Singapore Expats Forum

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
User avatar
M
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 857
Joined: Tue, 13 Sep 2005
Location: Singapore

Postby M » Wed, 14 Dec 2005 11:25 pm

Fionevil wrote:Hi, I went for the Oct recruitment and will start training on the 28th Dec. Feeling really excited. :) Anyone out there starting on the same day? It was quite an unibelievable experience but I must say I'm really lucky cos this time round they are recruiting alot of people. Anyway best of luck to you guys trying out this time round! Be positive and smile alot! :D


Best of luck for your training!! :lol:

User avatar
queenie-me
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 649
Joined: Wed, 04 May 2005
Location: Singapore

Postby queenie-me » Thu, 15 Dec 2005 12:11 am

i hope someone can answer my question.:

i know SIA is looking for someone with diploma or higher. i got a diploma in dance. do u think they would accept?

User avatar
singaporegrrl
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 635
Joined: Mon, 21 Nov 2005
Location: Singapore / United Arab Emirates

ITE Graduate for SIA?

Postby singaporegrrl » Thu, 15 Dec 2005 12:25 am

Hi I'm a graduate from ITE College but am rather diasappointed when I found out the requirement is a diploma or A levels... but recently I have a friend who told me that her friend who have just graduated from ITE as well was recently accepted into training for SIA...could this be true? I have various leadership history in various CCAs from secondary school all the way to ITE especially...I am also multi-lingual in English, Malay and Indonesian and can converse abit of Thai...do I stand a chance?
Jangan tanya soalan merepek boleh tak?

silvercat
Member
Member
Posts: 24
Joined: Sat, 17 Sep 2005

Re: Plump Trainee??

Postby silvercat » Thu, 15 Dec 2005 5:44 am

S.V wrote:Hey All,

Newbie here but have been following this thread for quite sometime le.
Really appreciate that you all are willing to share your experiences and ideas.

Im wondering have anyone of ya out there seen before plump junior stewardess??.... Am thinking of applying but dont have the courage to do so cos am on the plump side though i've got a thin face.

I'm in my mid 20's le.... duh.... tot of trying this time round since they're planning to recruit a lot of staffs.... i dont wanna regret when i turn into an auntie and got no more chance le..... :P

Whatever it is.... may i wish all the applicants.... all the very best!!!.... U'll have my support here.... Cheers! :D


As long as you are in the acceptable weight range, it shd be just fine. Try finding out your BMI. It shd be less than 22. But in all, anything more than BMI22, you may even get thru if you have a gd personality and attitude, and they like you. However, in this case, they may request for you to lose weight to that of the acceptable range.
Best of luck gal!

silvercat
Member
Member
Posts: 24
Joined: Sat, 17 Sep 2005

Postby silvercat » Thu, 15 Dec 2005 5:48 am

queenie-me wrote:i hope someone can answer my question.:

i know SIA is looking for someone with diploma or higher. i got a diploma in dance. do u think they would accept?


The minimum requirments is that you need a diploma.

And for singaporegrrl,
I doubt what your friend say is not true. A diploma or A levels is a must in the application. Unless your friend had already join in the earlier times.

silvercat
Member
Member
Posts: 24
Joined: Sat, 17 Sep 2005

Postby silvercat » Thu, 15 Dec 2005 5:49 am

queenie-me wrote:i hope someone can answer my question.:

i know SIA is looking for someone with diploma or higher. i got a diploma in dance. do u think they would accept?


The minimum requirments is that you need a diploma. So you dont need to worry gal.

And for singaporegrrl,
I doubt what your friend say is not quite right. A diploma or A levels is a must in the application these days. Unless your friend had already join in the earlier times before 2004.

jerlyn
Regular
Regular
Posts: 101
Joined: Mon, 28 Nov 2005
Location: Singapore

Postby jerlyn » Thu, 15 Dec 2005 9:42 am

Fionevil wrote:Hi, I went for the Oct recruitment and will start training on the 28th Dec. Feeling really excited. :) Anyone out there starting on the same day? It was quite an unibelievable experience but I must say I'm really lucky cos this time round they are recruiting alot of people. Anyway best of luck to you guys trying out this time round! Be positive and smile alot! :D


whoa... really envious of you...happy for you at the same time...
I hope to be your junior soon! :oops:
yes luck does count but i believe you have the cabability so they have choosen you..**smiles**

User avatar
wawa
Regular
Regular
Posts: 53
Joined: Thu, 08 Dec 2005

Postby wawa » Thu, 15 Dec 2005 10:45 am

Fionevil wrote:Hi, I went for the Oct recruitment and will start training on the 28th Dec. Feeling really excited. :) Anyone out there starting on the same day? It was quite an unibelievable experience but I must say I'm really lucky cos this time round they are recruiting alot of people. Anyway best of luck to you guys trying out this time round! Be positive and smile alot! :D


Hi Fionevil,

so does that means you actually applied for the Sept intake and only starting training at the end of this mth? Whoa...that must be a really long journey. Can I conclude that since you passed the medical test and knowing your training dates, it takes abt 2 mths? That means they give you ample time to tender your resignation to your current job. Am I right?

User avatar
wawa
Regular
Regular
Posts: 53
Joined: Thu, 08 Dec 2005

Salary during and after graduation.

Postby wawa » Thu, 15 Dec 2005 10:54 am

Hey all aspiring FS,

was wondering no one ever talks abt the salary paid during and after training. From what I knoe, my frenz who are cabin crews, they were given $1.2k flat during training for diploma grads and $1.5k for degree grads. And also the salary structure is they've been paid thrice a mth. Whoaa!! Never heard of any jobs paying this much. At the same time you're paid allowances to the destination you fly too. Am I right? Any experience cabin crew care to share?

User avatar
wawa
Regular
Regular
Posts: 53
Joined: Thu, 08 Dec 2005

Postby wawa » Thu, 15 Dec 2005 10:58 am

queenie-me wrote:i hope someone can answer my question.:

i know SIA is looking for someone with diploma or higher. i got a diploma in dance. do u think they would accept?



Hi queenie,
as long as you have a diploma and from a local polytechnic that wdnt be a problem. I haf a fren whose from MDIS and she was called out for intv...unfortunately for her during the one-to-one intv she flunked. Nevertheless ..just send urs!!

User avatar
wawa
Regular
Regular
Posts: 53
Joined: Thu, 08 Dec 2005

Re: ITE Graduate for SIA?

Postby wawa » Thu, 15 Dec 2005 11:03 am

singaporegrrl wrote:Hi I'm a graduate from ITE College but am rather diasappointed when I found out the requirement is a diploma or A levels... but recently I have a friend who told me that her friend who have just graduated from ITE as well was recently accepted into training for SIA...could this be true? I have various leadership history in various CCAs from secondary school all the way to ITE especially...I am also multi-lingual in English, Malay and Indonesian and can converse abit of Thai...do I stand a chance?


Hey singaporegrrl!

don't be dissapointed...you shld go for it!! Just send yours but maybe in the meantime try furthering your studies to the polytechnic as least you have a back up to either becoming a FS and at the same time looking for other alternatives with your qualification. Its safer this way and I bet ur must be young...never too late for anything! Gd luck gerl!

*ariunaa
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri, 02 Dec 2005

hey lucky girl

Postby *ariunaa » Thu, 15 Dec 2005 2:19 pm

Fionevil wrote:Hi, I went for the Oct recruitment and will start training on the 28th Dec. Feeling really excited. :) Anyone out there starting on the same day? It was quite an unibelievable experience but I must say I'm really lucky cos this time round they are recruiting alot of people. Anyway best of luck to you guys trying out this time round! Be positive and smile alot! :D


Hi gurl how are you? first of all congratulations =D>

Im mongolian i really like to be stewardess it is my childhood dream. so i would like to ask u that is there any chance for me to be stewardess? when u were in the interview there are any foreigners except singaporean and malaysians? please help me if u know any information of that.
hoping u to reply for me.
thanks ya......... :D

I'M*(!_!)*Julie
Regular
Regular
Posts: 119
Joined: Sun, 20 Nov 2005
Location: Singapore

Will Disappear for Awhile

Postby I'M*(!_!)*Julie » Thu, 15 Dec 2005 2:36 pm

Dear All SIA Wannabees and SIA Starting Training Soon,

I will disappear for awhile as going tour leadin. Will disappear for 6 days so will catch up with you guys again when I'm back ok! In the meanwhile, take good car of yourselves and miss you all. Hope when I'm back will see good news in my mailbox and also everyone elses too kk! Best of luck and be safe!

Best Regards,
Julie
Never Regret, As Life Is Too Short For Regrets!

User avatar
wawa
Regular
Regular
Posts: 53
Joined: Thu, 08 Dec 2005

Re: Will Disappear for Awhile

Postby wawa » Thu, 15 Dec 2005 3:24 pm

I'M*(!_!)*Julie wrote:Dear All SIA Wannabees and SIA Starting Training Soon,

I will disappear for awhile as going tour leadin. Will disappear for 6 days so will catch up with you guys again when I'm back ok! In the meanwhile, take good car of yourselves and miss you all. Hope when I'm back will see good news in my mailbox and also everyone elses too kk! Best of luck and be safe!

Best Regards,
Julie


Hey Julie,
enjoy urself..meanwhile do take care too!! I will be away as well for 4 days for my shopping spree at bangkok! Sawa dee kap :lol:

I'M*(!_!)*Julie
Regular
Regular
Posts: 119
Joined: Sun, 20 Nov 2005
Location: Singapore

Re: Will Disappear for Awhile

Postby I'M*(!_!)*Julie » Thu, 15 Dec 2005 4:20 pm

wawa wrote:
I'M*(!_!)*Julie wrote:Dear All SIA Wannabees and SIA Starting Training Soon,

I will disappear for awhile as going tour leadin. Will disappear for 6 days so will catch up with you guys again when I'm back ok! In the meanwhile, take good car of yourselves and miss you all. Hope when I'm back will see good news in my mailbox and also everyone elses too kk! Best of luck and be safe!

Best Regards,
Julie


Hey Julie,
enjoy urself..meanwhile do take care too!! I will be away as well for 4 days for my shopping spree at bangkok! Sawa dee kap :lol:


Dear Wawa,

Cool! Bangkok is nice man! Remember to go for their traditional massage! Super nice. That time I went I felt like I havent exercise for very long man cause all stiff.. haha.. Enjoy and have fun shopping! Girls are born to shop! =)

Best Regards!
Julie Tan
Never Regret, As Life Is Too Short For Regrets!


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests