Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
prince

Post by prince » Tue, 07 Feb 2006 1:38 am

Vaucluse wrote:
prince wrote:
ryanstarr wrote:Thank you, Vaucluse and Paige...you 2 have been most helpful. I have replied to the private message, thanks so much! Would be glad to share my experience of flying with SQ with anyone out there who is curious. Take care... :)
hihi ryanstarr.. i just got into sq too! r u a steward or stewardess?

If the avatar is anything to go by, she'd be a lady and you'd be quite silly for asking (ideally suited for this forum) - if the reverse is true then I'd look silly for being logical and ryanstarr would be sexually confused.
from what i see, her avatar is a celebrity. this model call lin chi ling.. if im not wrong.. n the nick is ryan.. which infers it could possibly be a him. hence my qn.. i might appear as silly to you guys.. it doesnt bother me... it wont affect me or my life in any way. i jus couldn't believe there are such meanies around. oh well... there are many types of people.. knowing there are ppl like u guys ard r a good thing because it just further highlight the good in other people.

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Post by Vaucluse » Tue, 07 Feb 2006 7:37 am

knowing there are ppl like u guys ard r a good thing because it just further highlight the good in other people.
If I could understand what you write I might be :

a) Pleased
b) Insulted
c) Also 12-years old like you

'nuff said Image

ryanstarr
Regular
Regular

Post by ryanstarr » Tue, 07 Feb 2006 8:22 am

Good morning, all. Thank you for the feedback. I'm a female(stewardess) lah... not too computer savvy, so I used a picture I found on this web site. I'm Chinese and dun look dissimilar to the pic. That's the reason why I chose it to represent meself! Cheers... :)
Last edited by ryanstarr on Tue, 07 Feb 2006 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

ryanstarr
Regular
Regular

Post by ryanstarr » Tue, 07 Feb 2006 8:26 am

Prince, thank you for writing. And congratulations on getting in. Take good care when you start flying. It's a jungle out there. Or up there!! :)

ryanstarr
Regular
Regular

Post by ryanstarr » Tue, 07 Feb 2006 3:15 pm

Hey Vaucluse, I think you have a good sense of humour! I really mean that. I actually find the forum quite meaningful and joined to contribute and exchange views. Prince, I thought, asked a valid question and I must apologise if I have been the cause of any fiction. Just dun want the senior crew or management to come down on me if I inadvertantly say something "wrong". Life in SQ can at times be cruel and I know of many who have quit flying. Do continue to correspond everyone, k? :)

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Post by Vaucluse » Tue, 07 Feb 2006 5:13 pm

Thank you for the compliment, ma'am! :)

No friction at all - levity can be misunderstood at times.

'nuff said Image

Saint
Director
Director

Post by Saint » Tue, 07 Feb 2006 5:22 pm

And may they employ more FAs like you Ryanstarr [-o<

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Tue, 07 Feb 2006 5:49 pm

Saint wrote:And may they employ more FAs like you Ryanstarr [-o<
Amen.

Plavt.

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Post by Vaucluse » Tue, 07 Feb 2006 5:52 pm

Plavt wrote:
Saint wrote:And may they employ more FAs like you Ryanstarr [-o<
Amen.

Plavt.

Ditto

'nuff said Image

Ayshumi_nita

SIA STewardess

Post by Ayshumi_nita » Tue, 07 Feb 2006 6:08 pm

i'm an undergraduate in 2nd year doin Bsc science,n em i've applied for SIA n they cald me 4 interview sumwhere in nov 2005, but i couldn't attend, but wanna join after gettin my degree, it'll wil b in 2007, is it still possible 4 them to consider my application or do i hafta see them personally n explain, n can anyone help me out bout tis stewardess info, i'm an indian girl with pleasant personality,21+...........pls mail me personally aaaanyone in SIA , i would like to get sum info.thanks a lot n really lookin forward. :)
check on the dice throw them

abastos

Abastos

Post by abastos » Tue, 07 Feb 2006 7:37 pm

Thank you all. SIA HR Dept told my cousin bro that he will be considered for the next future batch of interviews. So people, from this I know that you can actually apply anytime and it would not be disregarded if you submit your application when there's no recruitment. I am happy for him because we both can fly now! WOOHOO!

abastos

Nita

Post by abastos » Tue, 07 Feb 2006 7:45 pm

well, what you can do now is to wait till 2007 which is till you complete your degree. But, if you want to join SIA, you can do so by leaving half way from your degree which i doubt you will do. So, you submit your application on your mid final year so that your application can be seen first and put on the interview slot first since u've been called for an interview previously. Good luck nita, wish you best in your degree and to become a future SIA air Stewardess.

SIA- The Airlines Others Talk About

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Tue, 07 Feb 2006 8:13 pm

abastos,
Very well written posts, glad to see you can be bothered to write English correctly.

Plavt.

abastos

thanks

Post by abastos » Wed, 08 Feb 2006 2:17 am

Sincere thanks to you plavt, for your comments. Appreciate it. Wish you all the best in your endeavours and I do believe one of them is to be a SQ air stewardess. All the best!=P

AirCon

Re: thanks

Post by AirCon » Wed, 08 Feb 2006 9:58 am

abastos wrote:Sincere thanks to you plavt, for your comments. Appreciate it. Wish you all the best in your endeavours and I do believe one of them is to be a SQ air stewardess. All the best!=P

Agree, nice postings - very helpful.

(Though Plavt in a kebaya would be a treat - hairy legs and all)