Singapore Expats Forum

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
SK 22
Member
Member
Posts: 25
Joined: Sat, 17 Dec 2005
Contact:

Postby SK 22 » Thu, 02 Mar 2006 2:32 pm

duckerism wrote:
voxvox wrote:
duckerism wrote:hi all.

i've made it through the group interview, the 1-to-1 interview, the kebaya fitting, the water confidence test and the psychometric test.

my next interview with the management is tentatively on next friday.

i would like to ask those who've gone through it, how many people do NOT make it through this interview?

as i've already found out, the kebaya fitting is the worst one of all. so how does the management interview stand?is it a 50-50 thing or is the percentage of success much higher?


Congrats to you, duckerism! All tne best for your management test! :D


dear voxvox,

any advice? i wld really like to know the elimination rate.

thanks.


For my round on 8 Feb, 14 girls went. 9 passed the management interview. 7 made it after the tea party. 50% elimination.

Hope it helps.

duckerism
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon, 27 Feb 2006

Postby duckerism » Thu, 02 Mar 2006 3:13 pm

SK 22 wrote:
duckerism wrote:
voxvox wrote:
duckerism wrote:hi all.

i've made it through the group interview, the 1-to-1 interview, the kebaya fitting, the water confidence test and the psychometric test.

my next interview with the management is tentatively on next friday.

i would like to ask those who've gone through it, how many people do NOT make it through this interview?

as i've already found out, the kebaya fitting is the worst one of all. so how does the management interview stand?is it a 50-50 thing or is the percentage of success much higher?


Congrats to you, duckerism! All tne best for your management test! :D


dear voxvox,

any advice? i wld really like to know the elimination rate.

thanks.


For my round on 8 Feb, 14 girls went. 9 passed the management interview. 7 made it after the tea party. 50% elimination.

Hope it helps.


the tea party is part of the interview as well?

how do they judge?

User avatar
singaporegrrl
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 635
Joined: Mon, 21 Nov 2005
Location: Singapore / United Arab Emirates

Postby singaporegrrl » Thu, 02 Mar 2006 3:17 pm

duckerism wrote:the tea party is part of the interview as well?

how do they judge?


They will mingle around with the group and have a feel of how you chat with people and present yourself in front of strangers.
Jangan tanya soalan merepek boleh tak?

duckerism
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon, 27 Feb 2006

Postby duckerism » Thu, 02 Mar 2006 3:25 pm

how long is the management interview and the tea party respectively?

User avatar
Plavt
Director
Director
Posts: 4290
Joined: Wed, 18 May 2005
Location: United Kingdom

Postby Plavt » Thu, 02 Mar 2006 4:16 pm

Trish wrote:
Plavt wrote:Best Wishes to you Ashie at least you are not 'trying to put the cart before the horse' as we say in English. (You may have seen the second post by oNe which for some reason has been removed.)


Plavt.


Hey sorry, can I ask what are the contents of the second post by one? I think I had missed it.






The second post by oNe was at some length and I cannot remember everything so here is the gist of it;

Firstly it was mentioned that more people than anticipated attended the elected venue. Further to this the poster was not impressed by those who seemed incapable of simply finding their way to the hotel. In addition it was noticed that some having failed on one day turned up the next. The situation was not helped by people without the required qualifications attending.

Plavt.
Last edited by Plavt on Thu, 02 Mar 2006 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

louisv
Member
Member
Posts: 27
Joined: Mon, 27 Feb 2006

Postby louisv » Thu, 02 Mar 2006 4:19 pm

Herad that during mgt interview, you will be asked to present a topic and speak on stage. They will also ask you questions pertaining flying and customer service. My friend was prsented with different scanrios to test her response.

duckerism
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon, 27 Feb 2006

Postby duckerism » Thu, 02 Mar 2006 4:23 pm

louisv wrote:Herad that during mgt interview, you will be asked to present a topic and speak on stage. They will also ask you questions pertaining flying and customer service. My friend was prsented with different scanrios to test her response.


different scenarios... could you give some examples?

just need something to expect for that day.

User avatar
singaporegrrl
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 635
Joined: Mon, 21 Nov 2005
Location: Singapore / United Arab Emirates

Postby singaporegrrl » Thu, 02 Mar 2006 4:34 pm

duckerism wrote:
louisv wrote:Herad that during mgt interview, you will be asked to present a topic and speak on stage. They will also ask you questions pertaining flying and customer service. My friend was prsented with different scanrios to test her response.


different scenarios... could you give some examples?

just need something to expect for that day.


I don't think it'll be any help if anyone were to give examples coz there is big chance that you won't be asked the same questions. Probably you could surf the net and search for "flight attendant interview questions". Some websites provide a list of them.
Jangan tanya soalan merepek boleh tak?

SK 22
Member
Member
Posts: 25
Joined: Sat, 17 Dec 2005
Contact:

Postby SK 22 » Thu, 02 Mar 2006 5:00 pm

singaporegrrl wrote:
duckerism wrote:
louisv wrote:Herad that during mgt interview, you will be asked to present a topic and speak on stage. They will also ask you questions pertaining flying and customer service. My friend was prsented with different scanrios to test her response.


different scenarios... could you give some examples?

just need something to expect for that day.


I don't think it'll be any help if anyone were to give examples coz there is big chance that you won't be asked the same questions. Probably you could surf the net and search for "flight attendant interview questions". Some websites provide a list of them.


I agree with Singaporegrrl... the most important thing you need to do is to think of what you want to say. Same question like your background, your job, your family, why you want to join SIA will be asked. I do have prior presentation.

Just be natural. Kept smiling and talking. They will ask more in-depth questions based on your presentation.

For myself, I was not asked on situational qns. My interview is more towards a casual conversation. The 2 interviewers are very friendly and nice. A lot of laughters generated. :)

I think grooming and looks will still be part of the judgement. The whole interview is about 15-20 mins

As for the tea party, 2 ladies spoken the most, however, they are eliminated. :???: I presume that the way you conduct yourself and the way you speak and your looks are being judged.

Tea party is we stood in semi circle and interacts with the 2 interviewers. You can ask questions related to training, contract, etc.

duckerism
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon, 27 Feb 2006

Postby duckerism » Thu, 02 Mar 2006 5:07 pm

hi SK 22,

thanks alot. i believe what you've shared will be of some help. i'm not that worried about the talking and answering questions, it's more about what they're expecting.

i do hope all goes well though.

TeaHouse
Member
Member
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun, 26 Feb 2006

Re: 2nd inter

Postby TeaHouse » Thu, 02 Mar 2006 5:19 pm

ntyaoling wrote:halo...so has anyone that got thru the 1st on sunday afternoon...recevie
ther appointment for the 2nd interview.??
damn...i still havn't rec it yet...hopefully i not the only wan..


Me too and i got through on Sat afternoon. Sincerely hope that the Murphy's Law is not at work here.

SK 22
Member
Member
Posts: 25
Joined: Sat, 17 Dec 2005
Contact:

Postby SK 22 » Thu, 02 Mar 2006 5:44 pm

duckerism wrote:hi SK 22,

thanks alot. i believe what you've shared will be of some help. i'm not that worried about the talking and answering questions, it's more about what they're expecting.

i do hope all goes well though.


Hi Dukerism,

Don't worry, do your very best. Just take this interview as a interaction and casual conversation. :D

angela
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu, 20 Oct 2005

Postby angela » Thu, 02 Mar 2006 5:45 pm

SK 22 wrote:As for the tea party, 2 ladies spoken the most, however, they are eliminated. :???: I presume that the way you conduct yourself and the way you speak and your looks are being judged.


:? I tot only the quiet ones will be eliminated...well how bout those who didnt speak a thing? But present themselves well and elegant enough?

User avatar
blancD
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 286
Joined: Sat, 25 Feb 2006

Postby blancD » Thu, 02 Mar 2006 7:17 pm

hi moo_mer,

nope they dont. you can always check out their recruitments dates, etc... in their official website. www.singaporeair.com

louisv
Member
Member
Posts: 27
Joined: Mon, 27 Feb 2006

Postby louisv » Thu, 02 Mar 2006 8:15 pm

The situational questions invlove handling difficult customers so if you have prior customer service experience, it is easy to smoke through, even then, if you do not have any customer service experience, just use your common sense to answer it. Shouldn't be a problem lah. I don't think they will be any tea party this round because they are in need of cabin crews and this batch will start training very soon. This is all I heard.


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests