Singapore Expats Forum

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.

Postby Guest » Thu, 05 May 2005 11:23 am

any guys went for interview and signed up by SIA already?

Jap

Japan Airlines

Postby Jap » Thu, 05 May 2005 12:48 pm

Anyone working at Japan Airlines?

Keisha

Interesting Website on Airlines

Postby Keisha » Thu, 05 May 2005 1:01 pm

guys,

try out this website... found it rather interesting and related!

http://groups.msn.com/forumforsingaporeaircrew

regards,
keisha
:D

Cheerful

Postby Cheerful » Thu, 05 May 2005 2:41 pm

Well, I guess some of us are feeling a little disappointment about not getting thru to the next rounds and are still wondering WHY???

Like I said, airlines have their own criteira.. Just becos you dun make it for SIA this time doesn't mean that you're not cut out to be a crew. I've made it past the final interview for JAL and am now waiting for the medical check reports... Yet, I didn't manage to even clear the 1st round for SIA... :shock:

It's ok for me cos I believe everyone has to start somewhere... getting the job at SIA in the end might be the dream for many.. but still, you might not feel happy working there... in my opinion, it's much better working in a smaller company where most colleagues treat u well and not in a big company where you're treated like sh*t.... :lol:

All the best to all!

Leto

Postby Leto » Thu, 05 May 2005 3:25 pm

Cheerful, so u are part of JAL now...good, u finally manage to be a Cabin Crew.

But at the same time dont talk bad about SIA...come'on! Sour grapes u!! Telling people that SIA is a big company so people dont treat each other well, or being treated badly!! Who says that SIA crew treat each other badly... and what makes u think that JAL will treat u better...

You didnt make it through the 1st round because u didnt try hard enough.. or try again...

Anyway...now that you are part of JAL... good...

Cheerful wrote:Well, I guess some of us are feeling a little disappointment about not getting thru to the next rounds and are still wondering WHY???

Like I said, airlines have their own criteira.. Just becos you dun make it for SIA this time doesn't mean that you're not cut out to be a crew. I've made it past the final interview for JAL and am now waiting for the medical check reports... Yet, I didn't manage to even clear the 1st round for SIA... :shock:

It's ok for me because I believe everyone has to start somewhere... getting the job at SIA in the end might be the dream for many.. but still, you might not feel happy working there... in my opinion, it's much better working in a smaller company where most colleagues treat u well and not in a big company where you're treated like sh*t.... :lol:

All the best to all!

Postby Guest » Thu, 05 May 2005 3:38 pm

oh shut up leto. stuck up

Postby Guest » Thu, 05 May 2005 3:39 pm

congrats cheerful :) i'm happy for you!

don't let leto's crap affect ya.

JustMe

Postby JustMe » Thu, 05 May 2005 3:46 pm

Cheerful wrote:Well, I guess some of us are feeling a little disappointment about not getting thru to the next rounds and are still wondering WHY???

It's ok for me because I believe everyone has to start somewhere... getting the job at SIA in the end might be the dream for many.. but still, you might not feel happy working there... in my opinion, it's much better working in a smaller company where most colleagues treat u well and not in a big company where you're treated like sh*t.... :lol:

All the best to all!

Hey Cheerful!
Congrats on being enlisted into JAL! HOpe u'll find the job interesting...
do u mind telling me their basic salary once u know the employment package? Wana see if SQ or JAL is better..... thanks! =)

Cheerful

Postby Cheerful » Thu, 05 May 2005 4:50 pm

Thanks for all the encouragement and comments... well, as you can see---- we have to deal with pple who may not agree with us and handle the language attacks... guess we better have to get used to that if we want to stay in the job.. :)

And Leto, or whoever is using that nick, what makes you think that I didn't try hard enough?? i practiced my self-intro and even prepared one in Japanese just in case. I was the best dressed in my group of 10--- in a long-sleeve blouse with a business jacket and skirt, stockings and covered shoes, hair neatly tied in a ponytail, full makeup.. If you want to classify that as not prepared enough, then I really have no what is PREPARED.

Anyway, good luck again to all and keep your options open!

iknowleto

Postby iknowleto » Thu, 05 May 2005 4:53 pm

Anonymous wrote:oh shut up leto. stuck up

GUYS.. LETO IS NOT AROUND SINGAPORE AS HE HAVING HIS FLIGHT NOW AND NO ACCESS TO NET.. SO.. PLEASE DONT USE HIS NICK NAME AND BE A STUPID PERSON WHO DUN HAVE TIME AND MAKE OTHER PEOPLE MAD.

U KNOW "KARMA" RIGHT?? ULL GET IT BACK SOON!

Ex-crew

Postby Ex-crew » Thu, 05 May 2005 5:22 pm

Hey....
How abt setting up a forum for ex-SQ crew? LIkt that, we'll be able to chat abt the company etc.....

candleberry

Can add me in msn?

Postby candleberry » Thu, 05 May 2005 9:51 pm

hi there, my interview will be at 9.00am this saturday..are u the same as me?? care to add me in the msn? Jaclyn4181@hotmail.com[/b]

tata

SIA Interview

Postby tata » Thu, 05 May 2005 11:15 pm

Aramis,
How you know there are 35 intake for stewards ?
You mean 35 were selected for the upper management interview or they were signed up by SIA.
I think this time round the number of stewards intake would be drastically reduce.

Postby Guest » Thu, 05 May 2005 11:19 pm

i heard only 10%of shortlisted candi go tthe contract so i think the number is rather low

anyway i was wondering if ther is other airline that offer steward jos at the moment

msn/ email me agapechris@hotmail.com

pie

Postby pie » Fri, 06 May 2005 1:03 am

that is the estimated number of stewardesses/stewards SIA wants everytime they recruit so it is not surprising. if they recruit too much at a time, dan their recruitment exercise will be reduced to maybe once a yr?