Singapore Expats Forum

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
shrapnel
Regular
Regular

Postby shrapnel » Fri, 20 Oct 2006 8:56 pm

dear mayfair,
during water-confi test just wear casual.u dont have to wear any make up but during my batch,some did put on some make up!!!i was wondering is there other round of assessment..

i have to agree with wat seismicz said that the mgmt round really depend on the panels and ur luck.perhaps my interwiew was conducted at m'sia therefore it is easier here...
during my water-confi test,there's no weighing n height measuring as well as skin check.we just have to jump into the pool and swim across.that's it and we can ciao..
in spore is much more stringent i have to say..perhaps they're lack of panels and interviewers to come over and do the judgement.

mayfair

Postby mayfair » Fri, 20 Oct 2006 9:02 pm

thanks shrapnel...
I can understand why some put make up...given that there is another skin check.
Is the skin check similar to the kebaya round one? without make up the flaws will be very apparent to the examiners... really stress!

shrapnel
Regular
Regular

Postby shrapnel » Fri, 20 Oct 2006 9:13 pm

welcum mayfair!!!
i'm not sure how's the skin check during water-confi test as during my round,there's no skin check...just be natural as u r..
that's the greatest essence!!!

missphish

Postby missphish » Sat, 21 Oct 2006 12:00 pm

hello mayfair,

just to add on to what shrapnel replied, most of the girls who went for the water confidence test had on make up. Some had on pretty thick make up too. They will only check after you did the jump. Its not as scary as the kerbaya round where their flashed 2 spotlights on you. This time they just peer a bit at face, check your arms.

as for what to wear, wear something which is comfortable for you. There were people who wore two piece, tankini, one piece.. And they got thru successfully too.. I wore jeans and polo tee but there were ppl who wore formal, some casual.. a whole array. there didnt seem to be any particular dress code so my take is to wear something that makes you feel comfortable..

:) missphish

calvink
Chatter
Chatter

Postby calvink » Sat, 21 Oct 2006 7:23 pm

Hmm.. was wondering should i go for the recruitment in SG...or just wait for them to open up in KL.....

Furthermore, i'm working the next day....

NLiSa

Newbie here...

Postby NLiSa » Sat, 21 Oct 2006 8:47 pm

Hi peeps...
Im kinda new in this forum... :???:
But, the way u peeps discuss abt cabin crews does interest me...
Act, have always wanted 2 b 1...
Got a cousin who is an SQ girl...but, v.paiseh 2 ask her anythg...LOL
Btw, 2 those who were with SQ before, do they take in girls whose teeth are not that straight? Any idea? Thanks...

Cheers!! :wink:

EddieJB

Hi

Postby EddieJB » Sat, 21 Oct 2006 8:56 pm

Hi Calvink, i think u better think twice, if ur frm KL... Bcuz, it is really far away… i went to the interview in KL last time, it was very tired... After i was inform that i failed the 1st round then straightway rush to Pudu and get the next bus to JB, spend 5 hours on the bus just bcuz i couldnt skip my classes the next day morning … Actually, i just trying to giv u my opinions..
Air Asia- Now Everyone Can Fly

konkon

Postby konkon » Sat, 21 Oct 2006 10:47 pm

Hi Calvink, what EddieJB said was right, is very tiring but of course if you really want the job then no harm trying. If you can't make it this time, at least you still have KL for a second chance. As i'm was hesitating as you did before, but I still took a bus to Singapore for the 15 Oct interview. I got thru the first round then immediately the same day i took a bus back as I'm working the next day. So tomorrow I'm travelling down to Singapore again for my monday water confidence test. Everyone can advise you, decision is still depend on you. Don't regret on any of your decision. Good luck Calvink.

Cheers :D

shrapnel
Regular
Regular

Postby shrapnel » Sat, 21 Oct 2006 11:03 pm

dear calvink,
i totally agree with what konkon & eddiejb said.i'm fr ip n i am a female.i went for the walk in interview conducted at spore during aug and it was really tiring..worse still i've to stay in da bus for bout 8 hours.the competition there was indeed much much tougher..
i only managed to go tru till the 3rd stage which was the one to one interview..my advise for u is just wait patiently for the next intake(kuala lumpur or penang)..u stand a higher chance to be part of the cabin crew of SIA..trust me!!!
neway,u can try for experience...

EddieJB

Hi

Postby EddieJB » Sun, 22 Oct 2006 1:13 am

All da best to KonKon on Monday test… Hopefully, SIA would conduct recruitment in Malaysia again, especially in JB… Btw, i send in my application of Sarawakan early of this month, still waiting for their reply…
Air Asia- Now Everyone Can Fly

p3i86

Re: *winks*

Postby p3i86 » Sun, 22 Oct 2006 2:52 am

To Grivose.....
pm me your msn contact? cos i cant pm u yet...winks?

shrapnel
Regular
Regular

Postby shrapnel » Sun, 22 Oct 2006 11:43 am

dear eddiejb,
as for ur info,sia will only conduct interview at penang or kuala lumour as they only land on these two destination for the purpose of recruiment..
as for the application,i guess u'll have to wait for bout 3 weeks in order to get reply from sia..
all da best to you!!!

cotton11

Postby cotton11 » Sun, 22 Oct 2006 12:36 pm

SIA seems really strict over height issues but i've got friends measuring 1.55m n r flying with SIA.

Wondering will they "close-one-eye" during the nov intake...

sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi
Chatter
Chatter

Postby sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi » Sun, 22 Oct 2006 2:50 pm

cotton11 wrote:SIA seems really strict over height issues but i've got friends measuring 1.55m n r flying with SIA.

Wondering will they "close-one-eye" during the nov intake...

Hello Cotton and welcome to the board..Actually if you're lucky enough to get a kind person who measures your height,then maybe she'll let you in..BUT!!THEY CHECK YOUR HEIGHT EVERY NOW AND THEN..If I am not wrong,during the kebaya fitting,you are required to have your height taken once more..This is where you might get eliminated if your height is below 158 cm...So,the moral of the story is...GROW GROW GROW GROW GROW GROW GROW GROW GROW TALLLLLLEEEEEEERRRRRRR!!

But they do need tall FSS and FS's too because they have to be able to reach out to the cabins in the plane...That's why they have a height requirement..
Last edited by sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi on Sun, 22 Oct 2006 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In order to receive,you have to believe that you have received. (The Secret)

shrapnel
Regular
Regular

Postby shrapnel » Sun, 22 Oct 2006 4:40 pm

1.55m?u must be kidding me..one of my friend with the height of 1.57 was able to go tru till the water-confi check but she had been booted out as they weigh n measure her height again.
her height was being measured so many times but though she was lucky to get tru the first three rounds but with her insecure height she failed too...
so i guess for those who are a cm or 2 shorter than the min requirement (1.58m) just pray hard or as what sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi said-GROW TALLER..haha