Singapore Expats Forum

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
berdee5155
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue, 27 Dec 2005
Location: East-West

Re: 8th Jan

Postby berdee5155 » Tue, 03 Jan 2006 3:20 pm

sq_boy wrote:Hi GaryChien,
I think interview on the 8th is for the stewards, not stewardess. :D
Berdee's interview is on the 7th Jan right..according to the posts.. :wink:


Ya, sori mine is for the stewardess on 7 Jan 2006.

hehehe..tink gary got it wrong! :P

rach
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat, 26 Nov 2005

8th January Interview

Postby rach » Tue, 03 Jan 2006 3:46 pm

Any girls whose interview falls on 8th January? I'm one.
Live everyday to the fullest.

garychien
Regular
Regular
Posts: 69
Joined: Mon, 02 Jan 2006
Location: Singapore

blur...

Postby garychien » Tue, 03 Jan 2006 3:47 pm

yo...

sorry abt the mix-up... a little blur already...due to nervous...

but now getting better and more fresh already...

User avatar
singaporegrrl
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 635
Joined: Mon, 21 Nov 2005
Location: Singapore / United Arab Emirates

Postby singaporegrrl » Tue, 03 Jan 2006 4:19 pm

Heyz all,

I've called to check my application status and I'm not shortlisted. Nevertheless, good luck to those going for the interviews this weekend.
Jangan tanya soalan merepek boleh tak?

User avatar
queenie-me
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 649
Joined: Wed, 04 May 2005
Location: Singapore

Postby queenie-me » Tue, 03 Jan 2006 5:17 pm

singaporegrrl wrote:Heyz all,

I've called to check my application status and I'm not shortlisted. Nevertheless, good luck to those going for the interviews this weekend.


you're not alone for not being shortlisted. i am so.. upset. well, we can try again next time. ;)

garychien
Regular
Regular
Posts: 69
Joined: Mon, 02 Jan 2006
Location: Singapore

no worries

Postby garychien » Tue, 03 Jan 2006 5:54 pm

no worries ladies...

i am sure u girls will get in the next time round... as the saying goes...

Keep on trying...!

mamom
Member
Member
Posts: 30
Joined: Fri, 25 Nov 2005

Postby mamom » Tue, 03 Jan 2006 5:58 pm

is there any1 knows when they will send out the invitation for Malaysian Stewardess? the closing date is on 24th Dec 2005....thanks in advance. :lol:

jenga
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed, 28 Dec 2005
Location: SG

Postby jenga » Tue, 03 Jan 2006 6:00 pm

singaporegrrl wrote:Heyz all,

I've called to check my application status and I'm not shortlisted. Nevertheless, good luck to those going for the interviews this weekend.


Hey gal,

Cheer up! try again next time, ok? :)

sq_boy
Regular
Regular
Posts: 58
Joined: Wed, 28 Dec 2005

Re: 8th Jan

Postby sq_boy » Tue, 03 Jan 2006 8:10 pm

M wrote:
sq_boy wrote:Hey Gary,
From what I gather, the first round of interview will involve mass interview. Meaning, they will placed you in groups of 10 then maybe will go thru a self-intro or the interviewers will ask a generic question and from there, a few will be selected and move on to the next round which is a 1-to-1 interview. You will be informed whether you are selected for the next round. If I am not wrong, the next round will involve a psychometric test (computer-aided) and then the swimming test (this, I am not so sure bt the guys....) and the catwalk thingy which i m confused too. After this, a few will be selected for a management interview then a tea party where they will gauge your personality from there....dat's all i know... :D some kind souls can help to verify? :wink:


Day 1 - Round 1: 10 interviewees in a room. Different questions posed so dont harp on any generic ones? Upon successful clearence, you will remain for round 2.
Day 2 - Round 2: 1-1 interview with an interviewer. Upon successful clearence, you will be rewarded with day 2 programmes.

Day 2 - Round 1: Psychometric test. Nothing much, just enjoy the ride.
Day 2 - Round 2: Swimming test @ The Wet. Lifejackets will be provided and goggles are optional. Upon reaching the other side of the pool, you will be required to walk towards a management staff whom will conduct a body check.
Successful applicants' names will be made known end of the day.

Day 3 - Round 1: Management interview. Various questions asked, so be prepared for anything under the sun. Upon successful clearence, you will be retained for tea party.
Day 3 - Round 2: Tea party. Mingle for a tea session observed by interviewers. Do take note that casualities do occur. Upon successful clearence for final round, you will be informed to attend a medical checkup.

Basically these are the stages for the gentlemen and as for ladies, there are kebaya fitting and skin checks on day 2. Sequence wise, it might different.

There you go, so best of luck peeps. Preparation plays a small part while a good fortune will bring you far.

Cheers
M :cool:


Thanks M and Eastsider for their info....really detailed and complete....thanks a lot... :wink:

sq_boy
Regular
Regular
Posts: 58
Joined: Wed, 28 Dec 2005

Guys - Body Check?

Postby sq_boy » Tue, 03 Jan 2006 9:01 pm

Hi Guys,
Anyone here have any idea how stringent the guys' body checks are? What are they looking for? If they are looking for those macho types...then I am out...haha.... :???: Any kind souls care to enlighten me?

Plavt
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 4289
Joined: Wed, 18 May 2005
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Guys - Body Check?

Postby Plavt » Tue, 03 Jan 2006 9:25 pm

sq_boy wrote:Hi Guys,
Anyone here have any idea how stringent the guys' body checks are? What are they looking for? If they are looking for those macho types...then I am out...haha.... :???: Any kind souls care to enlighten me?



Nobody seems to know on the issue the men's appearance. However, you will need to be clean shaven of course and not be to overweight so don't eat too many suet puddings before you attend the interview. :D :D :D :P :P


Plavt.

sq_boy
Regular
Regular
Posts: 58
Joined: Wed, 28 Dec 2005

Re: Guys - Body Check?

Postby sq_boy » Tue, 03 Jan 2006 9:38 pm

Plavt wrote:
sq_boy wrote:Hi Guys,
Anyone here have any idea how stringent the guys' body checks are? What are they looking for? If they are looking for those macho types...then I am out...haha.... :???: Any kind souls care to enlighten me?



Nobody seems to know on the issue the men's appearance. However, you will need to be clean shaven of course and not be to overweight so don't eat too many suet puddings before you attend the interview. :D :D :D :P :P


Plavt.


Thanks Plavt....good advice :wink:

envisage06
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon, 02 Jan 2006

Postby envisage06 » Tue, 03 Jan 2006 9:54 pm

i saw some slim-built steward b4... so all is not lost! =p im on the skinny side too... my interview is on sun 8th, 1040am. do add me into ur msn: envisage06@yahoo.com.sg!

garychien
Regular
Regular
Posts: 69
Joined: Mon, 02 Jan 2006
Location: Singapore

Re: 8th Jan

Postby garychien » Tue, 03 Jan 2006 9:57 pm

sq_boy wrote:
M wrote:
sq_boy wrote:Hey Gary,
From what I gather, the first round of interview will involve mass interview. Meaning, they will placed you in groups of 10 then maybe will go thru a self-intro or the interviewers will ask a generic question and from there, a few will be selected and move on to the next round which is a 1-to-1 interview. You will be informed whether you are selected for the next round. If I am not wrong, the next round will involve a psychometric test (computer-aided) and then the swimming test (this, I am not so sure bt the guys....) and the catwalk thingy which i m confused too. After this, a few will be selected for a management interview then a tea party where they will gauge your personality from there....dat's all i know... :D some kind souls can help to verify? :wink:


Day 1 - Round 1: 10 interviewees in a room. Different questions posed so dont harp on any generic ones? Upon successful clearence, you will remain for round 2.
Day 1 - Round 2: 1-1 interview with an interviewer. Upon successful clearence, you will be rewarded with day 2 programmes.

Day 2 - Round 1: Psychometric test. Nothing much, just enjoy the ride.
Day 2 - Round 2: Swimming test @ The Wet. Lifejackets will be provided and goggles are optional. Upon reaching the other side of the pool, you will be required to walk towards a management staff whom will conduct a body check.
Successful applicants' names will be made known end of the day.

Day 3 - Round 1: Management interview. Various questions asked, so be prepared for anything under the sun. Upon successful clearence, you will be retained for tea party.
Day 3 - Round 2: Tea party. Mingle for a tea session observed by interviewers. Do take note that casualities do occur. Upon successful clearence for final round, you will be informed to attend a medical checkup.

Basically these are the stages for the gentlemen and as for ladies, there are kebaya fitting and skin checks on day 2. Sequence wise, it might different.

There you go, so best of luck peeps. Preparation plays a small part while a good fortune will bring you far.

Cheers
M :cool:


Thanks M and Eastsider for their info....really detailed and complete....thanks a lot... :wink:


So from Day 1 to Day 2, how long does it takes? or is it jus the next day? or from day 2 till day 3...

sorry abt the long msg...

User avatar
M
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 857
Joined: Tue, 13 Sep 2005
Location: Singapore

Re: 8th Jan

Postby M » Tue, 03 Jan 2006 10:12 pm

garychien wrote:So from Day 1 to Day 2, how long does it takes? or is it jus the next day? or from day 2 till day 3...

sorry abt the long msg...


Depends? Day 2 might be on the following week and Day 3, 3 weeks after? It has been that case but for recent intake for Oct, I'm not too sure.

M :cool:


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests