Singapore Expats Forum

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
User avatar
insight
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun, 01 Jan 2006
Location: Singapore

Postby insight » Wed, 15 Mar 2006 10:49 pm

prince wrote:
misdemeanor wrote:Does anyone know exactly what the psychometric test is about?


its a set of questions... u do it on the computer. after answering the quesitons, a chart will be drafted out to show your dominance, ur extrovert, your patience etc it will be used against u during the management interview. but for mine, i don't see them referring to the graph at all. so it depends.


So hw long will the the psychometric test take? About hw many ques?

plyn
Member
Member
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu, 29 Dec 2005
Contact:

Postby plyn » Wed, 15 Mar 2006 11:24 pm

insight wrote:
prince wrote:
misdemeanor wrote:Does anyone know exactly what the psychometric test is about?


its a set of questions... u do it on the computer. after answering the quesitons, a chart will be drafted out to show your dominance, ur extrovert, your patience etc it will be used against u during the management interview. but for mine, i don't see them referring to the graph at all. so it depends.


So hw long will the the psychometric test take? About hw many ques?


it's quite a long list of questions if i can remember correctly. mainly adjectives to describe u, ur personality at wk, and the above mentioned characteristics etc. very often, the same characteristics (but phrased in another way) will appear in the list, so you just have to be consistent in ur answers. be yourself, what answer comes to ur mind first is usually the right answer. =)

all the best

Cheesie
Regular
Regular
Posts: 79
Joined: Fri, 27 Jan 2006
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby Cheesie » Thu, 16 Mar 2006 12:03 am

plyn wrote:
insight wrote:
prince wrote:
misdemeanor wrote:Does anyone know exactly what the psychometric test is about?


its a set of questions... u do it on the computer. after answering the quesitons, a chart will be drafted out to show your dominance, ur extrovert, your patience etc it will be used against u during the management interview. but for mine, i don't see them referring to the graph at all. so it depends.


So hw long will the the psychometric test take? About hw many ques?


it's quite a long list of questions if i can remember correctly. mainly adjectives to describe u, ur personality at wk, and the above mentioned characteristics etc. very often, the same characteristics (but phrased in another way) will appear in the list, so you just have to be consistent in ur answers. be yourself, what answer comes to ur mind first is usually the right answer. =)

all the best


But dun worry, this round is so easy to pass

misdemeanor
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu, 02 Mar 2006

Postby misdemeanor » Thu, 16 Mar 2006 1:10 am

Thanks for all the advice peeps! Really appreciate it :)

simperboi
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon, 06 Mar 2006

Postby simperboi » Thu, 16 Mar 2006 10:57 am

hi guys, i went for my mgt interview yesterday. but my medical examination was place on pending due to my rashes on my neck recently due to some seafood. i went to the doctor, he told me its only temporary and would recover in a month time. what SIA told me was when im recovered from the rashes and get a doctor letter to prove that it isnt a permanent or periodic rash, they would go ahead to hand me the form

any guys know how long will SIA wait for personnel and get back to them?? any idea??

thanks in advance

User avatar
tiki
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 684
Joined: Mon, 22 Aug 2005
Location: third guy from the left
Contact:

Postby tiki » Thu, 16 Mar 2006 11:21 am

plyn wrote:
insight wrote:
prince wrote:
misdemeanor wrote:Does anyone know exactly what the psychometric test is about?


its a set of questions... u do it on the computer. after answering the quesitons, a chart will be drafted out to show your dominance, ur extrovert, your patience etc it will be used against u during the management interview. but for mine, i don't see them referring to the graph at all. so it depends.


So hw long will the the psychometric test take? About hw many ques?


it's quite a long list of questions if i can remember correctly. mainly adjectives to describe u, ur personality at wk, and the above mentioned characteristics etc. very often, the same characteristics (but phrased in another way) will appear in the list, so you just have to be consistent in ur answers. be yourself, what answer comes to ur mind first is usually the right answer. =)

all the best


What comes to your mind first..

..is who you are.

No right or wrong answers.
'If you feel alive
in a darkened room
Do you know the name
of your solitude..'

User avatar
donno
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 215
Joined: Wed, 25 Jan 2006
Location: somewhere on Earth..

Postby donno » Thu, 16 Mar 2006 12:27 pm

Right! tiki...

No correct answers..
10 April 2006

Cheesie
Regular
Regular
Posts: 79
Joined: Fri, 27 Jan 2006
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby Cheesie » Thu, 16 Mar 2006 3:50 pm

Hi friend, does any one know how long is the bond for silkair?

voxvox
Member
Member
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue, 27 Dec 2005

Postby voxvox » Thu, 16 Mar 2006 4:04 pm

louisv wrote:Can candidates be booted out during the psychometric and water confidence round?


