Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Yunz

Post by Yunz » Wed, 08 Mar 2006 1:58 pm

hmm ... i belong to the late afternoon batch of sun interview ..
all the 4 girls that got in from my group ..
had yet to received the mail for 2nd interview ..

Yunz to SimperBoi,
does it mean by tmr we should received else we should
call SIA for enquiries ? Congraduate that you got in le ..

thanks for helping ..
Luck to all those going for the test ..

cheers :wink:
----
YunYun
Simple Ger Waiting to Fly ..
yuniquely.blogspot.com

louisv

Post by louisv » Wed, 08 Mar 2006 10:10 pm

what i know is , its a stage where they check your skin and face. i dont think guys have it, the only one is the one been held in the pool area.

so anyone goin for the final interview this week or next?
So does it mean they will check the guys bodies after the water confidence test? Must guys have great bodies too? just curious lah :D

queenie-me
Reporter
Reporter

Re: lots of test

Post by queenie-me » Wed, 08 Mar 2006 10:20 pm

ntyaoling wrote:
charkwayteow wrote:i wonder wats the failure rate for stewards?

btw i heard after the 4 mth training, there is a test?
ther is no test....it a lot a lot of tests...even after yr probation, u still have test once in a while...if i'm not wrong...shld be once a yr after that...
but mean while...if u r a trainee...u have a lot more to go lor..
You need license to fly. and your license expired after a year. Every year you will going for the test. so, BE PREPARE

simperboi

Post by simperboi » Wed, 08 Mar 2006 11:32 pm

Yunz, i got no idea. it should be this few day that you should receive the notification since some of them here has already received theirs. i doubt its a good idea to ask, the HR side should be damn busy now to handle all this from u, which in reply they might tell u wait and see. this is wat i felt, unless u felt otherwise.

as for body check for guys, i dont think they do really emphasis that u mus have great tone up body, as long you dont have fats flabbing around when you walk shall be ok.

simperboi

Post by simperboi » Wed, 08 Mar 2006 11:37 pm

yuppie, u need a license to fly, its what they called SEP. or so called Safety & Emergency Procedure. pratically, theres wet or dry runs and theory exams. basically it isnt hard to clear, u jus have to get your safety stuff straight and clear, which you need to do so during your daily job, other than this, shouldn be much prob.

blancD
Chatter
Chatter

Post by blancD » Thu, 09 Mar 2006 12:09 am

does anyone know if SIA will be exercising another recruit end of this year? as i heard, since theyve already done a major one, there might not be anything end of this year? :(
as i'm planning to try out at the end of the year due to my studies...
btw, do they emphasize on guys complextion as much as the girls?

:cry:
"City of Ang3Ls"

simperboi

Post by simperboi » Thu, 09 Mar 2006 10:17 am

welll as for the interview, i dont think this is all for this year. maybe there might not be another walk in interview but instead of their norm emailin your resume and wait for invite. they came out wit this walk-in interview, might be because they need a larger intake, which is why. as for subsequent interviews they will come in as a more controlled volume.

as for facial wise, i doubt guys need flawless skins compared to ladies. which guy on earth has flawless skin unless he puts on nite cream everynite, lightening and have the whole sets od SK2. i doubt any guys or pardon me majority has it. well of course, on the other hand, you shouldn have pimple-filled face, thats a positive. maybe one or two is ok or your face is slightly rougher, i guess its totally fine, as u guys know, guys skin tends to be much rougher but not THICK. thanks

Yunz

Post by Yunz » Thu, 09 Mar 2006 1:22 pm

ok mass interview sun late afternoon batch had received
the email for round 2 interview this sun at 9+am liao !!
=) Good Luck for all .. Cheers
----
YunYun
Simple Ger Waiting to Fly ..
yuniquely.blogspot.com

charle

Post by charle » Thu, 09 Mar 2006 3:01 pm

what about the guys that went to the interview on Sunday? now 1 of the gers got the email already. I am still waiting.

donno
Chatter
Chatter

Post by donno » Thu, 09 Mar 2006 3:04 pm

I have seen Trainees in airport but I wonder what do they do at airport

and how often do the cabin crew trainees have to go there?? Once a week??
10 April 2006

angela

Post by angela » Thu, 09 Mar 2006 3:20 pm

Hi girls and guys...

Can anyone help me out with this:

Say, i failed my management interview before, and now i would like to know what was the reason i got rejected. Is it appropriate to eventually call them up for the answer?

I seriously do not want to be blacklisted or cause whichever way that might piss them off by calling them out of the blue moon.

Just hope that i wont repeat the same mistake i did the last time....

Please help....

Angela.

blancD
Chatter
Chatter

Post by blancD » Thu, 09 Mar 2006 3:30 pm

i wonder whats the allowance like as a trainee? and the number of months the training will be going on for?
"City of Ang3Ls"

ryanstarr
Regular
Regular

Aircraft Visits

Post by ryanstarr » Thu, 09 Mar 2006 3:43 pm

quote="donno"]I have seen Trainees in airport but I wonder what do they do at airport

and how often do the cabin crew trainees have to go there?? Once a week??[/quote]

When I was a trainee, we went to Changi Airport for aircraft visits. It was frightening to see the cabin crew rushing to prepare the plane for boarding, esp when the aircraft had arrived late and the authorities wanted it to depart on schedule. Once, after I started flying and we were doing an Airbus flight, we were in such a hurry that the galley steward did not realise that the caterer offloaded the coffee/tea pots (for washing). When we realised that we did not have any pots to serve hot beverages with, we had to borrow some from Raffles Class and also apologise to the Chief Steward (when we landed in Jakarta)for this oversight. :(
Aspire to inspire before you expire.

ryanstarr
Regular
Regular

Out of the blue...

Post by ryanstarr » Thu, 09 Mar 2006 3:52 pm

angela wrote:Hi girls and guys...

Say, i failed my management interview before, and now i would like to know what was the reason i got rejected. Is it appropriate to eventually call them up for the answer?

I seriously do not want to be blacklisted or cause whichever way that might piss them off by calling them out of the blue moon.

Please help....

Angela.
You must mean out of the blue...blue moon means once in a long while, or seldom. Hope you did not speak like that at Management interview. Cause if you did...well, you draw your own conclusions. On board the aircraft, we have had SM Lee and also Coco Lee. So it is imperative that your spoken English is impeccable. :)
Aspire to inspire before you expire.

angela

Re: Out of the blue...

Post by angela » Thu, 09 Mar 2006 4:34 pm

ryanstarr wrote:
angela wrote:Hi girls and guys...

Please help....

Angela.

You must mean out of the blue...blue moon means once in a long while, or seldom. Hope you did not speak like that at Management interview. Cause if you did...well, you draw your own conclusions. On board the aircraft, we have had SM Lee and also Coco Lee. So it is imperative that your spoken English is impeccable. :)

Well, sorry for my bad English...i guess i really really need to brush up before i attend the next interview.