Singapore Expats Forum

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Cheesie
Regular
Regular
Posts: 79
Joined: Fri, 27 Jan 2006
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby Cheesie » Tue, 21 Feb 2006 12:42 pm

zin wrote:Cheesie
and chai ching,
can i meet you both too? iim going at 9am on 26th too.


i going on saturday yeah! :D :D :D

zin
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 15
Joined: Sat, 18 Feb 2006

Postby zin » Tue, 21 Feb 2006 12:44 pm

oh that's sad!! can you tell us how was your interview after you are over with it then?

Cheesie
Regular
Regular
Posts: 79
Joined: Fri, 27 Jan 2006
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby Cheesie » Tue, 21 Feb 2006 12:44 pm

zin wrote:
Rinny:
Hey, if you don't mind me asking, when did u send ur resume and what's the invite about? can u pls kindly PM me?
thanks

i sent it on early feb and the invite was like that:

Thank you for your recent application for the position of Flight Stewardess
with Singapore Airlines.
I am pleased to invite you for an interview on either 25 February 2006
(Saturday) or 26 February 2006 (Sunday),
between 0900 hrs to 1500 hrs, at the following address:

Meritus Mandarin Singapore,
Mandarin Court A & B,
Level 4 - Grand Tower.

Your serial number for the interview is 164 and you will need to inform the
registration staff of the same when you attend the interview.
Please bring a copy of this e-mail with you and all the ORIGINALS of your
identity card, birth certificate, educational certificates, and a
passport-sized photograph on the day of the interview.
Please note that all expenses that you incur for attending this interview
will be on your personal account.

We look forward to meeting you soon.


Mmmm... Is not Necessary to send the resume right?

Cheesie
Regular
Regular
Posts: 79
Joined: Fri, 27 Jan 2006
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby Cheesie » Tue, 21 Feb 2006 12:45 pm

zin wrote:oh that's sad!! can you tell us how was your interview after you are over with it then?


Yep.. no problem! if i fail on the saturday, do you all think i can go for the sunday too??? :shock:

User avatar
Vaucluse
Director
Director
Posts: 3443
Joined: Sun, 10 Jul 2005

Postby Vaucluse » Tue, 21 Feb 2006 1:10 pm

Cheesie wrote:
zin wrote:
Rinny:
Hey, if you don't mind me asking, when did u send ur resume and what's the invite about? can u pls kindly PM me?
thanks

i sent it on early feb and the invite was like that:

Thank you for your recent application for the position of Flight Stewardess
with Singapore Airlines.
I am pleased to invite you for an interview on either 25 February 2006
(Saturday) or 26 February 2006 (Sunday),
between 0900 hrs to 1500 hrs, at the following address:

Meritus Mandarin Singapore,
Mandarin Court A & B,
Level 4 - Grand Tower.

Your serial number for the interview is 164 and you will need to inform the
registration staff of the same when you attend the interview.
Please bring a copy of this e-mail with you and all the ORIGINALS of your
identity card, birth certificate, educational certificates, and a
passport-sized photograph on the day of the interview.
Please note that all expenses that you incur for attending this interview
will be on your personal account.

We look forward to meeting you soon.


Mmmm... Is not Necessary to send the resume right?



Wow, sharp as a tack cheesie!
......................................................

'nuff said Image

Cheesie
Regular
Regular
Posts: 79
Joined: Fri, 27 Jan 2006
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby Cheesie » Tue, 21 Feb 2006 1:59 pm

Vaucluse wrote:
Cheesie wrote:
zin wrote:
Rinny:
Hey, if you don't mind me asking, when did u send ur resume and what's the invite about? can u pls kindly PM me?
thanks

i sent it on early feb and the invite was like that:

Thank you for your recent application for the position of Flight Stewardess
with Singapore Airlines.
I am pleased to invite you for an interview on either 25 February 2006
(Saturday) or 26 February 2006 (Sunday),
between 0900 hrs to 1500 hrs, at the following address:

Meritus Mandarin Singapore,
Mandarin Court A & B,
Level 4 - Grand Tower.

Your serial number for the interview is 164 and you will need to inform the
registration staff of the same when you attend the interview.
Please bring a copy of this e-mail with you and all the ORIGINALS of your
identity card, birth certificate, educational certificates, and a
passport-sized photograph on the day of the interview.
Please note that all expenses that you incur for attending this interview
will be on your personal account.

We look forward to meeting you soon.


Mmmm... Is not Necessary to send the resume right?



Wow, sharp as a tack cheesie!


Nope! i was just asking! :oops:

zin
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 15
Joined: Sat, 18 Feb 2006

Postby zin » Tue, 21 Feb 2006 2:39 pm

it is not necessary to send a resume i think as it is a walk-in interview they r offering now.

Greenlife
Regular
Regular
Posts: 51
Joined: Mon, 20 Feb 2006
Contact:

Postby Greenlife » Tue, 21 Feb 2006 3:34 pm

Hi Chai Ching,

Thanks for you advise.
I'm quite surprise that you offer me to go along with you but I think you do not know I'm actually a guy. This is my first time apply for the SIA cabin crew. I like the travelling life but I'm worry I'm not qualify enough for this position.

Tell you that I already prepare what going to said during intro session. I'm soooo nervous now and worry I can't present well on that day. Haiz.....
anyway, I hope I can pass the test.

Pray for me ...hahahha

Cheesie
Regular
Regular
Posts: 79
Joined: Fri, 27 Jan 2006
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby Cheesie » Tue, 21 Feb 2006 3:48 pm

Greenlife wrote:Hi Chai Ching,

Thanks for you advise.
I'm quite surprise that you offer me to go along with you but I think you do not know I'm actually a guy. This is my first time apply for the SIA cabin crew. I like the travelling life but I'm worry I'm not qualify enough for this position.

Tell you that I already prepare what going to said during intro session. I'm soooo nervous now and worry I can't present well on that day. Haiz.....
anyway, I hope I can pass the test.

Pray for me ...hahahha


Hi Greenlife.. :wink: Must BE COOL..... :D
Last edited by Cheesie on Sun, 02 Jul 2006 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Greenlife
Regular
Regular
Posts: 51
Joined: Mon, 20 Feb 2006
Contact:

Postby Greenlife » Tue, 21 Feb 2006 3:59 pm

Hi Cheesie,

May I know you are applying for the flight steward or stewardess?
Keen to chat in msn....

My look is okay with the glasses,but I never try contact lens before so this would be my first time wearing contact lens, I feel like not nice looking menn....no choice...what to do...haiz

Greenlife
Regular
Regular
Posts: 51
Joined: Mon, 20 Feb 2006
Contact:

intro session

Postby Greenlife » Tue, 21 Feb 2006 4:12 pm

Hi people....

Wondering what should we said for the first round intro session....
anyone keen to share their experience before....how it's look like?

thanks!!!

User avatar
Paige
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 246
Joined: Tue, 13 Sep 2005
Location: Singapore

Re: intro session

Postby Paige » Tue, 21 Feb 2006 4:37 pm

Greenlife wrote:Hi people....

Wondering what should we said for the first round intro session....
anyone keen to share their experience before....how it's look like?

thanks!!!


Hi Greenlife,
During the interview, 1st, they will measure your height.
Then will arrange 10 people in a group and we were asked to self intro and tell them why do you want to join SIA or why do u want to become a FA? Somtimes they will give you a topic to discuss.
Self-Intro (just say anything about you... such as age, name, hobbies character, occupation etc...)
Well.. above steps applied for FSS (flight stewardess) guess will be around the same for FS (flight steward).

All the best to you...

Cheers!
Paige :wink:

Plavt
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 4289
Joined: Wed, 18 May 2005
Location: United Kingdom

Postby Plavt » Tue, 21 Feb 2006 4:44 pm

Paige wrote:
Greenlife wrote:Hi,

I do not know how to swim, so shall I go to SIA cabin crew interview?
I saw some people posted day 2 round 3 is swim test. so how...

:(

Hi Greenlife,
During the swim test, life jacket is provided. So as long as you are able to float using it, it shouldn't be a problem...

All the best..

Cheers!
Paige



Use your comon sense Paige: you have to be able to swim we have had this argument before!

Plavt.

chai ching
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 443
Joined: Mon, 06 Feb 2006
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby chai ching » Tue, 21 Feb 2006 5:24 pm

Oops.... im really so sorry about that. Didnt know that you are a guy actually. Forgive me that. Cuz i still thought that you are a girl. My pleasure. Oh like that i see. So its your first time applying for SIA Cabin Crew. By the way, before that they advertise it on their website. You didnt even try apply it before at their website. Its great that you are well prepare what to say on that day. Dont worry, on that day just be yourself and calm. Dont be too nervous about it. Yup i will surely pray real hard for you. Cross my fingers.
:lol:

Cheers!!

User avatar
Paige
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 246
Joined: Tue, 13 Sep 2005
Location: Singapore

Postby Paige » Tue, 21 Feb 2006 5:27 pm

Plavt wrote:
Paige wrote:
Greenlife wrote:Hi,

I do not know how to swim, so shall I go to SIA cabin crew interview?
I saw some people posted day 2 round 3 is swim test. so how...

:(

Hi Greenlife,
During the swim test, life jacket is provided. So as long as you are able to float using it, it shouldn't be a problem...

All the best..

Cheers!
Paige



Use your comon sense Paige: you have to be able to swim we have had this argument before!

Plavt.

Hi Plavt,

Have you been to the SIA swim test before?? Well.. during their swim test, all the candidates will need to wear the life jacket no matter they know or don't know how to swim. Then they are required to swim to the other end of the pool with their life jackets. And YES!!! a Cabin crew SHOULD KNOW how to swim. BUT right now, we are discussing about the SIA cabin crew interview my dear...

P.S: Dun doubt me on my common sense!!! :mad:
Paige :twisted:


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests