Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Cheesie
Regular
Regular

Post by Cheesie » Sat, 22 Apr 2006 1:19 am

Its next saturday? anyone going??

carsiao

hihi

Post by carsiao » Sat, 22 Apr 2006 7:38 am

Any idea it is applied the job on that day? or do we have to check applied in the web site?

Bittersweet

Post by Bittersweet » Sat, 22 Apr 2006 7:50 am

:D
Last edited by Bittersweet on Sat, 22 Apr 2006 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

xu5w

Post by xu5w » Sat, 22 Apr 2006 9:23 am

Cheesie wrote:Its next saturday? anyone going??
Hi Cheesie, i'm interested to go also. want to meet up? :wink:

vivi
Regular
Regular

Re: hihi

Post by vivi » Sat, 22 Apr 2006 11:24 am

carsiao wrote:Any idea it is applied the job on that day? or do we have to check applied in the web site?
ITs a walk-in. so you can just bring your resume and certificates along. Do eat breakfast / lunch before attending the interview, may be a long wait. :wink:

cheers

ryanstarr
Regular
Regular

Post by ryanstarr » Sat, 22 Apr 2006 11:50 am

Bittersweet wrote:Ryanstar - Check your PM.
Thank you for writing, "Bittersweet". I'm sure you're more sweet than bitter! So the walk-in interview for SQ is on Saturday, 29 April and the day after, at Suntec City. I was just there on April 1 for the UA interview. What a tremendous experience...different from SQ though. No minimum height stipulated. They just stuck a piece of sticky tape on the wall and we tried to reach for it! No problem there. The same for guys and gals. Now that's what I call an equal opportunity employer! :wink:
Aspire to inspire before you expire.

charle

Post by charle » Sat, 22 Apr 2006 12:32 pm

Glad to see that they are conducting interview again, going for my fourth try, I failed 2 final interviews, just failed on 12 april. sad...

karen-k

Post by karen-k » Sat, 22 Apr 2006 12:35 pm

hi there...there's a recruitment exercise in Singapore, do SIA conduct cabin crew interview in KL?? am from KL.....or shall i wait......?? :roll:

xu5w

Post by xu5w » Sat, 22 Apr 2006 2:10 pm

charle wrote:Glad to see that they are conducting interview again, going for my fourth try, I failed 2 final interviews, just failed on 12 april. sad...
Hi, the final interview u meant was it the mgmt rnd???

wow.. i didnt know SIA just had their interview on 12 apr. So fast they are having one again?. i remembered last time they send invitation to go for interviews roughly stretch ard 2 wks and only recruit like 2mths once.

i'm going for the 2nd attempted. the 1st one was 1.5yrs ago.. it was horrible.. i was so nervous n was kicked out during the 1st rnd. :shock:

Matt10
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Matt10 » Sat, 22 Apr 2006 2:23 pm

karen-k wrote:hi there...there's a recruitment exercise in Singapore, do SIA conduct cabin crew interview in KL?? am from KL.....or shall i wait......?? :roll:
Yes SIA conduct interview in KL. They just had one in Penang. I think you have to wait for the interview in KL. Since you are a Malaysian, you can come to Singapore for the interview.

Goodluck.

kitin82

Post by kitin82 » Sat, 22 Apr 2006 2:37 pm

Hi guys..

Just want to find out if we could write in to them to request for another interview date as I'll be out of town for a business trip next weekend! :cry:

Any input is much appreciated..Thanx!! :)

Cheers,
Christine

Matt10
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Matt10 » Sat, 22 Apr 2006 2:56 pm

Try calling the HR department soon

Twinklez27

Post by Twinklez27 » Sat, 22 Apr 2006 3:15 pm

Hihi,

Jus want to ask, should we bring our own resume, or the application form that they posted online last time, or click 'apply for this job' and send our resume online? Heh, just a bit confused...

Appreciate loads for the help~

Matt10
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Matt10 » Sat, 22 Apr 2006 3:20 pm

Eryan wrote:Cabin Crew Full Time Permanent posted 21/04/2006
Singapore,

Requirements

We will soon be conducting a recruitment exercise in Singapore.

As a Flight Steward or Flight Stewardess with Singapore Airlines, you can expect to take home a total income of about $3,500 a month, including fixed salary and variable incentive allowances. Plus an annual wage supplement
of one month’s basic salary and profit t-sharing bonus. You will also be entitled to free travel to any SIA destination once a year and enjoy discounted travel at other times.

To fulfil the demands of this exciting profession, you will need to have the following qualities:
• Singapore or Malaysian citizenship
• Males who are at least 1.65m in height; females who are at least 1.58m
• At least 2 GCE ‘A’-level credits and 2 ‘O’-level credits including General Paper in the GCE ‘A’-level examination; or a Diploma from a local Polytechnic (Those with at least 5 GCE ‘O’-level credits, including English, and relevant working experience may also apply)
• Completed, are exempted from, or are not liable for National Service. Those in the process of completing NS may also apply
• The willingness and commitment to serve a compulsory service bond

Preference will be given to candidates who are able to speak foreign languages or are experienced in customer service.

We are always looking for high-flying individuals with a passion for service to join our elite team. If you’re raring to take your career to the sky, we would be pleased to meet you.

Interviews will be conducted at:
Suntec Singapore International Convention & Exhibition Centre

For Stewardesses:

on 29 April 2006 from 9am to 3pm (Meeting Rooms 303 – 305)

For Stewards:

on 30 April 2006 from 9am to 12pm (Meeting Rooms 325 – 326)

Please bring along your original birth and educational certificates, identity card, and a passport-sized photograph.
I am very happy because SIA only wants Diploma from a local polytechnic but not from private institute or ITE. I feel O level is not enough as they used to accept O level holders who didnt have any relevant experience. Late last year, they mentioned that O level holders must have minimum of 5 years of working experience in the relevant industry before they can apply. It such a long time and by the time those people apply for SIA, they will be over age.

sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi » Sat, 22 Apr 2006 7:17 pm

REMEMBER....If a degree holder is upon the list...They will take the degree holders first..
In order to receive,you have to believe that you have received. (The Secret)