Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
dyingprayer

Interview

Post by dyingprayer » Mon, 21 Aug 2006 2:29 pm

I've read abt the psychology and english test. Roughly...wat's the standard for their passing? How do they test for the pychology section?
Thanx! :roll:

reef

Re: Interview

Post by reef » Mon, 21 Aug 2006 3:19 pm

dyingprayer wrote:I've read abt the psychology and english test. Roughly...wat's the standard for their passing? How do they test for the pychology section?
There is no English Test. It is only a passage reading during your 1 to 1 interview.

Psyhometric test is just like a personality test to assess whether you have the traits of a prospective cabin crew. There is no right or wrong answer. This is a non elimination round, however references will be made to this test during your management interview.

ntyj
Regular
Regular

Re: Interview

Post by ntyj » Mon, 21 Aug 2006 3:53 pm

reef wrote:
dyingprayer wrote:I've read abt the psychology and english test. Roughly...wat's the standard for their passing? How do they test for the pychology section?
There is no English Test. It is only a passage reading during your 1 to 1 interview.

Psyhometric test is just like a personality test to assess whether you have the traits of a prospective cabin crew. There is no right or wrong answer. This is a non elimination round, however references will be made to this test during your management interview.
yup, like wad reef mentioned, i guess the passage reading is to check how fluently u can speak and pronounce?
as for the psychometric test...theres no elimination unless u really did it in a way where normal person wouldnt have done? but i guess if u achieve that level..i think u wouldnt even be surviving at that rd?

its computerised...the questions are something like
"rate urself 1 to 5 with 1 being agree and 5 strongly disagree"
den there will be alot of descriptions.. like trustworthy? friendly? self discipline? initiative...etc. u jus have to key in 1-5 for all the traits.

hope this helps!

Shreked
Regular
Regular

Post by Shreked » Mon, 21 Aug 2006 5:35 pm

sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi wrote:Are you male or female?

Once you're pregnant you can't fly that much..Too much commitment to family.

I want to 'Fly In The Air' for my whole life too..I am really keen in this career.
Keke. Im a male. =)
Marrying or not,it depends on god. =)
I'm Evolving!
My Wings are growing!!!

sujoiedevivre

Post by sujoiedevivre » Mon, 21 Aug 2006 10:03 pm

Paige wrote:
yy wrote:
Hopeless wrote:Halo!

Has anyone been to Silkair interview? How was it like? Do share ur inputs ya... :o

hello, i failed the interview !!
Hi yy,
what happen?
care to share?

Olooo. i just get in up to 2nd round..but seem not sure how it goes after dat...i dnt knw the result yet..whether they accepting me or not??

blancD
Chatter
Chatter

Post by blancD » Tue, 22 Aug 2006 12:07 am

sujoiedevivre wrote:
Paige wrote:
yy wrote:
hello, i failed the interview !!
Hi yy,
what happen?
care to share?

Olooo. i just get in up to 2nd round..but seem not sure how it goes after dat...i dnt knw the result yet..whether they accepting me or not??
if you got in to the nextround, you would be given a paper and asked to come back the next day
"City of Ang3Ls"

Ixora

Post by Ixora » Tue, 22 Aug 2006 5:31 am

Hi ntyj :wave: ,

just to ask, how long will everything take from the first interview thru till the medical check-up? I did hear differently from my frens, saying that it varys . With considerations to the few tests that one has to get thru, u did mention all tests together should take abt 4/5 days? what abt the waiting time in between those days?

I presume that the whole process will take abt 2mths max? Pls correct me if i am wrong.

love to hear frm u , Ix

Carin

Post by Carin » Tue, 22 Aug 2006 9:44 am

Hi peeps,

Im a newbie to this forum.... Jus wanna check out... how should the attire be for the interview. Cos I heard from those friends of mine who went for the interview, their attire varies... And how much make-up needed?

What are they looking for in the first interview?

Hope to hear from you guys!! Thanks!!

dyingprayer

Post by dyingprayer » Tue, 22 Aug 2006 5:21 pm

hi would like to find out from married FA...whose spouse is not flying.. is it all workable? :roll: thankx

Maverick00

Just wondering?

Post by Maverick00 » Tue, 22 Aug 2006 6:51 pm

Huummm...U know...I'm just wondering,lets say if ya male,standing at 1.63 and holding 5 N's,2 O's and Nitec in Electronics cert......Do u think SQ would actually bother about you or even allow u to go through the interview?

Point to note,individual is confident and has good communication skills with experience in the customer service industry.

Would like to hear all ya views on this issue? And maybe share experiences? :)

Shreked
Regular
Regular

Re: Just wondering?

Post by Shreked » Tue, 22 Aug 2006 7:24 pm

Maverick00 wrote:Huummm...U know...I'm just wondering,lets say if ya male,standing at 1.63 and holding 5 N's,2 O's and Nitec in Electronics cert......Do u think SQ would actually bother about you or even allow u to go through the interview?

Point to note,individual is confident and has good communication skills with experience in the customer service industry.

i don't think so because SIA is very particular with Education even though you posses good qualities and personality. Meet all their minimum requirement first and be confident. I believe you will breeze through the interviews. =)
I'm Evolving!
My Wings are growing!!!

babymoon21

Post by babymoon21 » Tue, 22 Aug 2006 7:51 pm

Anyone here from Malaysia got the invitation to the recruitment campaign which is going to happen in KL? :roll:

sujoiedevivre

HMMMMM

Post by sujoiedevivre » Tue, 22 Aug 2006 10:11 pm

blancD wrote:
sujoiedevivre wrote:
if you got in to the nextround, you would be given a paper and asked to come back the next day
hmmm :? :roll: :wink: :D to BAD maybe i dnt get in..itz ok then...btw thanz a lot for your info...maybe i'll try again..or maybe not at all cause i'll be heading to take up Diploma...btw u got into the next round izit so Good Luck!! Congratz~ :)

reef

Re: Just wondering?

Post by reef » Tue, 22 Aug 2006 11:20 pm

Maverick00 wrote:Huummm...U know...I'm just wondering,lets say if ya male,standing at 1.63 and holding 5 N's,2 O's and Nitec in Electronics cert......Do u think SQ would actually bother about you or even allow u to go through the interview?

Hi Maverick,

I do not want to dissapoint you but am afraid that the basic requirement for education is 5 O levels with cutomer service experience. I remember someone posted that she got in all rounds...pass her medical but was eventually rejected because she doesn't have 5 O levels.

As for the height requirement, male applicants must be at least 1.65m. Your height may or may not be taken during the first interview but will definately be taken during the water confidence round. Those who doesn't meet the height requirement or BMI will be eliminated.

I am not sure if u are refering to you or your friend, but attending the interview is still a good exposure.

MARlia V.

Post by MARlia V. » Wed, 23 Aug 2006 12:30 am

Would LOVE to try out tis cming interview. The thing is, i only obtained 4 credits in 'O' level but retaking the two subjects that i have failed this year. Another problem is, i have burnt mark on my wrist which cannot, i believe, be removed by any form of cream. Help!! Any opinions?? :???: