Singapore Expats Forum

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 34078
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 14 Apr 2006 8:52 pm

All this going on about wannabe FA & FS's. This is amazing to me because frankly, the only way I would fly SIA is if someone else was paying the way. I would never pay their prices for their waaaaayyyy overrated service.

Frankly, an airline is only a bus with wings for chrissakes. It's to get from point 'A' to point 'B' as quickly and safely as possible without crashing while on the runway before it gets off the ground like in Taiwan. I mean what's the longest you would be on the plane "14 hours? When I get on the plane I want to just sleep if at all possible and not having some overdressed, perfumed FS, excuse me, FA prancing up and down the aisle continuously. (Sorry, most of the FS's prance as well :( )

To me, the place to work would be on an international cruise ship. :cool:

Edited due to spelling
Last edited by sundaymorningstaple on Fri, 14 Apr 2006 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Plavt
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 4289
Joined: Wed, 18 May 2005
Location: United Kingdom

Postby Plavt » Fri, 14 Apr 2006 8:56 pm

Matt10 wrote:
SIA FA stay at a 5 star or a 4 star hotel if they have a layover. From what i know, SIA crew have to share rooms. 2 people in one room(definitely different bed).


I think somebody has been telling you stories. I have stayed in the same hotel as the cabin crew and I know where they and other airline staff stay here in London; they get a single room. SIA's cabin crew stay in a four star hotel (usually) and the pilots in a five star.

Plavt.

User avatar
Matt10
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 235
Joined: Thu, 06 Apr 2006

Postby Matt10 » Fri, 14 Apr 2006 8:59 pm

Hmmm, i looked at many photographs of SIA cabin crew in the Blog. The showed photgraphs of them in the hotel room. And they said that they share rooms... They also stay at 5 star hotel. My cousin who is a FA said he stayed in Hilton hotel(5 star) while he was at a country(i forgotten where was it.)

Plavt
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 4289
Joined: Wed, 18 May 2005
Location: United Kingdom

Postby Plavt » Fri, 14 Apr 2006 9:03 pm

Matt10 wrote:Hmmm, i looked at many photographs of SIA cabin crew in the Blog. The showed photgraphs of them in the hotel room. And they said that they share rooms... They also stay at 5 star hotel. My cousin who is a FA said he stayed in Hilton hotel(5 star) while he was at a country(i forgotten where was it.)


Possibly something was said carelessly, it would not be the first time I have come across something that was said about the crew and sometimes by the crew themselves that turned out to be rubbish. I guess rumours and stories abound no matter where you work.

Plavt.

User avatar
Matt10
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 235
Joined: Thu, 06 Apr 2006

Postby Matt10 » Fri, 14 Apr 2006 9:13 pm

Plavt wrote:
Matt10 wrote:Hmmm, i looked at many photographs of SIA cabin crew in the Blog. The showed photgraphs of them in the hotel room. And they said that they share rooms... They also stay at 5 star hotel. My cousin who is a FA said he stayed in Hilton hotel(5 star) while he was at a country(i forgotten where was it.)


Possibly something was said carelessly, it would not be the first time I have come across something that was said about the crew and sometimes by the crew themselves that turned out to be rubbish. I guess rumours and stories abound no matter where you work.

Plavt.


agree with you. :D

VT
Regular
Regular
Posts: 136
Joined: Thu, 02 Mar 2006

Postby VT » Fri, 14 Apr 2006 11:50 pm

Matt10 wrote:
Plavt wrote:
Matt10 wrote:Hmmm, i looked at many photographs of SIA cabin crew in the Blog. The showed photgraphs of them in the hotel room. And they said that they share rooms... They also stay at 5 star hotel. My cousin who is a FA said he stayed in Hilton hotel(5 star) while he was at a country(i forgotten where was it.)


Possibly something was said carelessly, it would not be the first time I have come across something that was said about the crew and sometimes by the crew themselves that turned out to be rubbish. I guess rumours and stories abound no matter where you work.

Plavt.


agree with you. :D


Well... SQ crew stay in both 4 and five star hotels, depending on location. And for new crew during their SNY, which is training flights, two persons will share a room. After that, they will each have their own rooms.

User avatar
blancD
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 286
Joined: Sat, 25 Feb 2006

Postby blancD » Sat, 15 Apr 2006 1:33 am

what, the debate is about rooms and hotels now? lolx. . .
i guess SIA has the crews best interest at its heart? They stay two persons in a room. . . and like the rest said, at least a 4 star hotel
"City of Ang3Ls"

prince
Member
Member
Posts: 42
Joined: Fri, 27 Jan 2006

Postby prince » Sat, 15 Apr 2006 4:12 pm

Matt10 wrote:Hmmm, i looked at many photographs of SIA cabin crew in the Blog. The showed photgraphs of them in the hotel room. And they said that they share rooms... They also stay at 5 star hotel. My cousin who is a FA said he stayed in Hilton hotel(5 star) while he was at a country(i forgotten where was it.)


just to clear this up, we all get our own room each. the only exception is when we are on our training flights during our training period, we will share a room with our buddy. but once we start flying officiall, we get our own room, even if the room has 2 single beds (we normally put our bags and stuff on the other bed). But sometimes we do share room with other crews ah, it;s more fun. hehe

User avatar
ryanstarr
Regular
Regular
Posts: 102
Joined: Tue, 24 Jan 2006
Location: Frankel Avenue

Postby ryanstarr » Sat, 15 Apr 2006 6:25 pm

Aiyoh, please be careful who you share room with, girls. I got molested in Beijing by a steward who invited himself to my room. As he was around my batch, I didn't want to make a big fuss, but my dad was furious. :(
Aspire to inspire before you expire.

Plavt
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 4289
Joined: Wed, 18 May 2005
Location: United Kingdom

Postby Plavt » Sat, 15 Apr 2006 6:33 pm

ryanstarr wrote:Aiyoh, please be careful who you share room with, girls. I got molested in Beijing by a steward who invited himself to my room. As he was around my batch, I didn't want to make a big fuss, but my dad was furious. :(


I am apalled at that and with respect you should report such persons, what right has he got to think you are 'available' to please his desires. I am not surprised your dad was furious, he had every reason and every right.


Plavt.

see PM.

User avatar
singaporegrrl
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 635
Joined: Mon, 21 Nov 2005
Location: Singapore / United Arab Emirates

Postby singaporegrrl » Sat, 15 Apr 2006 7:15 pm

Plavt wrote:
ryanstarr wrote:Aiyoh, please be careful who you share room with, girls. I got molested in Beijing by a steward who invited himself to my room. As he was around my batch, I didn't want to make a big fuss, but my dad was furious. :(


I am apalled at that and with respect you should report such persons, what right has he got to think you are 'available' to please his desires. I am not surprised your dad was furious, he had every reason and every right.


Plavt.

see PM.


Yes, by not reporting, you are giving the impression that you don't mind. He might do it again, maybe to you or to another FSS. The other FSS could have the same opinion as you by simply brushing it off. In the end, he might have a few more victims but still have his flying job safe in hand. I don't think he deserve that.
Jangan tanya soalan merepek boleh tak?

User avatar
Matt10
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 235
Joined: Thu, 06 Apr 2006

Postby Matt10 » Sat, 15 Apr 2006 7:46 pm

Do something girl!

By the way, IF crew are asked to share room, does male and female stay together????????????


From what i know, it is quite common for crews to have casual sex whenever they are abroad.
Last edited by Matt10 on Sat, 15 Apr 2006 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
singaporegrrl
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 635
Joined: Mon, 21 Nov 2005
Location: Singapore / United Arab Emirates

Postby singaporegrrl » Sat, 15 Apr 2006 7:51 pm

Matt10 wrote:IF crew are asked to share room, does male and female stay together.


This is ridiculous! If a room is assigned to crews of different gender, the company has not given them humanity respect.
Jangan tanya soalan merepek boleh tak?

User avatar
Matt10
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 235
Joined: Thu, 06 Apr 2006

Postby Matt10 » Sat, 15 Apr 2006 7:54 pm

singaporegrrl wrote:
Matt10 wrote:IF crew are asked to share room, does male and female stay together.[/quote]

This is ridiculous! If a room is assigned to crews of different gender, the company has not given them humanity respect.


Sorry it was question but i pressed the full stop button instead. I was just asking..

Plavt
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 4289
Joined: Wed, 18 May 2005
Location: United Kingdom

Postby Plavt » Sat, 15 Apr 2006 8:18 pm

Matt10 wrote:
By the way, IF crew are asked to share room, does male and female stay together????????????


What do you think?



From what i know, it is quite common for crews to have casual sex whenever they are abroad.


I think you have been hearing stories again. I doubt if many of them would take the chance of an unwanted pregnancy not to mention maintaining their dignity which the greatest number undisputedly do.

Plavt.


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests