........



Hi again!
Hmm..u're a Malaysian? Do u have a PR in Singapore? Coz if u dun, u may have to wait for the intake conducted in M'sia....better check with them ya?
Long-distance relationship is really hard to maintain, i gota take my hat off to u... Dun let such a good guy slip by ya? All the best to u... :)

becky
Member
Member
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu, 12 May 2005
Location: Malaysia
Contact:

Re: love or dream? sigh.......

Postby becky » Mon, 16 May 2005 5:55 pm

Anonymous wrote:
becky wrote:
becky wrote:Hey all, I wonder wot will you girls choose? between love and dream? it's been a dream of mine to fly but there's part of me that's holding me back. I'm not sure. You see, I'll be obtaining my advanced diploma in Multimedia this June and I would like to try SIA if there's a July intake and am very excited about it. But part of me is holding me back because well, I'm supposed to continue my studies in Melbourne after advanced diploma and as earlier planned, my bf(scottish) has planned tojoin me there in melbourne and he's been working very hard to save up for that. When I told him I want to try SIA, he's supportive but disappointed at the same time because he thought he could join me in Melbourne as soon as possible. If I succeed in my application for SIA, I won't be able to go to Melbourne unless my contract has ended which is about 22 months! am confused........should I? should I not?



JustMe wrote:If i were u, i'd choose love over dream....no doubt u'll thnk back in future, wishing u should have given it a try...but it beats losing someone u love rite? Its not easy to find someone who loves u, and u love him equally...why do something to jeopardise this relationship..?

If u're still hesitating, just go ahead n try the Jul intake (if there is). If there's no intake, go Melbourne...If there is and u get in, worry abt that later....




Yeah I guess so. Worry about it later........I hope there will be a july intake. No harm trying right? hehe......Yes it's true that true love is very hard to find. My bf and I have been together for 2 and a half years......we've known each other for 5 years. We email everyday. He's scottish and am Malaysian-chinese......both university students.so I guess for a long distance relationship to last that long, it aint that easy. Of course I don't want to disappoint him......he's been working hard so that he can continue his Masters degree together with me in Melbourne. But of course, he's always supportive in whatever I choose to do. "as long as you're happy, I want you to be happy" he says. Will see how it goes hehe.........



Hi again!
Hmm..u're a Malaysian? Do u have a PR in Singapore? because if u dun, u may have to wait for the intake conducted in M'sia....better check with them ya?
Long-distance relationship is really hard to maintain, i gota take my hat off to u... Dun let such a good guy slip by ya? All the best to u... :)



Hi, yeah I'm Malaysian. Still studying. University but obtaining my advanced diploma soon....in June. Nop, am not a Singapore PR and yes am waiting for the interview being conducted in KL.....I hope there's a July intake coz I missed the April intake. Oh, they do inform bout interviews on their webpage :).

Yeah, it's very true that long distance is very hard to maintain and am very lucky hehe........and he's a great guy. That's why I'm wondering if I really should try. One step at a time I guess......[/quote]

Reject-boi

Postby Reject-boi » Mon, 16 May 2005 7:00 pm

Becky, for Malaysians, the standards are different. Your private school diploma is recognised. This is only for Malaysians. Your SPM English must be good score.

Good luck!

jaymee

Postby jaymee » Mon, 16 May 2005 7:27 pm

hey Niza,
thanx for the advice... certainly was helpful! do u mean to say that what is covered by the kebaya skirt will not be seen by the beautician?

niza

Postby niza » Mon, 16 May 2005 7:43 pm

jaymee wrote:hey Niza,
thanx for the advice... certainly was helpful! do u mean to say that what is covered by the kebaya skirt will not be seen by the beautician?


they did pull back the kebaya top to look in. as i've mentioned, i duno what they were looking for by doing that.

Guest

Postby Guest » Mon, 16 May 2005 8:01 pm

Reject-boi wrote:Becky, for Malaysians, the standards are different. Your private school diploma is recognised. This is only for Malaysians. Your SPM English must be good score.

Good luck!


Hey Reject-Boi, I noticed hehe....I know english must be good. I got A1 for my English in SPM and an A2 for Cambridge english. But of course I know it all depends on luck too. R u applying?

becky
Member
Member
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu, 12 May 2005
Location: Malaysia
Contact:

Postby becky » Mon, 16 May 2005 8:05 pm

Becky wrote:
Reject-boi wrote:Becky, for Malaysians, the standards are different. Your private school diploma is recognised. This is only for Malaysians. Your SPM English must be good score.

Good luck!


Hey Reject-Boi, I noticed hehe....I know english must be good. I got A1 for my English in SPM and an A2 for Cambridge english. I was a science stream student, I don't know why coz am studying multimedia now. But of course I know it all depends on luck too. R u applying?


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest