Singapore Expats Forum

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
User avatar
Menaquinone
Member
Member
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed, 04 Jan 2006

Postby Menaquinone » Thu, 12 Jan 2006 4:30 pm

Vaucluse wrote:[quote="MenaquinoneHaha anywayz.. here's another shot.. the exit to passenger ratio is not right?

Just wild-guessing,
MK. :oops:


I agree. The passenger to exit doors ratio should be 1:1[/quote]

To build on this point, if all the windows were actually doors...wouldn't it be nice? So passengers can parachute from where they are seating in cases of plane crash. :)

Ready to reveal the answer?

User avatar
Plavt
Director
Director
Posts: 4290
Joined: Wed, 18 May 2005
Location: United Kingdom

Postby Plavt » Thu, 12 Jan 2006 4:36 pm

This is for Menaquinone as I know he/she has been wracking his/her brains all night. Just look at the back doors on the 777 and you will see they open a different way to say a 747. One reason people have been killed in air accidents is they have tried to push open doors that have to be pulled and twisted. This is just a small observation you can make for yourselves and could well be of use in your interview, after all it's printed on the safety card which you will have to know well if you are employed as a flight attendant and remember must people (including many here by the look of it) never read them. Not so difficult was it? Those of you who can afford/be bothered to take a flight - have a look around the plane and ask the cabin crew about the different features - something for your notebook.


Plavt.

User avatar
Menaquinone
Member
Member
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed, 04 Jan 2006

Postby Menaquinone » Thu, 12 Jan 2006 6:56 pm

Plavt wrote:This is for Menaquinone as I know he/she has been wracking his/her brains all night. Just look at the back doors on the 777 and you will see they open a different way to say a 747. One reason people have been killed in air accidents is they have tried to push open doors that have to be pulled and twisted. This is just a small observation you can make for yourselves and could well be of use in your interview, after all it's printed on the safety card which you will have to know well if you are employed as a flight attendant and remember must people (including many here by the look of it) never read them. Not so difficult was it? Those of you who can afford/be bothered to take a flight - have a look around the plane and ask the cabin crew about the different features - something for your notebook.


Plavt.


Thanks for the tip. Well, I never took serious notice of such things. Wake up CAll..!!

Taking too many things for granted,
MK4

SK 22
Member
Member
Posts: 25
Joined: Sat, 17 Dec 2005
Contact:

Postby SK 22 » Thu, 12 Jan 2006 8:10 pm

I'M*(!_!)*Julie wrote:
SK 22 wrote:Hello..

I have been reading this forum..

I have made it to the 3rd run for this jan intake.

Kindly check who will be going to STC on fri 13 Jan,10? Wanna meet?

Anyone can provide tips on how to bun up the hair?


Hi SK 22!

If you do not know how to bun your hair, the easiest way is to buy those bands that can bun up your hair easlier! IT's in a plastic form that you can twist your hair up easily! Can buy from all major deptmental stores and also hair clips shops. Hope this helps!

Best Regards and good luck!
Julie Tan


Hi Julie

Thanks for your prompt reply. I have no time to buy as I have late meeting on Thurs. Just finished meeting. My hair is in layer. Quite hard to try. I will try my best.

For all who are going for the tests tomorrow, good luck to all and myself.

Will update you all on the outcome.

User avatar
M
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 857
Joined: Tue, 13 Sep 2005
Location: Singapore

Re: Congratulations

Postby M » Thu, 12 Jan 2006 9:24 pm

voxvox wrote:Dear all,

There were 38 gals who got through the kebaya test yesterday. I was among the 38 of them. 2 went home cos they forgot their swim suit and will come back on another day. Now left 36 people left for the swimming test. 3 gals failed during the swimming test. And unfortunately, i was among the 3 who failed. I was rather disappointed that i flunked at this stage where i did not know what was wrong with me. Sigh. I did not panic or hesitate and swam backstroke. Well, maybe its luck.

Well, maybe i will try again. After all, this is my 1st try. Hope i won;t have to go thru so many tries. Hahaha. I will like to thanks jeryln and phylicia for alll your encouragement sms. I am touched!

For all the others who got through. Congratulations!! And Gambatte!! :) Though i did not get through, u gals must continue the journry for the rest of us k? :)


voxvox, I feel you. Really sorry to hear that but do try again as I believe you have youth as your bargaining chip.

Was there any body check conducted prior the jump?

M :cool:

User avatar
Plavt
Director
Director
Posts: 4290
Joined: Wed, 18 May 2005
Location: United Kingdom

Postby Plavt » Thu, 12 Jan 2006 9:49 pm

VoxVox,


I realize your disappointment but they have identified you as a weak swimmer, shame but it happens. Your next move is go to a life-saving instructor or some professional who can see your weaknesses. Better still get yourself a life-saving cerificate. Do that as fast as possible even if it cost you a few dollars (whatever that might be) you are young and have time to improve. In addition to that write down everything you remember about the interview and tests. Then you can expand and improve and go back with an even better chance. I am little 'peeved' to hear your fate since you didn't hesitate to jump as some do but don't let it get you down.

Try the other ways of swimming; front crawl, dolphin butterfly - they will make you stronger.

Plavt.

sq_boy
Regular
Regular
Posts: 58
Joined: Wed, 28 Dec 2005

Overwhelmed

Postby sq_boy » Thu, 12 Jan 2006 10:32 pm

Wow..it seems that really a lot of guys and gals get thru to the final round. That's good news. Once again, good luck to those going for their final round of interview and remember to post up your good news here. Gd Luck.. :)

User avatar
charlene_yy
Member
Member
Posts: 27
Joined: Fri, 30 Dec 2005

Postby charlene_yy » Fri, 13 Jan 2006 6:18 pm

so sad and disappointed that i got kicked out at the kebaya round
really dunno what went wrong :???: oh well shall treat this as an experience. good luck to those going for the mgmt round. jiayou~`*

sq_boy
Regular
Regular
Posts: 58
Joined: Wed, 28 Dec 2005

Hey

Postby sq_boy » Fri, 13 Jan 2006 9:03 pm

Hey...What's the outcome of those who went for the final management interview todae? Anyone care to update? :D How many are going to become future flight attendants? :wink:

User avatar
M
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 857
Joined: Tue, 13 Sep 2005
Location: Singapore

Postby M » Fri, 13 Jan 2006 11:56 pm

charlene_yy wrote:so sad and disappointed that i got kicked out at the kebaya round
really dunno what went wrong :???: oh well shall treat this as an experience. good luck to those going for the mgmt round. jiayou~`*


Eh, don't dispair? I'm sure ya will get past that stage on your next attempt! 8)

M :cool:

I'M*(!_!)*Julie
Regular
Regular
Posts: 119
Joined: Sun, 20 Nov 2005
Location: Singapore

Postby I'M*(!_!)*Julie » Sat, 14 Jan 2006 4:29 am

charlene_yy wrote:so sad and disappointed that i got kicked out at the kebaya round
really dunno what went wrong :???: oh well shall treat this as an experience. good luck to those going for the mgmt round. jiayou~`*


Dear Charlene,

You had made it this far and you should be prond of yourself kk! Treat it as a very fruitful experience as during the next intake, if you are going, you will know what to expect! Don't be too sad as I'll say maybe this time luck is not on your side. Next time I'm sure, with more experience, you will most properly make it to the management round! Jia you and be focus on what you want!

Best Regards,
Julie Tan
Never Regret, As Life Is Too Short For Regrets!

voxvox
Member
Member
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue, 27 Dec 2005

Re: Congratulations

Postby voxvox » Sat, 14 Jan 2006 10:51 am

M wrote:
voxvox wrote:Dear all,

There were 38 gals who got through the kebaya test yesterday. I was among the 38 of them. 2 went home cos they forgot their swim suit and will come back on another day. Now left 36 people left for the swimming test. 3 gals failed during the swimming test. And unfortunately, i was among the 3 who failed. I was rather disappointed that i flunked at this stage where i did not know what was wrong with me. Sigh. I did not panic or hesitate and swam backstroke. Well, maybe its luck.

Well, maybe i will try again. After all, this is my 1st try. Hope i won;t have to go thru so many tries. Hahaha. I will like to thanks jeryln and phylicia for alll your encouragement sms. I am touched!

For all the others who got through. Congratulations!! And Gambatte!! :) Though i did not get through, u gals must continue the journry for the rest of us k? :)


voxvox, I feel you. Really sorry to hear that but do try again as I believe you have youth as your bargaining chip.

Was there any body check conducted prior the jump?

M :cool:


Hi M,

As the group going for the swim test is rather big (36 pax), there isn't really time for body checks. Basically, the interviewers asked the candidates to walk from one end to the other end. And they proceeded to the jump. However, for my batch, we went for the jump 1st and then do the "walking". There wasn't really a body check. But when we walked towards them (one by one), they will look at our face and also asked us to turn around so that they can see our backview.

Hope this information is useful to everyone who are going for interviews next time. :D

voxvox
Member
Member
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue, 27 Dec 2005

Postby voxvox » Sat, 14 Jan 2006 10:55 am

Plavt wrote:VoxVox,


I realize your disappointment but they have identified you as a weak swimmer, shame but it happens. Your next move is go to a life-saving instructor or some professional who can see your weaknesses. Better still get yourself a life-saving cerificate. Do that as fast as possible even if it cost you a few dollars (whatever that might be) you are young and have time to improve. In addition to that write down everything you remember about the interview and tests. Then you can expand and improve and go back with an even better chance. I am little 'peeved' to hear your fate since you didn't hesitate to jump as some do but don't let it get you down.

Try the other ways of swimming; front crawl, dolphin butterfly - they will make you stronger.

Plavt.


Hi Plavt,

Thank you veyr much for your advice. I will write this experiences down for my future references. Though i know how to swim, still they identified me as a poor swimmer. Maybe its luck. Neverthless, i will treat this as a learning experience and try again. And to brush up on my strokes. :D

For those going to management round on Monday, GAMBATTE!!!! :)

User avatar
M
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 857
Joined: Tue, 13 Sep 2005
Location: Singapore

Re: Congratulations

Postby M » Sat, 14 Jan 2006 12:22 pm

voxvox wrote:Hi M,

As the group going for the swim test is rather big (36 pax), there isn't really time for body checks. Basically, the interviewers asked the candidates to walk from one end to the other end. And they proceeded to the jump. However, for my batch, we went for the jump 1st and then do the "walking". There wasn't really a body check. But when we walked towards them (one by one), they will look at our face and also asked us to turn around so that they can see our backview.

Hope this information is useful to everyone who are going for interviews next time. :D


That was the check I was referring to? Nevertheless guys were axed if they are too beefy or fat during this check!

M :cool:

mamom
Member
Member
Posts: 30
Joined: Fri, 25 Nov 2005

CADET CABIN CREW EXECUTIVE

Postby mamom » Sat, 14 Jan 2006 1:15 pm

CADET CABIN CREW EXECUTIVE
This scheme offers opportunities in Cabin Crew Division for bright and enthusiastic individuals with diverse talents and interests. You will be initially trained to operate as a cabin crew and be exposed to flying duties. Soon after, you will be assigned to one of the many challenging roles in Planning, Recruitment, Training, Sytems, Service Performance and Service Development. As the thinkers, planners and implementers at the heart of the division, you will help to set future directions, drive performance, control and standards.


You must have a recognized University Degree, preferably with Honours. You should also possess leadership qualities and the ability to relate well with people. In addition, you must be able to meet the standards of our cabin crew requirements. Applicants must be willing to serve a training bond.




this sounds more attractive for those stand at higher qualification.


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest