Singapore Expats Forum

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
User avatar
singaporegrrl
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 635
Joined: Mon, 21 Nov 2005
Location: Singapore / United Arab Emirates

Postby singaporegrrl » Thu, 19 Jan 2006 12:05 am

Plavt, Quasimodo was telling readers NOT to think you and the others are trying to bring you down.

Well I agree with Plavt and Quasimodo. I mean if you can't take in mere critiques, I don't think you would go through the recruitment at all. Imagine facing a few tough interviewers. Well I think that's rather easy for some but try facing passengers and nasty seniors on the same flight. It's RIGHT NOW that one must start learning to accept critiques, especially the harsh ones.

And of course, don't ask stupid questions like "is it ok if I can't swim?" or "what is the email of SIA HR?", etc. I mean if you want this BADLY, don't be lazy and use the internet! C'mon, the internet do wonders! I find ALOT of information researching via the world wide web. Anyone can do it. Yahoo! and Googles are good vehicles to start you off with. Even my 9y/o brother knows how to look for pictures for his school projects using Yahoo!

And well, don't depend solely on luck. Well yes, sometimes luck plays a part but YOU play the bigger role. I used to think why I were eliminated again and again, and it got me thinking for more than a week or two. Try to analyse where you've gone wrong. It could be the little things that might be lethal in bringing yourself to the next round.

Again, I've found some useful information worth sharing and I'd like to thank Yahoo! for making my search happen.


[color=indigo]1. Score big with your first impression. Do not treat the company’s “little people,”
Jangan tanya soalan merepek boleh tak?

EaStSider~
Member
Member
Posts: 36
Joined: Mon, 02 Jan 2006

Postby EaStSider~ » Thu, 19 Jan 2006 12:17 am

You will not get a job with SIA, or any 'better' job by being lucky - that is total and complete bullshit and is a sad excuse for not preparing for your interview process. If you didn't get the job there is a reason. Analyse yourself and work on what you think let you down in the interview - FORGET ABOUT THE NOTION THAT IT WAS BAD LUCK. Something made you not pass the exam - work on it.
Presenation, language fluency, confidence, knowledge, swimming



Agree with ya...luck or the lack of it is simply a poor reason to use in any situation...I like to think that we 'create' our own luck..Its due to certain things that we do that so that certain things happen...Such as the preparation,making notes.... :)
"Learning is the beginning of wealth.Learning is the beginning of health.Learning is the beginning of spirituality.Searching and learning is where the miracle process all begins." ~ Jim Rohn

User avatar
Menaquinone
Member
Member
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed, 04 Jan 2006

Postby Menaquinone » Thu, 19 Jan 2006 12:28 am

Ouch that hurts. :???:

floatg away,
MK4

User avatar
M
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 857
Joined: Tue, 13 Sep 2005
Location: Singapore

Postby M » Thu, 19 Jan 2006 2:37 pm

Basically if anyone thinks that they know the selection procedures for SINGAPORE AIRLINE RECRUITMENT that well, good for them. But, just a but. What is applicable for other airlines doesn't mean it is being applied back in SINGAPORE?

I'm just curious, would anyone know better than those whom went through the selection procedures themselves or even having family members in the affiliations? Maybe not once again? Probably some might disagree and I certainly think you would be? :P

M :cool:

SK 22
Member
Member
Posts: 25
Joined: Sat, 17 Dec 2005
Contact:

Postby SK 22 » Thu, 19 Jan 2006 3:08 pm

How's the management interview going on?

I am currently waiting for my management interview date. :(

From the forum, i am sad to hear that some failed the mgt interview.

Any advise and what are the qns asked during the mgt interview? kindly share. i am most appreciated.

btw, how is the passing rate? How many ppl are selected?

plyn
Member
Member
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu, 29 Dec 2005
Contact:

Postby plyn » Thu, 19 Jan 2006 3:38 pm

SK 22 wrote:How's the management interview going on?

I am currently waiting for my management interview date. :(

From the forum, i am sad to hear that some failed the mgt interview.

Any advise and what are the qns asked during the mgt interview? kindly share. i am most appreciated.

btw, how is the passing rate? How many ppl are selected?


hi sk22, i juz had my mgmt interview yesterday. dun worry, just be yourself during e interview. for our slot, we had 2 lady interviewers and they were nice ppl. at this stage, they juz want to noe you better on a more personal basis so they'll ask qns like ur family backgd, working experience, lifestyle etc.

i feel that it's more relaxed than the first 2 rounds but of cos, this is also the last time u can convince them u r up to the job and really want it. all in all, be sincere and be YOURSELF. don't memorise ur lines cos they can tell.

the waiting for e results is the killer though, cos u dunno if u're in or out until the lady outside announces that u get to remain for tea-party or u have to leave e premises.

well, juz do ur best :) but watch out, nothing's final until after the tea-party as eliminations are still possible.

out of 12 girls, 7 passed the mgmt interview. but only 6 got thru in the end.. and now, the waiting is on again.. for the medical tests to be cleared.

hope my info is useful to those gg for the mgmt interview tmr and those still waiting for the mgmt interview date! all the best to u all!

SK 22
Member
Member
Posts: 25
Joined: Sat, 17 Dec 2005
Contact:

Postby SK 22 » Thu, 19 Jan 2006 3:57 pm

thanks plyn for your prompt reply. so do you make it?

I am at least not that worry. only 7 got in.. but seems to be better than the dec intake.

do they look at appearance and figures?

plyn
Member
Member
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu, 29 Dec 2005
Contact:

Postby plyn » Thu, 19 Jan 2006 3:58 pm

SK 22 wrote:thanks plyn for your prompt reply. so do you make it?

I am at least not that worry. only 7 got in.. but seems to be better than the dec intake.

do they look at appearance and figures?


yup, im waiting for my medical to b cleared..

i tink every little bit plays a part in their decision..

g u e s t
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue, 13 Dec 2005

Postby g u e s t » Thu, 19 Jan 2006 4:02 pm

plyn wrote:
SK 22 wrote:How's the management interview going on?

I am currently waiting for my management interview date. :(

From the forum, i am sad to hear that some failed the mgt interview.

Any advise and what are the qns asked during the mgt interview? kindly share. i am most appreciated.

btw, how is the passing rate? How many ppl are selected?


hi sk22, i juz had my mgmt interview yesterday. dun worry, just be yourself during e interview. for our slot, we had 2 lady interviewers and they were nice ppl. at this stage, they juz want to noe you better on a more personal basis so they'll ask qns like ur family backgd, working experience, lifestyle etc.

i feel that it's more relaxed than the first 2 rounds but of cos, this is also the last time u can convince them u r up to the job and really want it. all in all, be sincere and be YOURSELF. don't memorise ur lines cos they can tell.

the waiting for e results is the killer though, cos u dunno if u're in or out until the lady outside announces that u get to remain for tea-party or u have to leave e premises.

well, juz do ur best :) but watch out, nothing's final until after the tea-party as eliminations are still possible.

out of 12 girls, 7 passed the mgmt interview. but only 6 got thru in the end.. and now, the waiting is on again.. for the medical tests to be cleared.

hope my info is useful to those gg for the mgmt interview tmr and those still waiting for the mgmt interview date! all the best to u all!



hi there! congrats! dont worry too much on the medical k...

anyone starting training on the 7feb?
pls pm me! ; )

gd luck to all!!!

SK 22
Member
Member
Posts: 25
Joined: Sat, 17 Dec 2005
Contact:

Postby SK 22 » Thu, 19 Jan 2006 4:14 pm

hi plyn,

congratulation.. ..

so you will be starting on 7 feb?

when is the next available training date?

User avatar
M
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 857
Joined: Tue, 13 Sep 2005
Location: Singapore

Postby M » Thu, 19 Jan 2006 6:49 pm

plyn wrote:hi sk22, i juz had my mgmt interview yesterday. dun worry, just be yourself during e interview. for our slot, we had 2 lady interviewers and they were nice ppl. at this stage, they juz want to noe you better on a more personal basis so they'll ask qns like ur family backgd, working experience, lifestyle etc.

i feel that it's more relaxed than the first 2 rounds but of cos, this is also the last time u can convince them u r up to the job and really want it. all in all, be sincere and be YOURSELF. don't memorise ur lines cos they can tell.

the waiting for e results is the killer though, cos u dunno if u're in or out until the lady outside announces that u get to remain for tea-party or u have to leave e premises.

well, juz do ur best :) but watch out, nothing's final until after the tea-party as eliminations are still possible.

out of 12 girls, 7 passed the mgmt interview. but only 6 got thru in the end.. and now, the waiting is on again.. for the medical tests to be cleared.

hope my info is useful to those gg for the mgmt interview tmr and those still waiting for the mgmt interview date! all the best to u all!


Congratulations on your new found career~ :twisted:

M

User avatar
Paige
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 246
Joined: Tue, 13 Sep 2005
Location: Singapore

Postby Paige » Thu, 19 Jan 2006 10:09 pm

g u e s t wrote:
plyn wrote:
SK 22 wrote:How's the management interview going on?

I am currently waiting for my management interview date. :(

From the forum, i am sad to hear that some failed the mgt interview.

Any advise and what are the qns asked during the mgt interview? kindly share. i am most appreciated.

btw, how is the passing rate? How many ppl are selected?


hi sk22, i juz had my mgmt interview yesterday. dun worry, just be yourself during e interview. for our slot, we had 2 lady interviewers and they were nice ppl. at this stage, they juz want to noe you better on a more personal basis so they'll ask qns like ur family backgd, working experience, lifestyle etc.

i feel that it's more relaxed than the first 2 rounds but of cos, this is also the last time u can convince them u r up to the job and really want it. all in all, be sincere and be YOURSELF. don't memorise ur lines cos they can tell.

the waiting for e results is the killer though, cos u dunno if u're in or out until the lady outside announces that u get to remain for tea-party or u have to leave e premises.

well, juz do ur best :) but watch out, nothing's final until after the tea-party as eliminations are still possible.

out of 12 girls, 7 passed the mgmt interview. but only 6 got thru in the end.. and now, the waiting is on again.. for the medical tests to be cleared.

hope my info is useful to those gg for the mgmt interview tmr and those still waiting for the mgmt interview date! all the best to u all!



hi there! congrats! dont worry too much on the medical k...

anyone starting training on the 7feb?
pls pm me! ; )

gd luck to all!!!

Hi Plyn and g u e s t,

All the best to ur career as a FA..

Cheers!
Paige :wink:

plyn
Member
Member
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu, 29 Dec 2005
Contact:

Postby plyn » Fri, 20 Jan 2006 12:17 am

SK 22 wrote:hi plyn,

congratulation.. ..

so you will be starting on 7 feb?

when is the next available training date?


dear sk22, guest, paige and M, thanks!

erm, i dunno if im startg on 7 feb, cos they haven contacted me.. still waitg for medical results! i heard e nxt available training date shld b in mid feb :D

irin
Member
Member
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon, 19 Sep 2005

Re: SQ

Postby irin » Fri, 20 Jan 2006 3:16 am

Hi Samsoh

Dun worry about your age, i am sure u are still eligible for the post of steward. as a guy, i am sure that the cut off age isn't 28.

All the best! :)

samsoh wrote:
guy wrote:can anyone enlighten me if there is an age limit for application of flight stewards/stewardress??? thanx for the kind attention and help. :wink: :D


I was invitated during last Oct intake when I'm 27 yrs old.
This year I'm 28 and quoted in my application. I didn't received my invitation. So i guess 28 is the cut off age...... :(
I'm referring to steward
Last edited by irin on Sat, 06 Jan 2007 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

summerchic
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue, 20 Sep 2005

Postby summerchic » Fri, 20 Jan 2006 5:58 am

hi! those who hv been around here long enough might remember me from the earlier posts. :)

i had my management interview last Dec and had just recently gone for my medical checkup. i, too, am waiting for the results. so if everything goes well, i will be starting training in the next intake - which is in Feb.

to those who are currently in the same situation, do PM me. we could be batchmates! :wink:

and to those going through the interviews, be it now or in future, i wish you the very best of luck. the whole process is certainly a gruelling one, but just hang in there and do your best!


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest