Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Autumn

Post by Autumn » Mon, 09 May 2005 10:02 am

Oh by the way...
for those guys who are thinking of getting internal transfer to become a tech crew (ie. PILOTS) after a few years of work as cabin crew... i have to tell u that the usual application procedures for tech crew will still apply. SIA will not be more lenient or give leeways just coz u're a cabin crew. Just in case some guys have this thought..... =)

fanzy

Post by fanzy » Mon, 09 May 2005 10:21 am

Hi, Does anyone knoes wat the Pyshcometric Test will be like??

Keisha

Post by Keisha » Mon, 09 May 2005 1:05 pm

Autumn wrote:Oh by the way...
for those guys who are thinking of getting internal transfer to become a tech crew (ie. PILOTS) after a few years of work as cabin crew... i have to tell u that the usual application procedures for tech crew will still apply. SIA will not be more lenient or give leeways just because u're a cabin crew. Just in case some guys have this thought..... =)
Autumn,

what about transferring to other airlines to work as cabin crew?

do strict criteria still apply?

Keisha

Post by Keisha » Mon, 09 May 2005 1:08 pm

JoJo wrote:a cetain window period of likely within a months' time.
how often is the recruitment drive held for SIA cabin crew?

like every 2 months? every 3 months? anyone knows?

Autumn

Post by Autumn » Mon, 09 May 2005 1:46 pm

Keisha wrote:
Autumn wrote:Oh by the way...
for those guys who are thinking of getting internal transfer to become a tech crew (ie. PILOTS) after a few years of work as cabin crew... i have to tell u that the usual application procedures for tech crew will still apply. SIA will not be more lenient or give leeways just because u're a cabin crew. Just in case some guys have this thought..... =)
Autumn,

what about transferring to other airlines to work as cabin crew?

do strict criteria still apply?
Hi Keisha,

U mean as a cabin crew in SQ, and u wish to go over to other airlines? Well...these airlines will likely consider ur experience with SQ. But once recruited, u'll still have to undergo the basic training all over again. This is because the different airlines have different aircraft configurations...their meal services are also different.

niza

Post by niza » Mon, 09 May 2005 2:16 pm

Autumn wrote:
niza wrote:can someone pls help me with my qns? i m going for my kebaya check tml. feeling rather worried because i got a 1cm round scar on my neck.
How obvious is ur scar? Try to hide it with a concealer if possible. Since u're at this stage, just go ahead and give it a try ya? Dun worry too much.... =)
hi autumn, thanks for answering my qns. my scar is obvious without any concealer. but with concealer, i'm able to hide it. unless the beautician really stare at that spot on my neck, with her eyes less than 10cm away. i hope she does not do dat. haha.

i guess they allow us to put on make up and stuffs during the kebaya check is because they wanna see how much we can cover up. so if even concealer cannot cover the scar dan that is wat they consider visible. Agreeable?

niza

Post by niza » Mon, 09 May 2005 2:19 pm

hi, it's me again. sorry. this question is for those ladies who attended the water confidence test. i have a personal question to ask. can those who attended previously kindly give me ur email add and i will mail u the qns? i duno if i can post it here. thank you so much.

Autumn

Post by Autumn » Mon, 09 May 2005 2:28 pm

niza wrote:
Autumn wrote:
niza wrote:can someone pls help me with my qns? i m going for my kebaya check tml. feeling rather worried because i got a 1cm round scar on my neck.
How obvious is ur scar? Try to hide it with a concealer if possible. Since u're at this stage, just go ahead and give it a try ya? Dun worry too much.... =)
hi autumn, thanks for answering my qns. my scar is obvious without any concealer. but with concealer, i'm able to hide it. unless the beautician really stare at that spot on my neck, with her eyes less than 10cm away. i hope she does not do dat. haha.

i guess they allow us to put on make up and stuffs during the kebaya check is because they want to see how much we can cover up. so if even concealer cannot cover the scar dan that is wat they consider visible. Agreeable?
Hi Niza,
not to worry... 1cm scar is really insignificant...i'm sure u'll be able to get through... good luck ya... :)

Keisha

Help!

Post by Keisha » Mon, 09 May 2005 4:45 pm

i also have a similar case as niza...

i have about 1cm birthmark at the side of my neck. though it is at the side of my neck and it is not so dark, i'm wondering if i can conceal it using a good concealer and make-up base.

besides this birthmark, i have two or three small light colored moles on my face and one on my ear (mole is as just a ink pen dot marking). do you think i can hide them too? i do not exactly have a perfect complexion. i also get redness on my face if i use something that is sensitive to my face. sometimes i get allergic reactions too. i am sure everyone also. the redness is not a problem. but if i am able to conceal the moles and birthmark, do you think i stand a chance?

i do have one or two small moles on my hands and legs too (seen outside the kebaya but not exactly visible). would this pose as a disadvantage for me?

niza

Re: Help!

Post by niza » Mon, 09 May 2005 4:50 pm

Keisha wrote:i also have a similar case as niza...

i have about 1cm birthmark at the side of my neck. though it is at the side of my neck and it is not so dark, i'm wondering if i can conceal it using a good concealer and make-up base.

besides this birthmark, i have two or three small light colored moles on my face and one on my ear (mole is as just a ink pen dot marking). do you think i can hide them too? i do not exactly have a perfect complexion. i also get redness on my face if i use something that is sensitive to my face. sometimes i get allergic reactions too. i am sure everyone also. the redness is not a problem. but if i am able to conceal the moles and birthmark, do you think i stand a chance?

i do have one or two small moles on my hands and legs too (seen outside the kebaya but not exactly visible). would this pose as a disadvantage for me?
hi, keisha, i seriously tink that moles on the ears should not be a prob yeah? coz i got one too! haha. mine is behind the ear. but i find that moles and birthmarks are not easy to conceal. but keisha, try to put on tons of concealer. i guess it will help. all the best and wat time r u going for ur kebaya check? is it tomorrowl too?

Keisha

Scars on the back?

Post by Keisha » Mon, 09 May 2005 4:50 pm

hi to one and all...

is it all right to have scars on the back?

they will only spot check for scars outside the kebaya right?

what about the inner thighs? will the beautician check the thighs too? i do not know how high the slit will rise up to when we walk...

any idea, anyone?

niza

Re: Scars on the back?

Post by niza » Mon, 09 May 2005 4:53 pm

Keisha wrote:hi to one and all...

is it all right to have scars on the back?

they will only spot check for scars outside the kebaya right?

what about the inner thighs? will the beautician check the thighs too? i do not know how high the slit will rise up to when we walk...

any idea, anyone?
hey keisha, i think we have alot of similar problems!! haha. i've got a scar on my thigh too. but then i tink that they are more concerned about those scars , moles, birthmarks that are not covered by the kebaya. so should not be a problem unless they are really so so so strict! haha

Keisha

Re: Help!

Post by Keisha » Mon, 09 May 2005 4:55 pm

niza wrote:
Keisha wrote:i also have a similar case as niza...

hi, keisha, i seriously tink that moles on the ears should not be a prob yeah? because i got one too! haha. mine is behind the ear. but i find that moles and birthmarks are not easy to conceal. but keisha, try to put on tons of concealer. i guess it will help. all the best and wat time r u going for ur kebaya check? is it tomorrowl too?
hi, dearie! thanks for your prompt response. kind of lifted my spirits. :)

i'm yet to go for an interview in future. missed the earlier recruitment drives... therefore, let me know how it all went for you okay? share your experience with all of us.

good luck!

Post by Guest » Mon, 09 May 2005 8:56 pm

any gals got in for the may 7th interview??

Beepppppp

Post by Beepppppp » Mon, 09 May 2005 9:34 pm

Does anyone know how to apply to be a silkair cabin crew and what are the requirements??thanks!!!