I don't think they will kick anyone out at the psychometric test as there is not right or wrong ans in that test. And results are not revealed as well. But, yes, they may boot some people out at the water confidence stage.

Good luck. :D

zoergal
Regular
Regular
Posts: 70
Joined: Wed, 28 Sep 2005

Postby zoergal » Thu, 16 Mar 2006 6:00 pm

voxvox wrote:
louisv wrote:Can candidates be booted out during the psychometric and water confidence round?


I don't think they will kick anyone out at the psychometric test as there is not right or wrong ans in that test. And results are not revealed as well. But, yes, they may boot some people out at the water confidence stage.

Good luck. :D



:shock: omg!!juz heard from a friend of mine who juz went for the SIA swimming confidence and uniform fitting. 60 ppls attended Round 3 and only 17 ppls manage to proceed to Round 4 which is the mgmt interview. omg.. the elimination rate was super duber high . :shock: ..cant believe it...

zoergal
Regular
Regular
Posts: 70
Joined: Wed, 28 Sep 2005

Postby zoergal » Thu, 16 Mar 2006 6:01 pm

zoergal wrote:
voxvox wrote:
louisv wrote:Can candidates be booted out during the psychometric and water confidence round?


I don't think they will kick anyone out at the psychometric test as there is not right or wrong ans in that test. And results are not revealed as well. But, yes, they may boot some people out at the water confidence stage.

Good luck. :D



:shock: omg!!juz heard from a friend of mine who juz went for the SIA swimming confidence and uniform fitting. 60 ppls attended Round 3 and only 17 ppls manage to proceed to Round 4 which is the mgmt interview. omg.. the elimination rate was super duber high . :shock: ..cant believe it...


sorry , i forgot to quote the swimming confidence and uniform fitting was conducted today... :roll: ..quite scary for the elimination rate

User avatar
tiki
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 684
Joined: Mon, 22 Aug 2005
Location: third guy from the left
Contact:

Postby tiki » Thu, 16 Mar 2006 6:03 pm

zoergal wrote:
voxvox wrote:
louisv wrote:Can candidates be booted out during the psychometric and water confidence round?


I don't think they will kick anyone out at the psychometric test as there is not right or wrong ans in that test. And results are not revealed as well. But, yes, they may boot some people out at the water confidence stage.

Good luck. :D



:shock: omg!!juz heard from a friend of mine who juz went for the SIA swimming confidence and uniform fitting. 60 ppls attended Round 3 and only 17 ppls manage to proceed to Round 4 which is the mgmt interview. omg.. the elimination rate was super duber high . :shock: ..cant believe it...


OH MY GAAAAAAAWD!!!!!!!!!!!!

:roll:
'If you feel alive

in a darkened room

Do you know the name

of your solitude..'

User avatar
Vaucluse
Director
Director
Posts: 3443
Joined: Sun, 10 Jul 2005

Postby Vaucluse » Thu, 16 Mar 2006 6:48 pm

tiki wrote:
zoergal wrote:
voxvox wrote:
louisv wrote:Can candidates be booted out during the psychometric and water confidence round?


I don't think they will kick anyone out at the psychometric test as there is not right or wrong ans in that test. And results are not revealed as well. But, yes, they may boot some people out at the water confidence stage.

Good luck. :D



:shock: omg!!juz heard from a friend of mine who juz went for the SIA swimming confidence and uniform fitting. 60 ppls attended Round 3 and only 17 ppls manage to proceed to Round 4 which is the mgmt interview. omg.. the elimination rate was super duber high . :shock: ..cant believe it...


OH MY GAAAAAAAWD!!!!!!!!!!!!

:roll:



:o :o Serious????? So, floating backwards is not enough????? :o :o :shock: :shock: :shock:
......................................................

'nuff said Image

User avatar
donno
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 215
Joined: Wed, 25 Jan 2006
Location: somewhere on Earth..

Postby donno » Fri, 17 Mar 2006 10:07 am

Dekulakisation
10 April 2006

User avatar
tiki
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 684
Joined: Mon, 22 Aug 2005
Location: third guy from the left
Contact:

Postby tiki » Fri, 17 Mar 2006 10:35 am

Collectivisation

....Dekulakisation?Isn't that when that dude ran in the elections...

oh! That's Dukakisation....
'If you feel alive

in a darkened room

Do you know the name

of your solitude..'


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests