Singapore Expats Forum

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
User avatar
chiken_c
Member
Member
Posts: 28
Joined: Sat, 11 Feb 2006

Postby chiken_c » Sat, 18 Feb 2006 10:04 pm

personally i feel that you've just have to be yourself. becos ultimately no matter how much u prepare.. if ur not urself.. people will be able sense it? I believe that 1st round they will be much lenient with regards to what u wear esp when it comes to walk in interview.. of course dun wear shorts and big tees and slippers?

and as i was reading the posts in this thread i realise that there are a lot of things that aspiring fa or even we as human beings shld do less

1. cut down on unnecessary negative labelling (i think she's just pure selfish. selfish is a type of labe)
2. stop one upping (e.g wah lau i think i can do better lor!)

well these are some of the bad ways of interacting with others. communicate in a positive ways and life will much easier! =D

Kel83
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri, 06 Jan 2006
Contact:

Postby Kel83 » Sat, 18 Feb 2006 10:09 pm

Since this round of recruitment will be of a walk-in type... I wonder if the interview procedures will be the same not since there will be large number of applicants applying for it.... Will it still be 10per grp or will it be of a larger grp... ???

voxvox
Member
Member
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue, 27 Dec 2005

Postby voxvox » Sat, 18 Feb 2006 10:29 pm

Kel83 wrote:Since this round of recruitment will be of a walk-in type... I wonder if the interview procedures will be the same not since there will be large number of applicants applying for it.... Will it still be 10per grp or will it be of a larger grp... ???


Hi Kel83,

I have not been to a walk in interview before. However, i believe it should be somewhat similar to the interviews conducted at the STC. If there are more than 10 candiates (lets say 20) in the 1st round of self intro, i am not sure if the interviewers are able to achieve quality selection standards.

Perhaps anyone who had been to the walk in recruitment drive can enlighten us? Thank you. :)

kwyam1
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun, 01 Jan 2006

Postby kwyam1 » Sun, 19 Feb 2006 10:45 am

hmmm shld i apply for it if im like only 157 cm..? :???:

User avatar
Quasimodo
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 595
Joined: Tue, 25 Oct 2005

Postby Quasimodo » Sun, 19 Feb 2006 11:12 am

kwyam1 wrote:hmmm shld i apply for it if im like only 157 cm..? :???:


Yes. Yes you should apply for several reasons: :)

You can read. When it says minimum 165cm you read 157cm - what an asset! ](*,)

You are decisive. You ask complete starngers on the internet to confirm your career choice. =D>

You are clearly intelligent as 157 is the same as 165 - wear high heels and stand on your tippie-toes. The idiots at recruiting will never know. :wink:


Oh - - - hang on. =; Is there are reason why they have a minimum height requirement????? #-o

Naaaaaaah - can't be. They just grabbed a number out of the air to piss off shorter people. :-$


(I added lots of smilies in case you misunderstand the words. :o )
One in the hand is worth two of something

Kel83
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri, 06 Jan 2006
Contact:

Postby Kel83 » Sun, 19 Feb 2006 11:13 am

kwyam1 wrote:hmmm shld i apply for it if im like only 157 cm..? :???:


i guess you are a female and the min. requirement height for female is 158... I think you should go for a try.... I doubt they will be so strict for a 1cm diff.... Anyway they will be taking your height if this time round the procedure is the same as STC one....

User avatar
singaporegrrl
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 635
Joined: Mon, 21 Nov 2005
Location: Singapore / United Arab Emirates

Postby singaporegrrl » Sun, 19 Feb 2006 1:04 pm

voxvox wrote:
Kel83 wrote:Since this round of recruitment will be of a walk-in type... I wonder if the interview procedures will be the same not since there will be large number of applicants applying for it.... Will it still be 10per grp or will it be of a larger grp... ???


Hi Kel83,

I have not been to a walk in interview before. However, i believe it should be somewhat similar to the interviews conducted at the STC. If there are more than 10 candiates (lets say 20) in the 1st round of self intro, i am not sure if the interviewers are able to achieve quality selection standards.

Perhaps anyone who had been to the walk in recruitment drive can enlighten us? Thank you. :)


Most airlines practice a panel interview with 10 candidates or less. More than that would be too many. It used to be 8 candidates for SIA and SilkAir.
Jangan tanya soalan merepek boleh tak?

User avatar
superpinkystar
Regular
Regular
Posts: 109
Joined: Mon, 05 Dec 2005

Re: Interview Stages

Postby superpinkystar » Sun, 19 Feb 2006 1:28 pm

[quote="voxvox"]I guess since there is a recruitment going on very soon, people will also start asking what to be expected from the interview rounds. I have been through it once and will like to share my experience with everyone. Hope they are useful and will get everyone prepared.

I got the information below from some previous pages in the forum and added some words of my own. And if anyone find any discrepancy, please feel free to highlight to us. :D


Day 1 - Round 1: 10 interviewees in a room. Different questions posed so dont harp on any generic ones? Upon successful clearance, you will remain for round 2.

Day 1 - Round 2: 1-1 interview with an interviewer. Upon successful clearance, you will be rewarded with day 2 programs. They will ask you to bun up your hair if your hair is long. This is for the kebaya fitting.

Day 2 - Round 1: Kebaya fitting. Those who make it through the 2nd round will be asked to try the uniform. After that, one by one, the candidate will go into the well lit room with 3 interviewers with which one of them will be a beautician who will check for obvious scars. The candidate will be asked to walk to and forth the room. A tray will be handed to her and she is to stretch out her hands holding the tray.

After everyone has been through the stage, results will be announced. Those who did not make it through will be asked to leave. Those who did it, will stay for the 2nd and 3rd rounds. This is rather a “killer”
*smile always

Rinny
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed, 18 Jan 2006

Re: interview for SIA

Postby Rinny » Sun, 19 Feb 2006 1:52 pm

zin wrote:i sent my resume for SIA air stewardess and got a reply to go for the interview at mertius mandarin . Anyone know what to wear for the interview? :)


Hey, if you don't mind me asking, when did u send ur resume and what's the invite about? can u pls kindly PM me?
thanks

Rinny
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed, 18 Jan 2006

Postby Rinny » Sun, 19 Feb 2006 1:55 pm

Can anyone tell me how to download the application form for the interview next wkend for stewardess? because the application form on the websire seems to be for Cabin Crew Executive.

Thanks! :)

Kel83
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri, 06 Jan 2006
Contact:

Postby Kel83 » Sun, 19 Feb 2006 1:57 pm

singaporegrrl wrote:Most airlines practice a panel interview with 10 candidates or less. More than that would be too many. It used to be 8 candidates for SIA and SilkAir.


yah i noe... but since this time round will not be at STC and candidates will not be shortlisted for it... There bound to be huge no. of applicants... SO I'm just wondering if they will change the format of the interview....

:)

Cheesie
Regular
Regular
Posts: 79
Joined: Fri, 27 Jan 2006
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby Cheesie » Sun, 19 Feb 2006 4:34 pm

mmmm... ya.. dunno will it still the same format during STC... Think they probably just grab anyone who came for the interview.. cos you guys are saying they really in need of FA right now, right?

Hope can get in!!!

Kel83
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri, 06 Jan 2006
Contact:

Postby Kel83 » Sun, 19 Feb 2006 4:47 pm

Cheesie wrote:mmmm... ya.. dunno will it still the same format during STC... Think they probably just grab anyone who came for the interview.. cos you guys are saying they really in need of FA right now, right?

Hope can get in!!!


don think they will just grab anyone bah.... but hopefully I can get into...

any guys going for this round of interview???

Cheesie
Regular
Regular
Posts: 79
Joined: Fri, 27 Jan 2006
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby Cheesie » Sun, 19 Feb 2006 4:55 pm

ANyway, hope FA wannabes can smoothly get through all the rounds.. anyone going on the saturday? i will be going in the morning probably!! :wink:

:???: worries alot...................

Kel83
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri, 06 Jan 2006
Contact:

Postby Kel83 » Sun, 19 Feb 2006 5:55 pm

Cheesie wrote:ANyway, hope FA wannabes can smoothly get through all the rounds.. anyone going on the saturday? i will be going in the morning probably!! :wink:

:???: worries alot...................


oh... most prob i'll be going in the noon... :D


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests