Singapore Expats Forum

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
purpledoll
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri, 16 Dec 2005

Postby purpledoll » Sat, 21 Jan 2006 12:49 am

anyone from msia which submission date was on 24th dec, got any reply yet?

it has been almost a month now. but i havent had any news from SQ yet. im really really worried... :???:

User avatar
singaporegrrl
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 635
Joined: Mon, 21 Nov 2005
Location: Singapore / United Arab Emirates

Postby singaporegrrl » Sun, 22 Jan 2006 12:46 am

Why has it been very quiet down here?
Jangan tanya soalan merepek boleh tak?

User avatar
Brian Chin
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri, 06 Jan 2006

Postby Brian Chin » Mon, 23 Jan 2006 8:44 am

Cuz... it's the off peak season? :wink:

Btw, I just discovered something about my health... I have Thalasemea Minor... Hereditary blood disorder... does that mean... I'll have trouble passing the body check up? :cry:
<<Time does not ease the pain... Time lets you get used to pain...>>

SK 22
Member
Member
Posts: 25
Joined: Sat, 17 Dec 2005
Contact:

Postby SK 22 » Mon, 23 Jan 2006 11:23 am

Brian Chin wrote:Cuz... it's the off peak season? :wink:

Btw, I just discovered something about my health... I have Thalasemea Minor... Hereditary blood disorder... does that mean... I'll have trouble passing the body check up? :cry:


Hi brian..

Thalassemia Minor or Thalassemia Trait. In this condition, the lack of beta protein isnot great enough to cause problems in the normal functioning of the hemoglobin. A person with this condition simply carries the genetic trait for thalassemia and will usually experience no health problems other than a possible mild anemia. As in mild alpha thalassemia, physicians often mistake the small red blood cells of the person with beta thalassemia minor as a sign of iron-deficiency anemia and incorrectly prescribe iron supplements.

Hope the above info helps. now must depend whether SIA would clear ur medical checkup.

I'M*(!_!)*Julie
Regular
Regular
Posts: 119
Joined: Sun, 20 Nov 2005
Location: Singapore

Postby I'M*(!_!)*Julie » Mon, 23 Jan 2006 1:26 pm

singaporegrrl wrote:Why has it been very quiet down here?


Dear Singaporegrrl,

When the next recruitment come by, it will be crowded and flooded with people again. No worries! Haven't seen Silk Air recruitment yet. Think have to wait until Feb.

Best regards,
Julie Tan
Never Regret, As Life Is Too Short For Regrets!

Plavt
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 4289
Joined: Wed, 18 May 2005
Location: United Kingdom

Postby Plavt » Mon, 23 Jan 2006 5:32 pm

Brian Chin wrote:Cuz... it's the off peak season? :wink:

Btw, I just discovered something about my health... I have Thalasemea Minor... Hereditary blood disorder... does that mean... I'll have trouble passing the body check up? :cry:


Brian,

I live in the area of London that was at one time known as 'Little Cyprus', you will find your condition is common among Greek Cypriots and I would imagine Greeks. I would not suppose there are many Greeks in Singapore but I thought I would post this just for information and hope it helps in some way.

Plavt.

User avatar
Brian Chin
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri, 06 Jan 2006

Postby Brian Chin » Mon, 23 Jan 2006 10:06 pm

Thanks SK 22 and Plavt. :D

I'm beta Thalassemia minor. So prctically no problems at all. Heck! I don't even feel anemic for the past 24 years! Just that I don't wish anything to happen if I made it through to the medical test. Oh well... I think I'll worry IF I do make it to that stage :-|
<<Time does not ease the pain... Time lets you get used to pain...>>

SK 22
Member
Member
Posts: 25
Joined: Sat, 17 Dec 2005
Contact:

Postby SK 22 » Mon, 23 Jan 2006 10:28 pm

Brian Chin wrote:Thanks SK 22 and Plavt. :D

I'm beta Thalassemia minor. So prctically no problems at all. Heck! I don't even feel anemic for the past 24 years! Just that I don't wish anything to happen if I made it through to the medical test. Oh well... I think I'll worry IF I do make it to that stage :-|


You are welcome. I thought you just knew the above illness after the medical checkup. :)

Don't worry, go and try the next recruitment round

User avatar
superpinkystar
Regular
Regular
Posts: 109
Joined: Mon, 05 Dec 2005

cabin crew.

Postby superpinkystar » Tue, 24 Jan 2006 12:22 am

hey all,
congrats to all who gotten their jobs at SQ. i have failed my managment once again. it's my 2nd attempt. anyways, i have been marked by the management. i cannot apply till 6 months later. from internal sources, i have a friend who is a very senior cabin crew told me she went to check on the reason why i have not been selected. she told me that managment found me too mature in my looks and thinking. oh well..what an excuse.

so i guess this isn't the job for me. but i am cool bout it. at least i know how are the interviews are like prior to becoming a Singapore Girl. :D
*smile always

Plavt
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 4289
Joined: Wed, 18 May 2005
Location: United Kingdom

Re: cabin crew.

Postby Plavt » Tue, 24 Jan 2006 2:04 am

superpinkystar wrote: she told me that managment found me too mature in my looks and thinking. oh well..what an excuse.



I think this may mean you should be aiming at something higher up the ladder. :-k


Plavt.

SK 22
Member
Member
Posts: 25
Joined: Sat, 17 Dec 2005
Contact:

Re: cabin crew.

Postby SK 22 » Tue, 24 Jan 2006 9:16 am

superpinkystar wrote:hey all,
congrats to all who gotten their jobs at SQ. i have failed my managment once again. it's my 2nd attempt. anyways, i have been marked by the management. i cannot apply till 6 months later. from internal sources, i have a friend who is a very senior cabin crew told me she went to check on the reason why i have not been selected. she told me that managment found me too mature in my looks and thinking. oh well..what an excuse.

so i guess this isn't the job for me. but i am cool bout it. at least i know how are the interviews are like prior to becoming a Singapore Girl. :D


Hi superpinkystar,

Do not be disheartened. There will be a bright career option for you beside becoming SIA girl :D

When is your mgt interview date?

I was given a tentatively mgt interview date on the 8 feb.

I think my interview date is the last of all. Will there be so-called "quota"?

angela
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu, 20 Oct 2005

Postby angela » Tue, 24 Jan 2006 10:05 am

purpledoll wrote:anyone from msia which submission date was on 24th dec, got any reply yet?

it has been almost a month now. but i havent had any news from SQ yet. im really really worried... :???:


Hi Purpledoll,

As far as concern, there isnt any invites for malaysians yet. But not sure how long more it'll take. *hmm*

:(

User avatar
superpinkystar
Regular
Regular
Posts: 109
Joined: Mon, 05 Dec 2005

Re: cabin crew.

Postby superpinkystar » Tue, 24 Jan 2006 11:19 am

SK 22 wrote:
superpinkystar wrote:hey all,
congrats to all who gotten their jobs at SQ. i have failed my managment once again. it's my 2nd attempt. anyways, i have been marked by the management. i cannot apply till 6 months later. from internal sources, i have a friend who is a very senior cabin crew told me she went to check on the reason why i have not been selected. she told me that managment found me too mature in my looks and thinking. oh well..what an excuse.

so i guess this isn't the job for me. but i am cool bout it. at least i know how are the interviews are like prior to becoming a Singapore Girl. :D


Hi superpinkystar,

Do not be disheartened. There will be a bright career option for you beside becoming SIA girl :D

When is your mgt interview date?

I was given a tentatively mgt interview date on the 8 feb.

I think my interview date is the last of all. Will there be so-called "quota"?


hey SK 22,
mine was the first interview ever conducted. it was on the 17th January. i requested it earlier because it was my exams week. all the best!!! there is no such thing as quoto so just give your best shot!!
*smile always

SK 22
Member
Member
Posts: 25
Joined: Sat, 17 Dec 2005
Contact:

Re: cabin crew.

Postby SK 22 » Tue, 24 Jan 2006 11:32 am

superpinkystar wrote:
SK 22 wrote:
superpinkystar wrote:hey all,
congrats to all who gotten their jobs at SQ. i have failed my managment once again. it's my 2nd attempt. anyways, i have been marked by the management. i cannot apply till 6 months later. from internal sources, i have a friend who is a very senior cabin crew told me she went to check on the reason why i have not been selected. she told me that managment found me too mature in my looks and thinking. oh well..what an excuse.

so i guess this isn't the job for me. but i am cool bout it. at least i know how are the interviews are like prior to becoming a Singapore Girl. :D


Hi superpinkystar,

Do not be disheartened. There will be a bright career option for you beside becoming SIA girl :D

When is your mgt interview date?

I was given a tentatively mgt interview date on the 8 feb.

I think my interview date is the last of all. Will there be so-called "quota"?


hey SK 22,
mine was the first interview ever conducted. it was on the 17th January. i requested it earlier because it was my exams week. all the best!!! there is no such thing as quoto so just give your best shot!!


Hi superpinkystar,

icic.. i will put in my best effort..


take care

User avatar
singaporegrrl
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 635
Joined: Mon, 21 Nov 2005
Location: Singapore / United Arab Emirates

Postby singaporegrrl » Tue, 24 Jan 2006 4:43 pm

Below is a joke about Singapore Girls. To the prospective Singapore Girls, try to change this image.

One American airline company was very impressed with the SIA air-stewardesses and wanted to find out how SIA selected their Singapore Girls. So one fine day, they sent one of their management guy to attend a SIA interview session. The secret of SIA success finally transpired during the interview....

Interviewer: What were you doing before applying for this sacred job?

Interviewee: Study lor....

When the person came out from the interview room he was so impressed for he had never expected that all SIA girls had actually studied law before becoming an air-stewardess.
Jangan tanya soalan merepek boleh tak?


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests