Singapore Expats Forum

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
User avatar
Matt10
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 235
Joined: Thu, 06 Apr 2006

Postby Matt10 » Fri, 28 Apr 2006 4:53 pm

blur me wrote:
Matt10 wrote:hey,

If your face condition is really bad, why dont you wait for the next recruitment?

I have seen some junior flight steward(light blue jacket) whose faces have quite alot of holes. But no pimple.


Matt10: I just want to know the difference between the next recruitment and tomorrow recruitment. Why need to wait for next recruitment?


Sorry i meant the next recruitment after tomorrow's..

If you dont qualify for tomorrow's. SIA will record your name and the number of times you had applied. If you applied to many times, you will br blacklisted. I'm sure you dont want that.

Cheesie
Regular
Regular
Posts: 79
Joined: Fri, 27 Jan 2006
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby Cheesie » Fri, 28 Apr 2006 5:33 pm

Matt10 wrote:
blur me wrote:
Matt10 wrote:hey,

If your face condition is really bad, why dont you wait for the next recruitment?

I have seen some junior flight steward(light blue jacket) whose faces have quite alot of holes. But no pimple.


Matt10: I just want to know the difference between the next recruitment and tomorrow recruitment. Why need to wait for next recruitment?


Sorry i meant the next recruitment after tomorrow's..

If you dont qualify for tomorrow's. SIA will record your name and the number of times you had applied. If you applied to many times, you will br blacklisted. I'm sure you dont want that.



My sister got a friend, tried SQ for 20 over times which take her bout years to got in.. And now she have been flying for SIA for years! and channel U "Zhong Qin" she tried 8 times den can make it thr.. why will blacklisted?? :roll:

No worries bout you conditions, just try it.. No harm.. :D

User avatar
Matt10
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 235
Joined: Thu, 06 Apr 2006

Postby Matt10 » Fri, 28 Apr 2006 5:36 pm

Oh sorry. The Blacklisted thing was told by another poster who work at the SIA HR department.

Sorry.

20 times is alot. From what i know, a person can only apply once every six months right? Means, it took 10 years to get into SIA?

how old was she when she apply?

User avatar
Plavt
Director
Director
Posts: 4290
Joined: Wed, 18 May 2005
Location: United Kingdom

Postby Plavt » Fri, 28 Apr 2006 6:01 pm

I have said this before but will say it again; airlines and other employers do not 'blacklist' applicants simply because they have tried more than once. Think about it. What purpose would it serve? Should they keep failed applications it would only clog up storage space and that includes computers irrespective of what some believe. Such storage would require maintenance which costs money so do you think any company would mess about keeping failed applicants forms?

Perhaps the only time they might record an individual's name is if he or she was rum enough to do something foolish such as try to bribe a member of the personnel department (I have known it happen).

Although it is true in some companies you may be limited in the number of times you may apply and Singapore Airlines could one day change its policy but I doubt that, that will occur.


Plavt.

User avatar
sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 314
Joined: Fri, 07 Apr 2006
Location: 2012

Postby sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi » Fri, 28 Apr 2006 6:17 pm

I think she was preety young the first time she applied...

I think she should be around 18-19??

:???: :???: :???:
In order to receive,you have to believe that you have received. (The Secret)

lindylim
Member
Member
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon, 10 Apr 2006

Postby lindylim » Fri, 28 Apr 2006 10:38 pm

u can go as many times as you wants for walk-in interview. from the last feb walk-in interview... i heard those who failed saturday's interview, went for the sunday's. yup.. so i doubt SIA will blacklist and note the number of times we tried. Bear in mind, it's not only 200 people that went, but thousands.

please advice me if i commented wrongly.

Cheesie
Regular
Regular
Posts: 79
Joined: Fri, 27 Jan 2006
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby Cheesie » Sat, 29 Apr 2006 12:53 am

Matt10 wrote:Oh sorry. The Blacklisted thing was told by another poster who work at the SIA HR department.

Sorry.

20 times is alot. From what i know, a person can only apply once every six months right? Means, it took 10 years to get into SIA?

how old was she when she apply?


She was 18/19.. its was about 5/6 years ago.. Whereby SIA was still walk-in base! :oops: But imaging! millions of record they would need to be kept, and ya! why do they need the records for? Most of my friends, tried Soooo many time! In the end still got in! Its just that, on that day how was your interviewee.... AND BY LUCK! so, JUST GO! :cool:

prince
Member
Member
Posts: 42
Joined: Fri, 27 Jan 2006

Postby prince » Sat, 29 Apr 2006 3:56 am

Matt10 wrote:Oh sorry. The Blacklisted thing was told by another poster who work at the SIA HR department.

Sorry.

20 times is alot. From what i know, a person can only apply once every six months right? Means, it took 10 years to get into SIA?

how old was she when she apply?


u don't have to wait 6 months before u reapply. once they have a recruitment out, u can apply again.

Brian CZC
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue, 25 Apr 2006
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby Brian CZC » Sat, 29 Apr 2006 5:38 am

All the best to those going down for the walk in interview today! :D :D :D

User avatar
Menaquinone
Member
Member
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed, 04 Jan 2006

Re: curious

Postby Menaquinone » Sat, 29 Apr 2006 10:27 am

singaporegrrl wrote:
blur me wrote:Thanks to zoergal n vt 4 d info of my previous question. anyway i still have a question. Will they check our skin espcially our face in the first round? There's a pimples on my face!!! arghh .. Need to wear formal attire for the interview? But my friend told me SIA can wear casual. Sorry for disturbing.


This issue shouldn't be a question anymore. You know that a job as a flight attendant will invite thousands of hopefuls. You only have a few minutes to shine in front of the interviewers. The first thing they look is your first impression. The competition is tight so you need to be sellable. With an impressive external presentation and impressive personality and credentials, without a doubt, you'll slide through that round. Remember that the 1st round is one of the most crucial phase where you have a couple of thousand to compete with.


Gee...i believe that personality is something inherent and can't be tailored so as to allow you to shine at the interviews. So its a little trickier if that X factor cannot come thru during the interviews. Tough road ... hmm what do you think ?

On a different note, are there any current SIA employees out there who might know whether the Cabin Crew Executive (CCE) position is still in existence? I had no luck when searching for it on the SIA website.

later,
MK

VT
Regular
Regular
Posts: 136
Joined: Thu, 02 Mar 2006

Re: curious

Postby VT » Sat, 29 Apr 2006 12:55 pm

Menaquinone wrote:
singaporegrrl wrote:
blur me wrote:Thanks to zoergal n vt 4 d info of my previous question. anyway i still have a question. Will they check our skin espcially our face in the first round? There's a pimples on my face!!! arghh .. Need to wear formal attire for the interview? But my friend told me SIA can wear casual. Sorry for disturbing.


This issue shouldn't be a question anymore. You know that a job as a flight attendant will invite thousands of hopefuls. You only have a few minutes to shine in front of the interviewers. The first thing they look is your first impression. The competition is tight so you need to be sellable. With an impressive external presentation and impressive personality and credentials, without a doubt, you'll slide through that round. Remember that the 1st round is one of the most crucial phase where you have a couple of thousand to compete with.


Gee...i believe that personality is something inherent and can't be tailored so as to allow you to shine at the interviews. So its a little trickier if that X factor cannot come thru during the interviews. Tough road ... hmm what do you think ?

On a different note, are there any current SIA employees out there who might know whether the Cabin Crew Executive (CCE) position is still in existence? I had no luck when searching for it on the SIA website.

later,
MK


I dun think the CCE position is available anymore. Cos it was on the web for months before it was taken out few weeks back.

User avatar
Matt10
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 235
Joined: Thu, 06 Apr 2006

Postby Matt10 » Sat, 29 Apr 2006 1:20 pm

hello.

so did anyone out there went to the SIA recruitment of stewardess?

care to tell us about the experience??

for Flight stewards interview tomorrow, i wish you guys all the best!

oceanmist
Regular
Regular
Posts: 61
Joined: Wed, 26 Apr 2006
Contact:

Postby oceanmist » Sun, 30 Apr 2006 1:42 am

Matt10 wrote:hello.

so did anyone out there went to the SIA recruitment of stewardess?

care to tell us about the experience??

for Flight stewards interview tomorrow, i wish you guys all the best!


hi Matt,

I went, but it was at like 2pm. As from what I heard from the earlier interviewees, there was more than 2000 ppl.

But i can be pretty sure total no. of ppl who went into round 2 is 190++. And susprisingly round 2 was conducted right after round 1.

However, due to over-whelming response, the 5 panel of judges only managed to finish 80.

The balance will wait for emails to confirm on date, time and venue.

Regards,
Dee

User avatar
milky
Member
Member
Posts: 33
Joined: Mon, 24 Apr 2006
Location: Toilet bowl

Postby milky » Sun, 30 Apr 2006 2:07 am

oceanmist wrote:
Matt10 wrote:hello.

so did anyone out there went to the SIA recruitment of stewardess?

care to tell us about the experience??

for Flight stewards interview tomorrow, i wish you guys all the best!


hi Matt,

I went, but it was at like 2pm. As from what I heard from the earlier interviewees, there was more than 2000 ppl.

But i can be pretty sure total no. of ppl who went into round 2 is 190++. And susprisingly round 2 was conducted right after round 1.

However, due to over-whelming response, the 5 panel of judges only managed to finish 80.

The balance will wait for emails to confirm on date, time and venue.

Regards,
Dee
means they will re interview again???

User avatar
milky
Member
Member
Posts: 33
Joined: Mon, 24 Apr 2006
Location: Toilet bowl

help! SOS

Postby milky » Sun, 30 Apr 2006 2:14 am

Regarding the Water -confidence test and uniform -fit ...any tips of dos and don'ts?
Is tattoo a 'Nono' ?
Anyone can tell me more about Psychometric test????
what is it about???


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests